PDA

View Full Version : I just can't believe it........again!!!!

long beach bronco
11-16-2009, 04:52 AM
We blew a 3 game lead last season in 3 weeks, and now we blow a 3 and 1/2 game lead in 4 weeks. How does that happen? It is so frustrating to see our team play right into the hands of both the Ravens and Steelers by not spreading their defenses and throwing down field but rather sideline to sideline, then all of a sudden "getting it" and finally throwing downfield only to lose our QB and lose to Washington of all teams. Orton will probably be out two games. We have to beat the Chargers next week we just have to. I just can't see last year happening all over again.

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 05:10 AM
We blew a 3 game lead last season in 3 weeks, and now we blow a 3 and 1/2 game lead in 4 weeks. How does that happen? It is so frustrating to see our team play right into the hands of both the Ravens and Steelers by not spreading their defenses and throwing down field but rather sideline to sideline, then all of a sudden "getting it" and finally throwing downfield only to lose our QB and lose to Washington of all teams. Orton will probably be out two games. We have to beat the Chargers next week we just have to. I just can't see last year happening all over again.

I laughed at myself when people started creating threads about super bowl, winning the division etc when we are 6-0.

I was happy..but, still i was thinking.."Will we choke again?".

At office, my collegues were saying "You are 3-0,4-0 etc". I used to just smile.

I know NFL is a long season and the history is not in our favor in 2nd half of the season.

Right now, I am not even sure we can reach playoff's.

long beach bronco
11-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Next week's game is HUGE. We haven't had anything to cheer about around here in a month, and here come the Chargers again. We need to man up and take it to them and take care of business. A win would give us a one game lead in the standings and a two game lead in the tiebreaker.

55CrushEm
11-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Next week's game is HUGE. We haven't had anything to cheer about around here in a month, and here come the Chargers again. We need to man up and take it to them and take care of business. A win would give us a one game lead in the standings and a two game lead in the tiebreaker.

Yup.....by the time we play the Chargers on Sunday, it will have been FIVE weeks since our last win......sad.

Pony Boy
11-16-2009, 10:12 AM
deja-vu, all over again

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-16-2009, 10:17 AM
WTH happened in our bye week? We haven't looked even a little sharp since that week off.

long beach bronco
11-16-2009, 10:23 AM
It all started with that horrible game plan against the Ravens. We played east and west instead of north and south. You can't play sideline to sideline against teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh, they will kill you. Every time they lose, they have lost to teams going down the field on them. We finally woke up yesterday with the Redskins thinking that we were not going downfield and they got burned twice and then we lose Orton. Orton proved to me that he can heave that sucker downfield and I expect more of that when he returns. It will open up everything else.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-16-2009, 10:27 AM
It all started with that horrible game plan against the Ravens. We played east and west instead of north and south. You can't play sideline to sideline against teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh, they will kill you. Every time they lose, they have lost to teams going down the field on them. We finally woke up yesterday with the Redskins thinking that we were not going downfield and they got burned twice and then we lose Orton. Orton proved to me that he can heave that sucker downfield and I expect more of that when he returns. It will open up everything else.

I was at hte game, watching pregame warmups, and watching Orton absolutely hit a dime from his own 40 to the other 10. That's a 50 yard toss, it was effortless, and hit his target perfectly.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I was at hte game, watching pregame warmups, and watching Orton absolutely hit a dime from his own 40 to the other 10. That's a 50 yard toss, it was effortless, and hit his target perfectly.

and one has to wonder why McD didn't throw it deep to open things up sooner

Gort
11-16-2009, 11:46 AM
and one has to wonder why McD didn't throw it deep to open things up sooner

i think we're starting to discover that McD has a bit of a stubborn streak. he does what he wants to do. period. e.g., if he makes up his mind that we need to rush for 100+ yards against BAL or PIT to have a chance of winning, then he's gonna keep calling running plays no matter what the result and no matter what the score.

Kaylore
11-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Blowing 3 game leads with 11 games to play is not the same as blowing a three game lead with three games to play. Especially when you're starting QB is injured. It's pretty much universally accepted you are going to fall off.

missingnumber7
11-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Blowing 3 game leads with 11 games to play is not the same as blowing a three game lead with three games to play. Especially when you're starting QB is injured. It's pretty much universally accepted you are going to fall off.

Quoted for truth.

I hope the team that showed up for the game in SD shows up on Sunday...If they do hang on boys...we are in for a fun ride.

RMT
11-16-2009, 12:55 PM
i for one am GRATEFUL we were ever in a position to blow a 3 game lead in the first place after all of the "experts" predicted we would be a 3-13/4-12 team.

now everyone has heightened expectations of the team. be patient. this team is still a "work in progress" ... i mean, seriously, would we even be having threads like this if someone had said "the Broncos will be 6-3 and tied for 1st place with the Chargers going into their matchup in Denver on November 22nd with wins over the Patriots, Cowboys, and Bengals who are now in sole possession of 1st place in the AFC North"? ... and then based on that information alone be having discussions? i think not ...