PDA

View Full Version : Did this game show how important Orton is to us?

BroncoMan4ever
11-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Did the Washington game show that Orton is more than just a game manager and that he is a very important piece of our team?

all season there have been doubters, people calling for Simms, and saying Orton is nothing more than a game manager

in my opinion today's game showed he is integral to our offense. the moment he was out, our offense completely imploded. Simms couldn't connect with dump off passes or even do the things necessary to be a game manager. Orton has established himself as the leader and heart of the offense. Today showed he is far more than just a game manager. because if that were true, any halfway decent QB could have taken over in the 2nd half and played almost as well as he did in the 1st half.

Popps
11-15-2009, 11:56 PM
No question.

It certainly doesn't mean he's the best possible QB option for us, but it shows that he's the best we have... and just how important he is.

I mean, we win with him at QB and go to 7-2. That's pretty important.

He's a quality starter for our system, and most of the detractors are just looking for counter-plays after coming up on the losing end of the Quitler ordeal.

Crushaholic
11-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Simms was completely lost in the offense. Orton is, and will be, our quarterback...

Bob's your Information Minister
11-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Are you kidding me?

What did he do apart from hitting two guys who were wide the **** open?

Oh, and missing the third guy who was wide the **** open.

Maybe if Orton hits that pass you don't lose.

I doubt Orton would have made a difference.

The Broncos are just ****ty, no matter the quarterback. The curtain has been thrown back. The Redskins exposed Denver. IT'S OVER.

DBroncos4life
11-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Are you kidding me?

The Broncos are just ****ty, no matter the quarterback. The curtain has been thrown back. The Redskins exposed Denver. IT'S OVER.

There is a level of truth to that. I don't think we would have lost if Orton was still in the game but the way some people are acting you would think we was up by more then 3 points at half time. Our D got owned by a struggling team missing key players. Yeah the O didn't help them by not picking up first downs but man this Skins team was smashing us in the mouth and we couldn't stop them at all. This was the first time the Skins scored over 20 points. That's messed up.

BroncoMan4ever
11-16-2009, 12:21 AM
There is a level of truth to that. I don't think we would have lost if Orton was still in the game but the way some people are acting you would think we was up by more then 3 points at half time. Our D got owned by a struggling team missing key players. Yeah the O didn't help them by not picking up first downs but man this Skins team was smashing us in the mouth and we couldn't stop them at all. This was the first time the Skins scored over 20 points. That's messed up.

the defense was just fine in the 1st half. it wasn't until they were on the field the entire 2nd half that they fell apart.

Orton on the field leads to better offensive output and less time on the field for the defense, which means less opportunity for the Washington offense, and a Denver win.

Popps
11-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Are you kidding me?

:thumbsup:

Well, it's on... Broncos fans.

We're guaranteed a playoff spot!

Thanks Boob!

BroncoMan4ever
11-16-2009, 12:26 AM

Thanks Boob!

with the Bob Mojo, Orton just got a pro bowl berth as well.

DBroncos4life
11-16-2009, 12:33 AM
the defense was just fine in the 1st half. it wasn't until they were on the field the entire 2nd half that they fell apart.

Orton on the field leads to better offensive output and less time on the field for the defense, which means less opportunity for the Washington offense, and a Denver win.

I don't know about just fine, we did give up 14 points the first half compared to 13 in the second. They had 184 yards in the first half, and 194 in the second half. That's pretty balanced.

I already agreed that we would have won if Orton didn't go down.

BroncoMan4ever
11-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I don't know about just fine, we did give up 14 points the first half compared to 13 in the second. They had 184 yards in the first half, and 194 in the second half. That's pretty balanced.

I already agreed that we would have won if Orton didn't go down.

defense allowed 7 in the 1st half and 20 for the game. not bad for being on the field for around 45 minutes.

our special teams is responsible for us going to halftime only up by 3 instead of 10

BMarsh615
11-16-2009, 12:57 AM
It looked like Simms didn't know where to go with the football. He just held on to the ball to long. At least with Orton he gets the ball out quickly and knows what he supposed to do. I have never seen a 7 year vet look as bad as Simms did yesterday.

DBroncos4life
11-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Bottom line over the last 10 quarters with Orton we have made it to the RZ twice and we have scored only 34 points. Since the bye week we have been struggling in second halves of games. It's day and night from the first six games. The Balt game we were down just 6 points at half time, 4 to Pitt, and up by 3 vs the Skins. Our half time adjustments need fixed fast.

BroncoMan4ever
11-16-2009, 01:45 AM
Bottom line over the last 10 quarters with Orton we have made it to the RZ twice and we have scored only 34 points. Since the bye week we have been struggling in second halves of games. It's day and night from the first six games. The Balt game we were down just 6 points at half time, 4 to Pitt, and up by 3 vs the Skins. Our half time adjustments need fixed fast.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are 2 very tough and elite teams, and it isn't surprising that they dominated us. that is the game those teams play. they keep it close and beat on their opponent until they break.

Washington game shouldn't be looked at as a bad effort, because we were without the guy who makes our offense go. without him and replacing him with garbage plagued the entire team.

we need to be able to run the ball in the 2nd half of games

against Baltimore and Pittsburgh our OL was getting torn apart because of weak interior lineman and we couldn't set an offensive rhythm because of them taking the run game away completely. no team no matter the situation at QB can win if they need to throw the ball exclusively. against Washington it wasn't the line play that let us down, it was injury and ****ty backup play. once Orton was out and Simms showed he sucked donkey ass, it was over. it became a simple game of stuff the LOS and make us pass, because Simms can't even complete simple dump off passes

we have gotten outplayed the last few games, but there are logical reasons as to why.

Baltimore their defense was simply to strong for us

Pittsburgh is simply a better team in every phase of the game

Washington got good bounces on missed calls(we recovered a fumble that wasn't given to us) we lost our QB, and in the 2nd half Simms couldn't even complete a simple dumpoff pass.

Taco John
11-16-2009, 01:53 AM

Thanks Boob!

Hell, we might even win a miracle Superbowl.

Circle Orange
11-16-2009, 05:04 AM
The Skins caught Denver on a short week. Cross country, all that.

Sooner or later they had to win a game (or at least look like a professional team). It happened, now the broncs must pick up the pieces.

*gave warning thread awhile back about seeing this movie in black and white...broncs classic frontrunners that get caught by powder blue puffs* The Chargers were practically gleeful in the late game.

Now the questions begin. What about Orton? Will this ankle thing be a nagging problem now? And can they get Simms caught up enough to play efficiently?

jmz313
11-16-2009, 05:15 AM
Well, Orton stood the rest of the Game next to McD. So, if his ankle was that bad you'd think he would of been sitting and being treated actively.

I was at the game, the fact that they dont relay anything to you at Fedex Field had me in cold sweats as to why McD benched Orton. he looked like he was pineing to get back in the game. Happy to hear it wasnt the dumbest coaching move since Rob JOhnson over Doug Flutie.

barryr
11-16-2009, 05:20 AM
And it was just this summer when the Cutler fans were telling us all that Simms was a better QB than Orton. Shows they really know their football.

CEH
11-16-2009, 05:30 AM
3 for 13 for -1 and an INT tells me nothing about Orton just tells me Chris Simms had a really bad day. Jamarus Russell bad.

Maybe Simms is not a half way decent QB.

I would have rather had Orton from the shotgun throwing bubble screens and such with a gimpy ankle then what Simms brought yesterday

I hated that Orton stood on the sidelines with his helmet on watching the O implode.

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 05:32 AM
I would prefer Russell than simms..Atlest russell would have completed some throws.

errand
11-16-2009, 06:14 AM
Are you kidding me?

...so you have a problem with a QB that throws to the open man? I'm confused, because I thought that's what he was suppose to do. See open man, throw him the ball.

And you act like it's his fault that the Redskins blew the coverage on those two plays....what did you want him to do? Throw it away, or into coverage?

As for the Eddie Royal over throw....i blame those on this board who said he couldn't throw deep. He was clearly trying to prove to them he could...;D

errand
11-16-2009, 06:17 AM
I don't know about just fine, we did give up 14 points the first half .

well to be fair to our starting D...it was our PR unit that got torched by Hunter Smith for a 35 yard TD pass.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 06:22 AM
defense allowed 7 in the 1st half and 20 for the game. not bad for being on the field for around 45 minutes.

our special teams is responsible for us going to halftime only up by 3 instead of 10

well didn't the defense let them get down there to begin with

misturanderson
11-16-2009, 06:40 AM

Yep and then put them in a 4th and 20 situation where they had to chose between a long field goal and what they did.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Nope. Orton doesn't matter. Not at all.

The only reason Orton hit Marshall those two plays was because of "busted coverage," at least according to most people. Even though it was a perfectly drawn up play that COMPLETELY exposed an over-aggressive defense. But sure. Busted coverage. We'll go with that.

/sarcasm

outdoor_miner
11-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Nope. Orton doesn't matter. Not at all.

The only reason Orton hit Marshall those two plays was because of "busted coverage," at least according to most people. Even though it was a perfectly drawn up play that COMPLETELY exposed an over-aggressive defense. But sure. Busted coverage. We'll go with that.

/sarcasm

Also - no other quarterback in the NFL ever hits wide open receivers. None of them. It's too easy. When Brady sees Moss flying wide open behind the defense, he checks down to Welker because throwing a bomb to Moss would be too easy, and therefore, compromise the integrity of the game. Orton is a cheater... Plain and simple.

orange 4 life
11-16-2009, 08:25 AM
The short answer is a simple "yes."

We need to pray he's on the field Sunday and every game thereafter.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Are you kidding me?

If the corner doesn't reach out to stop Royal after he was beat on the double move, perhaps the timing of the route isn't disrupted and orton hits him in stride. I don't know how the refs missed that one.

And again, there really should be a rule. if your team SUCKS, you cannot trash talk another team.

HAT
11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
...so you have a problem with a QB that throws to the open man? I'm confused, because I thought that's what he was suppose to do. See open man, throw him the ball.

And you act like it's his fault that the Redskins blew the coverage on those two plays....what did you want him to do? Throw it away, or into coverage?

As for the Eddie Royal over throw....i blame those on this board who said he could throw deep. He was clearly trying to prove to them he could...;D

:thanku:

It's also worth noting that Washington has the best pass defense in the league yardage wise...only allowing 162 and change per game. And their defensive passer rating heading into yesterday was 81.8

And yet Orton the "game manager" throws for 193/2/0 and a stellar 134.7 rating in the first half alone. The Royal miss was unfortunate but don't forget that Brandon also had another deep ball that went through his hands.

It's funny that the same people who spent all last week telling us that Orton can't throw deep are now saying....."But they were wide open"

Anyway you slice it...Orton was NAILS yesterday. Get Healthy soon King Neckbeard!

broncocalijohn
11-16-2009, 11:07 AM
It looked like Simms didn't know where to go with the football. He just held on to the ball to long. At least with Orton he gets the ball out quickly and knows what he supposed to do. I have never seen a 7 year vet look as bad as Simms did yesterday.

Oh, he knew where to go with the ball. He stared at the pointed receiver for 5 seconds before trying to waffle the ball to him. Dude was pathetic and not prepared to come in at any given time needed. Orton had this game going for the win and not being able to get first downs in the air put the D on the field for almost 3/4ths of the game. (Dont read into giving the Defense total excuse for blowing plays).

BroncoMan4ever
11-16-2009, 11:55 AM

As for the Eddie Royal over throw....i blame those on this board who said he could throw deep. He was clearly trying to prove to them he could...;D

i think he thought he was going deep to Marshall again and elevated the pass to hit a receiver 7 inches taller

BroncoMan4ever
11-16-2009, 11:57 AM

nope. points matter, yards don't.

and in the 1st half our D allowed 7