PDA

View Full Version : So... Should We Make The Predictions Official?

RhymesayersDU
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
As many of you know, I was one of the idiots who made the "between 3 and 5 wins" prediction. I was down on the team, a doom & gloomer, whatever you want to call me. (Just don't call me late for dinner -- heeeeyyyyoooooo!)

Anyways, I find it interesting that we are now having virtually the SAME arguments now that we've lost 3 straight. Some people think the sky is falling and we won't win another game. Some think we'll be OK. Some are in the middle. So let's make it official. Will we end the season 6-10? Will we make the playoffs? Will we win the division? Obviously, a lot will depend on Orton's health. But as it stands now, what is your prediction for our season-ending record?

Also, if you do think we make the playoffs, feel free to predict how we do.

Edit: For obvious reasons, voting is public.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM
I think we will 2 more games and miss the playoffs again.

RhymesayersDU
11-15-2009, 06:58 PM
See, again, depends on Orton's health, but I think we at least get to 9 wins. I believe we beat KC twice and Oakland.

I'm trying to figure out how many others we can get. I know our boys have looked bad, but I think NYG at home is winnable. They look awful.

Ambiguous
11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
See, again, depends on Orton's health, but I think we at least get to 9 wins. I believe we beat KC twice and Oakland.

I'm trying to figure out how many others we can get. I know our boys have looked bad, but I think NYG at home is winnable. They look awful.

They beat the redskins. Ugh.

RhymesayersDU
11-15-2009, 07:23 PM

Yeah but come on, I think we can agree that if Orton doesn't get hurt, we beat the 'Skins. I mean, everybody is saying we collapsed, but IMO we didn't collapse. The starting QB got hurt. This is what happens when that happens. As I said in another thread, if Peyton Manning were to go down, I guarantee you that Jim Sorgi leads them nowhere.

watermock
11-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Man, the N.E. game seems like a year ago. They're ripping the Colts, at home.

RhymesayersDU
11-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Vote.

loborugger
11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
After the Skins performance, there is zero reason to expect another road victory this year. So, that is a loss at Indy, at Philly, and KC.

Which leaves us with the home games. With Simms at the helm, no reason to figure we can score enough to keep up with Sewer Mouth and Co, so chalk up SD as a loss. A short week, the Giants are in a freefall as badly as we are... maybe we bag up a win there. Which leaves home dates with KC and Oaktown. God, I would hope we could still beat them.

That leaves us at 9 -7, depending on the G-men game.

Which, if you asked me before the season, I would be thrilled with a better than .500 season. But its hard to get excited about after watching this team lurch outta the gates at 6 and 0, with some impressive wins under their belt.

ZONA
11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
After the Skins performance, there is zero reason to expect another road victory this year. So, that is a loss at Indy, at Philly, and KC.

Which leaves us with the home games. With Simms at the helm, no reason to figure we can score enough to keep up with Sewer Mouth and Co, so chalk up SD as a loss. A short week, the Giants are in a freefall as badly as we are... maybe we bag up a win there. Which leaves home dates with KC and Oaktown. God, I would hope we could still beat them.

That leaves us at 9 -7, depending on the G-men game.

Which, if you asked me before the season, I would be thrilled with a better than .500 season. But its hard to get excited about after watching this team lurch outta the gates at 6 and 0, with some impressive wins under their belt.

I totally disagree. I think the injuries to McBean and Harris have really hurt both lines. Both will come back soon and I think 10 wins gets us into the playoffs. But this next game will be everything. If we win and go to 7-3, I fully expect to win 3 more times for a 10-6 record while SD sits home with a 9-7 record. If we lose to SD, then yeah, I think we end up about 9-7 and miss the playoffs while SD goes onto 10-6 or 11-5 even.

boltaneer
11-16-2009, 07:07 PM
9-7. I just can't see the lowly Raiders or Chiefs beating you guys. And I can't see those two winning another game this year unless it's against each other again.

El Jué
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Maybe 9-7. But 8-8.

No playoffs either way.

Chargers are going 11-5.

Los Broncos
11-16-2009, 07:28 PM
If Orton doesn't play this week we lose.

8-8 with the only two wins vs KC and Oakland.

LongDongJohnson
11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
i like how a lot of us bronco fans think we will lose to the chiefs at kc.

ludo21
11-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I say we split KC and beat Oakland..... +2

- we beat Chargers at home... +1
- beat the Giants somehow... +1

Then lost the rest... 10-6 it is

oubronco
11-16-2009, 07:38 PM

as did the chiefs

Mogulseeker
11-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Depends on next week. I would still guess 10-6 to 11-5

El Jué
11-16-2009, 07:41 PM
as did the chiefs

And the freaking Lions.

HAT
11-16-2009, 08:05 PM
10-6. Losses @ Indy & Philly + either SD OR NYG @ home (But not both)

That's going to be a 3 seed if they win the AFCW (Tie breaker over 10-6 NE)
and a 6 seed at best if not. They'd need Balty to finish 9-7...I'd imagine Denver would win the tiebreak over a 10-6 Houston team by way of Conference records.

The AFCW tiebreak could be very interesting if Denver & SD split:

1) 1-1 head to head
2) 4-0 vs. KC & Oak
3) 4-4 common opponents

Common opponents:
SD: 4-4 beat ClE, NYG, PHI, WAS....lose to BAL, PIT, CIN & DAL
DEN: 4-4 beat CLE, CIN, DAL, NYG...lose to BAL, PIT, WAS, PHI

4) 1-1 vs. other AFC opponents
SD: Beat Miami, lose to TEN
DEN: Beat NE, lose INDY

That leaves tie-break #5 and I'm not exactly sure what they mean?

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

Is it strength of victory in the 2 games vs. each other? I hope so b/c I don't think SD can win by 10 or more on Sunday.

Denver would win tie break #6 for sure by way of playing NE & IND as opposed to MIA & TEN.

HAT
11-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Denver is not losing @KC with an extra 3 days of rest/prep.

loborugger
11-16-2009, 08:08 PM
i like how a lot of us bronco fans think we will lose to the chiefs at kc.

Why not? Its their SB. We historically play poorly there. Or have you already forgotten how they ended their epic losing streak against us last year?

LongDongJohnson
11-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Why not? Its their SB. We historically play poorly there. Or have you already forgotten how they ended their epic losing streak against us last year?what do you mean why not. they freaking suck.

we historically play bad there because of larry johnson and tony gonzalez always having their best games against us while cutler and plummer throw picks. all of those players are gone.

and arrowhead is not what it used to be. playing in kc is no longer an automatic loss.

listopencil
11-16-2009, 11:47 PM
With the D faltering and Orton banged up, I'm revising my prediction back down to 10-6 again.