PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno Appreciation Thread.

GreatBronco16
11-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I thought he had a pretty damn good game today. McD finally stopped trying to run him up the middle over and over and got him out on the edges in space and he made some good moves and had some good runs.

Just thought I'd share.

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
He reminds me of Portis some the way he knifes through small openings.

baja
11-15-2009, 03:46 PM
KM had a very good game, one of the few bright spots.

What happened to Buckhalter did not see him after the fumble?

The Joker
11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
KM had a very good game, one of the few bright spots.

What happened to Buckhalter did not see him after the fumble?

It's been the way this season when both backs are healthy.

If one of them fumbles, the other becomes the feature back for the day.

Knowshon looked good today, he'll be a very good runner for us for years to come if he stays healthy.

oubronco
11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Moreno is best on the edges and when he isn't dancing around he had a good game

baja
11-15-2009, 03:50 PM
You can't blame that fumble on Buck

Popps
11-15-2009, 03:53 PM
I love the kid. He's learning, and our line is still forming... but we're getting glimpses of what the team can do with him.

Ripping off those 7 yard runs is just invaluable to our offense.

He's on his way to a very productive rookie season, despite being the object of some undue criticism around here.

Beantown Bronco
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM

I can.

Just out of curiosity, who would you blame it on?

bronco militia
11-15-2009, 03:56 PM

LOL....yeah, that's ortons fault too

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 03:57 PM
I can.

:spit:

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Moreno played well..:thumbs:

baja
11-15-2009, 04:01 PM
LOL....yeah, that's ortons fault too

He was stripped it happens

name another back that doesn't lose that ball on that play.

The other guys get paid too.

baja
11-15-2009, 04:02 PM
I can.

I would call it a great defensive play, it happens you know.

baja
11-15-2009, 04:03 PM
:spit:

You STFU. ;D

bpc
11-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Very average today. Looked great when Brandon Marshall was opening up the secondary. After Simms eternally crapped the pot, he didn't do much. Still can't run through defenders at the LOS.

Got his first 20 yd carry of the season though... 9 games into the season.

Whoot.

Beantown Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I would call it a great defensive play, it happens you know.

It does, but I didn't see it there. He was carrying it carelessly and the guy just seemed to hit him in the back. I didn't see an overly aggressive strip or anything. Looked pretty routine and he just coughed it up.

baja
11-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Buck is not a fumbler he has something like 3 his whole career

baja
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
He didn't deserve to be benched

baja
11-15-2009, 04:10 PM
It does, but I didn't see it there. He was carrying it carelessly and the guy just seemed to hit him in the back. I didn't see an overly aggressive strip or anything. Looked pretty routine and he just coughed it up.

I watched the game in a very crowed noisy bar and there was only one replay that I saw it looked like a good play and strip by the D

Admittedly I was somewhat distracted by the chick with the big boobies in the too small bikini

GreatBronco16
11-15-2009, 05:21 PM
He wasn't stripped. He was basically standing straight up and got popped in the back and the ball came out. He just never saw the lineman charging up from behind.

But it is still his fault.

elsid13
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Very average today. Looked great when Brandon Marshall was opening up the secondary. After Simms eternally crapped the pot, he didn't do much. Still can't run through defenders at the LOS.

Whoot.

He played better then you gave him credit for. It was very game for him when came to run those zone plays/stretch plays and attacking the edge. And I post this as one of the guys that never been that enamored with his play.

BlaK-Argentina
11-15-2009, 05:26 PM
I thought he was going to win it for us until Simms threw that absolutely horrid INT.

CSU Husker
11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
He was stripped it happens

name another back that doesn't lose that ball on that play.

The other guys get paid too.

Wasnt really stripped, was more of a hard hit from behind that jarred it loose. Its Bucks fault for not anticipating that he might be hit from behind when dancing around like he was.

Br0nc0Buster
11-15-2009, 06:07 PM
McDaniels finally started calling stretch plays isntead of up the butt over and over again

I get that he likes to pull guards, but Shannys stretch plays were just better

DenverBound
11-15-2009, 06:15 PM

Whoot.

You should be punched in the throat. _i_O_i_

Garcia Bronco
11-15-2009, 06:16 PM

I blame him...because he's guilty.

eddie mac
11-15-2009, 06:17 PM

Whoot.

ANTI-DEPRESSANTS.

Please take some you big girl.

Taco John
11-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Glad to see him break his first 100 yard game. I'm looking forward to that sort of performance against a good defense.

cabronco
11-15-2009, 06:29 PM
He seems to be running with more authority. He runs similar to Devin Hester, like running from the cops.

elsid13
11-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Glad to see him break his first 100 yard game. I'm looking forward to that sort of performance against a good defense.

actually he only got 97.

Taco John
11-15-2009, 07:44 PM
actually he only got 97.

So he did. Hmmm... I wonder what the hell I was looking at.

Well, here's to a hundy next week against a team we'll need a hundy to beat.

randomtask
11-15-2009, 07:51 PM
So, will Moreno's relative success at running the zone stretch plays cause McD to call more outside runs, or possibly use more zone-blocking in general on run plays?

HILife
11-15-2009, 07:54 PM
I watched the game in a very crowed noisy bar and there was only one replay that I saw it looked like a good play and strip by the D

Admittedly I was somewhat distracted by the chick with the big boobies in the too small bikini

pics?

baja
11-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I blame him...because he's guilty.

Well it wasn't his fault on Mexican TV maybe it lost something in the translation. ;D

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
actually he only got 97.

He was at 97 forever ...

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 08:04 AM
I like Moreno. Some people think he should be Adrian Peterson just because he was drafted in the 1st, but be realistic. Moreno is a good productive back.

Traveler
11-16-2009, 08:28 AM
I think the speed of the game is finally starting to slow down for him. He was alot more patient when running yesterday.

Now if we can only fix the defense again. If we don't, Rivers and company will be talking as much **** to us as we did to them earlier this year.

Only difference being the division title is at stake. McDaniels and Nolan better get their act together quickly or we'll likely be 6-5 by the end of this month.

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 08:48 AM

Whoot.

Dude, didn't do much after Simms came in? 6 carries for 44 yards is pretty damn good. Over 7 yards per carry. It's not his fault they literally didn't run the ball once the last two drives.

mwill07
11-16-2009, 09:00 AM

Whoot.

false.

Moreno's carries w/ Simms @ QB:

1-10-DEN28 (12:55) K.Moreno right end to DEN 37 for 9 yards (D.Hall, R.McIntosh).
2-1-DEN37 (12:14) K.Moreno right tackle to DEN 39 for 2 yards (A.Carter, R.Doughty).
2-20-DEN29 (11:00) K.Moreno right end to DEN 47 for 18 yards (J.Tryon, R.Doughty).
1-10-DEN31 (4:31) K.Moreno right end to DEN 32 for 1 yard (R.Doughty, K.Golston).
1-10-DEN40 (10:40) K.Moreno right tackle to DEN 43 for 3 yards (A.Carter).
2-7-DEN43 (10:03) K.Moreno left end to WAS 46 for 11 yards (R.Doughty).

or, 44 yards at 7.3 yards per rush.

Once Simms threw the pick and we were unable to stop Washington, we completely abandoned running the ball (and throwing it accurately too). Who would have thought that we would only have the opprutunity to run the ball twice in the 4th Qtr?

Moreno and Orton finally throwing deep were the only bright spots from this game.

outdoor_miner
11-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Moreno and Orton finally throwing deep were the only bright spots from this game.

bpc only sees what he wants to see. That is becoming clear. He dislikes Orton and Moreno, so they receive no credit for a job well done. He likes Brandon Marshall (certainly because he is one of Shanahan's boys), so Marshall gets credit for every good play that happened today.

Bronxfan
11-16-2009, 09:10 AM
He needs to gain some explosiveness

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 09:15 AM
He needs to gain some explosiveness

Your timing couldn't be worse. One day after he has runs of 28, 18, 11 and 10 yards.

55CrushEm
11-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Your timing couldn't be worse. One day after he has runs of 28, 18, 11 and 10 yards.

Seriously. Do people even think before they post?

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Seemed like sarcasm to me ... he's a new guy from New York.

Broncosfreak_56
11-16-2009, 10:24 AM
McDaniels needs to let Knowshon start carrying the ball more. And more importantly, call more plays for him to get him out on the edge. That's where he did most of his damage yesterday. I cant believe McD called a deep PA pass when he did with Knowshon running so well. That is what lost us the game.

Cito Pelon
11-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Moreno reminds me of Walter Payton in some ways. Ok, ok, I know it's a reach. But nevertheless. The way he seeks contact once he breaks the LOS. Kid has his pads way ahead of his feet, dips his head to make contact and bounces forward, plays with joy and abandon, has hands, twists and keeps his legs churning after contact. He's not quite polished yet, but he plays with joy and abandon and you gotta love that.

ohiobronco2
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Still would have rather had Wells, but Moreno played well yesterday.

GreatBronco16
11-16-2009, 07:00 PM
McDaniels needs to let Knowshon start carrying the ball more. And more importantly, call more plays for him to get him out on the edge. That's where he did most of his damage yesterday. I cant believe McD called a deep PA pass when he did with Knowshon running so well. That is what lost us the game.

McD called the PA pass, but I highly doubt he told Simms to throw it to the endzone. That was just Simms trying to show off in my mind, and it back fired on him. No way in hell that McD wanted Simms to throw a hail mary on first down, esp in triple coverage on Marshall.

Popps
11-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Mega-props to Moreno tonight. Great game. Hard running, chain-moving effort. Running around, through and over people... and a TD to top it off.

Another nice effort from our future workhorse!

Broncosfreak_56
11-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Hes going to be a star. Just hope his hand is OK. McD needs to let him be the workhorse, buck has lost a step, it seems.

GoBroncos84
11-26-2009, 08:44 PM
He has a lot to learn still, but he seems to be sharper each week. Very excited about his future. He was my favorite player coming out of the draft, and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite broncos. Love his passion and effort

bpc
11-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Offense looked like they featured more ZBS, edge running plays. Got the defense moving and the OL was hitting the 2nd levels.

Moreno looked better than he has all year. Still missed 100 yds rushing but we build to these things.

He still needs to do some jumprope this offseason.

Popps
11-26-2009, 09:12 PM
He has a lot to learn still, but he seems to be sharper each week. Very excited about his future. He was my favorite player coming out of the draft, and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite broncos. Love his passion and effort

He's the exact kind of runner we need. He's a chain-mover, and can make a few yards out of not much. He won't break off a lot of 50 yarders, but he's a perfect cog for our offense.

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Solid game by Knowshon tonight....was hoping he would get his 100 yard game.

Any word on his wrist/hand injury?

B-Love
11-26-2009, 09:22 PM
When you look back at thios game, it is hard to believe he only had 88 yards.

That was the most productive 88 yards I've seen in a long time!!!

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2009, 09:25 PM

True....seemed like he had about 120 yards in the game.

Popps
11-26-2009, 09:35 PM

B, he had two long runs brought back by holding calls. I'd guess those would have easily put him over 100... probably around 110.

You're exactly right about them being productive yards, though. That's exactly the kind of performance that helps us win games. That's our style of football. Our defense wasn't on the field for most of the first half!

Gotta love the kid.

ColoradoBuff
11-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Great game by K.....he's gonna be a stud

Rohirrim
11-26-2009, 09:52 PM
I didn't think of Hillis once tonight. Moreno looks better every game. Starting to hit the hole with authority. Starting to recognize the gaps quicker. Much more to come.

Bronco Warrior
11-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Moreno finally ran smart as well as hard! Finally showed he can just punch the hole and run fierce! And do it the whole game! As for Bucky he got banged up that is why he came out. And did you see how he was taking care of the rock? Like he was protecting his first born! Nice job Moreno!!

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2009, 10:20 PM
I have a feeling Knowshon is about ready to bust out with a breakout game in the next few weeks....120+ yards and a few TDs.

He ran with efficiency and tenacity today....there was not much hesitation in his runs.

Bronco Warrior
11-26-2009, 10:25 PM
I didn't think of Hillis once tonight. Moreno looks better every game. Starting to hit the hole with authority. Starting to recognize the gaps quicker. Much more to come.

Hillis threw a sweet block to spring Bucky on that kick off return for 35 yards. Hope Royal is OK"!

Popps
11-26-2009, 11:42 PM
I have a feeling Knowshon is about ready to bust out with a breakout game in the next few weeks....120+ yards and a few TDs.

He ran with efficiency and tenacity today....there was not much hesitation in his runs.

Agree, you can see him learning out there... and getting better each week.

That said, I'm not sure he's ever going to put up A.P. numbers. I think he's going to be a top 10, chain-moving back for us that allows us to sustain drives and play our style of football. Sure, I'd take more long runs, but I absolutely love the 4-9 yard pops he seems to deliver. They're just perfect for what we're trying to accomplish, and helps take pressure off of Orton.

ZONA
11-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Moreno had one run where if not for a shoe string tackle, he was gonna take it to the house. I was hoping he really would have made that play, but he still had a decent game.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 01:09 AM
Agree, you can see him learning out there... and getting better each week.

That said, I'm not sure he's ever going to put up A.P. numbers. I think he's going to be a top 10, chain-moving back for us that allows us to sustain drives and play our style of football. Sure, I'd take more long runs, but I absolutely love the 4-9 yard pops he seems to deliver. They're just perfect for what we're trying to accomplish, and helps take pressure off of Orton.

I agree with that....he is probably not going to be a 1600 yard a year back.

I could see him being a 1200 yard and 10-12 TD a year back who adds in 30-35 catches for 400 yards and moves the chains.

Taco John
11-27-2009, 01:40 AM
I love the kid. He's learning, and our line is still forming... but we're getting glimpses of what the team can do with him.

Ripping off those 7 yard runs is just invaluable to our offense.

He's on his way to a very productive rookie season, despite being the object of some undue criticism around here.

None of the criticism of Moreno has been undue. He's earned it, especially when you consider that one more fumble put him at a tie with Tatum Bell's career high.

It looks like he had a good game tonight (I followed it when I could on my Palm Pre in lines at Disneyland - how great that I could watch a football game while standing in lines). Still looking forward to him breaking off his first hundy, but the consistency he's showing in the stats the last two games is promising. Good for him for having a solid game this week. We needed it.

Taco John
11-27-2009, 01:43 AM
It's exciting to read the great things being said in this thread. Can't wait to get home to my TIVO.

Bronco Yoda
11-27-2009, 02:35 AM
Moreno showed some sweet moves tonight. Not a bad game. He's improving.

bpc
11-27-2009, 04:33 AM
He definitely improved tonight vs. what he has been. This was more of the back that we saw at UGA.

The Moops
11-27-2009, 09:08 AM
He played well, no question. But I am still looking for the big game. The Clinton Portis-type rookie game with 100-plus yards rushing, 3 TDs . . . Eye-popping moves . . .

Hercules Rockefeller
11-27-2009, 09:15 AM
True....seemed like he had about 120 yards in the game.

He lost about 35 yds from holding penalties

Cito Pelon
11-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Moreno reminds me a little bit of Curt Warner. A big deal I think is what several people have mentioned - if Denver didn't draft him San Diego would have. Lyndon Johnson said it well, "It's better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than to have him outside the tent pissing in."

baja
11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Moreno reminds me a little bit of Curt Warner. A big deal I think is what several people have mentioned - if Denver didn't draft him San Diego would have. Lyndon Johnson said it well, "It's better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than to have him outside the tent pissing in."

How do you know SD would have drafted him?

_Oro_
11-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I think he runs like a young LT without the douche. SD def. would have drafted him. I'm so glad we have him. The spin move run for first down was amazing.

TonyR
11-28-2009, 10:22 AM
I think he runs like a young LT...

Not as explosive but an interesting comparison.

TonyR
11-28-2009, 10:24 AM
It looks like he had a good game tonight...

Check out the highlights. Kno-Mo featured quite a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cih3fUMTqp0&feature=player_embedded

Cito Pelon
11-28-2009, 11:57 AM
How do you know SD would have drafted him?

Gut feeling. There were a lot of rumors around also. Plus he would have been the heir apparent to LTII. I think SD wanted Moreno real bad.

GreatBronco16
11-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Wow, I'm just glad to see my thread get bumped.

Also, Knowshon was pretty good Thursday. Can't believe he dropped an easy pass though.