PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back to Reality

Popps
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey, I got caught up in the emotion, too. The notion of sealing up the division around mid-season sounded great.

But, c'mon... you knew this wouldn't go down without drama, right?

Remember preseason, when most people overreacted to the events, only to be proven wrong?

Then, remember 6-0, when most people overreacted to the start... and were talking about bye weeks and home field advantage?

Well, reality has returned. We should have won today. Orton stays in the game, and we win... easy. (imo) But, even so... we showed some flaws today and we'll continue to show flaws all season.

We didn't bring our best game today, and we lost. (And caught a bad break.)
We're better than Washington, but that's not good enough. The NFL is too even in talent to turn the ball over a couple of times and win games.

Going into the season, I think most of us would have been happy with a .500 team that played hard and improved as the season went on. Well, we're playing hard... and there's a lot of season left.

This is a work in progress, folks. You can't repair a flawed organizational structure in one offseason. We've made huge strides, but people are going to have to learn to be patient.

We need more talent. We have holes to fill and tough decisions to make this offseason. But, we've still got a half-season left, and the way we finish will determine a lot going forward.

I'm deflated after this loss, but you have to put it in perspective and not overreact. (In a big picture sense.)

The offense moved the ball well in the first half. Moreno had 100 yards rushing. (97) The defense made some big plays. (4th down stop.) We did some things well. We're just missing some pieces and we caught some bad breaks.

I'm proud of this team, even with the flaws. We've had chances to win these last two games. We're not quitting or getting blown out. We just have flaws and we're a "new" team.

Props to the staff and players for putting a competitive product on the field, and I look forward to seeing how we finish. I expect that we won't see this team lay down.

Stay tuned...

Garcia Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
We can still get it done. We just need to beat our division. We're still in position to do that.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Popps..Forget about wins and loses for a second..

There are tons of Positives i see in the first half of the season every year.

After that..the team(offense,defense and coaching) folds in the 2nd half of the season.

By the end of the year..we are back to square one..

No positives whatsoever.

I thought Mcd is different from Shanny and i am wrong.

The Joker
11-15-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm seriously pissed about today, but we're not done yet. I still feel we have a good enough team to give any team in the league a decent run for their money.

We had some close ones go our way early in the year, now they're going against us. We really, really need a win though, and soon. As in next Sunday soon.

Season rests on next week.

If Orton plays, we can beat San Diego.

Popps
11-15-2009, 04:17 PM
We can still get it done. We just need to beat our division. We're still in position to do that.

A rough patch was to be expected.

We hit one against two very good teams, and then caught a bad break against a team that came ready to play today.

It's almost more brutal losing such close games, but you have to turn it around and realize... these last two games were winnable. Teams have to learn how to win these games. I absolutely expect that we will.

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Seems like Shanahan on steroids ... start fast, then slide.

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:24 PM

After that..the team(offense,defense and coaching) folds in the 2nd half of the season.

No positives whatsoever.

Seems like Shanahan on steroids ... start fast, then slide.

Both of you are insane.

Broncomutt
11-15-2009, 04:24 PM
If we had come out and gone 3-3 to start I wouldn't be so mystified right now. It's not that I was expecting 14-2 and now I'm disappointed we lost.

It's not the record. It's not the players.

Why are we collapsing, again!!??

Obviously something was working early in the season and now it isn't anymore. I want to know what is. I don't want to just write this year off as "Oh well, we knew we'd suck anyway right?"

Something that was working...isn't anymore.

Tired of looking being a fraud every year.

Beantown Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Why are people talking like the Broncos have already completed a second half slide when technically this is the first game of the second half of the season?

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Both of you are insane.

I hope so ... but you can't deny there is a similarity.

A potentially even more pronounced dropoff, after an even more pronounced fast start.

McDman
11-15-2009, 04:28 PM

A potentially even more pronounced dropoff, after an even more pronounced fast start.

Shanny is way more tan than McD.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I want to see some improvement in this team and i don't see anything in this team.

It seems like we are going backwards and it sucks.

We won a game month back and its long time.
I don't want to suffer another off-season thinking about missed opportunities.

Soul-Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:31 PM
6 - 3, omg we are so horrible its like why even live any more

some people need to get some of eddie royals smelling salt and get a grip

Mcd has had one offseason to try and make something work outta the crap shanny left over.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 04:32 PM

Mcd has had one offseason to try and make something work outta the crap shanny left over.

As i said, I want to see improvement in the team and this team is going backwards after every game.

24champ
11-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Reality is, we're getting blown out in the second half lately. In every statistical category. Time of play, rushing yds, points. We are getting beat and beat big time. This is not my definition of competitive football. This team needs to be competitive for 60 minutes, not 30.

Hopefully this gets corrected by next week vs the Chargers.

Soul-Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:36 PM
As i said, I want to see improvement in the team and this team is going backwards after every game.

So the starting QB goes down in the 2nd and you expect the team to improve? take 99% of the starting QB's out of the game and that team will lose PERIOD.

yea its McD's fault that simms throws a pick into double coverage when we were running the ball effectively, its McD's fault that the refs blew 3 HUGE calls to

tnedator
11-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Reality is, we're getting blown out in the second half lately. In every statistical category. Time of play, rushing yds, points. We are getting beat and beat big time. This is not my definition of competitive football. This team needs to be competitive for 60 minutes, not 30.

Hopefully this gets corrected by next week vs the Chargers.

Denver averaging less than 10 minutes TOP in 2nd half of last three games --- DEN-8:51/WAS-21:09, PIT-22:19/Den-7:41, DEN-12:27/BAL-17:33

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 04:40 PM
So the starting QB goes down in the 2nd and you expect the team to improve? take 99% of the starting QB's out of the game and that team will lose PERIOD.

yea its McD's fault that simms throws a pick into double coverage when we were running the ball effectively, its McD's fault that the refs blew 3 HUGE calls to

I am not talking about this game..I am talking about all the 3 games that we lost.

it is bad decision to play simms instead of Tom.

Also, i am not sure why Berger is still in the team

broncos-rock
11-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Okay Mr. Dierdorf.......
We lost a game we should of won and won a game we should of lost in Cincinati. Way it works. I'll wait for the end of the season before I make a generalizing statement about this team. I want to see how they respond to adversity!

NFLBRONCO
11-15-2009, 04:41 PM
We have done this for a decade but, expect new regime to fix everything in 1 yr. Denver needs big time talent added to key areas. Our O is decent but, far from explosive our problems aren't only Orton our skill players need more upgrading.

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:44 PM

No, there's not.

Popps
11-15-2009, 04:51 PM
We have done this for a decade but, expect new regime to fix everything in 1 yr. Denver needs big time talent added to key areas. Our O is decent but, far from explosive our problems aren't only Orton our skill players need more upgrading.

In recent past, we've tried to hide a lack of talent with smoke and mirrors. Now, I suspect we're going to work until that talent is firmly in place. What you get in the meanwhile, is a team like the 09 Broncos. A quality team that plays hard, but one that might be a few players away from being a real competitor.

Still, I'm proud of the product out there and I feel like we can win any game... including next week, provided Orton returns.

Dagmar
11-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Buff is embarrassing himself again.

Hulamau

No positives whatsoever.

Baloney, this is night and day different! But it doesn't mean Josh has a finished product yet. He is changing the entire culture and attitude on this team as well as personnel.

He and Nolan got more out of a lot of these guys in the first half of the year than they've likely ever produced. Some are playing way above their skill level and at some point that reality was going to set in.

Other team have a chance to figure out the weaknesses we all knew were there but Mcd and company have done a masterful job of getting the most out of what he had and combining a lot of enthusiasm with heart to lift this team to a 6-0 record .

That bye week when everyone left Dove Valley doing High Fives, it let a little air out of the balloon. A lot of these guys don't yet know how to really win long term. They got a little heady too with all the accolades and props in the press, from fans and from friends and family no doubt during their trip home.

Now they have to learn what it means to be a real warrior and overcome adversity and play for 60 minutes.

Some parts are coming together . The Oline looked better this week even against a stout front seven , Moreno look substantially better. We started opening up the passing game.

And right now everyone of us would be taking about 7-2 and bring on the Chargers if Kyle had not gotten hurt.

We lost the one player we could not afford to lose and still beat a team with a top ten defense. Take away their trick play and we were up 17-7 at half 17-10 at worst and no way Kyle throws that terrible INT in the end zone when we were driving fine into FG range at least early in the third.

We've had some tough breaks . We also have some weaknesses on both sides of the ball ... we arent likely to win and Super bowls this year and I hope we can make the playoffs... we'll see but I mainly want to see us rebound from this slide and start to play better. Get Kyle back and I think we can and will.

I would sign Kyle to a long term deal before end of the year too, if for no other reason than to lock him up as a excellent backup even if we wind up going with another QB long term. Tonight we saw what happens when your backup SUCKs big time.

Dagmar
People are actually putting him on ignore, wow.

baja
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM

What I want to know is where are your 200 meg pics?

Gort
11-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Take away their trick play and we were up 17-7 at half 17-10 at worst and no way Kyle throws that terrible INT in the end zone when we were driving fine into FG range at least early in the third.

this kind of argument bothers me. give our opponents a chance to take 1 play away from us in every game so far this year and you know what the Broncos record is?... it's 2-7. that's how razor thin the margin of error has been nearly every week. after 10 weeks of football, i want a Broncos team that is getting better each week. this one is not. that's what i didn't like about Shanny's team. i want to believe that McD has an answer for this problem. i am waiting to see it. right now, this team looks worse than it did after week 1.

bpc
11-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Better hope SD can choke against PHilly as hard as we just did against Washington.

Popps
11-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Better hope SD can choke against PHilly as hard as we just did against Washington.

I'm not sure I'd call our game a choke. We played without our starting QB for the 2nd half. We had a lead when he went down.

Our D wore down because Simms couldn't complete a ****ing forward pass in the HALF.

Washington played pretty well, we caught a bad break.... but choke? Not exactly the definition.

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
reality is a qb that can keep the game going.

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure I'd call our game a choke.

I sure as **** wouldn't, but we still have some Cutler widows here who are bound and determined to make this season as miserable as possible.

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey, I got caught up in the emotion, too. The notion of sealing up the division around mid-season sounded great.

Remember preseason, when most people overreacted to the events, only to be proven wrong?

Then, remember 6-0, when most people overreacted to the start... and were talking about bye weeks and home field advantage?

Well, reality has returned. We should have won today. Orton stays in the game, and we win... easy. (imo) But, even so... we showed some flaws today and we'll continue to show flaws all season.

We're better than Washington, but that's not good enough. The NFL is too even in talent to turn the ball over a couple of times and win games.

Going into the season, I think most of us would have been happy with a .500 team that played hard and improved as the season went on. Well, we're playing hard... and there's a lot of season left.

This is a work in progress, folks. You can't repair a flawed organizational structure in one offseason. We've made huge strides, but people are going to have to learn to be patient.

We need more talent. We have holes to fill and tough decisions to make this offseason. But, we've still got a half-season left, and the way we finish will determine a lot going forward.

I'm deflated after this loss, but you have to put it in perspective and not overreact. (In a big picture sense.)

The offense moved the ball well in the first half. Moreno had 100 yards rushing. (97) The defense made some big plays. (4th down stop.) We did some things well. We're just missing some pieces and we caught some bad breaks.

I'm proud of this team, even with the flaws. We've had chances to win these last two games. We're not quitting or getting blown out. We just have flaws and we're a "new" team.

Props to the staff and players for putting a competitive product on the field, and I look forward to seeing how we finish. I expect that we won't see this team lay down.

Stay tuned...

You're as much of a FRAUD as our team is....good teams GET BETTER as the season wears on--we are REGRESSING--our offense is fairly consistent--consistently UNDER PERFORMING as compared to to last years team and our defense is simply getting WORN out in the 2nd half of games due to a lack of offensive half time adjustments. Those first 6 games--we were not making plays on defense--teams were MISSING plays against us (brady to welker and moss)--we have not generated that many turnovers and have but one defensive TD all season--the top defenses are dynamic and are able to turn the ball over with regularity and sometimes score...

WE WILL LOSE TO SAN DIEGO NEXT WEEK BY DOUBLE DIGITS--even if Orton plays. We are REGRESSING NOT GETTING BETTER. A fact that is apparently lost on you.

Last year our best unit was our YOUNG OFFENSE. This year--our best unit is our OVER 30 DEFENSE (Dawk, Champ, Goodman.....)--and we are going to wind up exactly where we were last year EIGHT AND MOTHER PHUCKING 8.

oubronco
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
this kind of argument bothers me. give our opponents a chance to take 1 play away from us in every game so far this year and you know what the Broncos record is?... it's 2-7. that's how razor thin the margin of error has been nearly every week. after 10 weeks of football, i want a Broncos team that is getting better each week. this one is not. that's what i didn't like about Shanny's team. i want to believe that McD has an answer for this problem. i am waiting to see it. right now, this team looks worse than it did after week 1.

Yep looks aren't deciving

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 05:16 PM
I sure as **** wouldn't, but we still have some Cutler widows here who are bound and determined to make this season as miserable as possible.

Up 14-7--and we choked the game away...yielding a SEASON HIGH TO WASHINGTON in allowing 27 points. we were 6-2 they were 2-6. WE LOST...by 10 points..not on a last second FG as time expired--we lost by 10 points...to a 2-6, cellar dweller in the NFC east. WE CHOKED.

Broncotilldeath
11-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah it was a nice ride when we were 6-0 came down real quick here in the last few weeks.

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Up 14-7--and we choked the game away...yielding a SEASON HIGH TO WASHINGTON in allowing 27 points. we were 6-2 they were 2-6. WE LOST...by 10 points..not on a last second FG as time expired--we lost by 10 points...to a 2-6, cellar dweller in the NFC east. WE CHOKED.

You should just stop talking about anything football related.

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM

So much for that..

TonyR
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
...good teams GET BETTER as the season wears on--we are REGRESSING--our offense is fairly consistent--consistently UNDER PERFORMING as compared to to last years team and our defense is simply getting WORN out in the 2nd half of games due to a lack of offensive half time adjustments. Those first 6 games--we were not making plays on defense--teams were MISSING plays against us (brady to welker and moss)--we have not generated that many turnovers and have but one defensive TD all season--the top defenses are dynamic and are able to turn the ball over with regularity and sometimes score...

WE WILL LOSE TO SAN DIEGO NEXT WEEK BY DOUBLE DIGITS--even if Orton plays. We are REGRESSING NOT GETTING BETTER. A fact that is apparently lost on you.

Last year our best unit was our YOUNG OFFENSE. This year--our best unit is our OVER 30 DEFENSE (Dawk, Champ, Goodman.....)--and we are going to wind up exactly where we were last year EIGHT AND MOTHER pink puppy belliING 8.

Sadly, and I feel dirty admitting it, I agree with a lot of this. That's how upsetting and disappointing this loss was to me. And the fact that we did this coming off consecutive bad losses makes it even worse and more concerning. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow feeling a little bit more optimistic about things, but I doubt it. We can blame Simms all we want, and he was a large part of the problem today, but this team has issues.

I got way too optimistic after the 6-0 start. Reality sucks.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 05:32 PM
for the past few years..the way we are choking..I want to see how the team responds when we lose a game.

When someone says to me about our 6-0 record..I always tell them that there are ton of games left.

I support this team.somehow, i am not confident because of past failures.

To be honest, I expected that this team will win against Redskins..

I am really depressed now.

eddie mac
11-15-2009, 05:32 PM

Where were you for the first 6 games of the season BPC???

Over at the Bears forums keeping a good eye on MR INTERCEPTION???

NFLBRONCO
11-15-2009, 05:34 PM
In recent past, we've tried to hide a lack of talent with smoke and mirrors. Now, I suspect we're going to work until that talent is firmly in place. What you get in the meanwhile, is a team like the 09 Broncos. A quality team that plays hard, but one that might be a few players away from being a real competitor.

Still, I'm proud of the product out there and I feel like we can win any game... including next week, provided Orton returns.

I am too I'm just saying a huge talent upgrade is needed and its been needed longer then most fans wanted here wanted to admit. I like this team alot just knew we need a few years to change it to be legit contender on the field not just on paper.

bpc
11-15-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure I'd call our game a choke. We played without our starting QB for the 2nd half. We had a lead when he went down.

Our D wore down because Simms couldn't complete a ****ing forward pass in the HALF.

Washington played pretty well, we caught a bad break.... but choke? Not exactly the definition.

So? What is Washington? Who was Washington playing without? Their two best offensive playmakers, all their best offensive linemen were injured. They are in last place of the NFC East, and one of the worst offensive teams in the league, let alone NFC. They lost to KC and Detroit, almost losing to Tampa and St. Louis. They are led by a lame duck head coach and their stadium was half full.

Who are we? AFC West leading, 6-2 Denver Broncos with a host of playmakers on both sides of the ball. Orton isn't within our 10 best players on our roster and you think we can't win without him?

Call this whatever you want, this was a MONUMENTAL CHOKE JOB by all parties associated with team. We were out-coached, out-played, and we lost. Straight up. A victory next week negates this loss (sort of) but as for this week, we're the laughing stock of the NFL right now, as we should be. This loss was embarrassing. Washington had no business being on the field with us and they further exposed how weak our QB situation is. As for that, we have a black hole in the backfield. Orton is injured and less than impressive in his 9 starts this year. Simms is garbage. Brandstater is, what he is and the last three terrible defeats have shown a lot of cracks in our foundation.

Biggest problem moving forward is that we don't have a solution under center and that is a problem we'll probably leave the season with too.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 05:42 PM
I am right now so disappointed..I stopped watching TV..its really deppressing

SoCalBronco
We really need to come to play next week. I don't care for Orton, but he's still alot better than Simms, so we definitely need him to play. Getting Ryan Harris back would be a nice shot in the arm for our recently besieged OL. I'm encouraged by what I saw from Moreno, today. He's making good progress as a rookie.

Hopefully we can stop the bleeding next week and get some things corrected.

broncofan7
You should just stop talking about anything football related.

you should stop talking about being a 'cop'...........how's that mall security job going? If you fail to see how flawed our offense is and HAS BEEN..well so be it--here's a hint

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

oubronco
11-15-2009, 05:44 PM
I really believe that ALOT of posters overestimated this team there have been issues that poeple were ignoring becuase they were winning and now we aren't because those areas are being exploited

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 05:45 PM
you should stop talking about being a 'cop'...........how's that mall security job going? If you fail to see how flawed our offense is and HAS BEEN..well so be it--here's a hint

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

You really should quit talking shyt from the other end of a computer. :thumbsup:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2009, 05:46 PM

Huh. And here I thought there were still games left to play this season.

/rolleyes

THE SKY! IT'S FALLING!

bpc
11-15-2009, 05:47 PM
I really believe that ALOT of posters overestimated this team there have been issues that poeple were ignoring becuase they were winning and now we aren't because those areas are being exploited

The upsetting part to me is the defense. I knew the offense sucked outside of WR and OT. Now the lack of offense and special teams is starting to reflect light on that area. We're looking soft in the middle of this defense and the run defense is starting to look real bad.

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 05:48 PM
So? What is Washington? Who was Washington playing without? Their two best offensive playmakers, all their best offensive linemen were injured. They are in last place of the NFC East, and one of the worst offensive teams in the league, let alone NFC. They lost to KC and Detroit, almost losing to Tampa and St. Louis. They are led by a lame duck head coach and their stadium was half full.

Who are we? AFC West leading, 6-2 Denver Broncos with a host of playmakers on both sides of the ball. Orton isn't within our 10 best players on our roster and you think we can't win without him?

Call this whatever you want, this was a MONUMENTAL CHOKE JOB by all parties associated with team. We were out-coached, out-played, and we lost. Straight up. A victory next week negates this loss (sort of) but as for this week, we're the laughing stock of the NFL right now, as we should be. This loss was embarrassing. Washington had no business being on the field with us and they further exposed how weak our QB situation is. As for that, we have a black hole in the backfield. Orton is injured and less than impressive in his 9 starts this year. Simms is garbage. Brandstater is, what he is and the last three terrible defeats have shown a lot of cracks in our foundation.

Biggest problem moving forward is that we don't have a solution under center and that is a problem we'll probably leave the season with too.

It's amazing how you went from being one of the better posters on this forum to one of the absolute worst.

It's sad. It really is.

That's the best you've got? I've seen third graders run better smack than you.

SoCalBronco

Hey dumbass.....Florida has had to put his family on his back after his Dad died....basically being a second father to his little brother and working his ass off to help his Mom pay the bills. I'd STFU if I were you. He's going to be a fine cop, pretty soon.

Florida_Bronco
You really should quit talking shyt from the other end of a computer. :thumbsup:

I really should have left him on the ignore list, where he belongs.

bpc
11-15-2009, 05:53 PM
It's amazing how you went from being one of the better posters on this forum to one of the absolute worst.

It's sad. It really is.

That's the best you've got? I've seen third graders run better smack than you.

I don't take offense to your comment just because our views sit at opposite sides of the spectrum.

It's called being a fan. Agree when your happy, disagree when your unhappy.

Denver has lots of holes. #1 starts under center. Until we answer that, here we are.

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey dumbass.....Florida has had to put his family on his back after his Dad died....basically being a second father to his little brother and working his ass off to help his Mom pay the bills. I'd STFU if I were you. He's going to be a fine cop, pretty soon.

Thanks bro, I appreciate the support, but it's not needed. I don't let morons like him get to me. It's not my fault that the Sheriff's Office in my county had to lay off over 100 people due to budget cuts, which honestly has more to do with the situation that my dad's death. I'm a young guy though. I just turned 23 over the summer, so it's not like I'm lagging behind or anything.

But again, thanks for the backup. :thumbsup:

broncogary
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM

All right. We lose a few games and here comes the team. LOL

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't take offense to your comment just because our views sit at opposite sides of the spectrum.

It's called being a fan. Agree when your happy, disagree when your unhappy.

Denver has lots of holes. #1 starts under center. Until we answer that, here we are.

I'm not offended by you either. I think you're a great guy and used to be an excellent poster. It just seems you've gone completely off the deep end since Cutler was booted out of town.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Orton was the last thing wrong with today's team. He was on pace for a probable career day until he got his ankle rolled up and finally hit those deep balls we've been calling for.

elsid13
11-15-2009, 06:05 PM
The first part of NFL seasons, teams win by having superior game plans and scheme. The second half of the season, teams win that have superior talent. Right now we need to come to the realization that there isn't much talent in some key units on this team. In particular the defense line isn't doing it job and keeping the linebackers clean. Add in the fact, that coaching staff refuses to get all our offense play makers (Royal, Scheff, Stocky, Graham, Hillis) involved this could get very frustrating real quick.

Broncotilldeath
11-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks bro, I appreciate the support, but it's not needed. I don't let morons like him get to me. It's not my fault that the Sheriff's Office in my county had to lay off over 100 people due to budget cuts, which honestly has more to do with the situation that my dad's death. I'm a young guy though. I just turned 23 over the summer, so it's not like I'm lagging behind or anything.

What kind of written test do you to have take to be a cop?

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 06:07 PM

Noble of you to defend your Boyfriends honor--too bad you'll have to fight socal for his hand in marriage....

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Noble of you to defend your Boyfriends honor--too bad you'll have to fight socal for his hand in marriage....

Well i feel it my duty to point out a pussy talking shyt from behind a computer not matter my sexual orientation but truthfully does it really matter since you're a pussy ;)

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 06:15 PM

:rofl: you have much to learn DOLT...You get paid for being the Police academy DUMBASS!--and probably more than the burger flipping joint job that you undoubtedly are employed by

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Well i feel it my duty to point out a p***Y talking shyt from behind a computer not matter my sexual orientation but truthfully does it really matter since you're a p***Y ;)

I pound the hell outta some Vagina. If you want a lesson on how to get a second date and have women calling for 2nds and thirds(even if you really didn't want one) email me....broncofan7@yahoo.com. Now back to fondling Florida' balls for you..........

elsid13
11-15-2009, 06:18 PM

Dude stop acting like a dick. There is no call on from either side where you stand on Orton/Cutler debate to attack posters because they disagree with you.

Archer81
11-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I pound the hell outta some Vagina. If you want a lesson on how to get a second date and have women calling for 2nds and thirds(even if you really didn't want one) email me....broncofan7@yahoo.com. Now back to fondling Florida' balls for you..........

A roll of ground beef in some saran wrap is not a vagina, no matter what your mother tells you.

:Broncos:

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 06:21 PM

yawn........ you're still a pussy that much hasent changed since your last gay post.

azbroncfan
11-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I am so freaking tired of people calling road games gimme games in NFL. Good teams at best hope for 12-4 by winning all home games and half road games. 12-4 usually gets you home field. They only hope to win 50 percent of road games a year. Not to mention travel and early games. This game there was no excuse for the early game on east coast with the hot start to it. Bottomline is Denver was getting the breaks early in the year and the constant change of gameplans took teams 6 games instead of the normal 4 to figure Denver out.

Boobs McGee
11-15-2009, 06:31 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2130/2510816199_92eec2b366.jpg

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 06:32 PM

DUMBASS you GET PAID while training in a police academy..and probably A LOT MORE THAN HIS Best buy or McDonalds job pays......strange your fondness for this windbag.....

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2130/2510816199_92eec2b366.jpg

Nintendo power was AWESOME.

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 06:35 PM
I am so freaking tired of people calling road games gimme games in NFL. Good teams at best hope for 12-4 by winning all home games and half road games. 12-4 usually gets you home field. They only hope to win 50 percent of road games a year. Not to mention travel and early games. This game there was no excuse for the early game on east coast with the hot start to it. Bottomline is Denver was getting the breaks early in the year and the constant change of gameplans took teams 6 games instead of the normal 4 to figure Denver out.

2 and P hucking 6. We allowed them to score a SEASON HIGH 27 points. we lost by 10 points to the NFC EAST LAST PLACE TEAM. we WERE the AFC west 1st place team--and we were led by the 'genius' head coaching protege of the great Bill Bellicheat.....wasn't that the story the first 6 weeks? :rofl: MIKE NOLAN is responsible for our start...didn't McD want Dom Capers initially anyway?

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Redskins are horrible team..Chiefs won against them.

Dont give excuses.

Washington might not win another game this season..They are a horrible team

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 06:43 PM
:rofl: you have much to learn DOLT...You get paid for being the Police academy DUMBASS!

DUMBASS you GET PAID while training in a police academy..and probably A LOT MORE THAN HIS Best buy or McDonalds job pays......strange your fondness for this windbag.....

Not in Florida, dumbass. There are some agencies which will sponsor you to the academy, but they are the exception.

In Florida, police academies are primarily run by community colleges or state agencies. All law enforcement officers in the state are certified as such by a governing body appointed by the governor called the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission under the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. All applicants must pass a state examination and be hired by a law enforcement agency within 4 years to be considered certified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_academy#Florida

I think YOU might want to learn what you're talking about before you call other people out, moron.

What kind of written test do you to have take to be a cop?

Depends on your state and what department you're applying to, but generally the written tests are just general writing, grammar and math skills. Pretty easy stuff.

Broncotilldeath
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Not in Florida, dumbass. There are some agencies which will sponsor you to the academy, but they are the exception.

I think YOU might want to learn what you're talking about before you call other people out, moron.

Depends on your state and what department you're applying to, but generally the written tests are just general writing, grammar and math skills. Pretty easy stuff.

OK, I hope it works out for you, sorry about your loss.

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM

This is absolutely what people should take away from this game.

It was just sad what happened.

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
OK, I hope it works out for you, sorry about your loss.

Thanks man. :thumbsup:

We'll see what happens. Right now it's just not a good time to be trying to get hired here in Florida. I've actually set my sights on a couple out of state jobs so hopefully we'll be getting an update soon.

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 06:53 PM

A student may convince a police department (typically a small department) to "sponsor" the student where the department vouches for the student, but the student pays the cost of the Academy. It is far better to be hired by a police department because 1) the department pays for your Academy, 2) you will have a job once you graduate and 3) you get paid while you're in the Academy.

Not that we couldn't tell from your posts that you are EVERYTHING BUT the exception....you are AVERAGE.And it shows. consistently. You are 23 and do not have the fortitude to get your **** together enough to sacrifice for 22 weeks and begin the CAREER that you long for. You are more SPARE than even your posts in this thread indicate..........No discipline= no long term success. You are 23--get it together.

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2009, 06:55 PM
The first part of NFL seasons, teams win by having superior game plans and scheme. The second half of the season, teams win that have superior talent. Right now we need to come to the realization that there isn't much talent in some key units on this team. In particular the defense line isn't doing it job and keeping the linebackers clean. Add in the fact, that coaching staff refuses to get all our offense play makers (Royal, Scheff, Stocky, Graham, Hillis) involved this could get very frustrating real quick.

I think your observation is a bit skewed by having Shanahan as coach of this team for so long and the last few years of collapsing in the 2nd half of seasons. All throughout Shanny's heyday, we won most games (in both the 1st and 2nd half of the season) in the 1st half and went cruise control for the 2nd half.

We never really won any of the 6 games with a good gameplan. We were able to dominate people on the defensive side of the ball, and the offense did just barely enough (sometimes not even that, hi2u Royal with 2 return TDs, miracle Stokely catch) as to not blow the game.

Only thing that is changing now is that the defense cannot stop anyone over the last 3 games, espcially in the 2nd half when our O has left them on an island in terms of time of possession.

McD up to this point just doesn't call a good game in my mind. I don't know if it's lack of confidence in Orton or something else, but he refuses to open up his playbook.

Archer81
11-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Not that we couldn't tell from your posts that you are EVERYTHING BUT the exception....you are AVERAGE.And it shows. consistently. You are 23 and do not have the fortitude to get your **** together enough to sacrifice for 22 weeks and begin the CAREER that you long for. You are more SPARE than even your posts in this thread indicate..........No discipline= no long term success. You are 23--get it together.

You cannot possibly be this dense.

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 06:57 PM
hes on a roll tonight.

Popps
11-15-2009, 06:58 PM

Oh, it's very possible. Even likely.

Broncotilldeath
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM

Oh it's true.

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 07:00 PM

It's called the road map to successfully becoming a 'POOH-LEESE OCCIFER' in Florida--it only takes a 22 week sacrifice--unfortunately for you--you'd be SOL too--cops don't take kindly to dropping the soap (repeatedly) and towel whippings in the lockeroom .....

elsid13
11-15-2009, 07:00 PM
I think your observation is a bit skewed by having Shanahan as coach of this team for so long and the last few years of collapsing in the 2nd half of seasons. All throughout Shanny's heyday, we won most games (in both the 1st and 2nd half of the season) in the 1st half and went cruise control for the 2nd half.

We never really won any of the 6 games with a good gameplan. We were able to dominate people on the defensive side of the ball, and the offense did just barely enough (sometimes not even that, hi2u Royal with 2 return TDs, miracle Stokely catch) as to not blow the game.

Only thing that is changing now is that the defense cannot stop anyone over the last 3 games, espcially in the 2nd half when our O has left them on an island in terms of time of possession.

McD up to this point just doesn't call a good game in my mind. I don't know if it's lack of confidence in Orton or something else, but he refuses to open up his playbook.

Not really, remember that other teams didn't really know how Denver was going to attack or defend them due to the lack of film. Now, teams kinda know what to expect from this team and come down to talent, which isn't there.

Popps
11-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Not really, remember that other teams didn't really know how Denver was going to attack or defend them due to the lack of film. Now, teams kinda know what to expect from this team and come down to talent, which isn't there.

I agree with that, to a point... but again, we were winning this game when our starter went down. It's not as if we were outplayed to that point.

In fact, McDaniels clearly found weaknesses in their secondary and exploited them for huge gains. So, our staff can exploit other teams, as well.

You're correct, we need more talent. We knew that. But, I think there's a level of development that can still occur where this team can improve from now until the end of the season. There are a lot of young players out there.

400HZ
11-15-2009, 07:02 PM
McDaniels had your team exceptionally prepared going into this season, despite the new schemes and personnel turnover. It seems like his rough, physical-style camp also had your guys in mid-season form physically for the season opener. He should get a ton of credit for that.

Unfortunately, you're just reaching the point of the season where other teams are catching up, both physically and mentally. That advantage that McDaniels had developed is being negated. The heavier physical toll from early on might even be having a negative effect at this point since other teams are fresher. You never had superior personnel.

Losing to a crappy team like Washington sucks, but traveling east for morning games is always tough. You still match up well against the Chargers, and beating them next week puts Denver right back in the drivers seat.

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 07:04 PM
It's called the road map to successfully becoming a 'POOH-LEESE OCCIFER' in Florida--it only takes a 22 week sacrifice--unfortunately for you--you'd be SOL too--cops don't take kindly to dropping the soap (repeatedly) and towel whippings in the lockeroom .....

Conrats you have added a whole new level to the stupid graph.

Popps
11-15-2009, 07:07 PM
McDaniels had your team exceptionally prepared going into this season, despite the new schemes and personnel turnover. It seems like his rough, physical-style camp also had your guys in mid-season form physically for the season opener. He should get a ton of credit for that.

Unfortunately, you're just reaching the point of the season where other teams are catching up, both physically and mentally. That advantage that McDaniels had developed is being negated. The heavier physical toll from early on might even be having a negative effect at this point since other teams are fresher. You never had superior personnel.

Losing to a crappy team like Washington sucks, but traveling east for morning games is always tough. You still match up well against the Chargers, and beating them next week puts Denver right back in the drivers seat.

Yea, but without Orton... it's a very tall order.

Still, the talent-level in the NFL is just too close for me to panic. The Rams stayed with the Saints today, for flip's sake.

elsid13
11-15-2009, 07:12 PM
I agree with that, to a point... but again, we were winning this game when our starter went down. It's not as if we were outplayed to that point.

In fact, McDaniels clearly found weaknesses in their secondary and exploited them for huge gains. So, our staff can exploit other teams, as well.

You're correct, we need more talent. We knew that. But, I think there's a level of development that can still occur where this team can improve from now until the end of the season. There are a lot of young players out there.

It wasn't a weakness, but two very bad cases of miscommunication in the Skin's secondary. Problem was the Skins fixed that problem at half and we didn't adjust.

Popps
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
It wasn't a weakness, but two very bad cases of miscommunication in the Skin's secondary. Problem was the Skins fixed that problem at half and we didn't adjust.

The second half basically doesn't count, man. Cmon, Simms was a disaster. There's no "adjustment" for a QB that bad.

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
hes on a roll tonight.

Yeah, he must have missed that part about me possibly moving to another state. :rofl:

He's a troll. He came in here popping off at the mouth about getting paid in the academy, then I promptly schooled him on it, so now it's about my dedication. :~ohyah!:

He's trying to get a rise out of me, but it's not happening.

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 07:31 PM

Just give it up, dude ... you're out of your depth.

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 07:35 PM

That's what scares me ... that both those touchdowns were against-the-book play calls, that also required botched coverages to succeed.

Take those two scores outta the mix, and these last three weeks set new records for Broncos offensive ineptitude.

Rohirrim
11-15-2009, 07:36 PM
The second half basically doesn't count, man. Cmon, Simms was a disaster. There's no "adjustment" for a QB that bad.

Hey. He was 3 of 13 for 13 yards and one INT. You call that a "disaster."

Oh..

wait...

elsid13
11-15-2009, 07:48 PM

Actually that play for the INT in end zone was same one Denver had been using all day. Same formation, same play action and same single streak by Marshall. They should have adjusted by either running out of the formation or made TE the primary receiver on the play. Instead play calling made it easy for the Skins defense

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Yeah, he must have missed that part about me possibly moving to another state. :rofl:

He's a troll. He came in here popping off at the mouth about getting paid in the academy, then I promptly schooled him on it, so now it's about my dedication. :~ohyah!:

He's trying to get a rise out of me, but it's not happening.

exceptional candidates DO GET PAID(sponsored) by police departments when they go through the 22 week academy--to no one's suprise--you are anything but exceptional--you are barely average--your career goal takes 22 weeks--most career goals take at minimum 4 years of school.

broncofan7
11-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Just give it up, dude ... you're out of your depth.

Depth? You'd need Johnnie Cochran coming back from the dead to successfully make the argument that the exchange between your lawyer buddy and I has any depth to it at all..:rofl:

PS--It's called SMACK talk.

SoCalBronco
11-15-2009, 07:53 PM
exceptional candidates DO GET PAID(sponsored) by police departments when they go through the 22 week academy--to no one's suprise--you are anything but exceptional--you are barely average--your career goal takes 22 weeks--most career goals take at minimum 4 years of school.

Let's see...you've spent the whole thread slinging nothing but personal insults, all made with the sole purpose of being hurtful.

I strongly suggest you get a pair of flip flops, a straw hat, some hawaiian shirts and alot of suntan.

Cause you're going on vacation.

Rohirrim
11-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Let's see...you've spent the whole thread slinging nothing but personal insults, all made with the sole purpose of being hurtful.

I strongly suggest you get a pair of flip flops, a straw hat, some hawaiian shirts and alot of suntan.

:notworthy

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 07:55 PM

Does this mean .... SoCal is back to moderating duties??

YES!

Lev Vyvanse
11-15-2009, 07:57 PM
I just tried to neg rep broncofan7 and the board won't let me.:thumbs:

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 07:57 PM

Sorry dumbass, they either sponsor or they don't. I think I might know something about it. Hilarious!

http://www.atmaxplorer.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/ban_hammer.jpg

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 08:03 PM
I dare you to smack some more ... come on.

Smack more now ... or else we'll have Florida place you under arrest.

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM

so more dynamic stretching? couldn't hurt.

maybe we could find a way to wear double the amount of pads in practice so we can be extra tough on game day.

and to bf7, you gotta chill out man. i dont care for fb either and i find most of his takes out to lunch and ill informed. i think you have some good takes and it's also easy to see why you're always on the defensive here, given the homeristic nature of the makeup of the board with the mostly justifiable criticims you level at the team. but the personal attacks are just too much and don't have a place here.

Broncoman13
11-15-2009, 08:31 PM

The new Mock...I think he drinks... A LOT!

24champ
11-15-2009, 08:49 PM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/24champbailey/Orangetomseal.jpg

Florida_Bronco
11-15-2009, 08:50 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/24champbailey/Orangetomseal.jpg

:giggle::rofl:!Booya!:thumbsup::thumbs:

broncogary
11-15-2009, 09:38 PM

You're setting a new record for being a shiatty mod.

Popps
11-16-2009, 12:09 AM

Sweet. He's forum-trash. Hasn't had a decent post since he signed up.

It's funny that a thread started to sort of calm the panic and inject a little optimism would send someone into such a fit of raging insanity.

But, end-result: good.

Trash cleaned out - means more posts by quality posters and less troll-nonsense.

azbroncfan
11-16-2009, 12:16 AM
then I promptly schooled him on it, so now it's about my dedication. :~ohyah!:

Now I agree with you on the original issue Florida but that is a classic self proclaimed response by you.

Hulamau
11-16-2009, 12:38 AM

The point is, we outplayed them handily in the first half when we had a living specimen at QB. You would be happy as a clam right now and talking about what a nice way to bounce back from two tough losses on the road against a tough defense if Orton hadn't gotten injured.

The truth is, we are simply not a deep enough team to sustain front line injures to key players ... much less our most important player ... and still win, not this year. Josh and Mike had already pulled a magic trick with our starting 22, beyond that its a big drop off .. especially at QB.

Popps
11-16-2009, 12:42 AM
The point is, we outplayed them handily in the first half when we had a living specimen at QB. You would be happy as a clam right now and talking about what a nice way to bounce back from two tough losses on the road against a tough defense if Orton hadn't gotten injured.

The truth is, we are simply not a deep enough team to sustain front line injures to key players ... much less our most important player ... and still win, not this year. Josh and Mike had already pulled a magic trick with our starting 22, beyond that its a big drop off .. especially at QB.

Excellent way to summarize our team, Hul.

Take away McBean, and we suffer a little. Take away Orton, and it's all over.

We've just finally gotten a nice starting roster, and depth will come next. (And a few more starters.)

Think about a guy like Ayers. He won't peak for another two years. (See Mario Williams.)

We've got a lot of youth that needs time to develop, and as you said... we don't have studs to step in every time someone goes down.

Basically, we're a low margin-for-error (or injury) team. We come out and play healthy and correctly, and I think we can beat anyone. But, miss a few guys... or turn the ball over, and we don't have the horses (no pun intended) to keep up with the better teams, or even bad teams in the case of missing Orton.

Hulamau
11-16-2009, 12:59 AM

Oh, it's very possible. Even likely.

Oh it's true.

'Dense' is being much too generous!

Hulamau
11-16-2009, 01:18 AM

We've just finally gotten a nice starting roster, and depth will come next. (And a few more starters.)

Think about a guy like Ayers. He won't peak for another two years. (See Mario Williams.)

We've got a lot of youth that needs time to develop, and as you said... we don't have studs to step in every time someone goes down.

Basically, we're a low margin-for-error (or injury) team. We come out and play healthy and correctly, and I think we can beat anyone. But, miss a few guys... or turn the ball over, and we don't have the horses (no pun intended) to keep up with the better teams, or even bad teams in the case of missing Orton.

Yep Popps that's about the size of it... We would have won easily yesterday the way Orton and the whole team was playing if Kyle had remained erect and functional. Not counting Berger (too bad Kern signed with Tennessee) and the other special teams fiasco's we are still prone too.

But we've come a long way toward the larger goal of rebuilding this team from the inside out. Next year its patching some holes on both lines and building more quality .. championship ... depth.

Like you said, when all our starters are healthy and focused we can play with anyone and often win ... just not enough room for injuries and that isn't too surprising with all the changes we have made and the severe cap limitation they were made under.

The thing is, everyone will now write us off completely and if Orton bounces back this week, Peterson and McBean are ready to go and we can get Harris back as well, we might start a new win streak for a while by catching teams off guard again like we did early?

Part of our 6-0 streak was teams taking us for granted. Maybe we need a little more or that and play with that underdog mentality again? But first lets get back those key pieces along both lines and under center. We'll be all right then and win some more games this year, even with our limitations this season.

And I too am proud of this team and the staff. Crappy luck to have this schedule and then the terrible luck yesterday half way through a 'get well game'.

Disappointing as hell for all of us, but some of these predictable characters who make a habit out of numbskull knee jerk analysis, now completely turn again on the team ... well sadly I'm not too surprised.

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 03:01 AM

No. Take away Clady and it's all over. IMHO. Simms sucked today but Orton is mediocre at best; hence not irreplaceable. Our losses started with key injuries on the O-line (Harris). We're losing the battles in the trenches.

Broncoman13
11-16-2009, 05:42 AM

I know you are right with Ayers and most likely Alphonso and McBath as well. Knowshon is going to be a beast. He'll add a lot of strength in the off season. Anybody remember what Clinton Portis looked like his rookie year? Knowshon is already a lot thicker, I imagine he'll be walking around looking like TD within a couple years (thick I mean). Still, it is tough waiting on these guys to pan out. I realize we are doing it the "right" way by building through the draft and taking character guys that are going to put in the work, but in the world of instant gratification... I HATE gnikcuf waiting.

I also hate the idea of needing a QB in next year's draft. Perhaps we still bring in a guy like Quinn and McD coaches him up... and contrary to popular belief, he is a capable QB. Hell, if McD can turn Kyle Orton into an efficient QB with a rating near 100, he can do it with Quinn too. Anyhow, I'd just like to have the flexibility to draft guys like Berry, Mays, Mt. Cody, Suh, McCoy, Spiller, etc. BPA to the max. And I'll go on record now and say that I truly hope we pick CJ Spiller. Speed like the Titans' Chris Johnson and moves like Percy Harvin (who I really liked coming into this year's draft). I think he would have a major impact on this team and really help us on offense and STs.

Broncoman13
11-16-2009, 05:48 AM
No. Take away Clady and it's all over. IMHO. Simms sucked today but Orton is mediocre at best; hence not irreplaceable. Our losses started with key injuries on the O-line (Harris). We're losing the battles in the trenches.

I thought the OLine did pretty well. Certainly did a nice job of run blocking and I was pleasantly surprised by Hochstein's run blocking.

What will help this team immensely is some more size on the DLine. It would be awesome to get a Mt. Cody from 'Bama. I don't think we'll have the money to throw at Wilfork... not considering we're going to pay BMarsh and most likely Orton, Scheffler, and Doom as well. I just don't see Bowlen coming up with $50 or 60m in bonus money for all of these guys. Figure BMarsh will be around $15, Elvis around $15, Wilfork around $15m, Orton around $8m and Scheff around $5m. Of course Wilfork could just as likely be tagged and not make the market at all. Either way, I think some size on our DL would help us to not wear down late in games. We want to be a physical, punch you in the throat type team... gotta have muscle on the front lines to carry out that approach.

TonyR
11-16-2009, 06:52 AM
We would have won easily yesterday the way Orton and the whole team was playing if Kyle had remained erect and functional.

I'm fine with the optimism but I think this line of reasoning I've seen from many of you is a bit off. We were up 17-14 at the half with our two TD's coming on defensive mistakes. And I don't have the stats to back it up but I think the Skins ran the ball fairly effectively in the first half. It was a close game. So while I agree there's a good chance we win with Orton there was no easy win to be had here.

errand
11-16-2009, 07:22 AM

There's no similarity at all....

See when you lose in the first part of the season, you got off to a slow start...

When you lose in the middle of the season you're in a slump...

and when you lose at the end of the season, you've choked....

We're in a slump right now, but this team has shown it can beat some quality opponents, and we still have 4-5 winnable games left.

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm fine with the optimism but I think this line of reasoning I've seen from many of you is a bit off. We were up 17-14 at the half with our two TD's coming on defensive mistakes.

Technically, 99% of TDs come off defensive mistakes.

And to try to "discredit" our TDs, but not make mention of their absolute freak TD, isn't exactly fair.

TonyR
11-16-2009, 08:11 AM
And to try to "discredit" our TDs, but not make mention of their absolute freak TD, isn't exactly fair.

Come on, you have to keep it real here. We scored on two plays with completely wide open WR's. You can't deny that. My point wasn't to "discredit" the TD's, you take what you're given and they did. But by disagreeing with what I'm saying you're apparently agreeing with this silly sentiment that we would have won "easily" with Orton in the 2nd half. There is no evidence to support this. It was a close game at the half. Do yourself a favor and reel in your expectations. I was giddy after 6-0 myself but this game made very clear that we have big issues and will very likely miss the playoffs again this year without a major course correction.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 08:13 AM
A roll of ground beef in some saran wrap is not a vagina, no matter what your mother tells you.

:spit: thats some funny shyt ROFL! :notworthy

gyldenlove
11-16-2009, 08:14 AM

Orton is irreplacable since we don't have anyone who can replace him.

Orton is not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but to us he is irreplacable since the alternative is called Simms and clearly incapable of anything that has to do with quarterbacking other than carrying a clipboard.

Lev Vyvanse
11-16-2009, 08:28 AM

Simms is a left handed QB so the blind side is protected by Polumbus if Orton and Harris canít go next week.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm fine with the optimism but I think this line of reasoning I've seen from many of you is a bit off. We were up 17-14 at the half with our two TD's coming on defensive mistakes. And I don't have the stats to back it up but I think the Skins ran the ball fairly effectively in the first half. It was a close game. So while I agree there's a good chance we win with Orton there was no easy win to be had here.

you are right the skins were moving the ball down our throats and everyone seems to forget that before the fake fg td the TE was running straight up the middle WIDE open and the qb missed him so it's not like they just used trick plays to beat us

Buck Melanoma
11-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Mmmm-mmmmm .... is that the server frying or the smell of burning jackass??

Nags to rags ..... Hilarious!

Here ... have a Bud Adams salute ....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTxHuUGG_2c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTxHuUGG_2c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cleo McDowell
11-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Depth? You'd need Johnnie Cochran coming back from the dead to successfully make the argument that the exchange between your lawyer buddy and I has any depth to it at all..:rofl:

What line of work might you be in? Bragging about how much vag you supposedly pound on a message board... Do you know how ridiculous you sound?
I find it funny that someone as retarded as yourself is attempting to down someone else.

Poser ass mother****er.

Get a clue you ****ing cockroach, this place is better without you and I think 99.9% of the board agrees here.

Somebody send this sh*tbag a virus or something.

Cleo McDowell
11-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Sorry dumbass, they either sponsor or they don't. I think I might know something about it. Hilarious!

http://www.atmaxplorer.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/ban_hammer.jpg

Guess i was a bit late to the party. oops.

Cheers.

Gort
11-16-2009, 09:18 AM

i think i agree with you for the most part, but i would still be bothered that the team is squeeking out victories in week 10 against 2-6 teams. 7-2 is leaps and bounds better than 6-3 with our remaining schedule, so yes i would be happy if Orton had not been hurt and had finished the day with a win. but still... the team is not getting better from week to week. ST is atrocious. even with Orton, the O has been underperforming all year. sometimes Nolan has had braincramps and done stupid stuff with the defense. all of those things would still be making me uneasy even at 7-2.

BroncoInferno
11-16-2009, 09:33 AM

Gee, we barely hear at all from Blueflame during our 6-0 start, but her schedule suddenly clears when the clouds roll in. What a shocker.

As far as Orton goes, a player is "irreplaceable" if you do not have a suitable backup option. Simms is not a suitable backup option to Orton, hence Orton is irreplaceable to this team. If he doesn't get injured, we win the game. We will likely lose any game Chris Simms starts or receives significant playing time.

TailgateNut
11-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Gee, we barely hear at all from Blueflame during our 6-0 start, but her schedule suddenly clears when the clouds roll in. What a shocker.

As far as Orton goes, a player is "irreplaceable" if you do not have a suitable backup option. Simms is not a suitable backup option to Orton, hence Orton is irreplaceable to this team. If he doesn't get injured, we win the game. We will lose any game Chris Simms starts or receives significant playing time.

That's more like it.

I had to endure watching this game with my Father in law who is a Readsking fan, and when they pulled Orton and put SOS (Son Of Simms) in, I told him the game was OVER for the Broncos.

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 09:59 AM

Yes. Sweeping the division would be important.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Yes. Sweeping the division would be important.

the Chiefs beat the Redskins just saying

TailgateNut
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM

.....and water is wet. So ****ing what. The only real disaster would be Simms at the helm for the remainder of the season.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 10:11 AM
.....and water is wet. So ****ing what. The only real disaster would be Simms at the helm for the remainder of the season.

and is a very good possibility at least for the next few the way the ankle turned it looked pretty bad

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Both of you are insane.

There is too much gloomy posts coming out. I've noticed there are many many people that over react to wins and losses early. And it's still early, barely past the halfway point. And the team is 6-3. A three game losing streak is concerning, but it's not over yet.

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 11:45 AM

As far as Orton goes, a player is "irreplaceable" if you do not have a suitable backup option. Simms is not a suitable backup option to Orton, hence Orton is irreplaceable to this team. If he doesn't get injured, we win the game. We will likely lose any game Chris Simms starts or receives significant playing time.

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and I was very busy most of the day. Yeah, I found time to make 2 posts (and one of them was a name-change announcement). My schedule really cleared up.... ::)

Clady is still more vital to this offense than Orton is... IMHO.

colonelbeef
11-16-2009, 12:47 PM

People who said that trading Cutler was stupid have been proven right. The offense has completely gone into the tank, and the only major change on offense has been the QB position. Less yards, less points, worse offense.

Cutler has been ****ting the bed in Chicago, but that is as much a result of crap coaching and receivers not willing to beat defenders to the ball as it is Cutler's unwillingness to make safer decisions with the ball.

Cutler would have benefited from McDaniels' coaching, and McDaniels would have benefited from Cutler's raw talents. This defense, with Cutler being coached up by McDaniels, is a better team.

My (our) mistake was slightly undervaluing Orton's abilities- Your mistake was jumping to conclusions after a few wins and lucky bounces, fueled by an aggressive defense.

colonelbeef
11-16-2009, 12:48 PM
This is still a 10 win, playoff bound team, barring a prolonged Orton injury. He is good enough to get you there, not good enough to win it all however

broncocalijohn
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
How boring would the drama be on this board if we didnt overreact on predictions? Season is screwed most likely if Simms is QB for the next two weeks, but we still have a great chance at 10 wins this season. I was planning to come out (and save my money) for the playoffs. I thought we had a chance of hosting a second rounder after we went 6-0. Now, we might not have any home field playoff game. Maybe I am going to SD for a playoff game vs the Broncos. All I know is that I will still stick with my team and if sticking my neck out for predictions gets me glorified or crucified, so be it. I just dont want to sound like a total a hole like many here. We have all taken some humble pie but I doubt we will learn from it since we sure didnt last year. Crazy predictions and opinions make this board fun.

Cito Pelon
11-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Eh, you win some, you lose some, you wreck some. There's still seven games left to redeem themselves. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I thought we had a chance of hosting a second rounder after we went 6-0. Now, we might not have any home field playoff game. Maybe I am going to SD for a playoff game vs the Broncos.

Unless something crazy happens, I doubt the AFC West gets 2 playoff teams. I think both wildcards will be coming out of the AFC North.

HAT
11-16-2009, 01:04 PM

No positives whatsoever.

OH NOES!!! Denver is 0-1 to start the second half of the season. All is lost.

Florida_Bronco
11-16-2009, 01:06 PM
People who said that trading Cutler was stupid have been proven right. The offense has completely gone into the tank, [B]and the only major change on offense has been the QB position. Less yards, less points, worse offense.

Yeah, the only change was Cutler, and the whole damn scheme.

broncocalijohn
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
I just tried to neg rep broncofan7 and the board won't let me.:thumbs:

dont worry. Once he comes back from his BAN, he will give us more juicy posts to neg rep him about. Just wait the 7 to 14 days that he is on "vacation". Dont worry about bf7 as he has his beatches with him in his cool sports car. I know this because he tells me on the internets.

HAT
11-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Orton is mediocre at best

Washington Redskins:
#1 pass D in the league...allowing 162 YPG and a defensive passer rating of 81.8

Kyle Orton:
193 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's and 134.7 rating in the first half alone.

Mediocre?

And before you say that the 'skins have played only **** QB's...

McNabb: 156 yards, 1 td, 0 INT's 91 rating
Ryan: 135 yards, 1 td, 1 INT, 81.1 rating
Eli: 256 yards, 1 td, 1 INT, 93.5 rating

If you project Orton's numbers out from 8.5 games to 16 it looks like this:
3,823 yards, 63%, 21 TD's, 8 INT

Mediocre?

HAT
11-16-2009, 01:33 PM
dont worry. Once he comes back from his BAN, he will give us more juicy posts to neg rep him about. Just wait the 7 to 14 days that he is on "vacation". Dont worry about bf7 as he has his beatches with him i his cool sports car. I know this because he tells me on the internets.

7-14? SoCal is getting soft. :wiggle:

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Washington Redskins:
#1 pass D in the league...allowing 162 YPG and a defensive passer rating of 81.8

Kyle Orton:
193 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's and 134.7 rating in the first half alone.

Mediocre?

And before you say that the 'skins have played only **** QB's...

McNabb: 156 yards, 1 td, 0 INT's 91 rating
Ryan: 135 yards, 1 td, 1 INT, 81.1 rating
Eli: 256 yards, 1 td, 1 INT, 93.5 rating

If you project Orton's numbers out from 8.5 games to 16 it looks like this:
3,823 yards, 63%, 21 TD's, 8 INT

Mediocre?

Orton is what he is.... a journeyman QB who can look pretty good if his offensive system succeeds at disguising (minimizing) his weaknesses.

And don't give me the Redskins game as an example of Orton's "excellence"... their defensive coverage was totally blown on those two long passes to Marshall. He was so wide open it wasn't even funny. You simply cannot allow a WR of Marshall's caliber to go that far past the safeties.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Orton is what he is.... a journeyman QB who can look pretty good if his offensive system succeeds at disguising (minimizing) his weaknesses.

And don't give me the Redskins game as an example of Orton's "excellence"... their defensive coverage was totally blown on those two long passes to Marshall. He was so wide open it wasn't even funny. You simply cannot allow a WR of Marshall's caliber to go that far past the safeties.

but they did

broncocalijohn
11-16-2009, 01:46 PM
7-14? SoCal is getting soft. :wiggle:

if we were voting it would probably a lifetime ban. Not sure how long he will be gone, but once you see a thread that is longer than it should be in a very small time, then you know there is a good chance he is back.

DBroncos4life
11-16-2009, 02:10 PM

He isn't a journeyman QB Warner has been on more teams then him, and there isn't a QB that can't be made to look foolish if he is in the wrong system. You going to sit there and tell me Montana could have won 4 SBs running a run and shoot style O? It was the PLAY CALLS and a week worth of preparing that got Marshall that open. The game plan was working till our QB got hurt. Clady for all his skills I think could be replaced for a half of a football game and we still would move the ball with Orton as the QB.

colonelbeef
11-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, the only change was Cutler, and the whole damn scheme.

Of course, but don't you think a large portion of the current scheme (and it's limitations) being the way that it is is due to the limitations of the QB?

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 02:16 PM
but they did

And it cost them. As it would with any of the league's top WRs.

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 02:20 PM
He isn't a journeyman QB Warner has been on more teams then him, and there isn't a QB that can't be made to look foolish if he is in the wrong system. You going to sit there and tell me Montana could have won 4 SBs running a run and shoot style O? It was the PLAY CALLS and a week worth of preparing that got Marshall that open. The game plan was working till our QB got hurt. Clady for all his skills I think could be replaced for a half of a football game and we still would move the ball with Orton as the QB.

No, it was two weeks' worth of games featuring no passing attempts over 25 yards that caused the Redskins' defensive coordinator to crowd the LOS (loading up to stop the run/dink-and-dunk) that got Marshall that wide open.

And our offensive production dropped the minute Harris went out due to injury. Clady is more instrumental to the O-line than Harris is. If Orton's performance drops without Harris, then it's not exactly rocket science to unequivocally state that without Clady, Orton would be running for his life.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 02:30 PM
And it cost them. As it would with any of the league's top WRs.

the fact that we took advantage of it is what makes me happy the first 8 games were too much dink and dunk and they needed to throw it downfield to open things up and it worked until Orton went out but they shouldn't have abandoned the run so much in the 4th qtr

DBroncos4life
11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
No, it was two weeks' worth of games featuring no passing attempts over 25 yards that caused the Redskins' defensive coordinator to crowd the LOS (loading up to stop the run/dink-and-dunk) that got Marshall that wide open.

And our offensive production dropped the minute Harris went out due to injury. Clady is more instrumental to the O-line than Harris is. If Orton's performance drops without Harris, then it's not exactly rocket science to unequivocally state that without Clady, Orton would be running for his life.

So you don't feel that going from 300 yards of total O and 17 points in the first half to 36 yards and no points on O isn't a significant enough to believe that maybe just maybe Orton is slightly more important to the team that you want to admit because that would make you wrong here? Production might have "dropped" when Harris went out but it "stopped" when Orton went out. I'm not sure why you feel that dropping in production is some how worst to none, zero, zilch, nada, not one iota.

Blueflame
the fact that we took advantage of it is what makes me happy the first 8 games were too much dink and dunk and they needed to throw it downfield to open things up and it worked until Orton went out but they shouldn't have abandoned the run so much in the 4th qtr

Once Simms came into the game, neither the run nor the pass was working to get a first down at all. In his defense, it's been a while since Simms played a meaningful down of football, but that showing yesterday was just abysmal.

Cito Pelon
What line of work might you be in? Bragging about how much vag you supposedly pound on a message board... Do you know how ridiculous you sound?
I find it funny that someone as retarded as yourself is attempting to down someone else.

Poser ass mother****er.

Get a clue you ****ing cockroach, this place is better without you and I think 99.9% of the board agrees here.

Somebody send this sh*tbag a virus or something.

Cockroach is a good assessment.

DBroncos4life
11-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Once Simms came into the game, neither the run nor the pass was working to get a first down at all. In his defense, it's been a while since Simms played a meaningful down of football, but that showing yesterday was just abysmal.

Yet we still could run and pass for first downs once Harris got hurt. Uhh
We might not be all world if Clady went down but I bet we could pick up a first down and complete a pass.

cutthemdown
11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Broncos won some really close games to start yr. In many of those games it could have went either way. New QB, new staff, there were bound to be roadblocks. I admit I even started to think maybe Broncos have become elite over night but alas its just not the case.

We still need more time to develop our young players and add talent to the team. We still need more power inside on the oline and dline.

Fields IMO seems to be wearing down a little and we don't have much behind him.

If Broncos do fail to make playoffs it could position them to really improve team in the offseason. Remember playoff teams get humstrung in FA next yr.

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Yet we still could run and pass for first downs once Harris got hurt. Uhh
We might not be all world if Clady went down but I bet we could pick up a first down and complete a pass.

Nonetheless, we're 0-3 since Harris went out.... that's a fact.

DBroncos4life
11-16-2009, 03:04 PM

Yeah well we averaged a impressive 1.13 yards per play in the second half without Orton. That's the difference between production dropping and then coming to a stop. If you can come up with some kind of proof that if Clady went down Orton couldn't get us more then 2 yards a play you are again very wrong here and are just trying to be difficult on this subject. Hell even without Clady our like would still be on par with what Orton played with last year and he averaged more then 2 yards a play.

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah well we averaged a impressive 1.13 yards per play in the second half without Orton. That's the difference between production dropping and then coming to a stop. If you can come up with some kind of proof that if Clady went down Orton couldn't get us more then 2 yards a play you are again very wrong here and are just trying to be difficult on this subject. Hell even without Clady our like would still be on par with what Orton played with last year and he averaged more then 2 yards a play.

O-line performance has a direct impact on QB performance. Even the Peyton Mannings of the league have less-impressive stats if their O-lines struggle. And Clady is our offensive MVP... and also the most likely player on our offense to make it to the Pro Bowl. And no. I'm not wrong on that.

DBroncos4life
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
O-line performance has a direct impact on QB performance. Even the Peyton Mannings of the league have less-impressive stats if their O-lines struggle. And Clady is our offensive MVP... and also the most likely player on our offense to make it to the Pro Bowl. And no. I'm not wrong on that.

So you could just plug any old QB in there behind the Colts O-line and expect little drop off in production on that O just as long as O-line stay healthy then and not struggling? Its weird because Orton was missing Harris and yet he still managed to yield us 300 yards of O in the same amount of time Simms could get us 36 yards. It almost seems that the more talented the QB is behind the O-line the better the team does.

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 03:39 PM
So you could just plug any old QB in there behind the Colts O-line and expect little drop off in production on that O just as long as O-line stay healthy then and not struggling? Its weird because Orton was missing Harris and yet he still managed to yield us 300 yards of O in the same amount of time Simms could get us 36 yards. It almost seems that the more talented the QB is behind the O-line the better the team does.

That is absolutely not what I said. I'll reiterate for you. QB performance is directly affected by O-line performance. If the O-line isn't having a good day, chances are that the QB won't be either. This is true whether you're talking about Kyle Orton... Peyton Manning... or JaMarcus Russell. A lot of gridiron battles are won or lost "in the trenches" and while O-line isn't the most glamorous job in football, it is one of the most important.

Simms sucked yesterday. Orton is a better option than Simms, if Orton is anywhere near healthy enough to play. However, Orton is not... IMHO... the most valuable player on our offense; Clady is.

azbroncfan
11-16-2009, 03:50 PM

Protection goes both ways. OL makes a QB better and a good QB makes an OL look better too like Peyton does.

errand
11-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Simms is a left handed QB so the blind side is protected by Polumbus if Orton and Harris canít go next week.

The way simms was throwing, it seemes like every side is his blind side....

errand
11-16-2009, 03:55 PM

...amazing isn't it? She's the female equivalent of TJ...always on the wrong side of the QB issue.

errand
11-16-2009, 03:58 PM

Oh, we know you're silently rejoicing in our current misfortune....because you think you're being vindicated.

What truly bothers me isn't your posting, it's that you're posting means you're still alive....

and what is it with these psuedofans practically all having bronco in their screen names?

errand
11-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I found time to make 2 posts (and one of them was a name-change announcement). My schedule really cleared up.... ::)

Trust me Blueflame....having dueled with you over the years...you didn't "find" time to post....you "made" time to post your typical doom and gloom.

BTW...Happy birthday to your daughter.

Bronco Yoda
11-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and I was very busy most of the day. Yeah, I found time to make 2 posts (and one of them was a name-change announcement). My schedule really cleared up.... ::)

Happy B-day to little-flame. I bet she's a handful being a Scorpio and all...:~ohyah!:

errand
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
This is still a 10 win, playoff bound team, barring a prolonged Orton injury. He is good enough to get you there, not good enough to win it all however

So then why if we're a 10 win playoff bound team was the trading of Cutler a mistake?

You said the only big change is the QB position...and if we make the plkayoffs and win 2 more games, then why wouldn't that have been a change for the better?

DBroncos4life
11-16-2009, 04:11 PM
That is absolutely not what I said. I'll reiterate for you. QB performance is directly affected by O-line performance. If the O-line isn't having a good day, chances are that the QB won't be either. This is true whether you're talking about Kyle Orton... Peyton Manning... or JaMarcus Russell. A lot of gridiron battles are won or lost "in the trenches" and while O-line isn't the most glamorous job in football, it is one of the most important.

Simms sucked yesterday. Orton is a better option than Simms, if Orton is anywhere near healthy enough to play. However, Orton is not... IMHO... the most valuable player on our offense; Clady is.

Good QBs can over come struggles, poor QBs won't. I know that QBs like Manning and Brady can adjust to teams putting pressure on them. Maybe they don't win all the time but more often then not they still are productive. They know when they need to get the ball out of their hands quicker and they understand how to make this happen. That is something Simms or Russell will never be able to figure out. You can give Russell or Simms, Anthony MuŮoz, Will Shields, Gary Zimmerman, Randall McDaniel, and Mike Webster for a O-line and they still couldn't win because they are not good at anything.

errand
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM

So what makes him a "journeyman" there Blueflame? Because he use to play for another team?

Well he's played for the same number, in fact he's played for the same exact teams as Jay Cutler has. So how is it Kyle is a journeyman QB, and Cutler is a franchise QB?

And again with the "WR was wide open" crap....so what? Is it Orton's fault the skins blew the coverage? You do realize that QB's miss wide open guys as well don'tcha?

And sometimes they never see the wide open man too. Ask any old time Colts fan if they still wish Earl Morral had seen a wide open Jimmy Orr flailing his arms and jumping up and down in SB III?

You do realize that Eddie Mac was wide open in SB XXXII when elway hit him for 36 yards...and that Rod Smith was wide open when Elway hit him for that 80 yard TD. So should we discount any passes where the WR's were wide open?

Orton threw the ball to the open man....just like he was suppose to do.

errand
11-16-2009, 04:30 PM

We're also 6-1 with JMFW on the roster...so should we try to re-acquire him?

BTW, you do realize that Ryan Harris didn't play the first half vs Redskins right? But Kyle Orton did....

lod01
11-16-2009, 05:19 PM
The clock has struck midnight on this mirage.

colonelbeef
11-16-2009, 05:22 PM
So then why if we're a 10 win playoff bound team was the trading of Cutler a mistake?

You said the only big change is the QB position...and if we make the plkayoffs and win 2 more games, then why wouldn't that have been a change for the better?

The two do not have to be mutually exclusive. The defense was improved, this has nothing to do with the QB position. In fact, the 08 Broncos led by Cutler had far more sustained drives, which in turn helps a defense, naturally.

If we make the playoffs, it's because the defense has been playing it's balls off up until this point, not because we downgraded at QB.

ZONA
11-16-2009, 05:30 PM
If we had come out and gone 3-3 to start I wouldn't be so mystified right now. It's not that I was expecting 14-2 and now I'm disappointed we lost.

It's not the record. It's not the players.

Why are we collapsing, again!!??

Obviously something was working early in the season and now it isn't anymore. I want to know what is. I don't want to just write this year off as "Oh well, we knew we'd suck anyway right?"

Something that was working...isn't anymore.

Tired of looking being a fraud every year.

The something that was working and isn't anymore is obvious. It's called major mistakes. There will always be mistakes in a game but you can't make major mistakes as often as we are now and expect to win. For example, you might have one of your offensive linemen miss a block and then the RB could not convert a 3rd down run. Yup, a mistake that cost you keeping the drive alive but not really a major mistake. A major mistake would be, over throwing a super wide open receiver who got 15 yards past their deepest defender and would have been an easy TD. Or, giving up a long TD pass on a fake FG. Or, throwing a pick six, like Orton did against the Steelers. Those are mistakes that define a game and most certainly the outcome. We were not making mistake of that magnitude the during the winning stretch. We might have made 1 here or 1 there in different games, such as giving up the TD return to Sproles but you didn't see us giving up multiple mistakes every game of that scale. If we can once again stop those big time game changing mistakes, we should start to win again.

Cito Pelon
11-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Broncos won some really close games to start yr. In many of those games it could have went either way. New QB, new staff, there were bound to be roadblocks. I admit I even started to think maybe Broncos have become elite over night but alas its just not the case.

We still need more time to develop our young players and add talent to the team. We still need more power inside on the oline and dline.

Fields IMO seems to be wearing down a little and we don't have much behind him.

If Broncos do fail to make playoffs it could position them to really improve team in the offseason. Remember playoff teams get humstrung in FA next yr.

Faith. It's hard to hold onto.

Cito Pelon
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh, we know you're silently rejoicing in our current misfortune....because you think you're being vindicated.

What truly bothers me isn't your posting, it's that you're posting means you're still alive....

and what is it with these psuedofans practically all having bronco in their screen names?

Good shot.

Florida_Bronco
11-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Now I agree with you on the original issue Florida but that is a classic self proclaimed response by you.

Point taken. To be fair though, this isn't like me and you disagreeing about what a football player might develop into. He was flat out wrong on a black and white issue.

Popps
11-16-2009, 06:38 PM
If we make the playoffs, it's because the defense has been playing it's balls off up until this point, not because we downgraded at QB.

Kyle Orton - 91 Rating - 11 TDs 4 INTs

Jay Cutler - 76 Rating - 14 TDs 14 INTs

Orton - Career Winner

Cutler - Career Loser

2009 - Cutler leads league in INTs
2008 - Cutler 2nd in the league in INTs

Yea, real downgrade. I hope we can "downgrade" at every position like this in the future.

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Protection goes both ways. OL makes a QB better and a good QB makes an OL look better too like Peyton does.

Please point out for me the time when Orton "made our O-line look better".... :)

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Trust me Blueflame....having dueled with you over the years...you didn't "find" time to post....you "made" time to post your typical doom and gloom.

BTW...Happy birthday to your daughter.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for my daughter. I have a tough time classifying "being glad Clady remains healthy" (because I do consider Clady... not Orton... to be the most valuable player on our offense and I'm certain I'm not alone in this opinion) as "doom and gloom" though. And that's what the post I "made time to post" at 2am was about.

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Happy B-day to little-flame. I bet she's a handful being a Scorpio and all...:~ohyah!:

Thanks, Yoda... with the passage of time, she's not so little anymore... she's been married for a couple of years now. She does still hold the distinction of being the only one of my kids who isn't taller than me though. :~ohyah!:

azbroncfan
11-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Please point out for me the time when Orton "made our O-line look better".... :)

Never said Orton made the OL look better. You made it sound like Indy has this great OL and it is pretty good but Manning makes them a lot better with his quick decision making. Besides Orton is smart enough to know when to take a sack. How many narrowly avoided sacks did Denver have last year that Cutler converted to INT's. How does New England start a rookie LT and go spread 5 wr's and put the rookie one on one with Mathis and Freeney?

Blueflame
11-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Never said Orton made the OL look better. You made it sound like Indy has this great OL and it is pretty good but Manning makes them a lot better with his quick decision making. Besides Orton is smart enough to know when to take a sack. How many narrowly avoided sacks did Denver have last year that Cutler converted to INT's. How does New England start a rookie LT and go spread 5 wr's and put the rookie one on one with Mathis and Freeney?

What I said was that QB performance is directly linked to O-line performance and that even an elite QB like Peyton Manning plays better when his O-line isn't struggling than he does when they are.

Rivers Delivers
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9427/ltrmanriversdelivers.jpg

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Faith. It's hard to hold onto.

Yes. There is still 7 games left to play. Many people have already thrown the towel in.

watermock
11-17-2009, 02:08 AM

Stay tuned...

What was it you picked? 5 or 6 wins, as long as we kept improving?

We're just missing some pieces? We entered the draft with 2 firsts and 2 3rds.

Moreono did show some speed last week. ADEQUATE SPEED. For a rookie. Sorry.

Hopefully Denver can get a win Sunday.

watermock
11-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Can someone please photoshop that to read "My aids deliver?"

Popps
11-17-2009, 02:27 AM
What was it you picked? 5 or 6 wins, as long as we kept improving?

We're just missing some pieces? We entered the draft with 2 firsts and 2 3rds.

Moreono did show some speed last week. ADEQUATE SPEED. For a rookie. Sorry.

Hopefully Denver can get a win Sunday.

I said I thought we'd end up about like last year, give or take a couple of games. (7 real wins last year.)

Yes, I also said there were scenarios where a low win total might not spell disaster if we were improving and building a true foundation.

So, I realize that the new fad here is to equate "picked wins" with fandom. However, most of us who were optimistic were not predicting a huge season, rather... comfortable with the logical notion that it was time to change, and that we had made a good coaching choices.

So, I got the best of both worlds... a team that is competitive NOW, while we build a real organizational structure that can support sustained winning, not smoke and mirrors.

Couldn't have worked out better.

Blueflame
11-17-2009, 03:02 AM
I said I thought we'd end up about like last year, give or take a couple of games. (7 real wins last year.)

Yes, I also said there were scenarios where a low win total might not spell disaster if we were improving and building a true foundation.

So, I realize that the new fad here is to equate "picked wins" with fandom. However, most of us who were optimistic were not predicting a huge season, rather... comfortable with the logical notion that it was time to change, and that we had made a good coaching choices.

So, I got the best of both worlds... a team that is competitive NOW, while we build a real organizational structure that can support sustained winning, not smoke and mirrors.

Judging other posters' fandom isn't a "new fad"... it's been around... proliferating exponentially... since January.

It sucks, but it's not new.

watermock
11-17-2009, 03:23 AM

How wunderfull for U your're happy..

I'm not.

azbroncfan
11-17-2009, 06:21 AM

I'm not.

Why not your Vikings are 8-1. Got to be nice having 2 teams.

Buck Melanoma
11-17-2009, 07:06 AM
McDaniel's pre-school pic ....

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj466/jgallego2/fail-owned-elephant-slide-f.jpg

Glad he got an early start. ;)

TonyR
11-17-2009, 07:42 AM
...because I do consider Clady... not Orton... to be the most valuable player on our offense...

Clady is probably the "best" player on the offense but I'm not certain he's the "most valuable". I think if we lost Clady but kept Orton we would have had a better chance against the Skins than we did with Simms, which leads me to lean toward the QB position being more valuable than the LT position. But the LT position is hugely valuable, and Clady is among the best, so your opinion isn't in left field.

oubronco
11-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Kyle Orton - 91 Rating - 11 TDs 4 INTs

Jay Cutler - 76 Rating - 14 TDs 14 INTs

Orton - Career Winner

Cutler - Career Loser

2009 - Cutler leads league in INTs
2008 - Cutler 2nd in the league in INTs

Yea, real downgrade. I hope we can "downgrade" at every position like this in the future.

Dude can we at least wait till the end of the season before you throw stats up

oubronco
11-17-2009, 07:46 AM

So your saying that Shanahan didn't have real organizational structure and sustained winning? We were one of the winningest franchises in the NFL during his tenure and WON 2 Superbowls

Popps
11-17-2009, 10:42 AM

I included career stats, as well. (W/L)

Besides, I'm not the one making silly statements like "we downgraded at QB."

But, sure... after the season is over, you rest assured that I'll be happily posting the two QBs stats and reminding you about your request.

:thumbs:

Popps
11-17-2009, 10:47 AM
So your saying that Shanahan didn't have real organizational structure and sustained winning? We were one of the winningest franchises in the NFL during his tenure and WON 2 Superbowls

It certainly started off well.

After that, I'd say he did to an extent... but that much of our success was due to his coaching and a great running system. He's one of the best game-day coaches, ever.

That said, we've been woefully inefficient in free agency for a decade and our drafts really only included a few quality players... just very recently.

It's not that Shanahan didn't perhaps have a philosophy for winning, but when you decide that the answer for fixing your defense is to sign Boss Bailey and Niko Kourtovidus after fielding one of the worst defenses in the league... you've got a structural problem.

Shanahan was here for 14 years. It's not like we ran the guy off without a proper tenure. People need to let it go.

Dagmar
11-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Can someone please photoshop that to read "My aids deliver?"

Making fun of people with aids eh? Your moral compass is pretty random.

Blueflame
11-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Clady is probably the "best" player on the offense but I'm not certain he's the "most valuable". I think if we lost Clady but kept Orton we would have had a better chance against the Skins than we did with Simms, which leads me to lean toward the QB position being more valuable than the LT position. But the LT position is hugely valuable, and Clady is among the best, so your opinion isn't in left field.

Yeah, my take is that a valid argument could be made that Ryan Clady is the best young LT in the league.

Flex Gunmetal
11-17-2009, 11:59 AM

Is AIDS sadder than down syndrome? Cause you called me retarded recently and it really hurt my feelings!!

Beantown Bronco
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM

aids = assistants in this case

Mock was referring to Letterman being caught having an affair with one of his assistants, hence the picture.

Rausch 2.0
11-17-2009, 12:40 PM

Wait.

The Dave has AIDS?

****. Like 22 years of Chiefs football wasn't enough...:-/

Merlin
11-17-2009, 12:48 PM

Shanny left him a Filet Mignon on offence, and utter $hit on defense. McD with Nolan's help has turned the D into a very good Hamburger, but that offense is becoming worse than Spam. Also, although we are 6-3, you cannot forget the loss. It was against a team that allowed a Detroit team that had not won a game in over 1 season to win. It allowed winless KC and St Louis to get into the win column. Yes our QB sucked in the second half, but there should not have been any reason for a QB to do anything in the second half. The offense for the Skins is atrocious, and they were missing crucial players. This loss stank as much as the loss against Detroit a couple of yrs ago. Hopefully McD's youth will allow him to grow and learn from the loss, something Shanny seems to have forgotten how to do (although his tour of teams this yr suggests he has learned again).

Mr.Meanie
11-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Shanny left him a Filet Mignon on offence, and utter $hit on defense. McD with Nolan's help has turned the D into a very good Hamburger, but that offense is becoming worse than Spam. Also, although we are 6-3, you cannot forget the loss. It was against a team that allowed a Detroit team that had not won a game in over 1 season to win. It allowed winless KC and St Louis to get into the win column. Yes our QB sucked in the second half, but there should not have been any reason for a QB to do anything in the second half. The offense for the Skins is atrocious, and they were missing crucial players. This loss stank as much as the loss against Detroit a couple of yrs ago. Hopefully McD's youth will allow him to grow and learn from the loss, something Shanny seems to have forgotten how to do (although his tour of teams this yr suggests he has learned again).

That's funny, because that "Filet Mignon" offense only managed 10 points against the Panthers, 23 points against a horrible Bills team, and 21 garbage points against the Chargers in the final 3 losses to miss barely squeeking into the playoffs.

I think you're looking back at that offense thru rose-tinted glasses my friend.

BroncoBuff
11-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Definitely. Polumbus to LT and Gorin in at RT would have resulted in very little dropoff, compared to the catastrophic Orton-Simms dropoff.

Merlin
11-17-2009, 04:24 PM
That's funny, because that "Filet Mignon" offense only managed 10 points against the Panthers, 23 points against a horrible Bills team, and 21 garbage points against the Chargers in the final 3 losses to miss barely squeeking into the playoffs.
2nd in the league in the NFL on offense. Was their room for improvement? Of course there was, but there were some excellent players to build from, to say otherwise is just ignorance. Now, however, the can't move the ball, despite more experience and far better RBs, and it is actually worse at scoring. Natural progression alone (a lot young players getting better at their craft) should have this team playing far better, not worse. So yes, "Filet Mignon" was quite appropriate, 2nd in the NFL on offense more than qualifies.

DBroncos4life
11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
2nd in the league in the NFL on offense. Was their room for improvement? Of course there was, but there were some excellent players to build from, to say otherwise is just ignorance. Now, however, the can't move the ball, despite more experience and far better RBs, and it is actually worse at scoring. Natural progression alone (a lot young players getting better at their craft) should have this team playing far better, not worse. So yes, "Filet Mignon" was quite appropriate, 2nd in the NFL on offense more than qualifies.

I wonder who will bring up that we finished 16th in scoring after me? Which is fine because 16th in scoring is still a step up from 22nd.

azbroncfan
11-17-2009, 05:34 PM

2 nd in the NFL in offensive yards or the category that really counts points scored? Throw out the first 4 games and how did Denver do when crappy teams like KC, Buffalo, Oakland had game film on how to stop mopey boy.

HAT
11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Here's my reality....

1st half of the season: 6-2 with some good breaks....Namely beating a superior Bengals team on a fluke play.

2nd half of the season: 0-1 with a bad break....Namely losing to an inferior 'Skins team b/c of a fluke injury.

The REAL reality is that there are 7 games left to be contested...really, for reals.

Dagmar
11-17-2009, 06:58 PM
The reality seems to be the "bronco fan" trolls who didn't post a lot during the first six weeks seem to have come out of the woodwork. They are rubbing their hands at the potential for. McDaniels or Orton told you so dance. Those six mean less to them than the last three! No names. You can guess!

oubronco
11-17-2009, 07:03 PM
2 nd in the NFL in offensive yards or the category that really counts points scored? Throw out the first 4 games and how did Denver do when crappy teams like KC, Buffalo, Oakland had game film on how to stop mopey boy.

can't forget 7 rb's on IR

Archer81
11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Here's my reality....

1st half of the season: 6-2 with some good breaks....Namely beating a superior Bengals team on a fluke play.
2nd half of the season: 0-1 with a bad break....Namely losing to an inferior 'Skins team b/c of a fluke injury.

The REAL reality is that there are 7 games left to be contested...really, for reals.

I'd go with this if Denver was down all game, went up on them then Cin retook the lead...being that we led for 58 minutes of the game...I disagree.

I concur with the rest.

HAT
11-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I'd go with this if Denver was down all game, went up on them then Cin retook the lead...being that we led for 58 minutes of the game...I disagree.

I concur with the rest.

True. Denver was on par with or better than them that day and played as such.....

What I meant by calling Cincy a 'superior' team was that in hindsight, to date, they have showed that they are in fact better. They have consistently played well in all 3 phases of the game while Denver has looked both good and bad on offense and defense & predominantly bad on ST sans Royal in the SD game.

But my main point was that, once again, the negative Nancies are talking out of their ass whilst calling this 3 game losing streak a "second half" collapse. 3 game losing streaks are never fun but Denver is only 0-1 in the second half of season....Same as they could've been 0-1 to start the season.

As it turns out, the second half of the schedule is actually SOFTER than the first.

On paper (and that is a key qualifier) Denver had 2 gimmes in Oakland & Cleveland and 6 tough ones in Cincy, Dal, NE, SD, Bal, Pitt.

The 'on paper' version of the second season features 4 'gimmes' in Wash, KC x2 & Oak plus 4 'tough' games in SD, NYG, Ind & Phi.

Turns out Wash was a loss but I think we'd all agree that that the NYG aren't what most expected after a month of play.

4-3 (10-6) shouldn't be too much of a problem down the stretch and 5-2 is not out of the realm. Let's just hope one of those 4 or 5 wins is SD on Sunday and go from there.

Archer81
11-17-2009, 09:47 PM
True. Denver was on par with or better than them that day and played as such.....

What I meant by calling Cincy a 'superior' team was that in hindsight, to date, they have showed that they are in fact better. They have consistently played well in all 3 phases of the game while Denver has looked both good and bad on offense and defense & predominantly bad on ST sans Royal in the SD game.

But my main point was that, once again, the negative Nancies are talking out of their ass whilst calling this 3 game losing streak a "second half" collapse. 3 game losing streaks are never fun but Denver is only 0-1 in the second half of season....Same as they could've been 0-1 to start the season.

As it turns out, the second half of the schedule is actually SOFTER than the first.

On paper (and that is a key qualifier) Denver had 2 gimmes in Oakland & Cleveland and 6 tough ones in Cincy, Dal, NE, SD, Bal, Pitt.

The 'on paper' version of the second season features 4 'gimmes' in Wash, KC x2 & Oak plus 4 'tough' games in SD, NYG, Ind & Phi.

Turns out Wash was a loss but I think we'd all agree that that the NYG aren't what most expected after a month of play.

4-3 (10-6) shouldn't be too much of a problem down the stretch and 5-2 is not out of the realm. Let's just hope one of those 4 or 5 wins is SD on Sunday and go from there.

Gotcha. Nice summation.

NFLBRONCO
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
I think 4-3 is honestly a pipe dream for this team right now. I'd love to be wrong but, I'll fall out of my chair in shock if we win 10 games we'll see though. We will need to score 24 pts or more to do so we haven't done that much this year. Our D does not look like the one we saw in Sept. If we were 8-0 going to Wash and lost I wouldn't be as concerned. Having a 2 game losing going in and losing is a whole other matter.

Archer81
11-17-2009, 09:51 PM
I think 4-3 is honestly a pipe dream for this team right now. I'd love to be wrong but, I'll fall out of my chair in shock if we win 10 games now.

Prepare to be shocked.

NFLBRONCO
11-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Prepare to be shocked.

Cool I'd love to be.

azbroncfan
11-17-2009, 09:56 PM
This season seems an awful lot like 2006.

Archer81
11-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Cool I'd love to be.

Awesome. This is a rare season, where coaches wont be fired for record, and there is not alot of pressure on the team to succeed, fast start or not. They had a bad stretch, it happens. They get it turned around and gumdrops will fall from heaven, beer will cascade from mountain tops, and everyone in Colorado will be sporting neckbeards. It will be awesome.

azbroncfan
11-17-2009, 10:00 PM
can't forget 7 rb's on IR

Yeah we can make excuses all we want but in the end you are what you are. Just like life.

NFLBRONCO
11-17-2009, 10:10 PM
As I said, above losing to Wash if we are 8-0 is one thing. Losing to Wash when we are on 2 game losing streak is a whole other matter. This is why I will be shocked if we finish 10-6 right now.

Ambiguous
11-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I think 4-3 is honestly a pipe dream for this team right now. I'd love to be wrong but, I'll fall out of my chair in shock if we win 10 games we'll see though. We will need to score 24 pts or more to do so we haven't done that much this year. Our D does not look like the one we saw in Sept. If we were 8-0 going to Wash and lost I wouldn't be as concerned. Having a 2 game losing going in and losing is a whole other matter.

I'm with you on this one, no reason to have faith at this point, especially after the last few seasons.

That said, I'm going to be at a few of the upcoming games, and I'm still behind mcd and the team. If they can actually pull something off and get in the playoffs, I will freaking lose it. I just have no expectations.

watermock
11-17-2009, 10:19 PM
The reality seems to be the "bronco fan" trolls who didn't post a lot during the first six weeks seem to have come out of the woodwork. They are rubbing their hands at the potential for. McDaniels or Orton told you so dance. Those six mean less to them than the last three! No names. You can guess!

You would have to put 90% of sports writers in that group as well, if Orton plays and plays well, Denver has a very good chance for at at least 10 wins and the tiebreaker to win the west due to their 6-0 start.

There was no reason to. Orton played very well in the NE win, and good teams make heir own breaks, altho Stoke's tip play was once in a decade play for Denver. And BM also had a spectacular play on a jump ball he stole.

If Orton can play and play efectively, we have all the tiebreakers. Lose, and we likely miss the playoffs.

Archer81
11-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Never seen so much negativity about a 6-3 team...

In 1997, we went 6-0, had a bye week, and proceeded to lose 4 of the next 8 games, with tough losses in Pitt and SF. Went to the playoffs as a WC team, rest is history. Obviously there are differences between this team and the 97 squad, but the season isnt over after 10 games.

NFLBRONCO
11-17-2009, 10:53 PM

In 1997, we went 6-0, had a bye week, and proceeded to lose 4 of the next 8 games, with tough losses in Pitt and SF. Went to the playoffs as a WC team, rest is history. Obviously there are differences between this team and the 97 squad, but the season isnt over after 10 games.

Just because my feeling right now is what it is does not mean I don't want Denver to prove something the next 7 games and get a playoff spot. I'm going game by game and whatever happens happens.

Archer81
11-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Just because my feeling right now is what it is does not mean I don't want Denver to prove something the next 7 games and get a playoff spot. I'm going game by game and whatever happens happens.

Yup, me too.

Redskins game pissed me off, I havent been that angry since the Bills loss last season. Denver had a ton of opportunities to put the game away and they didnt do it. That kind of stuff happens. Hopefully this week things change and Denver whips the Chargers and ends this stupid ass losing streak.

BroncoBuff
11-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Wait.

The Dave has AIDS?

****. Like 22 years of Chiefs football wasn't enough...:-/

Where is TheDave? And Drek?

And for that matter, where tf have you been, Rausch?

NFLBRONCO
11-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Yup, me too.

Redskins game pissed me off, I havent been that angry since the Bills loss last season. Denver had a ton of opportunities to put the game away and they didnt do it. That kind of stuff happens. Hopefully this week things change and Denver whips the Chargers and ends this stupid ass losing streak.

Three things that really made me mad sunday was

1. Simms wasn't ready to play. He is dying to prove himself and he wasn't ready in case he played. I'd understand if he was a rookie but, a vet I expect better.

2. Coming off 2 losses and let bad team beat us.

3. Is it me or does our db's look lost and confused on what they want to do last few games.

errand
11-18-2009, 06:49 AM

I'm not.

...few drunks are if the truth be known.

errand
11-18-2009, 06:50 AM

You're right...especially when the stats he posted are wrong.

Jay Cutler has thrown 17 INT's.....not 14.

errand
11-18-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm wondering if perhaps Simms arm was hurting him....because it was killing me.

TonyR
11-18-2009, 07:08 AM

I think there are reasons for this. The hot, unexpected start got people's hopes and expectations way up. Then losing 3 straight, and not looking very good doing it, brought those hopes and expecations crashing to the ground. And losing to a bad Washington team really hurt. After being so good in the second halves of games we've been dominated, particularly in the 4th quarter. And the offense isn't producing at all. Lots of reason for concern, but nobody should be giving up.

BlaK-Argentina
11-18-2009, 08:28 AM
I think there are reasons for this. The hot, unexpected start got people's hopes and expectations way up. Then losing 3 straight, and not looking very good doing it, brought those hopes and expecations crashing to the ground. And losing to a bad Washington team really hurt. After being so good in the second halves of games we've been dominated, particularly in the 4th quarter. And the offense isn't producing at all. Lots of reason for concern, but nobody should be giving up.

I agree there's reason to concern but I don't think the negativity it's so much on this year's team or our expectations on them. The ghost of Shanny's teams fading down the stretch, not doing much the second half of the season and the 2008 Broncos in particular are all still haunting us fans. We thought it would be different with McD but It's hard to expect anything but another collapse when so far all the signs point in that direction yet again. Still early though, hopefully we kick ass from now on.

Beantown Bronco
11-18-2009, 08:47 AM

A couple of factors play in here:

There's a huge difference in mindset when a team loses the first three games and then proceeds to win the next 6 games vs. the other way around....obviously.

It's harder to be positive when you haven't won in a month.

A loss to one of the worst teams in the league, missing a handful of their best players, is just sickening.

The starting QB is hurt and the backup just had a performance that would make Jamarcus Russell cringe.

I think it's safe to say that nobody would've been disappointed over the summer if you told us they'd start off the season at 6-3. But if you told me a month ago when they were 6-0, that they'd be 6-3 after the next 3 games, I think it's only fair to be a tad disappointed.

TailgateNut
11-18-2009, 09:15 AM

There's a huge difference in mindset when a team loses the first three games and then proceeds to win the next 6 games vs. the other way around....obviously.

A loss to one of the worst teams in the league, missing a handful of their best players, is just sickening.

The starting QB is hurt and the backup just had a performance that would make Jamarcus Russell cringe.

I think it's safe to say that nobody would've been disappointed over the summer if you told us they'd start off the season at 6-3. But if you told me a month ago when they were 6-0, that they'd be 6-3 after the next 3 games, I think it's only fair to be a tad disappointed.

Very good post, especially the "bolded"......

Archer81
11-18-2009, 03:58 PM

Dissapointed, yes. Negative about how the team will do the next 7 weeks just strikes me as an overreaction, considering fans and pundits had denver winning less than 6 games all year. As someone else in the thread noted, Arizona went 9-7 and made a SB run, SD finished .500 and knocked Indi out. The point is to get to the playoffs. Even with 3 straight losses, Denver still leads their division, with 7 games left to play.

2KBack
11-18-2009, 04:30 PM

I agree with all of this. Having some negativity right now is perfectly understandable. It is becoming harder to rationalize the losses. Baltimore was a bit of a buzz saw; early road game, good team on a losing streak. Pittsburgh was upsetting, but they are a vastly better overall team. Washington there was no excuse for really. One of the worst teams in the league that was also playing one of the easiest schedules, and Denver was dominated in the second half.

This doesn't mean Denver sucks now, and it doesn't mean the season is over. It does mean that there is a lot more work that needs to be done than some of us probably thought during the hot start.

BroncoBuff
11-18-2009, 07:33 PM

Wherever you "came back" from, they miss you there ... so maybe just run along with your nonsense, clown.

JCMElway
11-18-2009, 07:46 PM

No positives whatsoever.

I'm gonna bump this after we beat the piss out of SD.

watermock
11-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errand

Being vindivtive and ignornat is no way to go thu life Popps.

If we lose these nest 2 games, everyone with McD ass their surrname should carry it for 2010.

Popps
11-18-2009, 09:02 PM

If we lose these nest 2 games, everyone with McD ass their surrname should carry it for 2010.

Ummm... I didn't post that, Mock.

Lord help you, dude.

errand
11-26-2009, 01:26 PM

..and fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life either.

You even type drunk....."the nest two games"?

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL