PDA

View Full Version : Breaking ESPN News: Broncos vow to play 2nd half next week.

toad
11-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Sorry....had to do it....someone at work sent something along these lines to me after the PIT game....now consecutive 2nd-half meltdowns (doing into halftime w/ lead, only to lose by double digits).

Sure, Simms went in and looked BAD and Berger sucks....but still we've fallen apart 2 weeks in a row.

Today should have been easily win-able.

RhymesayersDU
11-15-2009, 03:18 PM
This thread is beyond silly.

When your starting QB goes down, you're screwed. Last week was nothing like this week. This week means nothing except Chris Simms sucks. It wasn't a meltdown, or a collapse. It was what happens when your starting QB gets hurt.

I mean, in the same exact situation, if Peyton Manning goes down, Jim Sorgi is NOT leading them to anything good.

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 03:19 PM
BREAKING NEWS: I hope you're right.

24champ
11-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Make that three weeks in a row we fell apart in the 2nd half. Baltimore came out and took us to the woodshed.

toad
11-15-2009, 03:23 PM
This thread is beyond silly.

When your starting QB goes down, you're screwed. Last week was nothing like this week. This week means nothing except Chris Simms sucks. It wasn't a meltdown, or a collapse. It was what happens when your starting QB gets hurt.

I mean, in the same exact situation, if Peyton Manning goes down, Jim Sorgi is NOT leading them to anything good.

I know, I know....thus the "sorry...had to do it" disclaimer/ : )

Could Sorgi manage to sustain a 3 point lead against a team that had only won 2 games all year? Possibly....

And, admittedly, Simms was against the ropes with no game experience in some time but he was SO rusty which lead to some bad decisions (the pick seemed really horrible to me).

Again, not putting this on Simms but, good gracious, winning at halftime the last 2 weeks then losing by DOUBLE DIGITS is bad (particularly against the 'Skins).

RunSilentRunDeep
11-15-2009, 04:06 PM
I know, I know....thus the "sorry...had to do it" disclaimer/ : )

Could Sorgi manage to sustain a 3 point lead against a team that had only won 2 games all year? Possibly....

And, admittedly, Simms was against the ropes with no game experience in some time but he was SO rusty which lead to some bad decisions (the pick seemed really horrible to me).

Again, not putting this on Simms but, good gracious, winning at halftime the last 2 weeks then losing by DOUBLE DIGITS is bad (particularly against the 'Skins).

When in doubt, don't post.

oubronco
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Make that three weeks in a row we fell apart in the 2nd half. Baltimore came out and took us to the woodshed.

as did the deadskins and lookout here comes the Bolts

Greatspirits
11-15-2009, 06:03 PM
How the heck can this team do a complete reversal? They've been so good in the second half the first 6 games and the past three they've been horrid!