PDA

View Full Version : The should be a sign to those who think they know football - to just STFU

The MVPlaya
11-15-2009, 02:13 PM
lol @ people calling for Simms number because he has a stronger arm during the season, during the pre-season, etc.

McDaniels says it best when he talks about you idiots not knowing a damn thing about the team.

Merlin
11-15-2009, 03:06 PM
McD brought Simms in (and paid him a couple of million)...just sayin

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2009, 03:09 PM
And outside of Orton's 2 gimmie TD's (oh by the way he whiffed on the 3rd one to Royal), he was pretty terrible as well.

Hey guess what? It's an internet message board. People will have, wait for it....opinions.

Also funny the Orton crowd jumping on a guy that hasn't played football in 3 years over 1 half of performance while in the mean time we've had to put up with you yahoo's trying to sell us on Orton and how he just needs time to settle into McD's system.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-15-2009, 03:11 PM
And outside of Orton's 2 gimmie TD's (oh by the way he whiffed on the 3rd one to Royal), he was pretty terrible as well.

Hey guess what? It's an internet message board. People will have, wait for it....opinions.

Also funny the Orton crowd jumping on a guy that hasn't played football in 3 years over 1 half of performance while in the mean time we've had to put up with you yahoo's trying to sell us on Orton and how he just needs time to settle into McD's system.

Outside of the td's he was terrible? Huh? What did he do poorly?

Also, was it just me, or wasnt their clear illegal contact on the miss to Royal?

RhymesayersDU
11-15-2009, 03:12 PM
ROFL @ "besides the awesome plays Orton made, he was terrible."

Yeah, makes complete sense.

Doggcow
11-15-2009, 03:15 PM
ROFL @ "besides the awesome plays Orton made, he was terrible."

Yeah, makes complete sense.

ROFL Yeah, quality discourse here! :rofl:

Beantown Bronco
11-15-2009, 03:16 PM

Insanity.

peacepipe
11-15-2009, 03:17 PM
lol @ people calling for Simms number because he has a stronger arm during the season, during the pre-season, etc.

McDaniels says it best when he talks about you idiots not knowing a damn thing about the team. You should practice what you preach & STFU!

The MVPlaya
11-15-2009, 03:37 PM
You should practice what you preach & STFU!

lol I'm guessing you're one of those who thought simms was better?

:spit:

The MVPlaya
11-15-2009, 03:37 PM

You're an idiot.

Does everyone watch football drunk?

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Outside of the td's he was terrible? Huh? What did he do poorly?

Also, was it just me, or wasnt their clear illegal contact on the miss to Royal?

It was the same dink and dunk Orton we've seen all year. Yes, I call that terrible. Why do you think Washington's secondary kept biting and trying to jump all those short routes?

The offensive performance in this game has been the exact same as just about every game this season. However, in those first 6 games, the defense has been able to hold it together to get us the win. Homers on here just see the W and refuse to critic how the team actually performed. But when it's an L instead, they wonder were all of a sudden these team deficiences come from, when in fact, if can pay attention to what's actually happening in the game, they've been there since week 1.

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 04:05 PM
It was the same dink and dunk Orton we've seen all year. Yes, I call that terrible. Why do you think Washington's secondary kept biting and trying to jump all those short routes?

The offensive performance in this game has been the exact same as just about every game this season. However, in those first 6 games, the defense has been able to hold it together to get us the win. Homers on here just see the W and refuse to critic how the team actually performed. But when it's an L instead, they wonder were all of a sudden these team deficiences come from, when in fact, if can pay attention to what's actually happening in the game, they've been there since week 1.

Good post .... that's an incisive post that goes way beyond the short-term memory TV-watching fan.

oubronco
11-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Insanity.

Orton was 11/18 193 yds 2tds

marshalls first 2 catches for 115 yds 2 tds

Orton finished with 9/16 78 yds

pretty insane eh

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
McD brought Simms in (and paid him a couple of million)...just sayin
Exactly ... if all these knee-jerk posters are correct, then Josh must be stupid.

Yes, Chris Simms sucked big-time today. But he only had 4 possessions. There's every reason to believe he'll be better if and when he gets another shot.

Either that or .... Josh is stupid. Which way do you want it?

:~ohyah!:

baja
11-15-2009, 04:11 PM

At least Buff is a likable guy you on the other hand are a boob

Opps sopke too soon I just read Buff's post 2 above

HEAV
11-15-2009, 04:30 PM

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291115028

At/cp yds avg TD/int passer rating
K. Orton 11/18 193 10.7 2 0 134.7

C. Simms 3/13 13 1.0 0 1 7.5

Orton had TD passes of 40 & 75 yards, both where deep passes and he then over threw Royal on another deep ball.

Kyle wasn't dink'n Dunk'n he loosened up the Redskins and then worked the medium routes (which is this offense for those that don't know)

Simms came in and short hopped his first throw. He had a decent gain 9 yards called back on a holding penalty, but for the most part he wasn't close to comparing to Kyle Orton.

Simms blew the game in the 4th quarter. After the defense had 13 plays, 78 yards, 7:14 elapsed and held the Skins to a field goal, Broncos get the ball and after two runs and gettign a first down into Skins territory on 1st and 10 at WAS 46 Simms throws the ball up for grabs on a hailmary that wasn't even close.

Simms lost the game.

Beantown Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:34 PM

pretty insane eh

Since when is 9/16 for 78 yards "terrible"? Your words.

If that's "terrible", then what do you call 3/13 for 13 yards and a pick?

Like I said elsewhere, Simms would've offered up his first born for 9/16 for 78 yds and 0 INTs. AND that would've been enough to win today.

Beantown Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:37 PM
But he only had 4 possessions.

5 possessions. Unless you want to discount the last drive in the Cincy game.

HEAV
11-15-2009, 04:39 PM
5 possessions. Unless you want to discount the last drive in the Cincy game.

Buff is just a combo of insane & retarded. He's best left to being TJ's fund drive chairman.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Simms Suck..

oubronco
11-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Since when is 9/16 for 78 yards "terrible"? Your words.

If that's "terrible", then what do you call 3/13 for 13 yards and a pick?

Like I said elsewhere, Simms would've offered up his first born for 9/16 for 78 yds and 0 INTs. AND that would've been enough to win today.

I never said terrible but it isn't anything to write home about and Simms is who I expected him to be he flatout sucks

what happened to the lost art of hitting recievers in stride so they can run with the ball is that too much to ask?

watermock
11-15-2009, 05:24 PM

McDaniels says it best when he talks about you idiots not knowing a damn thing about the team.

We didn't bring him in, or Booger. Your supposed to have your backup prepared enough not to look foolish. Simms looked like he hadn't seen the field scince 2006. Oh wait.

broncogary
11-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Good post .... that's an incisive post that goes way beyond the short-term memory TV-watching fan.

You realize, I hope, that the long TD's were set up by the short routes. And then, he says that Orton was just a dinker and dunker.

Where is your head? ???

BlaK-Argentina
11-15-2009, 06:04 PM
I can't believe people are defending Simms. I don't care if he hadn't seen the field since 1999, all he had to do was manage the game and complete a couple of passes and he completely **** the bed. That throw to Marshall was as dumb as some of Cutler's throws. The guy had no business being on a football field.

snowspot66
11-15-2009, 06:11 PM

pretty insane eh

So those two don't count? Would it have been more impressive if he just dinked and dunked his way down the field instead?

Some people just can't give him any ****ing credit.

He hits long balls today and suddenly it's "Well they were wide open of course he hit them!".

Well of course they were wide open. You don't throw deep to a covered man unless you've got Randy Moss down there. That's almost always a pick otherwise.

Give the man some credit or just don't say anything.

Br0nc0Buster
11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Simms was JeMarcus Russell esque out there today

If Orton cant go, Branstater better be in there, I would rather have Moreno play qb than go through the 2nd half of this game again

Rigs11
11-15-2009, 06:18 PM

I love it. We hear all week about how we have to throw it deep ..blah. blah blah. When orton does it and throws 2 TD's.. then they were gimmes.Brilliant!Hilarious!

elsid13
11-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I love it. We hear all week about how we have to throw it deep ..blah. blah blah. When orton does it and throws 2 TD's.. then they were gimmes.Brilliant!Hilarious!

Let be honest, Orton made the throws but Skins secondary totally blew both coverages leaving Marshall wide open.

BlaK-Argentina
11-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Don't even bother. Orton can do no good. Some people deserved what they got from that piece of **** Simms today. Unfortunately, the rest of us had to suffer it too.

Rigs11
11-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Let be honest, Orton made the throws but Skins secondary totally blew both coverages leaving Marshall wide open.

So what does he have to do?Does he have to thread the ball in between 3 defenders on a 60 yard bomb?You guys are impossible.

elsid13
11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
So what does he have to do?Does he have to thread the ball in between 3 defenders on a 60 yard bomb?You guys are impossible.

Dude he made the throws, that it. I not going to praise him for doing what a starting NFL QB should do with WR that wide open and great pocket in front of him. Both those completion were easiest passes he had all season.

lex
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
This game wasnt affirmation of anything. Nice try though. LOL.

Rigs11
11-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Dude he made the throws, that it. I not going to praise him for doing what a starting NFL QB should do with WR that wide open and great pocket in front of him. Both those completion were easiest passes he had all season.

Wow..just wow. So when a running back goes on a long run, due to the opposing defense not filling the gaps. Do you give them any praise?Cuz you know that is what a starting NFL RB should do.

Kaylore
11-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I think there's some kind of subconscious phallic issue going on with arm strength and the Cutler/Simms humpers. It's basically the same people. Everyone that loved Cutler wanted Simms to start. Both suck. The only common denominator is arm strength.

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 08:19 PM
I think there's some kind of subconscious phallic issue going on with arm strength and the Cutler/Simms humpers. It's basically the same people. Everyone that loved Cutler wanted Simms to start. Both suck. The only common denominator is arm strength.

You're talking about me obviously ... I'm not sure anyone else qualifies.

I never liked Simms for his arm, and Cutler does not suck. he sucked Thursday, BIG time. But he does not suck.

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2009, 08:21 PM

Kudos to Orton for making a rec league throw to a wide open WR 40 yards down the field 2 out 3 times. Guess what? I can throw a pretty 40 yard spiral playing catch with my buddies too. How come NFL teams aren't beating down my door to play QB then?

Do you think based on those 3 throws that somehow Orton can stretch a defense now? Did you even stop to think why those guys were so wide open?

Orton is the very definition of mediocre. It's been painful to watch him play this season.

But at least he's a cut above Simms and Brandstater. I guess.

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM

I never liked Simms for his arm, and Cutler does not suck. he sucked Thursday, BIG time. But he does not suck.

woulnd't sweat it buff. kaylore's gone completely awol this season with the personal attacks and over generalization of the board.

Kaylore
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM

I was not speaking to you specifically, no. Casey, there are a lot of people that loved Cutler and then loved Simms. I think it was a combination of Bronco Fans' obsession with arm strength and the Cutler widows wanting to hate Orton because he was picked by McDaniels (even though Simms was too).

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks ... I think we're all pretty tapped out today.

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
I was not speaking to you specifically, no. Casey, there are a lot of people that loved Cutler and then loved Simms. I think it was a combination of Bronco Fans' obsession with arm strength and the Cutler widows wanting to hate Orton because he was picked by McDaniels (even though Simms was too).

was there a poll or something on Simms? I don't remember anyone but buff really pushing for him to be the starter.

not sure why you are tyring to polarize people into cutler/simms vs orton camps.

Rigs11
11-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Kudos to Orton for making a rec league throw to a wide open WR 40 yards down the field 2 out 3 times. Guess what? I can throw a pretty 40 yard spiral playing catch with my buddies too. How come NFL teams aren't beating down my door to play QB then?

Do you think based on those 3 throws that somehow Orton can stretch a defense now? Did you even stop to think why those guys were so wide open?

Orton is the very definition of mediocre. It's been painful to watch him play this season.

Cuz you're not smart enough.Doesn't matter if those guys were open because of the defense he got the ball there and it resulted in 2 TD's.You yahoos are never satisfied.

Rigs11
11-15-2009, 09:45 PM

17 picks = suckage

baja
11-15-2009, 09:56 PM

Maybe McD will call you if you can do that.

BTW if you sign will you be using your full name on your jersey, Atwater, his Ass might not be a good fit.

RhymesayersDU
11-15-2009, 10:03 PM

ROFL, sure you can. You can totally make all the throws of an NFL QB.

Let me guess, you'd have totally gotten a scholarship to a big time college and then gone on to the NFL if just your high school coach would have put you in during the big game?

This is comical at best. Any time anybody says "yeah, I could totally do that" it translates into either pure delusion or bitterness. I'm not saying Orton is a great QB, but this idea that he had a bad game today or that anything about being an NFL QB is easy is moronic.

The MVPlaya
11-15-2009, 10:09 PM
ROFL, sure you can. You can totally make all the throws of an NFL QB.

Let me guess, you'd have totally gotten a scholarship to a big time college and then gone on to the NFL if just your high school coach would have put you in during the big game?

This is comical at best. Any time anybody says "yeah, I could totally do that" it translates into either pure delusion or bitterness. I'm not saying Orton is a great QB, but this idea that he had a bad game today or that anything about being an NFL QB is easy is moronic.

+1 I agree 100%.

About that Royal overthrow - all NFL QB's screw up give me's ALL the time even tho they are given maybe once at most twice a game. Think of Brady when he had Moss open against us... or even today when Campbell had S. Moss blown away from Goodman.

Take your head out your ass and maybe just maybe try to watch other football games.

I am not saying it is excusable for Orton to not make that throw, but it happens more often than not.

Orton played fantastic...

If you think those Marshall throws are so easy anybody can do it, there's a lot more that goes into all that than meets the eye.

I'm not sure if everyone here can actually comprehend that - hence the title of this thread for you wannabe football coaches.

outdoor_miner
11-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I am seriously dumbfounded that anyone could have anything negative to say about Orton after this game. Maybe you don't think he's the long term answer. Whatever. But - he played great in the first half. He missed one throw (attention: other qb's miss open receivers once in awhile, too), but he was on pace for a career day. Two nice deep balls. The last drive before half was a friggin 17 play drive. We would have won this game if he had not gotten hurt.

He has now played very good / great in 4 of the 6 games since he was recovered from the finger injury (Dallas, New England, San Diego, Washington). He is a good quarterback. He is not average. He is better than average. Why can't some people see that?

BlaK-Argentina
11-15-2009, 10:25 PM
I am seriously dumbfounded that anyone could have anything negative to say about Orton after this game. Maybe you don't think he's the long term answer. Whatever. But - he played great in the first half. He missed one throw (attention: other qb's miss open receivers once in awhile, too), but he was on pace for a career day. Two nice deep balls. The last drive before half was a friggin 17 play drive. We would have won this game if he had not gotten hurt.

He has now played very good / great in 4 of the 6 games since he was recovered from the finger injury (Dallas, New England, San Diego, Washington). He is a good quarterback. He is not average. He is better than average. Why can't some people see that?

Because he's not flashy, he doesn't have the greatest arm, doesn't run well and isn't an arrogant punk.

I really don't get it, he's a very likeable guy, has played very well and won most of his games. People are so obsessed about the QB position and having a "franchise" QB that when you have a good one like Orton that just goes out and wins they don't feel it's enough because he doesn't win "pretty" or whatever.

Arkansas Bronco
11-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Wtf we dont have jeff lewis anymore?

outdoor_miner
11-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Because he's not flashy, he doesn't have the greatest arm, doesn't run well and isn't an arrogant punk.

I really don't get it, he's a very likeable guy, has played very well and won most of his games. People are so obsessed about the QB position and having a "franchise" QB that when you have a good one like Orton that just goes out and wins they don't feel it's enough because he doesn't win "pretty" or whatever.

Yep. What's crazy to me, though, is that he has looked really friggin good in a few games. Nut just "above average". Not just good. He's been borderline great. I don't know what more you could ask from a quarterback than what Orton has done against New England, San Diego, and the first half of Washington. He was awesome in those games. He has shown the potential to be a great qb in this offense when the entire O is clicking.

Bah. I don't know why I care what anyone else thinks. It's really clear that McD likes him, which is what matters. A few people are going to be very disappointed when Orton is our starting QB next year. We may draft a QBOTF (although, I highly doubt it will be in the first round), but Orton will be the man for at least another year. I'm cool with that.

Rudeboy
11-15-2009, 11:13 PM

Because they are idiots, simpe and plain, the world is full of them which is why im glad we have disease's and things of that nature to help get rid of them.

Now back to Orton, nothing he has done has put me behind him more then watching the agony on his face while we lost that game. You could see the pain in his eyes, well when they were not showing Chris Simms over on the sideline laughing that is...

In the end I think this might be a good thing for us, now all the doubts in players minds about maybe someone else could do better then Orton are gone. They know the answer now, so hopefully now they get behind this guy 100% and work their butts off to keep him protected and do what they need to do for him.

Hulamau
11-15-2009, 11:39 PM

More insights from Einstein Ha! :twokisses

errand
11-16-2009, 07:30 AM

You're like Bob...he too has a problem with Orton throwing to the open man. As for his overthrow of Royal..how could that be...you idiots said he couldn't throw it more than 20 yards

...and some of them suck ass...like most of yours do.

Not anymore funnier than you and you clown posse jumping on Orton after one preseason game half and clamoring for Simms after one preseason half...oh, and BTW Redskins back-up QB Todd Collins didn't throw a pass for 3 years, and hit on 15 of 20 for 224 yards and 2 TD's in 2007 when he beat the Bears.

In bold

errand
11-16-2009, 07:39 AM

...yet another poster who has a problem with Orton identifying the open man and throwing the ball to him.

Who cares how they got open...or wide open? The fact remains they were open, and Orton saw them and threw them the ball.

chex
11-16-2009, 07:44 AM
LMAO @ Orton now being criticized for hitting open receivers. There’s nothing anyone can say that can embarrass and discredit these people more than them making those arguments.

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Exactly ... if all these knee-jerk posters are correct, then Josh must be stupid.

Yes, Chris Simms sucked big-time today. But he only had 4 possessions. There's every reason to believe he'll be better if and when he gets another shot.

Either that or .... Josh is stupid. Which way do you want it?

:~ohyah!:

Wait, it has to be BOTH, correct? Simms sucked, so therfore Josh is stupid.

In any case, I want to see some better QB'ing whoever is the starter (0r the backup). Orton wasn't lighting the league up, just being careful and avoiding mistakes, once in a while getting into a good rhythm.

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 07:58 AM

Of course, that's why the long routes were open, because the dummies bit on the short route.

With two long TD passes and almost three, how was it the same as every other game dinking and ducking? I don't care if you want to be a critic, but make sense instead of just raving. Pleas. Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation. :)

barryr
11-16-2009, 10:13 AM
The Cutler fans will forever continue to believe that Cutler is a HOF type of QB and that Simms is better than Orton because he throws harder. That is they will believe that until they learn more about football and not such generic stupid crap.

55CrushEm
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Because they are idiots, simpe and plain, the world is full of them which is why im glad we have disease's and things of that nature to help get rid of them.

Now back to Orton, nothing he has done has put me behind him more then watching the agony on his face while we lost that game. You could see the pain in his eyes, well when they were not showing Chris Simms over on the sideline laughing that is...

In the end I think this might be a good thing for us, now all the doubts in players minds about maybe someone else could do better then Orton are gone. They know the answer now, so hopefully now they get behind this guy 100% and work their butts off to keep him protected and do what they need to do for him.

Yeah....not sure why....but seeing Chris Simms grinning like a fool after the game really pissed me off.

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Of course, that's why the long routes were open, because the dummies bit on the short route.

With two long TD passes and almost three, how was it the same as every other game dinking and ducking? I don't care if you want to be a critic, but make sense instead of just raving. Pleas. Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation. :)

Okay, but I was responding to the theme of the thread ... it wasn't just out of the blue ;D

HEAV
11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
The Cutler fans will forever continue to believe that Cutler is a HOF type of QB and that Simms is better than Orton because he throws harder. That is they will believe that until they learn more about football and not such generic stupid crap.

Some Denver fans won't be happy until they see John Elway walk back on the field. But that won't happen, so they put BIG arm QB's high on their want/love list.

bpc
11-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Orton and Simms suck.

If we lose the next two against SD and NYG on Thanksgiving, we should see what Brandstater can do.

Worst thing we can do is going into the offseason with the exact same QB questions we came into the season with.

No QB, No super bowl.

TailgateNut
11-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Orton and Simms suck.

If we lose the next two against SD and NYG on Thanksgiving, we should see what Brandstater can do.

Worst thing we can do is going into the offseason with the exact same QB questions we came into the season with.

No QB, No super bowl.

.: I guess looking at the title of this thread and this:

07-04-2009, 05:06 AM #6
bpc
Glory, Glory, Colorado!

- TRENCH WARFARE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-13 this season. Just be ready.

... maybe you should STFU and go caress Jays' nuts.