srphoenix
11-15-2009, 02:02 PM
the man should be shot....

SJ Bronco
11-15-2009, 02:03 PM
HE should fly to NY not Denver..

Cleo McDowell
HATE him as our second option. absolutely HATE.

gyldenlove
I did not know they stacked **** more than 6 feet high.

Williams
11-15-2009, 02:04 PM
No way he should be #2 over Brandstater.

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Chris recieved zero football genes from his father. ZERO.

AbileneBroncoFan
11-15-2009, 02:10 PM
3/13, 13 yards, 1 int. This performance ranks up there with the **** put out by JaMarcus Russell, Aaron Brooks, Ryan Leaf, and Tarvaris Jackson. I don't care who we have on this team, but we will not win a game with Chris Simms at quarterback. If he starts next week, we have no chance and our season is over.

Cleo McDowell
11-15-2009, 02:13 PM
I am sorry to have felt this way, but when it became clear we were going nowhere today with this loser at the helm my anger and frustration went towards simms and a part of me enjoyed him taking punishment back there on the last sh*tty excuse of a series.. I hope he never suits up in a bronco uniform again. Its a sh*tty thing to say, I know.

Kaylore
11-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Where is Broncoracist7? I want to see that limp-dick loser of poster come in here and explain how Simms is better than Orton.

I am so pissed about this game. Brandstater is a better player right now than Simms. Simms holds the ball to long and can't throw to his right. And oh yeah, HE SUCKS! He's completely inaccurate pretty much in general but especially at any pass more than five yards down field.

Taco John
11-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Where is Broncoracist7? I want to see that limp-dick loser of poster come in here and explain how Simms is better than Orton.

I am so pissed about this game. Brandstater is a better player right now than Simms. Simms holds the ball to long and can't throw to his right. And oh yeah, HE SUCKS! He's completely inaccurate pretty much in general but especially at any pass more than five yards down field.

I'm not so sure about his 5 yard accuracy.

Bronco Bob
11-15-2009, 02:23 PM
No Go Simms!

OBF1
11-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Where are those that claim Simms SHOULD be our starter ??? Buff where are you?

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Simms Sucks..if Orton doesn't go ..it is better that we give chance Tom

bronco610
11-15-2009, 02:28 PM
I hate simms. Brandstater please !!! simms sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oubronco
11-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Chrissy Simms has always sucked

Rocket 7
11-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Make him walk home

Killericon
11-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Pathetic. Ramsey would've looked better.

Sodak
11-15-2009, 02:34 PM
We haven't had a servicable backup QB for a long, long, time. Ramsay sucked too. Buerlein sucked, Brister sucked, etc., etc.

I couldn't see the coverage downfield, but he sure hangs on to the ball a long time.

Maybe next week will be better after a bit of coaching.

brother love
11-15-2009, 03:03 PM
****ing Terrible!

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 05:04 PM
how much is he paided to be ready?

baja
11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Kubs was the last good backup

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Chris Simms Sucks..We need to give Tom a chance to see if Orton cant go next week.

Meck77
11-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Kubs was the last good backup

Brister went 5-0 in 1998 for us. Granted that team was stacked but he did go 5-0.

Popps
11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm not so sure about his 5 yard accuracy.

His stats say 3 for 13 for 13 yards and an INT.

That's better than I would have expected them to be. I'm trying to recall what pass he completed.

TonyR
11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
What's really sad is that when he came in I was really hoping he'd do great and we'd have a new and better starter for the rest of the season. About two plays later I realized we were in far better hands with Orton.

Mogulseeker
11-15-2009, 05:09 PM
I say cut Simms and try to get JMFW back.

Beantown Bronco
11-15-2009, 05:09 PM
He's lucky this isn't South American soccer.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 05:10 PM
When we ask for Orton instead of Simms..thats shows how much Simms sucks

baja
11-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Brister went 5-0 in 1998 for us. Granted that team was stacked but he did go 5-0.

True, I forgot about him.

Rohirrim
11-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Chris Simms: 3 of 13 for 13 yards with an interception. Denver offense: 36 yards of total offense after halftime.

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Me thinks chris was the result of a visit from the mailman.

Sodak
11-15-2009, 08:03 PM
I think Baja is correct. I can't think of any backups worth a **** since Kubiak. Wow.

elsid13
11-15-2009, 08:06 PM
No way he should be #2 over Brandstater.

Don't you think that Brandstater was better right now he would move up on depth chart? Think about that for awhile.

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Chris Simms: 3 of 13 for 13 yards with an interception. Denver offense: 36 yards of total offense after halftime.

That's horrible ... but wtf, what's with a 36 total? That's just 23 rushing yards, and I think Knowshon had 23 in two straight carries in the 3rd quarter.

Rudeboy
11-15-2009, 10:36 PM
What pissed me off was this idiot had the nerve to actually smile... HE WAS FREAKING SMILING during the 2nd half and at the end of the freaking GAME!!!!!

BTW did anyone see the look K. Orton directed his way at the end of the game? It reminded me of the way MCD looked at our ST coach a few games back.

BlaK-Argentina
11-15-2009, 10:42 PM
What pissed me off was this idiot had the nerve to actually smile... HE WAS FREAKING SMILING during the 2nd half and at the end of the freaking GAME!!!!!

BTW did anyone see the look K. Orton directed his way at the end of the game? It reminded me of the way MCD looked at our ST coach a few games back.

I wanted to kill Simms. Still do. He seems like a good guy but he's an awful QB. Beyond awful. I think they should show little kids his tape so they can see exactly what they need to work on to avoid looking like that, ever.

Hulamau
11-15-2009, 11:53 PM

Absolutely right, Brandstater at least wants it and has a little moxie. Simms looked like he was just yukking it up to be out there.

I wanted to give Simms some benefit of the doubt going again the #1 rated pass defense in the NFL, who had their ears pinned back and were coming after him. But his body language and attitude wasn't strong at all.

He instilled ZERO confidence in the team and after the first two aborted drives ... and I blame Josh a little for trying that 40 yard 'sustained-released' Hail Mary to Marshall who by then was playing poker in the end zone with three Redskins .... after that the whole team wilted as they KNEW they were ****ed ..

Thats when the really long runs started to break Helped along by Keen Peterson getting dinged and slowed a lot and DJ lost some aggressiveness have getting that neck stinger..

The bottom line SIMMS SUCKS and its Orton, pray for favors, or Brandstater and lets see what we've got there.

Truth is we are not a very deep team, not surprising with the Dead cap money and all the rebuilding and changes this year. Josh and Mike pulled a miracle with the 6-0 start .. we can still win but not without Orton.

We also miss Ryan McBEan who is definitely stronger at the attack and in run defense than LeKevin Smith. Redskins used a lot of little traps too and our OLBs couldn't get off their blocks this afternoon something exposed in the Steelers game as well.

Never mind .... we win GOING AWAY with Orton in their today for four quarters. Really Bad luck....

Popps
11-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Don't you think that Brandstater was better right now he would move up on depth chart? Think about that for awhile.

Maybe, but it might not be so cut and dry.

Brandstater was selected as a long-term project. Simms was brought in for EXACTLY this situation, and he failed miserably.

So, before today... the natural logic of a head coach would be to start a vet, and give the team a chance to stay in games. But, when it becomes apparent that your vet has major flaws... you have to rethink that strategy.

So, you take another look at these guys and you see that Brandstater played pretty darned well in pre-season once he got his legs under him, and he's got experience playing out of the gun. Simms (to me) is a much better drop-back and play-action QB.

Again, McD is a football brain-child, so he knows best... but I'm just saying that maybe the decision isn't as clear as how the depth chart appears right now.

Popps
11-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Absolutely right, Brandstater at least wants it and has a little moxie. Simms looked like he was just yukking it up to be out there.

I wanted to give Simms some benefit of the doubt going again the #1 rated pass defense in the NFL, who had their ears pinned back and were coming after him. But his body language and attitude wasn't strong at all.

Yea, I was a little confused about what the big joke was on the sideline. We're in the midst of blowing a lead, he's in his first game in years... and he's helmet-off, cracking wise with teammates.

Not that guys shouldn't have fun, but that struck me as an odd time for comedy hour.

Then, I agree... his body language looked like that of a dude who was just plain scared to be out there.

It's pretty apparent to me why Orton won the job so quickly.

Maybe he'll bounce back, but this just looks like maybe McDaniels took a swing on a guy... and missed. It happens, even to great coaches.

Taco John
11-16-2009, 12:37 AM

That rarely bothers me. I think it's a defense mechanism when guys smile like that after a terrible performance. I'm never upset when a guy holds his head high after effing up. I'd be more upset if he was there with his head hung and dejected. Instead, Chris was still interacting with teammates on the sidelines and trying to get on the same page.

I thought it was as poor a performance as we've ever seen from a quarterback in a Broncos uniform, that's for sure. But it's one half of football, and a guy should always be given a chance to calm his nerves and rebound before the book is closed on him... at least IMO.

I think it would be a good move for Josh to give BFF a full week of preperation and see how he handles himself through the first quarter before closing the book on him.

UberBroncoMan
11-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Pathetic. Ramsey would've looked better.

Hey now lets not go that far. Ramsey was just as bad. Every appearance he would turn it over... hell he subbed in for Cutler for a mere 1-2 plays and fumbled it away.

That said I support Branstater over Simms all the way... and while Simms ****ty play has an influence IT IS NOT THE REASON.

Simms post game interview was PATHETIC. He took no responsibility for how he performed. It made me sick. No **** you didn't get a lot of reps, but you're paid to be ready, your a ****ing 7 year vet. Go **** yourself.

Popps
11-16-2009, 01:24 AM
That rarely bothers me. I think it's a defense mechanism when guys smile like that after a terrible performance. .

See, I don't think he was too far into his terrible performance, at that point.

Again, not a huge deal... but in a nail-biter like that, I just can't recall seeing QBs yuking it up on the sidelines much.

I just can't imagine there wasn't something more important he could have been doing. Like maybe practicing throwing a football.

fontaine
11-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Jamarcus Simms doesn't need to look at stills from the previous plays, or go over the upcoming plays etc. He's clearly beyond all of that.

Only loser QBs like Manning/Warner go back and look at photos on the sidelines when they do something wrong or call the assistants up in the booths.

Taco John
11-16-2009, 02:27 AM
All this Brandstater hype reminds me of the BVP days.

Ahhhh... The good ole BVP days.

B-Love
11-16-2009, 04:39 AM
It's one things to not be comfortable with the flow and a little rusty in terms of reads, etc., but when every pass you throw looks like a knuckle ball that is another thing.

How fugly were his passes yesterday.

Jamarcus Simms? That's classic!

GoBroncos DownUnder
11-16-2009, 06:17 AM
I want to see the "pump fake" stat, how many of them did Simms throw?? ;)

Maybe it would have been a good time to work on the Wild Horses package? The game was lost anyway, with Simms in there.

barryr
11-16-2009, 06:26 AM
It wasn't that long ago idiots who loved Cutler and hated Orton were telling everybody that Simms was better than Orton. Try watching football and learn something bozos.

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Chris simms sucks

TonyR
11-16-2009, 07:17 AM
... we win GOING AWAY with Orton in their today for four quarters. Really Bad luck....

You're one of my favorite posters, Hula, but the 17-14 halftime score says otherwise. This loss was about more than bad luck. You really have to look at what has happened the last 3 games. There is a clear pattern here. This team has issues and Simms poor play is being used as a crutch of denial by many. We may have won with Orton but I think it's also very possible that we wouldn't have.

chex
11-16-2009, 07:24 AM
That rarely bothers me. I think it's a defense mechanism when guys smile like that after a terrible performance. I'm never upset when a guy holds his head high after effing up. I'd be more upset if he was there with his head hung and dejected. Instead, Chris was still interacting with teammates on the sidelines and trying to get on the same page.

I thought it was as poor a performance as we've ever seen from a quarterback in a Broncos uniform, that's for sure. But it's one half of football, and a guy should always be given a chance to calm his nerves and rebound before the book is closed on him... at least IMO.

I think it would be a good move for Josh to give BFF a full week of preperation and see how he handles himself through the first quarter before closing the book on him.

I disagree. Simms is being paid an awful lot of money just for this type of situation. He let his team down with his play, or more precisely, the lack thereof. Hes not there just to put on a uniform, or fill out the roster, he is expected to at least keep the ship steady when called upon. As a backup QB, you know you are always one play away from being the man. For him to be chuckling on the sidelines and not even being upset afterwards does not sit well with me. He doesnt have to sulk like Brian Griese, but he should at least show some emotion at what the **** just happened out there.

If I was a teammate who just gave it my all out there, and saw this guy who ****ed up our chances in the second half with his piss-poor play, laugh and be merry, Id be hard pressed not to call him out. Instead of saying oh well, I screwed that up, he should be holding himself accountable for letting his team down and not living up to his expectations, and earning his ransom of a salary

oubronco
11-16-2009, 07:28 AM
I disagree. Simms is being paid an awful lot of money just for this type of situation. He let his team down with his play, or more precisely, the lack thereof. Hes not there just to put on a uniform, or fill out the roster, he is expected to at least keep the ship steady when called upon. As a backup QB, you know you are always one play away from being the man. For him to be chuckling on the sidelines and not even being upset afterwards does not sit well with me. He doesnt have to sulk like Brian Griese, but he should at least show some emotion at what the **** just happened out there.

If I was a teammate who just gave it my all out there, and saw this guy who ****ed up our chances in the second half with his piss-poor play, laugh and be merry, Id be hard pressed not to call him out. Instead of saying oh well, I screwed that up, he should be holding himself accountable for letting his team down and not living up to his expectations, and earning his ransom of a salary

well i'm afraid we might get to see what he can do next week with a week of preparation I hope he can do something but by all indications i'm not to optimistic

GoBroncos DownUnder
11-16-2009, 07:41 AM
You're one of my favorite posters, Hula, but the 17-14 halftime score says otherwise. This loss was about more than bad luck. You really have to look at what has happened the last 3 games. There is a clear pattern here. This team has issues and Simms poor play is being used as a crutch of denial by many. We may have won with Orton but I think it's also very possible that we wouldn't have.

We both agree on the (BOLD) point, there are a two trends with Denver:
- we have played FOUR teams off the bye week, THREE of them were ranked #1,2,3 in the AFC in 2008.
- we have FOLDED in the 4th quarter against the last 3 teams.

Regardless of how good our players are you CAN NOT win against teams that are fresh off the bye week FOUR weeks in a row, especially after playing your hearts out to make a statement with a 6-0 record.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 08:21 AM
We both agree on the (BOLD) point, there are a two trends with Denver:
- we have played FOUR teams off the bye week, THREE of them were ranked #1,2,3 in the AFC in 2008.
- we have FOLDED in the 4th quarter against the last 3 teams.

Regardless of how good our players are you CAN NOT win against teams that are fresh off the bye week FOUR weeks in a row, especially after playing your hearts out to make a statement with a 6-0 record.

That's BS you line up against the other team and either make the play or don't and unfortanately we haven't

GoBroncos DownUnder
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
There's no "BS" about it, we keep getting TROUNCED in the 4th qtr, and our D can't stop the run in the 4th. We got our 6 wins this year by playing a "scheming Defense", we didn't dominate any teams that mattered.

Isn't the NFL stat something like "65% of teams win after the bye week"? ??? We got our 1 win, now it's time to see how good we really are, the next 4 weeks will tell us all we need to know!

BroncoInferno
11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
All this Brandstater hype reminds me of the BVP days.

Ahhhh... The good ole BVP days.

I'm not sure if it's "hype" so much as it is never wanting to see Chris Simms line up under center for this team again.

Smiling Assassin27
11-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Orton put together a 18...yes, you read that right, 18 play drive, which kept the defense off the field to end the first half. Simms could only do that in his dreams. It's obvious that he is jittery, confused, and miserable at reading his progressions efficiently. He serves zero purpose on this team, after watching his performance. Not a single positive in his game--none. A 7.5 qb rating is unacceptable and, as someone pointed out earlier, any college qb could do that without even knowing the playbook.

Simms, it looks like you have a case for malpractice. In removing your spleen, I think they also took your heart, your brain, and your rotator cuff.

Los Broncos
11-16-2009, 11:02 AM
He couldn't throw a pea in the ocean, flat out sucks.

HEAV
11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I just don't understand what Simms was thinking... 1st down, across the 50, the play was a single reciever route (Marshall deep) and the coverage was triple! Being 1st down and seeing the coverage that was on Marshall Simms should have thrown the ball away instead of tossing it up for grabs and being 5 yards short of Marshall.

Plays like that are just football dumb.

Los Broncos
11-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I just don't understand what Simms was thinking... 1st down, across the 50, the play was a single reciever route (Marshall deep) and the coverage was triple! Being 1st down and seeing the coverage that was on Marshall Simms should have thrown the ball away instead of tossing it up for grabs and being 5 yards short of Marshall.

To far to the middle of the field was my first thought.

Should have thrown it more to the corner of the endzone.

HEAV
11-16-2009, 11:34 AM

-------------
I'd be more upset if he was there with his head hung and dejected.

So when Cutler did the exact same thing where you upset?

I just hope Orton woke up today feeling better and having a chance to play Sunday.

chex
11-16-2009, 11:35 AM

Why toss it away? If Marshall is bringing three guys down the field with him, somebody somewhere is open. Its Simms' responsibility to find him.

TailgateNut
11-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Why toss it away? If Marshall is bringing three guys down the field with him, somebody somewhere is open. Its Simms' responsibility to find him.

He was too busy doing the pump and ****ting in his pants.

SJ Bronco
11-16-2009, 11:40 AM
In a weird way (and yes I have relaxed my anger since yesterday, if I seem mellow) is the Injury to Orton maybe the best thing to happen to orton and this board all season. I mean, how many of us that thought Orton sucks balls, are begging him to play hurt next week. I mean, has an injury ever done more for a guys rep than this one. Also, maybe we are looking at this all wrong. We all give the Qb's too much credit in some systems (brady) but maybe we don't give the offense enough blame for the QB's play when they struggle. I mean, we have put two Qb's in this offense and they look freakin horrible. Maybe Brady is better than we think, or the tweaks that boy wonder has put in on HIS team may not be working. I don't think any of this (my personal opinion is this offense requires lots of prep work and those that don't do it get crushed) but just some food for discussion.

Rohirrim
11-16-2009, 11:40 AM
He seemed awfully happy about it afterwards, so he's got that going for him.

Garcia Bronco
11-16-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't even understand how you guys can address SImms by his first name...call him what he is....Phil's Simms kid, because that's how he's gotten to this point. He sucked in college...he sucks now and I am ashamed for him when he should do the right thing and turn in his playbook today.

gyldenlove
11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't even understand how you guys can address SImms by his first name...call him what he is....Phil's Simms kid, because that's how he's gotten to this point. He sucked in college...he sucks now and I am ashamed for him when he should do the right thing and turn in his playbook today.

I don't disagree with your premise, the only reservation I have is that by calling him Phil Simms kid you associate him with something positive, which is not and should not be the case.

GoBroncos DownUnder
11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Glad to see everyone (from this site) can AGREE on SOMETHING! ;)

oubronco
11-16-2009, 01:47 PM

I couldn't agree with you more but if he does start next week and lights up the chuggers then this place will flip script again and he will be a god

SJ Bronco
11-16-2009, 02:32 PM
I couldn't agree with you more but if he does start next week and lights up the chuggers then this place will flip script again and he will be a god

Hey, I don't care if YOU go out and beat the chargers while throwing for 300 and a few touches. I'll put a picture of you next to my kid in my wallet, that's how bad we need a win.

Rudeboy
11-16-2009, 06:44 PM

Aight I think I could see your point alittle bit that is.

But what about the fact that he was over there laughing it up instead of sitting on the bench looking at some Defensive Photos or on the headphones talking to a coordinator about what he just saw out there and how he could do better? Or hell he could have been trying to pump the D up to get him the ball agian, he did nothing but smile.

I could forgive the laughing and smiling never once did I see this guy trying to sit down and win this game for us. He was all smiles and zero passion, and without any care in the world it seemed about winning the game.

Hamrob
11-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Though I can't defend Simms' pathetic performance against the Skins...I believe he'll play a heck of alot better against the Bolts. He'll get all the reps in practice and McDaniels will have a better feel for calling plays that Simms feels comfortable with.

Yes, I believe we can win with Simms...but our Defense will need to do it's job. When was the last time that cornerback by the name of Champ Bailey made a pro bowl caliber play....he'll need to this week for us to have a chance at winning.

TonyR
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
This game, though, was ultimately about Denver blowing a chance to get back in the win column. It's tempting to give Simms a pass because of all that he's overcome to get back on the field. But he's one of the better paid backups in football and this is the gig.

Simms essentially ended Denver's chances of winning Sunday when he stepped on the field. Denver's front office did an unbelievable job finding cheap free agent talent this offseason, but the decision to sign Simms could transform the season.

The Broncos, now 6-3, host San Diego next week with first place in the AFC West on the line.

The team can't feel good about its chances if Simms is at quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/16/week-ten-morning-aftermath-redskins-27-broncos-17/