PDA

View Full Version : This loss hurts... a lot.

bloodsunday
11-15-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't even know where to begin... OMG. Think I'll go drink now.

The Joker
11-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Simms is so bad it defies belief.

kappys
11-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Not many teams can win with their back up at QB; guess we're the same

SoCalBronco
11-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Second half TOP wore out the defense. It would help if Simms could actually do something of value.

bloodsunday
11-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Second half TOP wore out the defense. It would help if Simms could actually do something of value.

excuses, excuses... Now we have to listen to all the NFL talking heads this week "Denver is having another late season collapse".

I can't take anymore of this s**t.

WTF did McDaniels go get Burger anyway? That was the start of this hole effing thing.

TonyR
11-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Yep, this is really bad. I hate to be so negative but this team appears to be in some trouble. Can't lose this game and we did, and looked bad doing it. I don't like our chances against the better teams left on our schedule.

bloodsunday
11-15-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't like our chances against the better teams left on our schedule.

I think that's a little dramatic. But our margin for error is GONE. We can afford zero AFC West losses at this point, including next week.

Greatspirits
11-15-2009, 01:02 PM
We'll be lucky to finish 8-8!

Ambiguous
11-15-2009, 01:03 PM
I think that's a little dramatic. But our margin for error is GONE. We can afford zero AFC West losses at this point, including next week.

I don't even want to watch that game.

Bronx33
We just needed basic football skills from simms basic!!!!!

Dagmar
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mEKQGbVs5y0/Sd__8kVH86I/AAAAAAAAA1M/RP0KKr3JqaY/s400/if_you_drink_dont_post.png

Dagmar
11-15-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm just kidding, I plan on mucho drunko posto later tonight!

Jekyll15Hyde
11-15-2009, 01:05 PM

I dont think so. I am worried about every game minus KC(2) and OAK.

yhova
The season ended today.

Over.

SD, Giants, Indy....all losses.

SonOfLe-loLang
We needed that game. If Orton stays in, im sure we pull it out. No margin for error now.

I honestly think we're done.

I'm not blaming coaching on this loss. This was a complete player **** up. 100 percent.

Broncomutt
11-15-2009, 01:07 PM
We were all waiting breathlessly to see what would happen when the team started to face a little adversity.

This is it.

NFLBRONCO
11-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Most of you picked 6 or less wins and we are losing it over a 3 game slide. This team is weak all over did we lose that being 6-0???????? Any win is gravy this team has long way to go.

Gort
11-15-2009, 01:12 PM
yep. the season is over. they won't win the West. even if they somehow get a WC berth, it's one and done. i'm off the McD bandwagon. he now has to prove to me that the first 6 games were more than lucky bounces and lucky breaks. i am so sick of this team going through lengthy losing streaks every goddamned year. this franchise used to have a solid history of winning. that's all in the past now. all of these players need to show the fanbase that they care as much about winning and competing as they do about cashing paychecks. 3 straight losses off a bye says some bad things about the coaching as well. i don't know where this train went off the tracks, but it's off the tracks and barring some miracle, we're going to get stomped by a rejuvenated SD team next week. ugh.

Ramathorn
11-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Im just glad I saved the money and didnt go to this laugher. If it were not for 2 huge blown coverages by washington, we would have only scored 3 points. WE SUCK

AbileneBroncoFan
11-15-2009, 01:18 PM
yep. the season is over. they won't win the West. even if they somehow get a WC berth, it's one and done. i'm off the McD bandwagon. he now has to prove to me that the first 6 games were more than lucky bounces and lucky breaks. i am so sick of this team going through lengthy losing streaks every goddamned year. this franchise used to have a solid history of winning. that's all in the past now. all of these players need to show the fanbase that they care as much about winning and competing as they do about cashing paychecks. 3 straight losses off a bye says some bad things about the coaching as well. i don't know where this train went off the tracks, but it's off the tracks and barring some miracle, we're going to get stomped by a rejuvenated SD team next week. ugh.

Vince Lombardi could not have won with Chris Simms at QB. The gameplan was being executed well with Orton. 2 long TDs, just missed another against the number 1 pass D in the league. Defense had only given up 7. The other 7 came on a flukey (but dang cool) special teams pass. No doubt in my mind we win this game 31-14 or worse if Orton is not injured. Coaching has little to do with a QB going 3/13 for 13 yards in a half. If he can't complete a 3 yard screen he can't complete anything in the playbook.

oubronco
11-15-2009, 01:24 PM
we are too old in the secondary and it shows

Gort
11-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Vince Lombardi could not have won with Chris Simms at QB. The gameplan was being executed well with Orton. 2 long TDs, just missed another against the number 1 pass D in the league. Defense had only given up 7. The other 7 came on a flukey (but dang cool) special teams pass. No doubt in my mind we win this game 31-14 or worse if Orton is not injured. Coaching has little to do with a QB going 3/13 for 13 yards in a half. If he can't complete a 3 yard screen he can't complete anything in the playbook.

coaching is responsible for having the #2 QB ready to step in if needed. that's coaching failure. Simms sucked badly. i get that. Orton was having a good game. i get that too. but ever since that fake FG/Punt/Pass which took 41 seconds to unfold and yet no Bronco could call a TO, get to the punter, or cover the receiver, the game went downhill. coaching needs to stop that from happening. i'm tired of cliches. i'm tired of moral victories. you cannot lose to a 2-6 WAS team if you have any notions of being playoff caliber. you just cannot. that's coaching failure.

Kaylore
11-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Count me as one of the ones who lost all hope today. Especially if Orton is done for the next several games. I would rather go play QB myself than watch Simms dick around the rest of the season. We're a team that seems to have peaked early and isn't going to get any better. I hope they let Brandstater play instead of Simms because at least Brandstater is accurate and he'll make just as many mistakes.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Count me as one of the ones who lost all hope today. Especially if Orton is done for the next several games. I would rather go play QB myself than watch Simms dick around the rest of the season. We're a team that seems to have peaked early and isn't going to get any better. I hope they let Brandstater play instead of Simms because at Brandstater is accurate and he'll make just as many mistakes.

I agree. I hope we can turn it around, but I think we're done. With or without Orton to be honest. The defense was holding the team together and now its become average.

We're done

NFLBRONCO
11-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Our team is not strong or good enough yet geez guys. I hate this loss but, when you get overpowered and can't stop the run. Being weak at QB NT and our secondary looks old. All we can hope is to get better and collect any win we can right now. It will take McD a few years to rebuild Shanny's mess.

TonyR
11-15-2009, 01:29 PM
I think that's a little dramatic.

Why? What have you seen the last 3 weeks that gives you confidence against SD, Philly, NYG, and Indy? I'm going to keep pulling for this team but I think we're in trouble. Time to reel in the expectations.

AbileneBroncoFan
11-15-2009, 01:33 PM
coaching is responsible for having the #2 QB ready to step in if needed. that's coaching failure. Simms sucked badly. i get that. Orton was having a good game. i get that too. but ever since that fake FG/Punt/Pass which took 41 seconds to unfold and yet no Bronco could call a TO, get to the punter, or cover the receiver, the game went downhill. coaching needs to stop that from happening. i'm tired of cliches. i'm tired of moral victories. you cannot lose to a 2-6 WAS team if you have any notions of being playoff caliber. you just cannot. that's coaching failure.

We do need a new special teams coach. Our special teams are hideous. But do you really think that the Indianapolis Colts would be in very good shape if Peyton Manning went down? Quarterback is the most important position in the game. There aren't that many good starters in the NFL, much less backups. I agree that we need to be able to find a backup, but remember, our first priority this offseason was to find a starter. Fact of the matter is we were carving up their secondary (which is actually one of the better secondaries in the NFL) in the first half, and we managed only 13 yards in the 2nd. Maybe McDaniels should have put Brandstater in. But at the end of the day if Chris Simms can't execute a screen play, that has little to do with McDaniels. There are some things QBs should be able to do just by stepping on to the field. Simms cannot do those things.

Gort
11-15-2009, 01:44 PM
We do need a new special teams coach. Our special teams are hideous. But do you really think that the Indianapolis Colts would be in very good shape if Peyton Manning went down? Quarterback is the most important position in the game. There aren't that many good starters in the NFL, much less backups. I agree that we need to be able to find a backup, but remember, our first priority this offseason was to find a starter. Fact of the matter is we were carving up their secondary (which is actually one of the better secondaries in the NFL) in the first half, and we managed only 13 yards in the 2nd. Maybe McDaniels should have put Brandstater in. But at the end of the day if Chris Simms can't execute a screen play, that has little to do with McDaniels. There are some things QBs should be able to do just by stepping on to the field. Simms cannot do those things.

Dave Logan said on KOA that Simms hardly took any snaps this week. as the #2 QB he needs to be ready to play if needed. he wasn't. that's McD's fault. there is something fundamentally wrong with this offense. we all see it and have seen it for most of the season. McD is the boy genius OC from the NE team that went 16-0 and destroyed opponents. how is it that our O is so bad? coaching failure. gameplan failure. playcalling failure. he's got time to fix the problems in 2010 and beyond, but right now, i'm incredibly disappointed that we've squandered a 6-0 start. you don't get those very often. 6-0 becomes 6-3 and before you know it, we're 8-8 and watching the playoffs on TV again. it also affects your players. the young players on the team need to get used to a culture of winning. what's happened in the last 3.5 yuears in Denver has not been a culture of winning. i want McD to put an end to that, not add to it. he's got time to fix it all. but i'm still disapppointed in the last month of so of Broncos football.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Dave Logan said on KOA that Simms hardly took any snaps this week. as the #2 QB he needs to be ready to play if needed. he wasn't. that's McD's fault. there is something fundamentally wrong with this offense. we all see it and have seen it for most of the season. McD is the boy genius OC from the NE team that went 16-0 and destroyed opponents. how is it that our O is so bad? coaching failure. gameplan failure. playcalling failure. he's got time to fix the problems in 2010 and beyond, but right now, i'm incredibly disappointed that we've squandered a 6-0 start. you don't get those very often. 6-0 becomes 6-3 and before you know it, we're 8-8 and watching the playoffs on TV again. it also affects your players. the young players on the team need to get used to a culture of winning. what's happened in the last 3.5 yuears in Denver has not been a culture of winning. i want McD to put an end to that, not add to it. he's got time to fix it all. but i'm still disapppointed in the last month of so of Broncos football.

Back ups usually dont take many snaps. And i sincerely doubt a few extra snaps in practice would have made a hell of a difference in his play. He was horrible, epically bad

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 01:53 PM
I lost confidence in Mcd.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Even Chiefs won a game against Redskins

Gort
11-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Back ups usually dont take many snaps. And i sincerely doubt a few extra snaps in practice would have made a hell of a difference in his play. He was horrible, epically bad

they have to take enough snaps to know the plays and have a feel for the gameplan. if not, it's a failure of preparation.

Durango
11-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I am among those who were doom and gloom before the season. 7-9, 6-10 at best was my thinking. 5-11 or worse wasn't out of the realm of possibility given all the moves and, in my opinion, draft gaff that were made.

Now, as odd as it seems to even me, I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. Yes, losing to Washington carries about the same stigma as wetting your pants in a public place, but I think today, and last week for that matter, has as much to do with predictability as it does to poor play or Ortons' injury, not to mention some outrageously bad officiating.

No-one had any film on Denver before the season started, and the defense was greatly improved. Now, there's plenty of tape and McDaniels is still doing the same things for the most part. The good ones learn and change up, and I expect McDaniels will do that as he showed in spurts today by going long early. I couldn't even imagine a loss to Washington even when I thought the Broncos would win 5-6-7 games all season, but there is enough talent here to beat a San Diego, or Indy, or New York or Philly. Don't forget the Raiders beat the Eagles. Good God.

So the Broncos won't be 12 and 4, or probably not 11-5, but there's still a very good liklihood we can crank out 10 wins, and i just don't think San Diego is any all-star contender, so the division is still very much within reach. It really is. My two cents. Everyone can go back to your heavy drinking now.

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2009, 02:11 PM
they have to take enough snaps to know the plays and have a feel for the gameplan. if not, it's a failure of preparation.

After the last 2 weeks, Orton and the offense needed as much time practicing as possible.

Hulamau
11-15-2009, 02:16 PM
excuses, excuses... Now we have to listen to all the NFL talking heads this week "Denver is having another late season collapse".

I can't take anymore of this s**t.

WTF did McDaniels go get Burger anyway? That was the start of this hole effing thing.

Take a Chill pill and stay away from Sports TV and message boards until youy see we get a W. That will fix ya :-)

Hulamau
11-15-2009, 02:23 PM
This was a simple equation.

We aresimply not good enough to win unless we have some balance for 60 minutes. Certainly not against teams with decent defenses. The last three games have had really good defenses.

If Orton doesn't get injured we win this game 34 -17 at least! We've run into terrible luck the last three weeks after having a four leaf clover in the pocket the fist 6 games.

You could see the Defense wilt a bit after Simms first two possessions and it was clear no more points were likely to be scored by the offsence. So we got a repeat of the last two weeks.

Bottomline, if ORton cant play Nexis week I say we go with Brandstater and see if the kid can do what he did against Arizonas first team defense in PS? He's had two more month to learn. Give the kid the bulk of the reps and let er rip!

Somehow we have to play next week at home like the Ravens did to us after their 3 game slide. With do or die passion and focus the WHOLE game.

go_broncos
11-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Last time we won a game is on 12th Oct..Its more than a month now..

Will we win a game this season???

BroncoBuff
11-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Last time we won a game is on 12th Oct..Its more than a month now.

Ouch.