PDA

View Full Version : So Orton has a weak arm...

HEAV
11-15-2009, 11:33 AM
He can't throw deep, not the strentgh, not the gun, Cutler would have .......:wave:

Doggcow
11-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, Cutler totally would have thrown it 20 yards deep on Marshall and he would have laid out and made a spectacular play!

Orton's TD's are just too easy, not exciting at all.

hades
11-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I wasn't able to se it, how far did he toss the rock? I saw it was a 75 yard TD to Marshall!

frerottenextelway
11-15-2009, 11:41 AM
I wasn't able to se it, how far did he toss the rock? I saw it was a 75 yard TD to Marshall!

50 yards on a blown coverage.

Beantown Bronco

w/o replaying them yet, I'd guess 30 yards in the air on one, 45 or so on the other.

Looked like he slightly underthrew each on purpose to play it safe, but very nice nonetheless.

bombay
He's thrown it 40 yards or so for the two Marshall touchdowns. Marshall was so open that he was able to break stride a little on both catches and pull them in.

hades
11-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Sweet! Thx for the info guys!

HEAV
11-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Orton over threw Royal...

Jekyll15Hyde
11-15-2009, 12:32 PM
2nd TD to BM was 53 in the air

frerottenextelway
11-15-2009, 12:35 PM
His bullet to Scheff late in the half would make a stronger case for his arm than a lob pass on a blown coverage.

tsiguy96
one to royal was about 50 as well, just overthrown by about 5 yards.

elsid13
Arm strength isn't about throwing deep. Throwing deep is about the release point. Arm strength in the NFL is about the ability to hit 15 yard out on line to the opposite side of the field. Orton can not do that.

Bronco Bob
11-15-2009, 12:36 PM
He can't throw deep, not the strentgh, not the gun, Cutler would have .......:wave:

If it were Cutler, Marshall would have had an 85 yard TD. :wiggle:

Broncos_OTM
11-15-2009, 12:37 PM
w/o replaying them yet, I'd guess 30 yards in the air on one, 45 or so on the other.

Looked like he slightly underthrew each on purpose to play it safe, but very nice nonetheless.

play it safe???? dude there was NOONE around on either TD. the first one was a tad bit underthrown. the second hit him just about perfectly. a TAD bit underthrown maybe.

Broncos_OTM
11-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Arm strength isn't about throwing deep. Throwing deep is about the release point. Arm strength in the NFL is about the ability to hit 15 yard out on line to the opposite side of the field. Orton can not do that.

dude your are over thinking it and failing. Both REQUIRE arm strength.

bronco militia
11-15-2009, 12:58 PM
orton has a big windup and is not very accurate on deep throws

elsid13
11-15-2009, 01:10 PM
dude your are over thinking it and failing. Both REQUIRE arm strength.

I am not. When scouts talk about arm strength they talk about the deep outs, not the shots down the field.

Broncos4tw
11-15-2009, 01:13 PM
He doesn't have a weak arm. But they have not called a lot of deep passes this year, that's not fiction, that's a fact. Why? Well, from some of the passes after the two blown coverage receptions, I'd say it's what I've seen in some of his shorter passes as well. He has a tendency to throw into double and even triple coverage. Once he zeroes in on someone, he is going to throw it no matter what.

Unless of course, our offensive playcallers are just stupid. I sort of doubt that.

worm
11-15-2009, 01:14 PM
A weak arm on Orton is the most mis-informed, mis-quoted garbage that is spewed here. The question was never his arm strength....it was his deep ball accuracy.

kappys
11-15-2009, 01:27 PM
A weak arm on Orton is the most mis-informed, mis-quoted garbage that is spewed here. The question was never his arm strength....it was his deep ball accuracy.

Which was shown to some extend on the 3 deep balls. Fortunately he underthrew Marshall a bit and if he did the same to Eddie would have been a 3rd TD.

chex
11-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Simms can throw those deep picks as good as the best of em!

The Joker
11-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't care if he has no arms, he's better than Simms.

Taco John
11-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Orton throw like Elway compared to Simms

Popps
11-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Orton throw like Elway compared to Simms

This game should have opened a lot of people's eyes with regards to how lucky we are to have Orton behind center.

Instead, you've got BPC on another thread trying to BLAME HIM FOR THE LOSS.
(Honestly, I'm not kidding. Check it out.)

Orton easily wins this game if he stays in. I doubt it would have been close. Simms is an utter disaster. I'm sure he's a great guy, and that's good. He simply can't ever see game-time again.

Taco John
11-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't know if we win this game "easily" with Orton in, but I sure like him better than Simms. Nothing seems to be easy for the post bye-week Broncos.

I can't think of a worse performance in a Broncos jersey by a quarterback off the top of my head. That was truly, truly pathetic.

bpc
11-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Orton bj'd the Royal throw who was open by 15 yds. If we're up by that margin, Washington probably can't keep rushing the ball as they were, right down our throats.

Our QB situation is a travesty and the major reason why we've lost 3 straight.

colonelbeef
11-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Both were slightly underthrown, but he is a professional QB, he had better be able to throw it 50 yards, most decent high school Qbs can throw it 50 yards

His arm strength, and in particular, his slow delivery, lack of maneuverability (no skill @ throwing on the move) and inability to hit crossing routes in stride is a detriment, but he can hit his throws when he has a pocket to stand in, isn't afraid to take a hit, and he usually makes the correct reads. He is the best QB on the team currently, and he has to be healthy if the Broncos are to make any kind of playoff push at all.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-15-2009, 02:24 PM

The second TD was over 53 yards in the air... on the money. Orton was on the 17 when he released the ball, and Marshall caught it on the 30. The hypotenuse was not calculated, but would be longer than the distance between the 17 and 30. So there.

colonelbeef
11-15-2009, 02:24 PM
This game should have opened a lot of people's eyes with regards to how lucky we are to have Orton behind center.

Instead, you've got BPC on another thread trying to BLAME HIM FOR THE LOSS.
(Honestly, I'm not kidding. Check it out.)

Orton easily wins this game if he stays in. I doubt it would have been close. Simms is an utter disaster. I'm sure he's a great guy, and that's good. He simply can't ever see game-time again.

Lucky to have the 17th best Qb in the league under center?

This team has won on the back of the defense, and as usual, you're totally lost if you think this team wins because of Kyle Orton. Kyle Orton had been "not-losing" games (aside form the Cowboys game for the most part) while the defense has flat out been winning them. Last 3 games the defense has slid, and guess what? All 3 have been losses.

Poops, please accept reality. This team is worse off offensively this year, and it's mostly because of the QBs on the roster. Same team, different QB, less yards and points. Not a coincidence.

oubronco
11-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Both were slightly underthrown, but he is a professional QB, he had better be able to throw it 50 yards, most decent high school Qbs can throw it 50 yards

His arm strength, and in particular, his slow delivery, lack of maneuverability (no skill @ throwing on the move) and inability to hit crossing routes in stride is a detriment, but he can hit his throws when he has a pocket to stand in, isn't afraid to take a hit, and he usually makes the correct reads. He is the best QB on the team currently, and he has to be healthy if the Broncos are to make any kind of playoff push at all.

sorry dude but this team isn't strong enough for the playoffs