PDA

View Full Version : 14-10 in the 3rd

ZONA
11-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Looking back at the Steelers game, one thing jumps out at you. Though many would think we played a bad game all the way through, and I am one of them, the score was still only 14-10 at the end of the 3rd QTR. For not playing that well and playing the world champs, being only down 4 points at the end of 3 isn't all that bad. Things got sloppy for us in the 4th and that's unfortunate but I think we can hang with them if we had to play them again.

Broncomutt
11-13-2009, 09:45 PM
I have been impressed wiith our defense in both our losses. IMHO they were abandoned by the offense and special teams on both occasions.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-13-2009, 09:58 PM
I have been impressed wiith our defense in both our losses. IMHO they were abandoned by the offense and special teams on both occasions.

absolutely agree

DarkHorse
11-13-2009, 10:08 PM

This is 100% correct -no arguing this.

snowspot66
11-13-2009, 10:58 PM
In both the past two games we could have realistically been in the lead late in the third quarter even as poor as the blocking had been and the resulting poor showing in the run and passing game.

Kaylore
11-13-2009, 11:16 PM
We need all three phases to play 60 minutes. We might still lose, but we'll be in every game once we do that.

Popps
11-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I think 7 times out of 10, Pittsburgh beats us. Maybe 6 out of 10 - Baltimore beats us.

We could have won either game, but probably just faced better teams. That's fine. We get to see where we are, and what we need to do to improve.

The good news is, we were in both of these games and you can see scenarios that could have played out with us winning. Baltimore won't play like that every week, and even Pittsburgh will come down to earth.

Still, we just have a way to go. No problem. We're on our way.

bpc
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Man, if Orton brings anything to the party, we have a chance to win with this defense every week.

We were down what, 0-6 at halftime against Baltimore? 3-7 against Pittsburgh?

Orton better start bringing his A game over the next couple weeks.

BigPlayShay
11-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Man, if Orton brings anything to the party, we have a chance to win with this defense every week.

Along with the run game, and kicking game...

ZONA
11-14-2009, 12:06 AM

That's what I mean. We were in these games and just a few bad 4th quarters did us in.

The end result blowouts make it look as if we just didn't show up at all.

I think if we had Harris for these past 2 games, it would have really helped some. Next year if we can find us a large bad ass LG, this line will be much better equipped to handle these physical fronts we've seen the last few weeks.

Archer81
11-14-2009, 12:16 AM

Berger kills me. Was Kern really THAT bad? I'd rather have a young guy with a great leg that can at least get the ball out of our own territory then a geriatric who has great directional kicks that go 25 yards.

:Broncos:

Archer81
11-14-2009, 12:18 AM
That's what I mean. We were in these games and just a few bad 4th quarters did us in.

The end result blowouts make it look as if we just didn't show up at all.

I think if we had Harris for these past 2 games, it would have really helped some. Next year if we can find us a large bad ass LG, this line will be much better equipped to handle these physical fronts we've seen the last few weeks.

Wierd stat on MNF. Broncos held the ball 20 minutes in the first half...Steelers had the ball for 22 minutes in the 2nd. Offense generates anything in the 2nd half, the game is different. They need to pick it up.

:Broncos:

watermock
11-14-2009, 12:30 AM
We have Kern and we might of won.

If we had used Graham properly, Denver could of won both games.

There was NO adjustment to help Hamilton all game, either from a fullback or TE/HB.

We kept running out of the shotgun or under center, where Neckbeard would give the poorest PA of all time. I mean, why bother.

Pittsburg pushed the A gap all night. We never adjusted.

watermock
11-14-2009, 12:39 AM
Berger kills me. Was Kern really THAT bad? I'd rather have a young guy with a great leg that can at least get the ball out of our own territory then a geriatric who has great directional kicks that go 25 yards.

No, that's why he was picked up.

You tell Kern to get more hang time untill you get the coverage.

!st time I've seen a punter cut for outkicking his coverage.

Second, his hang time was good.It's not like he was booting simply for yardage. I saw ONE punt that outkicked coverage.

I bet the ST coach blamed him. Booger SUCKS.

Get used to a stubborn coach.

CEH
11-14-2009, 09:09 AM

Good point I think if Denver ran for 160 Mon night instead of Pitts Denver wins the game. We also has 2 opportunities in the first half to flip the field and failed both time. That was very disappointing. Our D was dominating the first half and our O was doing enough to shorten the field and Berger was just an EPIC failure not to mention BHam holding penalty on 4th down nullifying a 1st down inside the Pitts 30

spdirty
11-14-2009, 09:37 AM
I look at it as their offense outscored our defense 14-7. Which is great for our D, all our O has to do is outscore their D by 10. But through turnovers our O was outscored by their D 14-3. So our O sucked dick.

But its over. Gotta worry bout Washington now.

lex
11-14-2009, 09:42 AM
We need all three phases to play 60 minutes. We might still lose, but we'll be in every game once we do that.

Thats really going out on a limb.

TonyR
11-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Wierd stat on MNF. Broncos held the ball 20 minutes in the first half...

Yep, we dominated the first half but came away down 7-3. Didn't sustain drives, didn't make enough plays, didn't get any breaks.

watermock
11-14-2009, 10:24 AM
I look at it as their offense outscored our defense 14-7. Which is great for our D, all our O has to do is outscore their D by 10. But through turnovers our O was outscored by their D 14-3. So our O sucked dick.

Don't worry about that, the Cutler haters are busy in a circle jerk.

barryr
11-14-2009, 10:58 AM
The Steelers are just a better team, so losing to them is no shock. They have been better than the Broncos for a few years now. People forget that McDaniels just did a rebuild job and compared to the jobs being done in Tampa, the Rams, the Chiefs among others with new coaches, I think things aren't too bad.

loborugger
11-14-2009, 11:09 AM

No doubt. The D came up with 2 turnovers in the 3rd, scored the TD, basically took points off the board with the 2nd turnover, and the O really layed an egg. They couldnt even put together a drive. At that point, they just needed a drive to eat up the clock, give our D some rest and gain back the momentum.

missingnumber7
11-14-2009, 12:38 PM
No, that's why he was picked up.

You tell Kern to get more hang time untill you get the coverage.

!st time I've seen a punter cut for outkicking his coverage.

Second, his hang time was good.It's not like he was booting simply for yardage. I saw ONE punt that outkicked coverage.

I bet the ST coach blamed him. Booger SUCKS.

Get used to a stubborn coach.

So the punter had everything to do with the defense being on the field 2/3 of the second half? Had nothing to do with the offense not being able to get a first down, Orton not being able to throw more than a 8 yard pass? Berger may not be the best punter but at least he won't punt it to a compitent return man repeatedly...see broncos v bears 2008 hesters punt returns see broncos v chargers 2009 sproles punt return.

Bronx33
11-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I think maybe MCDs rookieness may take alot of the blame in these two loses, bland unimaginative play calling killed drive after drive unfortunatley this is part of the territory with a new young headcoach hopefully we see MCD live and learn and get better the rest of the season.

Go Broncos!

DenverBrit
11-14-2009, 01:24 PM
The middle of the offensive line couldn't handle Baltimore or the Steeler's Defensive fronts.

Tough to put up points when the line of scrimmage is owned by the other team.

HEAV
11-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Running game, undersized O-line (for the blocking scheme) in today NFL and zero big plays from the wideout slots.

missingnumber7
11-14-2009, 02:11 PM
I think maybe MCDs rookieness may take alot of the blame in these two loses, bland unimaginative play calling killed drive after drive unfortunatley this is part of the territory with a new young headcoach hopefully we see MCD live and learn and get better the rest of the season.

Go Broncos!

Thank you someone else who sees the same thing. I don't see a rhythm to the play calling. I thought in was coming around, but in the second half of the Stiller game it almost looked like he was waving the white flag. I wonder how much of it is the coach and how much of it is dumbing down of the play book and calls that he can have because of the players or at a minimum the QB.

snowspot66
11-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Thank you someone else who sees the same thing. I don't see a rhythm to the play calling. I thought in was coming around, but in the second half of the Stiller game it almost looked like he was waving the white flag. I wonder how much of it is the coach and how much of it is dumbing down of the play book and calls that he can have because of the players or at a minimum the QB.

Lack of a good run game.

We don't have the blocking right now.

rastaman
11-14-2009, 04:28 PM

Agreed. The Defense has kept Denver in all 8 of their games this season thus far. The only problem here is I believe the D is starting to wear down b/c they are out on the field so much b/c the Offense can't sustain drives and can't pick up 3rd downs. So the Broncos offense is 3 downs and punt.....and the Defense finds themselves right back out on the field. By the 4th Qtr at least for the last two games the Ravens and Steelers were able to exploit Denvers tired defense for 14 plus points. Hopefully the offense over the next 8 games can get going and move the ball with some consistency and additional scoring to give Defense some rest down the stretch.