PDA

View Full Version : Article: Who's giving up the most sacks?

PRBronco
11-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Just came across this page from SI: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/11/13/between-the-lines-whos-allowing-the-most-sacks/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

Kind of interesting. Hamilton has allowed the most for us, followed by Harris, but both are fairly far down the list, and both gave over 3 seconds to throw the ball on average.

Smiling Assassin27
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Aaron Rodgers would give his left nut to have ben at G.

PRBronco
11-13-2009, 01:47 PM
It shows Kuper has given up 2 sacks.

Oh balls, haha sorry, didn't see him there, editing!

BroncoBuff
11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Knowshon and Hochstein have each given up one sack.

Steve Prefontaine
11-13-2009, 01:54 PM
If only Orton had more time to throw, he'd start looking downfield more.

BroncoBuff
11-13-2009, 01:55 PM

I don't get it.

Steve Prefontaine
11-13-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't get it.
Sorry, it was sarcasm.

I think the o-line has done a pretty good job this year in pass protection. The only games they really struggled is the past 2, and there's no shame in that vs Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

BroncoBuff
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Sorry, it was sarcasm.

I think the o-line has done a pretty good job this year in pass protection. The only games they really struggled is the past 2, and there's no shame in that vs Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

How did Polumbus look? I was at a bar, couldn't really isolate.

Steve Prefontaine
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
How did Polumbus look? I was at a bar, couldn't really isolate.
I don't know if he let up any sacks, but I thought Polumbus had a solid game vs the Steelers. The entire line sucked as a hole opening any running lanes.

PRBronco
11-13-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't know if he let up any sacks, but I thought Polumbus had a solid game vs the Steelers. The entire line sucked as a hole opening any running lanes.

I know they showed one replay where Woodley pushed him back pretty well, but other than I didn't notice him, which is good. And Woodley's a good player in his own right. All in all it was encouraging.

BigPlayShay
11-13-2009, 03:04 PM

Uh, just because he hasn't been sacked a ridiculous amount doesn't mean he has tons of time. These are sack statistics, not taking into account pressures given up.

mr007
11-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Uh, just because he hasn't been sacked a ridiculous amount doesn't mean he has tons of time. These are sack statistics, not taking into account pressures given up.

yeah because Orton is frequently able to avoid the pressure and get rid of the ball, unlike his more mobile and aware counterparts.::)

BigPlayShay
11-13-2009, 03:22 PM
yeah because Orton is frequently able to avoid the pressure and get rid of the ball, unlike his more mobile and aware counterparts.::)

He has thrown the ball away to avoid pressure several times. He has also completed several balls while taking shots right after or while throwing. Now, I am not blaming the pass pro for the lack of a vertical game. The poor running game is more of an issue. Our play action is not being respected becuase we are having trouble running the ball.

Steve Prefontaine
11-13-2009, 03:32 PM

Uh, you wrongly assumed my post was purely referencing the number of sacks given up. Look at the median time per sack. In most games Orton has had ample pass pro.

Ambiguous
11-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Before I click... Is there anything about Cutler in there? Don't want to waste my time if not.

Rausch 2.0
11-13-2009, 03:41 PM
**** yeah!

KC only has one guy in the top 10!

BigPlayShay
11-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Uh, you wrongly assumed my post was purely referencing the number of sacks given up. Look at the median time per sack. In most games Orton has had ample pass pro.

He has not had great time the past 2 games where we have had a combined 33 carries for 93 yards, a 2.8 average.

broncolife
11-13-2009, 04:41 PM
He has not had great time the past 2 games where we have had a combined 33 carries for 93 yards, a 2,8 average.

We had no vertical game before those 2 games.So pass protection and running game have nothing to do with it. We play safe ball and are afraid to attack the other teams D.

Eldorado
11-13-2009, 04:44 PM
This thread makes no ****ing sense whatsoever and I don't think it's the OP's fault.

snowspot66
11-13-2009, 06:21 PM
We had no vertical game before those 2 games.So pass protection and running game have nothing to do with it. We play safe ball and are afraid to attack the other teams D.

Teams don't have to respect our run game. They know they can blow up the middle with just their front. They can do what they want with their safeties. I doubt we've even had many open receivers on deep routes since the first few games. Games when Orton had his glove and a dinged up finger still.

The deep ball isn't the problem. That's just flash. Until we get a consistent run game going we're going to have problems. Broncos fans above all fans should understand what the difference between having a run game and lacking one results in.

We had a run game with Plummer and had decent scoring offenses and nobody can say that he was a great deep ball threat with superior accuracy and a cannon for an arm. If we get the run game going this offense is going places. Teams will have to respect it. The passing game will be more open and we'll convert more on third downs. How many times have we been a yard or two short after Orton completes a third down pass? Quite a few. How many times were those passes preceded by a run or two with poor blocking? Almost every one.