PDA

View Full Version : Why does Cutler get so many excuses for his INT's?

The MVPlaya
11-13-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm reading around on Bears forums, on TV, etc...WTF is up with the excuses? I don't think any other QB got that type of luxury of INTs not being his fault.

Some people say 3 ints were not his fault? Really? What kind of expectations do you put on a QB when you can't even hold him accountable?

Int 1 - His fault

Int 2 - This is the ONLY one where there is a legitimate argument.

Int 3 - His fault - he threw it - he didn't have to. Just like Orton's INT TD... it's not Orton's fault! The NT and REF blocked his route! Please.

Int 4 - No PI, the defender made a great play on the ball... there is NO PI when you're going for the ball like that. Int is Cutler's fault, he threw the damn ball.

Int 5 - Nuff said.

DenverBound
11-13-2009, 12:48 AM
They're all brainwashed.

Williams
11-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Bear fans want to believe they have a franchise QB, so they rationalize.

I'd just like to add... Cutler threw more picks tonight than Orton has thrown all season.

Pick Six
11-13-2009, 01:03 AM
But...But...Devin Hester FELL DOWN! :P

BroncoMan4ever
11-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Bear fans want to believe they have a franchise QB, so they rationalize.

I'd just like to add... Cutler threw more picks tonight than Orton has thrown all season.

yet many who post here will still b**** and moan about how much better we would have been with Cutler still here and Orton in Chicago.

also, you can't really fault Bears fans, almost all of us did the same thing for the guy when he played here, rationalizing because of the potential he possessed

Popps
11-13-2009, 01:19 AM
yet many who post here will still b**** and moan about how much better we would have been with Cutler still here and Orton in Chicago.

also, you can't really fault Bears fans, almost all of us did the same thing for the guy when he played here, rationalizing because of the potential he possessed

Well, they were wrong... they were told they were wrong, and now they're an endangered species around here.

Cutler's s#it play is excused because he has a strong arm... and because he was lucky enough to be drafted into a Mike Shanahan system, which allowed him to put up some yardage and look a lot better than he really is. (As you can tell by his results in another system.)

Had Cutler been drafted by the Lions... he'd be riding the bench and Culpepper would be starting over him.

But, people are entranced by that "rocket" arm, and even those that should know better... make silly excuses for him.

Good lord, the guy's mechanics are awful. I've been talking about that since his rookie season.

BroncoMan4ever
11-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Well, they were wrong... they were told they were wrong, and now they're an endangered species around here.

Cutler's s#it play is excused because he has a strong arm... and because he was lucky enough to be drafted into a Mike Shanahan system, which allowed him to put up some yardage and look a lot better than he really is. (As you can tell by his results in another system.)

Had Cutler been drafted by the Lions... he'd be riding the bench and Culpepper would be starting over him.

But, people are entranced by that "rocket" arm, and even those that should know better... make silly excuses for him.

Good lord, the guy's mechanics are awful. I've been talking about that since his rookie season.

worst thing about Cutler is he seems to be basically uncoachable. since he came in as a rookie, he is still making the same stupid mistakes. he never learns from his mistakes. he hasn't matured at all.

Archer81
11-13-2009, 01:28 AM
I used to think Cutler would have done well here if he stayed with McDaniels...but its easier now to look at the guy and see the very obvious flaws in his game. The dude just does not react well to pressure. Its awesome he had 307 yards passing...his team put up 6 points. Aside from the 5 picks, he had at least 3 more that could have been picked, and his mechanics are ridiculously horrid.

The excuse from Chicago is he needs better weapons, in Denver he had a probowl year...but he did the same things here. He still led the NFL in redzone picks, he folded in primetime or big time games and his mechanics were poor. Of course they were not as bad as they are in Chicago, but how many times can a fool throw off his backfoot?

So it boils down to this...Jay is a franchise QB who needs every facet of the team to be SB caliber or he doesnt win...and how the ****nuts is that a franchise QB?

:Broncos:

Play2win
11-13-2009, 01:34 AM
5 picks are you serious?!?

Jay Cutler's 5 picks = #5 pick in the draft next year (OURS!!!)

Atwater His Ass
11-13-2009, 01:44 AM
The fact that you guys keep making these threads is hilarious.

Popps
11-13-2009, 01:55 AM

I know, it's hysterical.

:thumbs:

UberBroncoMan
11-13-2009, 02:00 AM
It's just typical Chicago mass media brainwashing.

They want to rationalize that everything they gave up for Cutler (their future) was worth it.

The only for reason this move was to excite the fan base. ZOMG a franchise QB! We finally have one!... and the tears start flowing. You'd have to be an idiot GM to address QB now and forfeit so much in the future with so many other glaring needs. They needed a game manager during this time, not a gunslinger. Stupidity abounds in their front office.

Fans etc need to lie to themselves to feel better. Cutler ignoring Bowlen is looking like the stupidest thing he could have done for his career.

hambone13
11-13-2009, 02:07 AM
It's just typical Chicago mass media brainwashing.

They want to rationalize that everything they gave up for Cutler (their future) was worth it.

The only for reason this move was to excite the fan base. ZOMG a franchise QB! We finally have one!... and the tears start flowing. You'd have to be an idiot GM to address QB now and forfeit so much in the future with so many other glaring needs. They needed a game manager during this time, not a gunslinger. Stupidity abounds in their front office.

Fans etc need to lie to themselves to feel better. Cutler ignoring Bowlen is looking like the stupidest thing he could have done for his career.

Jeez...like every team doesn't do similar things. Get over it. The real fans of Chicago know as well as any of us...he's not going to do well unsupported.

Hulamau
11-13-2009, 02:08 AM
worst thing about Cutler is he seems to be basically uncoachable. since he came in as a rookie, he is still making the same stupid mistakes. he never learns from his mistakes. he hasn't matured at all.

This is his downfall and I suspect Josh caught wind of that early after arriving here, making the trade for Cassel when it popped on his desk, plus getting a handful of fresh high picks look like pretty tempting icing on the cake.

As I said last spring, Cutler blew the one big chance of a lifetime to really turn it around and likely become that true stud QB everyone dreamed he could be. BUT ONLY, if he had the smarts and maturity to buckle down, drop his arrogant narcissist rap, and submit himself to being taught how to be a winner by McD ... He didn't!

No way he was going to play ball with McD and really listen to him as a 33yrd old coach. He is 'Gods Gift to Football' for cryin' out loud!

I suspect Cassel would have done pretty well in this offense with us after having all that time with Josh.

The funny think is Jay can go out and throw 5 TDs next week and it doesn't change a thing. He is what he is ... a tantalizing heartbreaker and coach killer.

UberBroncoMan
11-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Jeez...like every team doesn't do similar things. Get over it. The real fans of Chicago know as well as any of us...he's not going to do well unsupported.

You should know that supporting bad habbits and pathetic play only breeds failure. Would you tell your own kid how great he is 24/7 and then continue to watch him fail, only to make constant excuses for why it keeps happening over and over and over.

It's stupid. Face reality. If fans can't do that then they aren't fans, they're brainless idiots. Knowing that you have heat on you; facing the reality that you're a part of the problem and you need to fix what you've been doing can go a long way... provided you have the humility to bear it.

hambone13
11-13-2009, 02:37 AM
You should know that supporting bad habbits and pathetic play only breeds failure. Would you tell your own kid how great he is 24/7 and then continue to watch him fail, only to make constant excuses for why it keeps happening over and over and over.

It's stupid. Face reality. If fans can't do that then they aren't fans, they're brainless idiots. Knowing that you have heat on you; facing the reality that you're a part of the problem and you need to fix what you've been doing can go a long way... provided you have the humility to bear it.

I think JC has shown improvement this year w/ his humility and team awareness. I'm not even remotely saying he's the new general of a squad but he's better than he was here in Denver. Chicago has a long way to go before they're in positioned to exploit his talents. Ron Turner is an offensive retard who knows how to manage games not work on getting a talented QB in sync w/ his offense. I won't go far as to say JC has been a stud but neither has the supporting cast.

All other points aside, I wish he wanted more to play here....McD would have been good for him.

UberBroncoMan
11-13-2009, 02:45 AM
I think JC has shown improvement this year w/ his humility and team awareness. I'm not even remotely saying he's the new general of a squad but he's better than he was here in Denver. Chicago has a long way to go before they're in positioned to exploit his talents. Ron Turner is an offensive retard who knows how to manage games not work on getting a talented QB in sync w/ his offense. I won't go far as to say JC has been a stud but neither has the supporting cast.

All other points aside, I wish he wanted more to play here....McD would have been good for him.

Oh I'm sure if Cutler buckled down and really got immersed in the offense and let the coaches work with him we'd be in a far better situation offensively. He has a skills et that Orton will never have - mobility and a big arm. Two things that drive defenses crazy and open up an offense to its full potential.

Buuut... he had to get all b****y and cry his way out. I understood being pissed at McDaniels and I hated how McDaniels handled it. But you don't ever ****ing ignore the owner of a team. Cutler deserves to crash and burn for his immaturity. If he gave a damn about success he would have stayed here with a line that would have protected him, a receiving core that's top notch, and solid runners to go with a defense that would have been protecting leads now rather than waiting for the offense to make a miracle comeback every week vs good teams..

boltaneer
11-13-2009, 03:38 AM

I'm usually one of the loudest when the Cutler bashing starts because I don't like the guy and I've thought he was way overrated from day one but these are good points.

Ron Turner hasn't been impressive as OC at all. Norv got all the football smarts in that family.

And outside of Olsen, Chicago's receivers are garbage. Hester has no business being a starting WR. He should be a full time returner and in a Reggie Bush type of role. Bennett is a below average WR and Knox has a lot of potential but he's still way too raw. Aromashodu? Rasheed Davis? What a sorry WRs corps.

There seems to be a lot of communication problems and Cutler and his receivers just never seem to be in sync. Blame it on him or blame it on the WRs. I think there's blame to be shared between the both of them and their OC's play calling as well.

Having said that, he still makes horrible decisions at the worst times. The guy just can't seem to learn that throwing the ball away is one of the best things a QB can do. People can blame the WRs for some of his interceptions this year (and they have a valid point) but he just makes too many boneheaded plays that hurts his team.

meangene
11-13-2009, 04:37 AM
The problem with Cutler is he does nothing to improve his game. He makes the same mistakes year after year. He has the mentality that he is so talented that he can just go out there and sling the ball around. He needs to want to get better which means work - studying film, working with his teammates in the offseason, getting in better shape, etc. Basically, he is a lazy ass who always got by because of his talent and star treatment. There are so many excuses for his interceptions because all the experts who blasted the Broncos for trading him don't want to admit they were wrong. Until Jay changes his attitude, he will always be just what he is. A talented hit or miss quarterback who will never be a consistent winner.

BigBad
11-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Us Charger fans were telling you these things last year.......LOL!

azbroncfan
11-13-2009, 05:17 AM
We used to make excuses for him here.

bloodsunday
11-13-2009, 06:07 AM
because all the NFL a-holes anointed him a franchise QB and have to save face

GoBroncos DownUnder
11-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Cutlers picks are separated and categorized according to blame, ... but when Jake Delhomme throws 4 picks everyone screams how badly he sucks!
I don't really understand it either!? ???

Maybe a lot of commentators are trying to salvage their pride after predicting great things for the, NEW Jay Cutler lead, Chicago Bears!? ;)

Broncomutt
11-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Jay Cutler is 13-0 when the defense holds the opponent under 21 points.

SouthStndJunkie
11-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Why is Cutler the main topic of 17 out of the 25 threads on the first page of the forum?

go_broncos
11-13-2009, 07:22 AM
From Chicago Board :

---------

Stop with the "he's a Pro Bowl QB" nonsense. He was an ALTERNATE who snuck in because both Brett Favre and Philip Rivers were injured. And when he did get into the Pro Bowl to actually play, he was awful. Jay completed only 7 of 15 passes (46.7%) for 48 yds (3.2 yds avg) with ZERO TDs. His passer rating for the game was an embarassing 26.5.

If Jay had a bad game in the Pro Bowl, I'm sure it wasn't his fault. He probably had no talent around him.......you know, in the Pro Bowl..........

----------

:rofl:

TonyR
11-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Cutlers picks are separated and categorized according to blame, ... but when Jake Delhomme throws 4 picks everyone screams how badly he sucks!
I don't really understand it either!? ???

I think it's because Cutler has so much talent and ability, and therefore so much potential. He fools people into thinking he's a great QB when in reality, because of his awful intangibles, he's not.

Peoples Champ
11-13-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm reading around on Bears forums, on TV, etc...WTF is up with the excuses? I don't think any other QB got that type of luxury of INTs not being his fault.

Some people say 3 ints were not his fault? Really? What kind of expectations do you put on a QB when you can't even hold him accountable?

Int 1 - His fault

Int 2 - This is the ONLY one where there is a legitimate argument.

Int 3 - His fault - he threw it - he didn't have to. Just like Orton's INT TD... it's not Orton's fault! The NT and REF blocked his route! Please.

Int 4 - No PI, the defender made a great play on the ball... there is NO PI when you're going for the ball like that. Int is Cutler's fault, he threw the damn ball.

Int 5 - Nuff said.

Ya I also noticed the first thing on SportCenter after the game was pointing out that the INTs were not Cutlers fault. His fault or not, they got the L.

The Bears D gave the Bears a chance even after the non-Cutler blamed INT's, and he still blew it.

RMT
11-13-2009, 07:54 AM
what, no mention of any of his pics being his OWN defense's fault for giving him more time of possession, thus, MORE opportunities to throw pics?

Karenin
11-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Norv got all the football smarts in that family.

lol

Gort
11-13-2009, 08:03 AM
it's all Lovie's fault. he'll get fired after the season. and then next year, it'll be all the new Head Coach's fault. etc. until Cutler's contract runs out. then Cutler will end up in Oakland where winning and losing doesn't matter anymore.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2009, 08:10 AM
He's on the scene...

...............He's an interception machine.

*Paid for by The Interception Machine Man Yo! (TIMMY!) for President Campaign. TIMMY!

DenverBrit
11-13-2009, 08:16 AM
He's on the scene...

...............He's an interception machine.

This thread needs music. !Booya!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/86Cji6uDTQc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/86Cji6uDTQc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gort
11-13-2009, 08:21 AM
This thread needs music. !Booya!

The Flying Lizards > James Brown

<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMS35kmWAUU&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMS35kmWAUU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Cool Breeze
11-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Why is Cutler the main topic of 17 out of the 25 threads on the first page of the forum?

Because he pussed out on his team and people want to gloat.
That being said, I' m glad we made the trade.Ha!

strafen
11-13-2009, 08:41 AM
From Chicago Board :

---------

Stop with the "he's a Pro Bowl QB" nonsense. He was an ALTERNATE who snuck in because both Brett Favre and Philip Rivers were injured. And when he did get into the Pro Bowl to actually play, he was awful. Jay completed only 7 of 15 passes (46.7%) for 48 yds (3.2 yds avg) with ZERO TDs. His passer rating for the game was an embarassing 26.5.

If Jay had a bad game in the Pro Bowl, I'm sure it wasn't his fault. He probably had no talent around him.......you know, in the Pro Bowl..........

----------

:rofl:If I recall correctly, he did throw an INT in the red zone, or end zone in the pro-bowl last year, did he not?

oubronco
11-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Is there a coach who can pull the reigns in on him and get his mechanics and head right?

Good God he sucks right now

Rabb
11-13-2009, 09:14 AM
it is pretty easy to see why Josh didn't like him, the uncoachable thing just fits that whole scenario and I am sure he saw it early

go_broncos
11-13-2009, 10:32 AM
If I recall correctly, he did throw an INT in the red zone, or end zone in the pro-bowl last year, did he not?

I know he had a chance to win the game..Typical cutler fashion, he threw the Interception.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2009, 10:48 AM
it is pretty easy to see why Josh didn't like him, the uncoachable thing just fits that whole scenario and I am sure he saw it early

I feel confident he knew it before he interviewed.

Boogerboots
11-13-2009, 10:54 AM

Make that 13-1.

DenverBroncosJM
11-13-2009, 10:56 AM

Pretty sure 49's only scored 10 lets put him at 13-1 now

DenverBrit
11-13-2009, 10:59 AM
The Flying Lizards > James Brown

Hilarious!

RMT
11-13-2009, 11:06 AM
If I recall correctly, he did throw an INT in the red zone, or end zone in the pro-bowl last year, did he not?

not sure but i DO know that his QB rating in the Pro Bowl last year was an anemic 15.7 ... pretty sad when his interception this year total MORE than his QB rating in the Pro Bowl.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Bears fans are starting to come around. Slowly, but it is happening.

LINK (http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/1910397/ShowThread.aspx#1910397)

Karenin
11-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Hilarious!

haha, yea seriously

BroncoBuff
11-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm one of his fans, and there's no excuse for the game-ending Int.

That was choke, no two ways about it.

And in fact the first Int at the goal line? ... that was maybe the worst Int Int I've ever seen. There were FOUR defenders with a better chance at that ball than any Bears player.

BroncoMan4ever
11-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Is there a coach who can pull the reigns in on him and get his mechanics and head right?

Good God he sucks right now

i can't think of any coaches that will be looking for a new job next offseason, that will have the necessary QB knowledge or attitude to basically sit the bitch down and lay down the law.

Shanahan won't do that, he had 3 years and didn't do it. Short of Cowher coming out of retirement to coach the Bears, Cutler is going to remain the same spoiled brat that will not mature as a person or QB.

Cutler blew his shot to take the next step in becoming an elite QB that a team would want to hitch the franchise to, when he decided McDaniels was too mean and he didn't want to play for him.

McDaniels could have done for Jay what Shanahan did for Elway when he was an assistant coach here in the 80s

BroncoDoug
11-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Bears fans are starting to come around. Slowly, but it is happening.

LINK (http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/1910397/ShowThread.aspx#1910397)

so i'm assuming that is you 'therealmoose' ?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-13-2009, 11:33 AM
so i'm assuming that is you 'therealmoose' ?

Good guess. What gave me away? :rofl:

BroncoDoug
11-13-2009, 11:33 AM
i can't think of any coaches that will be looking for a new job next offseason, that will have the necessary QB knowledge or attitude to basically sit the b**** down and lay down the law.

Shanahan won't do that, he had 3 years and didn't do it. Short of Cowher coming out of retirement to coach the Bears, Cutler is going to remain the same spoiled brat that will not mature as a person or QB.

Cutler blew his shot to take the next step in becoming an elite QB that a team would want to hitch the franchise to, when he decided McDaniels was too mean and he didn't want to play for him.

McDaniels could have done for Jay what Shanahan did for Elway when he was an assistant coach here in the 80s

How do you think Cutler and Gruden would get along? That would be an interesting pair if it wound up that way.

Karenin
11-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Gruden is a notoriously bad QB coach, so I'm guessing not good.

rastaman
11-13-2009, 12:42 PM

Because Cutler, McDaniels and the fans all went thru a messy divorce.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-13-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm one of his fans

Get OUT!

BroncoBuff
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Get OUT!

No more free legal advice for you, hater.

rastaman
11-13-2009, 12:47 PM

Josh and McD may not have got along and got off to such a rocky start that it was pre-ordained that one or the other had to go. Both McD and Cutler could have handled their brief relationship a lot better, however, its over. Both McD and Cutler have moved on.

WolfpackGuy
11-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Cutler got too ass hurt over the Cassel thing.

Now he's plying his trade in QB Siberia. Chicago.

TailgateNut
11-13-2009, 01:02 PM
They ARE getting the picture. Clearly and quickly, but too damn late. Cutler has his contract. Bawahahah

purduefreak23

Joined on 11-02-2009

Practice Squad

Re: Official - Trade Jay Cutler - worst QB in the NFL
Reply Quote
Cutler sucks Cutler sucks Cutler sucks......5 interceptions are you kidding me.... I don't care if its the refs fault or the wide recievers fault....there is no excuse for freakin 5 interceptions....we should have kept Orton atleast he didn't throw 5 interceptions and we actually ran the ball well.

TailgateNut
11-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate

1 Jay Cutler CHI QB 211 338 62.4 37.6 2,353 7.0 261.4 14 17 108 32.0 68 36 3 19 76.0

26 Kyle Orton DEN QB 170 269 63.2 33.6 1,838 6.8 229.8 9 4 91 33.8 87T 18 4 13 88.2

....but Jay's working on the Pro Bowl Yards again. Too bad they're between the 20s.:rofl:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-13-2009, 01:22 PM
No more free legal advice for you, hater.

Oh jeez. Someone's a sensey. No wonder you're a Cutler fan.

it was a joke.

RIP: Buff's sense of humor.

BroncoBuff
11-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh jeez. Someone's a sensey. No wonder you're a Cutler fan.

it was a joke.

RIP: Buff's sense of humor.

LOL ... I was joking too.

But I'm not joking about Cutler ... he SUCKS!

OBF1
11-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Josh and McD may not have got along and got off to such a rocky start that it was pre-ordained that one or the other had to go. Both McD and Cutler could have handled their brief relationship a lot better, however, its over. Both McD and Cutler have moved on.

Funniest post ever.... Dude, get away from the computer for say, a yearLOLROFL!Hilarious!

Popps
11-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Gruden is a notoriously bad QB coach, so I'm guessing not good.

Really?

The Gruden who won a SB with Johnson and made a Pro Bowler out of Gannon?

Interesting. Where did you pull that data?

crazyhorse
11-13-2009, 03:51 PM
I was banned from this site for saying the thing about Cutler.

What has changed?:rofl:

Soul-Bronco
11-13-2009, 04:03 PM
From Chicago Board :

---------

----------

EPIC! :rofl::thanku:Hilarious!_i_O_i_

loborugger
11-13-2009, 04:15 PM

Combine of things...

1. Chicago just played last night.

2. There is not much to the Skins game. They are bad, its not a rivalry game, and its probably one of the least interesting games of the season.

3. This is the biggie. The fanbase went thru a lot this offseason. Few expected much from Kyle Orton, and many expected Cutler to go on to great things in Chicago this season. Our franchise temporarily subplanted Oakland as the butt of all NFL jokes for mismanagement and bad personnel decisions.

And look what happened. While few would argue that Kyle is more physically talented than Jay, he is beginning to look like a better QB. And we got two 1st to go with it.

Folks are excited. The success is largely unexpected. Its something to talk about, esp after Baby Jay layed a big egg on the road and pretty much single-handedly cost his team the game yesterday (much like the Packers/Bears games to open the season).

Gotta roll with it, bro.

Bronco Bob
11-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Niners only got 10 points and Cutler still lost.

Or were you making a joke?

Karenin
11-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Really?

The Gruden who won a SB with Johnson and made a Pro Bowler out of Gannon?

Interesting. Where did you pull that data?

How about you tell me about his QBs his other 9 years as a HC?

Actually, instead of doing that, maybe you should go play with your kids, they miss their dad. Well probably not, but it can't hurt to find out instead of spending yet another night playing board police.

Circle Orange
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
The ESPN around the NFL radio show is on locally here with Mort Anderson and Keyshawn Johnson. Keyshawn said he was having dinner with friends and one of them said...

"What's the difference between Jamarcus and Jay?"

Keyshawn said what's the point? Russell gets ripped, and excuses are made for Cutler. Go figure.

I just think people hate being wrong, so they see what they want to see. :~ohyah!:

BroncoDoug
11-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Good guess. What gave me away? :rofl:

Nothing really gave you away... I'm just super duper smart and know how to find out things that I will never tell anyone ;)

BroncoDoug
11-13-2009, 07:12 PM
The ESPN around the NFL radio show is on locally here with Mort Anderson and Keyshawn Johnson. Keyshawn said he was having dinner with friends and one of them said...

"What's the difference between Jamarcus and Jay?"

Keyshawn said what's the point? Russell gets ripped, and excuses are made for Cutler. Go figure.

I just think people hate being wrong, so they see what they want to see. :~ohyah!:

I was thinking about this today when hearing a preview for the KC OAK game. Russell has been terrible and gets ripped at every turn, and rightfully so. But Cutler gets a pass because...well, I don't really know why?

loborugger
11-13-2009, 07:25 PM
I was thinking about this today when hearing a preview for the KC OAK game. Russell has been terrible and gets ripped at every turn, and rightfully so. But Cutler gets a pass because...well, I don't really know why?

Its easy to rip to Oakland, cuz they are a mess and no one in the press is afraid of making enemies in the Raider org.

I think there is a sense that the press wants someone from that 2006 draft class to do something. Leinert is a disappointed so far as is Vince Young. Vince just recently got to start again, and Mattie boy makes more news for who he dates than anything on the field. So, as of now, Cutler carries the torch for the class.

That, and at times, Cutler looks brilliant. You can see all the parts. He just wont put it together. But, playing a bigger market, if he continues to put together turds like the other night the press will turn on him. And I doubt he will ever get them back.

rastaman
11-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Funniest post ever.... Dude, get away from the computer for say, a yearLOLROFL!Hilarious!

Dude save humanity and go fly a kite on I-25 during rush hour traffic....I'm sure no one will miss you.:sunshine:

Broncos4tw
11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I want to know why Cutler gets so much attention on this board. He doesn't even play for the AFC any longer. Who gives a crap? I was dubious about the move, but about Cutler himself, he was dead to me the minute he moved on. Who cares? Why is he still such a hot topic here? Ugh.. let it go.

DivineBronco
11-13-2009, 10:56 PM
I want to know why Cutler gets so much attention on this board. He doesn't even play for the AFC any longer. Who gives a crap? I was dubious about the move, but about Cutler himself, he was dead to me the minute he moved on. Who cares? Why is he still such a hot topic here? Ugh.. let it go.

everyone has their own time to move on. Sure some already have and more power to them but some of us want to watch him suffer. I for one will feel a sense of healing if he were to be put on IR and lose the one thing he actually likes.

Karenin
11-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Dude save humanity and go fly a kite on I-25 during rush hour traffic....I'm sure no one will miss you.:sunshine:

god i hope i'm not like you when i get old

broncocalijohn
11-13-2009, 11:16 PM

maybe I should post some of your hilarious posts about our broncos for this season.

Kaylore
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
My favorite excuse is the "He's young! He has so much to learn!" The guy is who is he is and isn't getting any better.

Popps
11-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Actually, instead of doing that, maybe you should go play with your kids, they miss their dad.

Wow, family smack, huh? Attacking people's kids? Always a sign of a weak mind.

Actually, my kids and I just got back from the big game. (High school.)

I'd guess at this point, they know more than to make a statement like... "Gruden can't coach QBs."

Keep attacking children, though. Great stuff. Really.

I'm sure you'd make those comments face to face.

:thumbs:

broncocalijohn
11-13-2009, 11:25 PM

Some dont give a crap about their ex girlfriend and many want their ex gf to hook up with the biggest loser/unemployed drunk in their town......then get pregnant. We are enjoying the later.

strafen
11-13-2009, 11:26 PM
My favorite excuse is the "He's young! He has so much to learn!" The guy is who is he is and isn't getting any better.Or 14 of the 17 INT's weren't his fault!

Karenin
11-14-2009, 12:17 AM
blah blah blah

Phew, thank god the forum policeman is back to make sure everybody stays in line. I'm sure your kids are glad that you're back on here for your nightly 6 hour shift. After you grab a few hours of sleep, i'm sure you'll be back for the morning shift.

Another day in the life of a sad, broken old man who lost sight of everything important in life many years ago.

Archer81
11-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Phew, thank god the forum policeman is back to make sure everybody stays in line. I'm sure your kids are glad that you're back on here for your nightly 6 hour shift. After you grab a few hours of sleep, i'm sure you'll be back for the morning shift.

Another day in the life of a sad, broken old man who lost sight of everything important in life many years ago.

Why dont you keep it on the topic at hand rather then take potshots at a poster through what you think you know about his family situation. Dont be a bob/douche.

Popps
11-14-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm sure your kids are glad that you're back on here for your nightly 6 hour shift. .

Yea, 10 posts a day. That takes 6 hours.

You're a sad person, huh. Too bad. Sorry life went south for you to the point where you're attacking children on a football message board.

Maybe you're just too sensitive for all of this.

:welcome:

BroncoMan4ever
11-14-2009, 01:41 AM
How do you think Cutler and Gruden would get along? That would be an interesting pair if it wound up that way.

Gruden has the attitude to keep Cutler in check but his offense is very conservative lots of running the ball, short safe passes and no risk taking. it wouldn't fit Cutler and there would be head butting, a lot of losses and the eventual trade/cut of Cutler or the firing of Gruden.

they would never be able to coexist.

Cutler needs a guy with great QB knowledge and a tough take charge attitude. there are not many coaches like that in the league right now, and i can;t think of any assistants with that kind of demeanor.

Cutler screwed his long term career when he left Denver. McDaniels could have been his mentor, much the same way Shanahan was a mentor to Elway in the late 80s.

azbroncfan
11-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Gruden and Jay would butt heads for sure.

Karenin
11-14-2009, 08:45 AM

You're a sad person, huh. Too bad. Sorry life went south for you to the point where you're attacking children on a football message board.

Maybe you're just too sensitive for all of this.

:welcome:

How about you show me where I attacked your kids old man? I attacked you because you clearly eschew hanging out with your kids to play message board police, but I didn't say one bad thing about your kids. Feel free to try to point it out though, I'll be waiting.

Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, strange for a guy that has like 50,000 posts on a message board. But it probably is part of the reason that you're universally despised around here.

Hamrob
11-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Why does Kyle Orton get so many excuses for being such a bad QB? It seems like all of the focus is on Jay. Who cares about Jay anymore. Whether he's tops in the NFL or a turd...it doesn't matter to us.

But, Orton is a total waste. He can't keep defenses honest, because they know he can't push the ball down field, so they load up the line, stop the run and come after him. So, what do the headlines say....they say that we need to be able to run the ball to open up the pass. Why can't we run they say. Give me a break. No back is going to be able to run the ball against a 9-man line. Kyle Orton is our weak spot and the rest of the NFL know it. But McDaniels won't ever admit that...no way. This team will probably make the playoffs...but they'll lose to a team like the Ravens or Steelers everytime...because we have no QB.

Circle Orange
11-14-2009, 09:52 AM
My favorite excuse is the "He's young! He has so much to learn!" The guy is who is he is and isn't getting any better.

The worst word is "potential". Sometimes what you see is all there is. Based on potential, a boatload of guys with similar skills would be in the HOF. That's why only 2=3% of players make it to the HOF. There's no hall of "Potentially great." :clown:

Circle Orange
11-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Gruden and Jay would butt heads for sure.

But think of the comedy gold...Cutler cursing and pouting, and "Chuckie" cursing and going psycho! Network ratings!! ROFL!

Bronx33
11-14-2009, 10:04 AM
All i know is 4 of those 5 were completely jays fault.

TonyR
11-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Why does Kyle Orton get so many excuses for being such a bad QB?

Is Orton called a "franchise QB"? Was Orton traded for two firsts and a third? Did Orton just get a shiny new contract extension?

While I agree that the Broncos have issues at the QB position I don't agree with your comparison of Orton to Cutler. Orton has never been considered a great QB and in fact was blamed for Chicago's problems. It was Cutler who was considered the solution.

Bronx33
11-14-2009, 10:08 AM

Draft pick ;)

azbroncfan
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
But think of the comedy gold...Cutler cursing and pouting, and "Chuckie" cursing and going psycho! Network ratings!! ROFL!

It would be funny to watch Jay crumble under the cursing that Chucky would give him. Jay has to have a push over coach because he has always been coodled and spoon fed how great he is and is probably one of the weakest mental players I have ever seen. That relationship would end in a divorce for sure.

Popps
11-14-2009, 11:26 AM
How about you show me where I attacked your kids old man? .

40 is old to you, eh? Make sense. You sound about 12 years old.

But, attacking children on a football message board says a lot about people. No surprise, though. Attacking families is always the first choice of the feeble-minded... those who can't stay in an actual debate.

Anyway, as I said, I'm sure you'd say those things to people in person.

:thumbsup:

Karenin
11-14-2009, 11:55 AM
link the post in which i attacked your children you sad, old and bitter piece of ****.

strafen
11-14-2009, 01:26 PM
40 is old to you, eh? Make sense. You sound about 12 years old.

But, attacking children on a football message board says a lot about people. No surprise, though. Attacking families is always the first choice of the feeble-minded... those who can't stay in an actual debate.

Anyway, as I said, I'm sure you'd say those things to people in person.

:thumbsup:

Why don't you guys take this to PM's?

Archer81
11-14-2009, 01:33 PM

Gruden: Why did you throw that ball Jay?

Cutler: mumble mumble shrug

Gruden: Look me in the eye when I'm talking to you

Cutler: headscratch mumble mumble pull on pads, goes to walk away

Gruden: What the **** ae you, 12? You dont sit down until you look me in the ****ing eye and tell me why you threw that ball into triple coverage on 1st down...

Cutler: Bus Cook says I dont hAve to listen to you...mumble mumble

Blueflame
11-14-2009, 02:07 PM
From Chicago Board :

---------

----------

Meanwhile here in the real world, the "ALTERNATE who snuck in because both Brett Favre and Philip Rivers were injured"... was Kerry Collins; not Jay Cutler.

Popps
11-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Why don't you guys take this to PM's?

Nothing to take to PMs.

I have no idea who that person is. He/she just decided because I called them out on incorrect football data, that they'd go after family members.

Normally on the Mane, that's something the mods don't tolerate. Family-smack is supposed to be 100% off-limits.

It's just sad that people live such shallow lives that they'd need to go there because their football takes were challenged.

BroncoBuff
11-14-2009, 03:24 PM
10 posts/day over the 7 years you've been registered here. Nobody is fooled you've posted that few for quite some time, skippy.

Karenin is right ... you fight too much here, you attack and insult and pick fights and vomit up anger culled from other sources ... imo, you've the source of a good chunk of the bad blood around here.

And tough guy threats, really? You're a stick, dude ... you'd drop before most of us could break a sweat :~ohyah!:

Popps
11-14-2009, 03:47 PM
10 posts/day over the 7 years you've been registered here. Nobody is fooled you've posted that few for quite some time, skippy.

Karenin is right ... you fight too much here, you attack and insult and pick fights and vomit up anger culled from other sources ... imo, you've the source of a good chunk of the bad blood around here.

And tough guy threats, really? You're a stick, dude ... you'd drop before most of us could break a sweat :~ohyah!:

Wow, siding with people attacking children? I knee you were on ignore for a reason. Last post I read of yours, you were working out your alcoholism with a football forum. Do me a favor, stop begging me to be friends in reps. I'm not interested. You need real help. Like this other loser, you have confused cyber life with real life.

Attacking children and people's private lives (which you know nothing about) over football takes is ansign that you're not mentally developed enough for this. Maybe you should take others lead and take a break. I haven't responded to you for months and you obssess over me daily.

You need help dude. Best of luck. Back to ignore.

BroncoBuff
11-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow, siding with people attacking children? I knee you were on ignore for a reason. Last post I read of yours, you were working out your alcoholism with a football forum. Do me a favor, stop begging me to be friends in reps. I'm not interested. You need real help. Like this other loser, you have confused cyber life with real life.

Attacking children and people's private lives (which you know nothing about) over football takes is ansign that you're not mentally developed enough for this. Maybe you should take others lead and take a break. I haven't responded to you for months and you obssess over me daily.

You need help dude. Best of luck. Back to ignore.

I've sent you ONE rep, like six weeks ago offering a truce.

Yes, attacking kids is wrong of course, I hadn't seen that part ... he was banned for that, as he should have been.

And the alcohol thing, (or more specifically the "mid-life crisis" thing), was tongue in cheek, not surprising you missed that.

BroncoBuff
11-14-2009, 09:59 PM
You do have a pretty serious anger problem though, that much is certain.

Popps
11-14-2009, 10:15 PM
You do have a pretty serious anger problem though, that much is certain.

Hilarious!

... says the guy who spends all day and night stalking and attacking me despite me NEVER responding.

Again, all the more proof that you don't have any clue what you're talking about.

If football message boards make you "angry," then maybe you need to look for other things to do.

This is goofy, fun bull****. Folks like yourself and the children-attackers just aren't cut out for it.

There's a level of emotional stability one needs to keep these things in perspective. You clearly don't have it.

I suggest you drop the stalking routine, and ignore me like I've been happily ignoring you for months.

Later.

BroncoBuff
11-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Emotionally stable ... you?!

Okay, later ... :~ohyah!:

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 09:34 AM
http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1911775.aspx

excuse after excuse but there are a few that are wondering why jay is making poor choices in his pass game does a different OL or a run game really help him make better throws he had a good OL here and made poor decisions?

Bears fans are even saying yelling at the refs was a good thing Hilarious!

Br0nc0Buster
11-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Bears fans dont know what a good quarterback looks like

The moment they get someone who is even above average he has been christened as elite and a savior

Had they actaully watched Jay instead of relying on sportcenter highlights, they would of known him throwing interceptions and being a pouty baby is nothing new

They traded two 1sts, a third, and Orton for Rex 2.0

Bronx33
11-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Next year will be really interesting to see if the bears brass can prop up the OL and the running game only to see jay making the same mistakes.