PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan to go to San Diego?!

peacepipe
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
I am watching nfl total access and there new around the league guy says that Shanahan may go to the Chargers. any thoughts.

Smiling Assassin27
11-12-2009, 03:30 PM
norv's gonna get blown out, this is very likely. the one place i'd hate to see shanny (and have to play twice a year) is in the afc west.

BMarsh615
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Expect Schefter to shoot this down in a few days.

peacepipe
11-12-2009, 03:36 PM
SD doesn't have alot of patience when it comes to coaches(even when they're doing a good job,Marty was no slouch.) & already having a offense in place would be appealing to shanahan he already has a home out in west mexico. If Norv gets canned, I'll bet the house on Shanahan going there.

SpringStein
11-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I assume for that to happen, Smith would also have to get the axe, I can't see the two of them coexisting.

HAT
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Green Bay.

McCarthy is going to get canned if they don't turn it around ASAP and Ted Thompson might be right behind him.

GB has everything that Shanahan could want. High 2nd tier QB in his prime, plenty talent at the skill positions (just need to shore up the O-line). average to better than average D, and he'd have a lot of say so in FO decisions. GB is the type of team that a refreshed Mike Shanhan could have contending for the SB by year 2.

SD also fits from a personnel standpoint, but can he co-exist with AJ?

I actually wouldn't wouldn't mind if he ended up in SD though. It would make an already intriguing AFCW all the more so.

Shanny/Davis, Shanny/Bowlen, Shanny/McD, McD/Pioli, McD/Cassel, etc.

Then we just need Marty to go to Oakland & Wade Phillips to go to KC. LOL

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-12-2009, 03:53 PM
He'll go to Dallas.

Dallas has:
A quarterback that Shanahan loves
A plethora of offensive weapons
A 3-4 D
An owner with deep pockets, who is also close personal friends with Mike.

Dallas is the pick. I have a feeling that part of the termination agreement with Shanahan was that he couldn't coach for another AFC West team if it was within the two years left on his contract. Bowlen ain't stupid.

boltaneer
11-12-2009, 04:14 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shanahan makes no sense in SD, scheme-wise.

Blart
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Green Bay is the most convincing proposal in this thread.

tsiguy96
11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shanahan makes no sense in SD, scheme-wise.

i still think he winds up there, and i think AJ smith stays. theres never been any question of talent at SD (depth sucks though as you can see by their lines), and i think shanahan will not take full control again as far as roster. he will have a big say, but not total control.

KS Bronco
11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
no way he goes to dallas... jerry jones would not relinquish the power shanny would want

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Wait a minute. I thought all of this was moot.

I heard from Booby the Wonder Boob that a deal was done and that Shanahan was coaching Kansas City. Not true?

BOOBY! WHERE ARE YOU???? IS THE DEAL DONE????????

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-12-2009, 04:22 PM
no way he goes to dallas... jerry jones would not relinquish the power shanny would want

But the Packers or Chargers would? I don't think so.

HAT
11-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Green Bay is the most convincing proposal in this thread.

Stop your flirting with me Blart...I'm straight! ;D

HAT
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
But the Packers or Chargers would? I don't think so.

The Pack would more so than most. Assuming MM & TT get the axe in a package deal.

elsid13
11-12-2009, 04:37 PM
It will be the Jacksonville/LA Jaguars. The owner needs something to get the fan base going and Shanahan would make sense. Plus there is a lot of young talent there that Shanahan could turn the situation around quickly.

PRBronco
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Does anyone remember that episode of Entourage where Ari hears that Vinny Chase is meeting with Adam Davies and might sign with him? He says "I'd rather Vince **** my wife!"

That's kind of how this makes me feel.

Mr.Meanie
11-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I hope its the Pack.

boltaneer
11-12-2009, 04:44 PM
i still think he winds up there, and i think AJ smith stays. theres never been any question of talent at SD (depth sucks though as you can see by their lines), and i think shanahan will not take full control again as far as roster. he will have a big say, but not total control.

You think the Chagers are going to go WCO? Why would the Chargers change up their offense when they've found one their franchise QB excels at? Their two best WRs are vertical stretch the field guys.

tsiguy96
11-12-2009, 05:12 PM
You think the Chagers are going to go WCO? Why would the Chargers change up their offense when they've found one their franchise QB excels at? Their two best WRs are vertical stretch the field guys.

i think the chargers HC is a huge problem in terms of hte chargers ever getting a SB, and shanahan showed last year he has no problem throwing down field if he has a QB and WR who can do it. see our 2nd raider game.

OBF1
11-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Let shanny head to SD, within 2 seasons, they will have absolutley ZERO defense.

tsiguy96
11-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Let shanny head to SD, within 2 seasons, they will have absolutley ZERO defense.

few things on that...
1. sd defense sucks anyway
2. shanahan isnt stupid, i think a year away from the game is the best thing that coudl have happened to him because he MAY be starting to realize what his defense was like and how it cost him his job and chance at postseason.

Boltjolt
11-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Expect Schefter to shoot this down in a few days.

Hell ill shoot it down. There arent a lot of Bolt fans that want the Rat for our HC. And IF the Rat wants any control like he had in Denver i can tell you that he wont be coming here. AJ Smith wont have that and he isnt going anywhere.

Boltjolt
11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
few things on that...
1. sd defense sucks anyway
2. shanahan isnt stupid, i think a year away from the game is the best thing that coudl have happened to him because he MAY be starting to realize what his defense was like and how it cost him his job and chance at postseason.

You might be suprised to know that our defense is 11th in the NFL and 5th against the pass....ahead of Denver. Our defense has 15 sacks in the last three games. Im not claiming anything other than it has improved and i know Oakland and KC are involved in there but it didnt stop you guys from claiming to have givin up the least points while playing nobody and that included Cleveland..;)

However, ....although we have allowed over 100 yard rushing in two of those last three games, we have not allowed a RB to go over 100 since Mendenhal did it. You can relate to him too.
I feared the Giants would run wild on us but we held them down pretty good i thought after their first 3 or 4 runs.

Our rush defense has gone from 30th to 26th so we are making progress.

If We beat Philly then i like our prospects alot going into Denver.

boltaneer
11-12-2009, 06:25 PM
i think the chargers HC is a huge problem in terms of hte chargers ever getting a SB, and shanahan showed last year he has no problem throwing down field if he has a QB and WR who can do it. see our 2nd raider game.

It's not about that whether Shanahan threw down the field last year or not. It's about changing the offensive system.

The Chargers have always been a Coryell offense. Bringing in Shanahan makes no sense. Why change the offense when that's the greatest strength of the team?

Fans like to jump on big name coaches for openings everywhere but I don't think it's going to happen here. Personally, I'd prefer Gruden but he doesn't make sense here either. Norv's successor will probably be a defensive minded coach. It could be just promoting Ron Rivera.

Also, people bash on Norv but if he had a healthy squad going against the Patriots two years ago, I think that team wins the Super Bowl. I'm not a big fan of Norv but the biggest obstacle in the past two years (and this year) has been injuries, not Norv.

SJ Bronco
11-12-2009, 06:41 PM
SD doesn't have alot of patience when it comes to coaches(even when they're doing a good job,Marty was no slouch.) & already having a offense in place would be appealing to shanahan he already has a home out in west mexico. If Norv gets canned, I'll bet the house on Shanahan going there.

wouldn't it be north mexico? Me know, me know...directionalattude ain't your thang..

400HZ
11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
AJ Smith is on like an 8 year contract, so he's not going anywhere soon. I don't want Shanahan at all, but at least if he did get hired then we wouldn't have to deal with his personnel management.

doonwise
11-12-2009, 10:51 PM
I would not like Shanahan paired with Rivers. But, if they hired Shanahan they would likely have to do something about AJ Smith...

strafen
11-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I would question Shanahan if he was to take that job as a HC of the Chargers.
That reeks vindication to me.He IMO will have better job offers and a better situation for him with a different team.
It's just not a good thing, I don't think...

bpc
11-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I would hate this. Go to the Bears. Help Jay out.

boltaneer
11-12-2009, 11:22 PM
It's not going to happen. You guys are getting all worked up about nothing.

BroncoMan4ever
11-13-2009, 12:10 AM
I assume for that to happen, Smith would also have to get the axe, I can't see the two of them coexisting.

truthfully, unless Mike goes to Dallas or Washington where he will answer only to the owner, his days of being the HC, GM, and VP of football operations is over. he is going to have to be a HC only when he returns to football.

Popps
11-13-2009, 12:20 AM

Dude, you need help.

Pick Six
11-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Norv isn't going anywhere, for a while. As much as I hate to admit it, they still have a great shot at winning the AFC West...again...

BroncoMan4ever
11-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Norv isn't going anywhere, for a while. As much as I hate to admit it, they still have a great shot at winning the AFC West...again...

they fired Marty after a 14-2 season. i don't think they will hesitate to pull the trigger on getting a new coach a year after a back door entrance to the playoffs with an 8-8 record, and a team that while decent still is nowhere near the level the talent on the roster would make you believe they should be.

unless Norv leads them on a deep playoff run, he is done in SD

ZONA
11-13-2009, 12:36 AM
If I was Mike, I would take an NFC job first. Why would you want to deal with Manning and Brady in the playoffs every year, just to REACH the Superbowl. I think he's going to the NFC personally.

HorseHead
11-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Why does everyone assume it's in the pros? There will in all likelyhood be an opening in South Bend Indiana soon....

FireFly
11-13-2009, 02:22 AM
I thought SD for shanny for while now.

But the pack makes sense as well.

I'd happily face him twice a year, as much as any other coach they'd get anyhow

Dudeskey
11-13-2009, 04:54 AM
The Pack would more so than most. Assuming MM & TT get the axe in a package deal.

And the Browns may as well seeing how it is they're already looking to get rid of Mangini

Traveler
11-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Shanahan to Chicago. Especially , if the Bears continue this slide.

Book it!

broncofan7
11-13-2009, 06:11 AM
You might be suprised to know that our defense is 11th in the NFL and 5th against the pass....ahead of Denver. Our defense has 15 sacks in the last three games. Im not claiming anything other than it has improved and i know Oakland and KC are involved in there but it didnt stop you guys from claiming to have givin up the least points while playing nobody and that included Cleveland..;)

However, ....although we have allowed over 100 yard rushing in two of those last three games, we have not allowed a RB to go over 100 since Mendenhal did it. You can relate to him too.
I feared the Giants would run wild on us but we held them down pretty good i thought after their first 3 or 4 runs.

Our rush defense has gone from 30th to 26th so we are making progress.

You are not going to beat Philly....we start Kyle Orton--you very well could beat us.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Shanahan to Chicago. Especially , if the Bears continue this slide.

Book it!

They don't have the cash, or any early draft picks.

I thought this as well since Shanny is from Illinois, but I just don't see it.

I also wonder how much Shanahan still likes Cutler, given his play late last season and early this season. Does he really want to hitch his wagon up to that loser again?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-13-2009, 06:53 AM
You are not going to beat Philly....we start Kyle Orton--you very well could beat us.

Yeah! Say, what is Orton's record against the Dolts this year, anyway?

Beantown Bronco
11-13-2009, 06:54 AM

Dude, Oakland beat Philly. They are WAY too inconsistent a team to be used as a measuring stick at this point.

Tom A Hawk
11-13-2009, 08:34 AM
we will get a report from WPI and Bob stating "the deal is done'

oubronco
11-13-2009, 08:44 AM

Philly isn't very good and I'm curious to see how a team adjusts and plays McD the second time around

rastaman
11-13-2009, 08:49 AM
they fired Marty after a 14-2 season. i don't think they will hesitate to pull the trigger on getting a new coach a year after a back door entrance to the playoffs with an 8-8 record, and a team that while decent still is nowhere near the level the talent on the roster would make you believe they should be.

unless Norv leads them on a deep playoff run, he is done in SD

AJ Smith has the same ego problem that Jerry Jones has. Both of these prima donnas fired HC that were not only winning for them but one coach even won two consecutive SB's. Shanny would do well to steer clear of the SD and Dallas.

rastaman
11-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Why does everyone assume it's in the pros? There will in all likelyhood be an opening in South Bend Indiana soon....

Yeek! What makes you think Shanny wants to baby sit and be a fatherly figure and still be expected to win....who needs the drama.

I don't think Shanny wants to deal frail thin skinned faculty members and alumnist. As well as play and complete with the mythical BCS championship BULL SHIIIIAT!

Screw COACHING in College.....its joke after having coaching in the NFL.

400HZ
11-13-2009, 10:34 AM

Yup.

BroncoBuff
11-13-2009, 10:57 AM

Yeah, that would be the most interesting choice .... the most drama right there.

I would love to see that.

Rohirrim
11-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Wherever Mike goes, Slowik goes with him. Good luck with that.

Hogan11
11-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Don't care where he goes as long as it's in the NFC.....Dallas would be the logical (and sickening) choice.

strafen
11-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Wherever Mike goes, Slowik goes with him. Good luck with that.

Good point...
So, is Slowik still unemployed?
No that I would be surprised if he wasn't!

OBF1
11-13-2009, 11:39 AM

You are kidding right??? Posters on the mane getting worked up...never. You post this like these idiots still let Bob the information idiot get under their skin after all these years. Orange mane posters are not as stupid as you think ;D

OBF1
11-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Don't care where he goes as long as it's in the NFC.....Dallas would be the logical (and sickening) choice.

I must be the only one that would welcome shanny back to the AFC....I would prefer the AFC West on top of that. I must be the only one that remembers the top notch job shanny did over the past few seasons.

Hogan11
11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I must be the only one that would welcome shanny back to the AFC....I would prefer the AFC West on top of that. I must be the only one that remembers the top notch job shanny did over the past few seasons.

Nah...Really, I just wanna see Dallas continue to suck.

BroncoBuff
11-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Nah...Really, I just wanna see Dallas continue to suck.

LOL ... why the Shanahan hating?

OBF1
11-13-2009, 01:09 PM

shanny, cutler, whats the difference !Booya!;D

BroncoBuff
11-13-2009, 01:10 PM
John Clayton reporting now, Lovie Smith won't be fired, Bears would owe him $11 million.

Hogan11
11-13-2009, 01:19 PM

If he becomes a HC of another team and doesn't have Slowick with him, then he's a potential threat and should be given no quarter! Ha!

OBF1
11-13-2009, 01:28 PM
John Clayton reporting now, Lovie Smith won't be fired, Bears would owe him $11 million.

So much for the shanny <3 cutler lovefest. thank god

missingnumber7
11-13-2009, 01:31 PM

They could demote him to DC and hire shanny.

Peoples Champ
11-13-2009, 02:09 PM
You are kidding right??? Posters on the mane getting worked up...never. You post this like these idiots still let Bob the information idiot get under their skin after all these years. Orange mane posters are not as stupid as you think ;D

Ya I didnt think this was going to happen for one second.