PDA

View Full Version : 3 running backs, 2 spots: HELP!

beanerbronco
11-12-2009, 08:00 AM
I have Chris Johnson vs the Bills, Ray Rice vs the Browns and MJD vs the Jets. Which 2 should I start?

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2009, 08:18 AM
CJ and Ray Rice.

Doggcow
11-12-2009, 08:46 AM
The real question is:

How the **** do you get Chris Johnson and MJD? Another one of these leagues where people are absolute morons in the draft I'm guessing.

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2009, 09:56 AM
The real question is:

How the **** do you get Chris Johnson and MJD? Another one of these leagues where people are absolute morons in the draft I'm guessing.

Good point. I can only guess that one was acquired in a trade. If they were both drafted by him, then clearly he is either in a 4 team league or he's drafting against a bunch of morons.

beanerbronco
11-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Good point. I can only guess that one was acquired in a trade. If they were both drafted by him, then clearly he is either in a 4 team league or he's drafting against a bunch of morons.

Haha I'm actually in a 14 man league. Had the 13th pick. Got MJD w the 13th and then CJ w the 16th. Everyone was busy over Forte, Turner, AP, Manning, Brady n the suchs. I picked up Rice in the 8th rnd believe it or not. Schuab on the 5th and Vincent Jackson on the 7th. I had a good draft but I'm 5-4 :/ struggling to make it to the playoffs.

Beantown Bronco
11-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Haha I'm actually in a 14 man league. Had the 13th pick. Got MJD w the 13th and then CJ w the 16th. Everyone was busy over Forte, Turner, AP, Manning, Brady n the suchs. I picked up Rice in the 8th rnd believe it or not. Schuab on the 5th and Vincent Jackson on the 7th. I had a good draft but I'm 5-4 :/ struggling to make it to the playoffs.

That simply makes no sense to me at all. MJD was a consensus top 3 pick. CJ right there behind him. Rice, 8th round in a 14 man league? And you are struggling to make the playoffs? What are you benching all these guys every week or what?

I'm mystified.

beanerbronco
11-15-2009, 06:30 AM
No dude. My entire team has struggled some weeks. I think week 6 all 3 or my rbs had a bye week. Week 4 all of my receivers had a bye. There's been weeks I've put up 150+ pts n some I've put up 60 lol. I call my team the best .500 team ever assembled

gunns
11-15-2009, 07:58 AM
That simply makes no sense to me at all. MJD was a consensus top 3 pick. CJ right there behind him. Rice, 8th round in a 14 man league? And you are struggling to make the playoffs? What are you benching all these guys every week or what?

I'm mystified.

I found the same thing in some of the leagues I'm in. People were wary of MJD mainly because the last two years he became more of a backup and inconsistent. I couldn't figure out the CJ thing but people weren't drafting him high. I got him in 3 leagues in the 3 and 4th round. Rice is understandable. Who knew what the Ravens were going to do for sure with Rice, McClain, and Willis M. But the league I couldn't figure out was the one where I got Johnson, Peterson and Brees. I was laughing through that draft, a 10 man league.

Oh yeah, start Rice and CJ.

Beantown Bronco
11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
I call my team the best .500 team ever assembled

I know how you feel there. I have the highest point total in one of my leagues and I'm in 5th place out of 10 with a 5-5 record. Unreal.

My core team consists of the following:

A. Peterson
P. Manning
R. Wayne
C. Benson
D. Sproles
J. Stewart
and Pitts defense

Doggcow
11-17-2009, 01:43 PM

Yeah, wow, that even blows more holes in the validity of the league lol. MJD 13th? CJ 16th? lol

Doggcow
11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
I know how you feel there. I have the highest point total in one of my leagues and I'm in 5th place out of 10 with a 5-5 record. Unreal.

My core team consists of the following:

A. Peterson
P. Manning
R. Wayne
C. Benson
D. Sproles
J. Stewart
and Pitts defense

Theres a real lineup right there!

Doggcow
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm rolling

Favre/Romo
AP, Grant, Ricky Williams
Greg Jennings,Hines Ward, Hakeem Nicks
Shiancoe
Platoon D's- GB/DAL/ARIZ

underrated29
11-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah- I hate you for making the AP trade and the Jennings trade. Now i fear your team very much come playoff time.

What sucks more is I have AP in my BIG money league. So i cant root against him either.

I do have P-ness envy of you Doggcow.

TheChamp24
11-17-2009, 04:07 PM
My core consists of:

Adrian Peterson
Phillip Rivers
Carson Palmer
Larry Fitzgerald
Vincent Jackson
Cedric Benson
Steelers D

and yet I'm 5-5 in my league, struggling for a playoff seed.

underrated29
11-17-2009, 06:35 PM
My core consists of:

Adrian Peterson
Phillip Rivers
Carson Palmer
Larry Fitzgerald
Vincent Jackson
Cedric Benson
Steelers D

If you make the playoffs, with a team like that, you are gonna smoke some teams.

Beantown Bronco
11-18-2009, 07:40 AM
My core consists of:

Adrian Peterson
Phillip Rivers
Carson Palmer
Larry Fitzgerald
Vincent Jackson
Cedric Benson
Steelers D

Peterson and Fitzgerald on the same team?!? How does that happen?

Doggcow
11-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah- I hate you for making the AP trade and the Jennings trade. Now i fear your team very much come playoff time.

What sucks more is I have AP in my BIG money league. So i cant root against him either.

I do have P-ness envy of you Doggcow.

I think those trades worked out really well for my team lol. I Never would have snagged Favre if I hadn't traded with you, and he seems to outscore Manning, or at least keep pace every week!

Ochocinco and Sjax are still studs for you every week, so you have that. I didn't expect Grant to be so... mediocre this year, but at least he's good for 10-12 every week. If Rodgers and ****hole Kuhnt didn't steal his TD's every week he'd be a monster.

Rigs11
12-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Which 2 to start? sproles, buckhalter, jamaal charles, J snelling, M turner?