PDA

View Full Version : The Problem with the 2009 Denver Broncos is...

Houshyamama
11-10-2009, 06:33 PM
vote or die

tsiguy96
11-10-2009, 06:39 PM
you cant just put it ALL on the coaches or players. its both. offensive gameplan isnt where it needs to be, and players arent executing when the plays are there.

spdirty
11-10-2009, 06:39 PM
1. offensive line.

2. Punter.

edit: interior of the offensive line excluding RG.

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Offense and Coaching..You cant win games by throwing short passes all the time.

Mogulseeker
11-10-2009, 06:41 PM
1. offensive line.

2. Punter.

This

chadta
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
wheres the hey ya cant win em all we all knew we had to lose some games option ?

DBroncos4life
11-10-2009, 07:08 PM
18.8 points per game is alarming. Only 16 of that per is coming from the O. Since week six we have gotten 9, bye week, 7, and 3 points from our O.

The problem is SD, Balt, and Pitt each had bye weeks before playing us. Having a extra week to look at film and prepare for us might be the reasons for the struggles that we have started to deal with.

azbroncfan
11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
The fans!

baja
11-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Where is the option;

There is nothing wrong with the 2009 Broncos in fact they are way ahead of schedule by anyone's measure.

bombay
11-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm happy with the way this team has played so far for the most part.

baja
11-10-2009, 07:19 PM
In our second year under Josh we will get better, keep that in mind

rbackfactory80
11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Really sad. I always laughed at people who took breaks from this board thinking how could it bother you that bad. These threads are just nonsense. We have a team expected by some to win 3 games this year and we are 6-2 in the NF Freaking L. Plenty of teams that went on to win the superbowl were in the same position as we are right now, somehow I doubt there fans were stupid enough to complain like some "Broncos" fans are. This is really a joke and people need to check themselves and ask how am I mad being 6-2 at the half way point.

Houshyamama
11-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Really sad. I always laughed at people who took breaks from this board thinking how could it bother you that bad. These threads are just nonsense. We have a team expected by some to win 3 games this year and we are 6-2 in the NF Freaking L. Plenty of teams that went on to win the superbowl were in the same position as we are right now, somehow I doubt there fans were stupid enough to complain like some "Broncos" fans are. This is really a joke and people need to check themselves and ask how am I mad being 6-2 at the half way point.

Dude, relax. It's obvious we're not perfect and right now it looks like our offense is the weakness. It's just a poll, keep your panties on. I'm ecstatic to even have a winning record at this point, doesn't mean we can't have a civilized discussion about what this team's weakness is.

Popps
11-10-2009, 07:46 PM
The fans!

Seriously.

6-2... a little bit of adversity, and the panties are all knotted up around here.

What a disaster season, huh? 1st place at the half-way mark.

Stormontheplains
11-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Would be a hell of alot better with Mike and Jay.

hambone13
11-10-2009, 08:00 PM

Definitely not better with Mike but perhaps better w/ JC. Josh has proven he's on his game coaching. If nothing else, he's done a great job convincing a great defensive coordinator to work by his side.

tsiguy96
11-10-2009, 08:03 PM

better than 6-2 and a dominant defense with the 2 ANTI-defensive people...gotcha

spdirty
11-10-2009, 08:11 PM

Hey, we aren't in August anymore. Josh raised expectations by winning the first 6 games. We see that we have a good team and want to beat the ratbirds and c u m rag wavers. And its frustrating when we dont cuz we think we should. Hell any loss leads to a week of frustration. Which means bltching.

Right now my hope/expectation for this team is 11-5 or 12-4, a division title and a playoff win.

Tell me, would you be perfectly happy, content and hunky dory if we went 3-5 in the second half, and missed the playoffs but were a game better than last year and "everyone thought we would be 3-13 in August?"

Hey, no matter where you were projected to start the season, when you win and beat 3 6-2 teams and a 5-3 team then folks expect you to do well every week. And when you slip a couple weeks, maybe show a couple cracks in some areas, it becomes cause for concern. Because expectations were raised. Don't go around like that jackass in preseason and at the beginning going around questioning peoples fanhood like a giant douche. Just put it in perspective.

bombay
11-10-2009, 08:19 PM

Like when Jay and Mike took a 7-4 team (with Plummer) that had gone to the AFC finals the season before, went 2-3 the rest of the way (with cutler) and missed the playoffs? Or the following season when they went 7-9? Or their crowning achievement last year - 8-8?

Ray Finkle
11-10-2009, 08:40 PM
talent....this team is well coached but not talented enough to hang with the big boys...need to strengthen the lines and add at RB and QB.

strafen
11-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Orton! No doubt.
We have arguably a better running game than we had last year. We definitely have a better defense.
We have the same OL personnel including coaches, we have the same RB coach.
We have the same players on offense as we had last year.
Orton has played all season long the same way he played against Pittsburgh, minus the INT's of course, but if you recall the game against Cincy, that's how he played; terrible. It took a miracle play to win that game. Starting 6-0 masked his performance, and nobody dared to call him out.
Aside from the New England game, he has been highly ineffective and irrelevant ALL SEASON LONG!.
Meaning he has done nothing to win the game, and nothing that could lose the game; game managing doesn't get you 1st downs or scores..
As I've said in another post, he's making it easier for opposing defenses to come after us on virtually every down. It doesn't matter if we're going to run the ball, or if we're going to pass the ball, crowding the line up applies to both of our options.
They will equally stop the run as they would the pass.That's what happens when they bring the safeties in to shut down our 20-yard perimeter that our offense operates in. And before you say Orton runs what it gets called, let me remind you we saw a different wide open offense when Brandstater had an extra week to prepare to play a full preseason game.Simms also showed we can also throw the ball deep and stretch defenses.Here's how we rank this year. Pathetic!

Passing yards: 17th
Rushing yards: 18th
Rushing TDs: 24th
Passing TDs: 24th
Scoring: 22nd

sisterhellfyre
11-10-2009, 10:42 PM
1. offensive line.

2. Punter.

edit: interior of the offensive line excluding RG.

Ditto and QFT.

enjolras
11-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Playing the two most physical defenses in the NFL is what's "wrong" with the Broncos. We currently don't have the offensive line (Left Guard/Center) to matchup. Our running backs are also TERRIBLE in pass protection.

That isn't a problem with any team left on the schedule with the possible exception of the Giants (and no, Washington doesn't play at nearly the physical level of our previous two opponents).

We're going to be just fine.

Hulamau
11-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Seriously.

6-2... a little bit of adversity, and the panties are all knotted up around here.

I'm in the tub now, hot water running and razor blade sharpened :pimp:

Houshyamama
11-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Seriously.

Nothing wrong with striving for perfection. I don't understand the problem.

long beach bronco
11-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Our QB's inability to create once containment breaks down is killing us. He could have took off and ran numerous times once the pocket broke down but he just stands there and gets sacked. I like Orton but he is nothing more than a good backup QB. This team need a playmaker at QB who can throw downfield which would loosen up the running game. What you see is what you get with Orton, he is who he is. A couple more bad outings and he will be sitting the bench, McD has a short leash, we've all seen it.

Punisher
11-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Well the problem is Mr Orton can't throw down filed and playing VS two great Safetys in a row anit gonna help that problem. We better hope that the Bears lose at least 8 to 11 games for we can get in postion to move up and get Stafford.

Traveler
11-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Gotta have more offensive production. Simple as that. In our two losses, the offense has scored a total of 10 points.

Conversely, since the offense has been short circuited (against two of the best defenses in the NFL), the defense has been on the field far too long and has given up 58 points in the last two games. 10-58 will lose you games everytime.

WolfpackGuy
11-11-2009, 05:21 AM
Not scoring early is the biggest problem.

The defense has allowed 6 points total in the last two first halves only to be buried in the second halves while the offense wallows in it's own muck. The offense is hanging them out to dry.

Eldorado
11-11-2009, 06:04 AM
Not scoring early is the biggest problem.

The defense has allowed 6 points total in the last two first halves only to be buried in the second halves while the offense wallows in it's own muck. The offense is hanging them out to dry.

This. I think it's the oline, but they haven't been playing patsies the last couple of weeks either.

ColoradoDarin
11-11-2009, 06:20 AM
1. Ben Hamilton - I think Wiegmann would do alright if we had a bigger body next to him. Hamilton just doesn't fit the scheme anymore, and I can't see him back next year.

2. Berger - Kern wasn't getting the hangtime, Berger isn't getting the distance. Colquitt is just sitting at home.

3. Playing the 2 best defenses from the AFC.

azbroncfan
11-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Well the problem is Mr Orton can't throw down filed and playing VS two great Safetys in a row anit gonna help that problem. We better hope that the Bears lose at least 8 to 11 games for we can get in postion to move up and get Stafford.

Matt Stafford?

rbackfactory80
11-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Hey, we aren't in August anymore. Josh raised expectations by winning the first 6 games. We see that we have a good team and want to beat the ratbirds and c u m rag wavers. And its frustrating when we dont cuz we think we should. Hell any loss leads to a week of frustration. Which means bltching.

Right now my hope/expectation for this team is 11-5 or 12-4, a division title and a playoff win.

Tell me, would you be perfectly happy, content and hunky dory if we went 3-5 in the second half, and missed the playoffs but were a game better than last year and "everyone thought we would be 3-13 in August?"

Hey, no matter where you were projected to start the season, when you win and beat 3 6-2 teams and a 5-3 team then folks expect you to do well every week. And when you slip a couple weeks, maybe show a couple cracks in some areas, it becomes cause for concern. Because expectations were raised. Don't go around like that jackass in preseason and at the beginning going around questioning peoples fanhood like a giant douche. Just put it in perspective.

You take douche to another level.:wave:

eddie mac
11-11-2009, 07:20 AM
would be a hell of alot better with mike and jay.
rofl!

Peoples Champ
11-11-2009, 07:23 AM
no problems this year, we have exceeded all expections.

Last year, failed all expectations

Garcia Bronco
11-11-2009, 07:57 AM
It's the o-line getting beat up front . Pure and Simple.

lex
11-11-2009, 08:03 AM
1. Ben Hamilton - I think Wiegmann would do alright if we had a bigger body next to him. Hamilton just doesn't fit the scheme anymore, and I can't see him back next year.

2. Berger - Kern wasn't getting the hangtime, Berger isn't getting the distance. Colquitt is just sitting at home.

3. Playing the 2 best defenses from the AFC.

What scheme? McDaniels said he wants to run both. If Hamilton is hindered by injury as some suggest, then there really isnt any scheme that suits him.

55CrushEm
11-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Gotta have more offensive production. Simple as that. In our two losses, the offense has scored a total of 10 points.

Conversely, since the offense has been short circuited (against two of the best defenses in the NFL), the defense has been on the field far too long and has given up 58 points in the last two games. 10-58 will lose you games everytime.

Sorry to nit-pick, but our defense has given up 44 points in the last 2 games......

Crushaholic
11-11-2009, 09:54 AM
We win with long, sustaining offensive drives. That gives the defense some much needed rest on the sidelines when we take 5-6 minutes on an offensive drive. It COULD be playcalling, but option 1 is the best choice for me...