PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Moss Sighting

LittleFloyd
11-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Did you notice that Jarvis Moss was in at LB when Andre Goodman made the pick. I know this wasn't cause and effect, but at least he was active for his second game of the year.

BTW, he is still a bust.

bpc
11-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Man, he was terrible. Same deal, run right up the field squarely into the chest of the offensive blocker. Get tied up. Do nothing.

Moss is really bad.

PRBronco
11-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Man, he was terrible. Same deal, run right up the field squarely into the chest of the offensive blocker. Get tied up. Do nothing.

Moss is really bad.

He was even using the patented Bob Slowik 4 point stance!

I lost it ><

backup qb
11-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I saw him in there. I guess I am delusional as I still hope to see him get in there and fly by a blocker and strip the ball from behind from some unsuspecting QB. I know its not going to happen but always nice to dream.....

Florida_Bronco
11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Did you notice that Jarvis Moss was in at LB when Andre Goodman made the pick. I know this wasn't cause and effect, but at least he was active for his second game of the year.

BTW, he is still a bust.

Yeah. It's slightly encouraging that he's getting some defensive playing time now. Hopefully that playing time continues to increase.

He was even using the patented Bob Slowik 4 point stance!

Are you sure? I saw him play at OLB and then at DE when we were in a 4-3 formation, but I never saw a 4 point stance.

Yeah, I saw him in there. I guess I am delusional as I still hope to see him get in there and fly by a blocker and strip the ball from behind from some unsuspecting QB. I know its not going to happen but always nice to dream.....

I wouldn't say it's delusional. The team kept him for a reason, and obviously felt confident enough in him to get him out on the field last night despite the fact that our linebackers have been playing great.

PRBronco
11-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Are you sure? I saw him play at OLB and then at DE when we were in a 4-3 formation, but I never saw a 4 point stance.

Yeah it was in the 4-3 look, in our red zone. He was beside Marcus Thomas (I remember thinking "Go 2007 draft!") and was lined up like right over the RT. What a waste, the guy is built to line up wide, not sure what the plan was there.

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 10:43 AM
We shoud have cut moss instead of Jack Williams

Florida_Bronco
11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah it was in the 4-3 look, in our red zone. He was beside Marcus Thomas (I remember thinking "Go 2007 draft!") and was lined up like right over the RT. What a waste, the guy is built to line up wide, not sure what the plan was there.

I'll have to watch the game again, but it sure looked like a 3 point stance to me.

PRBronco
11-10-2009, 10:47 AM
I'll have to watch the game again, but it sure looked like a 3 point stance to me.

Let me know! I hope I'm wrong :)

gtown
11-10-2009, 11:04 AM
What a waste, the guy is built to line up wide, not sure what the plan was there.

He wasn't supposed to be on the field. A gust of wind carried him off the bench and onto the field accidentally.

Florida_Bronco
11-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Let me know! I hope I'm wrong :)

Me too. If it turns out he was in a 4 point, I'm going to kick someone's ass. :approve:

Merlin
11-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't say it's delusional. The team kept him for a reason
No one would give them a 6th round draft choice for him. That being said, he is one of those players I hope one day magically turns around his game. He had some bad luck in college, it would be cool if he could somehow become the player his skill set suggests he can become.

WyoLaw
11-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Should have cut Moss instead of Crowder. At least Crowder has been playing in Tampa.

PRBronco
11-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Should have cut Moss instead of Crowder. At least Crowder has been playing in Tampa.

Bates is the DC in Tampa, dont' forget. Crowder was one of his guys. I was keeping an eye on him on the weekend, despite the sack he got, he was barely average.

cabronco
11-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Moss gets activated for the game, and Hillis is de-activated. Kern gets ousted for Berger. Somethings just don't make sense to me. I would of rather seen Hillis out there trying to get the running game going, than watching Moss get stonewalled each play. But thats just me. I guess just zip it, and see how the season unfolds. :-/

BlaK-Argentina
11-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Bates is the DC in Tampa, dont' forget. Crowder was one of his guys. I was keeping an eye on him on the weekend, despite the sack he got, he was barely average.

I thought Crowder was a Bates guy?

PRBronco
11-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I thought Crowder was a Bates guy?

Yeah he was, that's what I mean, like that's probably the only reason Crowder is a starter in Tampa. Not because McDaniels cut the wrong guy or something.

broncogary
11-10-2009, 05:22 PM
No one would give them a 6th round draft choice for him. That being said, he is one of those players I hope one day magically turns around his game. He had some bad luck in college, it would be cool if he could somehow become the player his skill set suggests he can become.

Jarvis Moss has a skill set? Hilarious!

misturanderson
11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Moss gets activated for the game, and Hillis is de-activated. Kern gets ousted for Berger. Somethings just don't make sense to me. I would of rather seen Hillis out there trying to get the running game going, than watching Moss get stonewalled each play. But thats just me. I guess just zip it, and see how the season unfolds. :-/

Hillis was at a funeral. If you're going to bitch, at least bitch about something real.

Cito Pelon
11-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah he was, that's what I mean, like that's probably the only reason Crowder is a starter in Tampa. Not because McDaniels cut the wrong guy or something.

Crowder picked up, Gaines Adams traded.

Florida_Bronco
11-10-2009, 08:36 PM
No one would give them a 6th round draft choice for him.

Those trade rumors were never substantiated.

cabronco
11-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Hillis was at a funeral. If you're going to b****, at least b**** about something real.

He was at a funeral Monday night ? Im sure he could be out of town, but any links verifying what you're saying ?

What about playing Baltimore, rb's had a tough time too. Thats real. I know we have line issues, but someone needs to jumpstart the Offense, keep the chains moving.

azbroncfan
11-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Moss is what he is a first round bust. He is a cockle bur that sticks to any OT that he runs into.

Elway777
11-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Jarvis Moss has never been given a chance to play as a 3-4 outside linebacker so its hard to jugde him. He buried behind Dumervil, Reid,Ayers and Hagens.

oubronco
11-11-2009, 06:26 AM
He's making alot of jack to be running behind all those guys and not being active most games

s0phr0syne
11-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Not that it matters, but would you rather the Broncos had Jarvis Moss @ 17 overall or be on the hook for Vernon Gholston @ 6 overall? ?? ? :P maybe we got kinda lucky?

SpiritGuy
11-11-2009, 08:10 AM
The other "sighting" during the 4th quarter was #75 Baker. Had to look at my list of players to figure out who the heck it was.

55CrushEm
11-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Moss is what he is a first round bust. He is a cockle bur that sticks to any OT that he runs into.

:spit:

Beantown Bronco
11-11-2009, 09:16 AM
He's making alot of jack to be running behind all those guys and not being active most games

He's actually making league minimum money right now. $660K this year and $750K next year. He got an up front bonus when he was drafted in 07, but that's it. He has only been collecting salary since then. About half of the $15 mil total that he signed for were tied to incentives that he hasn't reached.

Right now, he's really cheap and isn't making any more money than anyone on the "non practice squad" roster, which is why he's still on the team most likely.

Houshyamama
11-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Jarvis Moss has never been given a chance to play as a 3-4 outside linebacker so its hard to jugde him. He buried behind Dumervil, Reid,Ayers and Hagens.

A first round draft pick in his third year should be able to out-play Haggan, Reid and the Rookie.

PRBronco
11-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Not that it matters, but would you rather the Broncos had Jarvis Moss @ 17 overall or be on the hook for Vernon Gholston @ 6 overall? ?? ? :P maybe we got kinda lucky?

People forget that Jamaal Anderson has been pretty bust-tastic too! I think he went at 10 or 11 that year.