PDA

View Full Version : Washington will be A LOT tougher for us than some may suggest.......

broncofan7
11-10-2009, 05:25 AM
1) short week, on the road, east coast, early game--'nuff said

2) Despite their record--they have some talent and they played Philly well at home (minus some big plays by incredibly fast DeSean Jackson)They competed fairly well against ATL too last week---too bad we don't have a running game..........

Washington in almost a mirror image of us as well--defensively minded team with an ANEMIC offense led by former Offensive coordinators--someone did a thread on this last week--I poo-poo'd it at first--but ............

MATCHUP:
QB-even
RB-Wash
WR-DEN
OL-DEN
DL-WAS
LB-Even--Fletcher is a BEAST.
DB-DEN
ST-even--If we employ Berger next week I am going to be pissed BEYOND belief---in summary 6 and 3 is a REAL possibility here folks...........

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 05:30 AM
I don't think anyone should be confident after seeing how our team played since bye week.
As i said earlier, Mcd's playcalling reminded me of Zorn.

If it is 3rd and 10..QB throws short pases and relies on Receivers to make the play.
I know people don't like what i say..but, it is the fact.

Mcd = Zorn..If you see Zorn's record after 8 games..it is 6-2.

long beach bronco
11-10-2009, 05:33 AM
The skins will look at the tape of our losses and try and stack the box and dare Orton to beat them. We need to air it out and just beat them down, although, any dog with teeth can bite.

jmz313
11-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Sucks to say buit the Broncos slide goes to 3 games this Sunday, for no other reason then I am going to the game and I have never seen the Broncos win in person. 3 Games, 3 Losses. strongly considering staying home but they dont come to MD often and Skin tix are found on ground right now.

Denver turns drives into point against the Skin, its a Win. they dont, and teh Skins hang around, its a loss. They are Horrible on O average but decent on D. obviously very beatable though. Our O of late looks very Poor on the oposing teams half of the field.

jmz313
11-10-2009, 05:40 AM
as for Broncofan7 list, Portis aint gonna be playing and Zorn was never an O condinator.

lex
11-10-2009, 05:43 AM
This is a winnable game but far from a gimmee. Washingtons defense has been good for the most part and their best player on defense is a horrific matchup as Haynesworth will be pitted against one of our biggest weakest links in Hamilton.

Washingtons offense doesnt seem to be on par with Pitt or Balt, but that doesnt mean they cant be on for one day. Plus, Washingtons offense may not need to be great if their defense can turn us over.

This game is hugely important. Plus, as the OP mentioned, theres that whole thing that its on the east coast which is always a cause for concern.

Broncoman13
11-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Has anyone told you yet today... You're an idiot!

The Redskins are about to get a beat down of epic proporitions this week. This is a team that we can stand up and be physical with and they will wither.

Plain and simple, we'll win this game by 14 points or more and we'll get well against the Skins. If not, McD needs to take a long hard look at "the man in the mirror, where it all starts."

1) short week, on the road, east coast, early game--'nuff said

2) Despite their record--they have some talent and they played Philly well at home (minus some big plays by incredibly fast DeSean Jackson)They competed fairly well against ATL too last week---too bad we don't have a running game..........

Washington in almost a mirror image of us as well--defensively minded team with an ANEMIC offense led by former Offensive coordinators--someone did a thread on this last week--I poo-poo'd it at first--but ............

MATCHUP:
QB-even
RB-Wash
WR-DEN
OL-DEN
DL-WAS
LB-Even--Fletcher is a BEAST.
DB-DEN
ST-even--If we employ Berger next week I am going to be pissed BEYOND belief---in summary 6 and 3 is a REAL possibility here folks...........

broncofan7
11-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Sucks to say buit the Broncos slide goes to 3 games this Sunday, for no other reason then I am going to the game and I have never seen the Broncos win in person. 3 Games, 3 Losses. strongly considering staying home but they dont come to MD often and Skin tix are found on ground right now.

Denver turns drives into point against the Skin, its a Win. they dont, and teh Skins hang around, its a loss. They are Horrible on O average but decent on D. obviously very beatable though. Our O of late looks very Poor on the oposing teams half of the field.

Can I buy your tickets and kindly suggest you stay home? ;)

broncofan7
11-10-2009, 05:48 AM
as for Broncofan7 list, Portis aint gonna be playing and Zorn was never an O condinator.

Betts is more than capable and I stand corrected on Zorn......

broncofan7
11-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Has anyone told you yet today... You're an idiot!

The Redskins are about to get a beat down of epic proporitions this week. This is a team that we can stand up and be physical with and they will wither.

Plain and simple, we'll win this game by 14 points or more and we'll get well against the Skins. If not, McD needs to take a long hard look at "the man in the mirror, where it all starts."

Washington is physical as well---especially their defense. Our only hope is that our D can impose their will on the sorry Skins O-line--but we certainly didn't do a goopd job stopping PITT's running game last night despite their suspect OL..........

barryr
11-10-2009, 05:51 AM
If the o-line doesn't start blocking better, then the Bronco offense will struggle against anybody. It all starts up front.

fontaine
11-10-2009, 06:08 AM
I don't think it's fair to say Washington have a team.

Zorn is a lame duck.
Campbell was pretty much shown the door in the offseason.
Portis has aged worse than Tomlinson.
Cooley is gone.
The bookend tackles are gone.
And players are openly questioning the GM and Coaches.

All Denver need to do is hit 'em in the mouth early and they'll go down in a heap. In other words Denver has to actually score some points in the first half instead of punt, punt, punt, fumble, punt, FG.

ElwayMD
11-10-2009, 06:22 AM

Don't worry I'm going to the game and I have never seen the Broncos lose in person so that should cancel out your bad mojo.

ElwayMD
11-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Washington is physical as well---especially their defense. Our only hope is that our D can impose their will on the sorry Skins O-line--but we certainly didn't do a goopd job stopping PITT's running game last night despite their suspect OL..........

The Steelers O-Line gets a bad rap for protection because Ben holds on to the ball for so long. It's more a case of Big Bens confidence in himself than the ability of the O-line to hold a block.

dbfan4life
11-10-2009, 06:29 AM
I gonna stand up and say we kick the **** out of the Redskins! That's all.

Beantown Bronco
11-10-2009, 06:36 AM
It's more a case of Big Bens confidence in himself than the ability of the O-line to hold a block.

I think it's clear after watching last night's game that holding is not a problem for the Pitt OLine.

55CrushEm
11-10-2009, 06:37 AM
Duh.....we will win because this is Champ's first return to Washington since we acquired him in a trade.....

Yeah, that's it.... :slapsilly

Oh, yeah....that and the fact I hit 3,000 posts......I'm ****ing awesome, right Buff ??

Garcia Bronco
11-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Their defense is very good. Hopefully on our defense we confuse the heck out of Campbell.

Beantown Bronco
11-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Their defense is very good. Hopefully on our defense we confuse the heck out of Campbell.

As long as they take the field with 11 guys, that mission will likely be accomplished.

Rabb
11-10-2009, 07:09 AM
I don't think anyone should be confident after seeing how our team played since bye week.

If it is 3rd and 10..QB throws short pases and relies on Receivers to make the play.

this is the only part I agree with, McD is better than Zorn but god damn those short screens on 3rd and 10 are just killing me

watermock
11-10-2009, 07:16 AM
this is the only part I agree with, McD is better than Zorn but god damn those short screens on 3rd and 10 are just killing me

That was priceless with 9 on the LOS.

If we had run a pick, it might of gone the distance, but no.....

Denver724
11-10-2009, 07:16 AM

Man, I agree. It will be devastating if we lose against the Skins. The Chargers will come in licking their chops.

Elway777
11-10-2009, 07:47 AM
I hope we win but the Changer game in 2 weeks is the game that matters.

WolfpackGuy
11-10-2009, 07:50 AM

"Here, Brandon. Catch a pass 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage and break 10 tackles for the first."

SonOfLe-loLang
11-10-2009, 08:17 AM
This game will be a litmus test for us, but we really should beat them.

Rabb
11-10-2009, 08:27 AM
"Here, Brandon. Catch a pass 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage and break 10 tackles for the first."

that is around the time I wanted to stop watching too, terrible

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 08:29 AM
As long as our coach thinks that we will win games by throwing short pases, then every team has chance against us.

He also made a mistake of releasing Kern and getting Berger.

broncofan7
11-10-2009, 08:35 AM
As long as our coach thinks that we will win games by throwing short pases, then every team has chance against us.

He also made a mistake of releasing Kern and getting Berger.

Berger needs to be gone--yesterday.