PDA

View Full Version : Chill the hell out people

BroncoMan4ever
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Jesus Christ people need to relax. Did anyone truly believe we would be 6-2 at the midway point of the season? Many didn't even believe we were capable of winning 6 games all season.

No one seems to remember, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are 2 very good and strong teams. Pittsburgh is the defending super bowl champion, and Baltimore realistically could easily have been a 7-1 team at this moment.

Look at our schedule. Many believed that weeks 4-9 were brutal and we would have been lucky to win 2 out of those 5 game. we went 3-2 in that stetch. we still lead the division by a game, we play Washington next week, and SD the week after. we still control our own destiny, and we are still a very good team that just got outplayed by 2 very good teams.

Williams
11-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm chill. I never expected an undefeated season so 6-2 is gravy to me. It was a disappointing loss, but to a tough team. Now, bring on the skins!

Taco John
11-09-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't think there's actually that much overreaction going on. I think that the reaction to the loss is pretty well in proportion to the way the team lost tonight. There are a few buttheads, like any loss, but this isn't actually too bad.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, relax. This is just standard operating procedure in Denver.

Fast start, then the losing begins. It's tradition!

watermock
11-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Again, it's both siurprising how well the D is playing and how poor the O is playing.
We HAD a great pool of talent on O and drafted 6 players, brought in Buck and Gaff...

Somethings wrong with our blocking besides personell

chrisp
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
I agree that 6-2 was probably beyond my wildest expectations, and that playoffs, which are still a strong likelihood, would make this a very successful season.

However I was hoping for a better 2nd half to the season than the first, and sadly i don't think that will happen. I'm now seeing a 5-3 or 4-4 2nd half, which will be fine becuase we'll be 10-6 or 11-5 but it will be a little too close to the late-season fades we saw under shanny.

Mind you, they do say that you learn more from a loss than a win, and it does seem that the defense is still fine, just so long as the offense can get over some of its problems.

I'm tempted to say its the interior o-line that's the problem. The playcalling may also be an issue, but I don't think you throw your whole offensive approach and gameplan under the bus after 2 bad games against good teams

Kaylore
11-09-2009, 11:22 PM
I didn't expect anything more than 9-7. We can win three more games. Either way, I think these games will show McDaniels what he does and does not have. 6-2 is still great and we're finally into the softer part of our schedule. Can we adjust? I don't know.

Does Orton not throw down field because of the play calling, or do we not run plays down field because of Orton? Time will tell. Patience in all things people. McDaniels knows what he's doing, he's just learning about this team.

Popps
11-10-2009, 01:14 AM
I I'm now seeing a 5-3 or 4-4 2nd half, which will be fine becuase we'll be 10-6 or 11-5 but it will be a little too close to the late-season fades we saw under shanny.

That's the problem with starting 6-0... it's tough to improve in the 2nd half of the season!

But, we knew our schedule got very tough. I'm proud of the way this team fought through these games. They were just overmatched. It's that simple. We're a much-improved team, but we need time (and talent) to get where we're going.

My goal from this team from training camp was that we would improve as the season went on. Despite some adversity as of late, I still believe we can.

We can lose a couple of games, and become a better team in the process. It's no fun, but these games will make us better.

This team isn't going to fall apart like the past few.

MplsBronco
11-10-2009, 05:52 AM
As most suspected, this team just isn't that good and we were given hope of a miraculous turnaround with the 6-0 start. But with that 6-0 start just about everything went in our favor. While disappointed, I am not surprised with the results of the last two weeks. I predicted 7-9 wins this year with the hopes of seeing the team improve and become more consistent. The beat downs the last two weeks are disappointing due to the extent of the beating. I can see this team winning 4 more games, max.

Clearly, Orton is not the answer. I am not a basher, he is just limited. Surprisingly the run game is atrocious, oline is weak (not surprising) and it seems teams are figuring out McDaniels. There remains holes to plug with this team. It's still his first season and 10-6 would be a great year imo.

HorseHead
11-10-2009, 06:20 AM
paging Tony Sheffler to customer service...where is he?

supermanhr9
11-10-2009, 06:45 AM
I love it, when we win this board erupts, and when we lose this board implodes. Face it, Orton had a back to back average game and a bad game. Both games against great defenses. Yes.

I think everyone forgot because of the quick 6-0 start that this team is still rebuilding. We all need to remember we are not going to the super bowl this year. Our goal is to first make the playoffs and secondly win the AFC west. Both are things that have evaded us for the past 3 seasons.

We play a poor team next week. We win that we are sitting at 7-2. Pretty damn decent record through week 10.

For the record, I'm guilty of getting caught up in the excitement of the 6-0 start.

Meck77
11-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Broncos are 6-2. Fishing has been great! Life is good today.

watermock
11-10-2009, 07:00 AM
The problem is that the team has gotten older, we haven't adequately addressed the RB position, our secondary is very old, aand we need a QB.

Our draft of 3 first rounders hasn't produced 1 starter. In fact, the entire draft hasn't produced 1 yet. Blow smoke up my ass, but 1 pick w/5 picks in the first 3 should be starting.

Our only true playmaker is going to leave.

spdirty
11-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Im chill. These 2 games brought me back to earth a bit, but if we dont beat washington Ill probably lose it.

Rohirrim
11-10-2009, 07:31 AM

And the worthless pieces of **** who are too gutless to show up when we're winning come out of the cracks like cockroaches when we lose. Tradition.

_Oro_
11-10-2009, 07:35 AM
I would like to single out Ben Hamilton for both losses. He gets tossed around all night long and they just send everyone through him. Now it's like he's not even trying. On one broken down play Wiegman came running in from farther away than Hamilton to block someone and Hamilton was just standing there like the play was over.

_Oro_
11-10-2009, 07:36 AM
And watching the Steelers LG Kemo whatever just made it that much worse. I think
Shanny did a good job of hiding Hamilton's suck.

TonyR
11-10-2009, 07:38 AM
...Blow smoke up my ass...

If we win this week will you take another break? Please?

Mountain Bronco
11-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Look, this is still a good team, but we are not an elite team and not real SB contenders. Moreno and Buck ran the ball horribly, but what was with the play calling. No imagination in the running game at all. The D got worn down, Champ played his worst game ever and Orton can't throw a deep ball to save his life. However, you have to take some shots. Before the game was out of hand how many throws of over 20 yards did we attempt? I think only 1. Teams are going to sit on our intermediate routes until we show we are willing to go down field.

With that said, I sitll see 4-6 wins on the schedule. Don't expect any blowouts though, the D will keep us in games, but the offense has to get going.

fontaine
11-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Gotta love threads like this.

I'm sure this is exactly what McDaniels is saying to his offense right now.

Pass/Run blocking sucks? No problem team, just chill.
Multiple turnovers? No problem team, just chill.
Our punter maxes out at 30 yards? No problem team, just chill.

Yeah, because all that it takes to improve down the playoff stretch, is to just chill.

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
I want to see some improvement in the team..I don't care about wins or loses.
Previous years our team always start fast and then fade in the end.
I believe this team is no different..

strafen
11-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I didn't expect anything more than 9-7. We can win three more games. Either way, I think these games will show McDaniels what he does and does not have. 6-2 is still great and we're finally into the softer part of our schedule. Can we adjust? I don't know.

Does Orton not throw down field because of the play calling, or do we not run plays down field because of Orton? Time will tell. Patience in all things people. McDaniels knows what he's doing, he's just learning about this team.

When we all have seen both Simms and Brandstater play in pre-season, we saw a different game plan. We saw Simms throwing the ball deep, we saw Brandstater do the same and throwing the ball on the run with accuracy as well.
Orton is a big handicap to our offense. Opposing defenses are piling up the line scrimmage to stop Orton's 4-yard passes and the run at the same time.
It's a catch-22. They stop the run and the pass in the same breath.

Orton can't hit recievers in stride. That makes it easier for defenders to cover our players.

We need a better QB that can keep defenses honest. So far they're cheating against us. If we can't throw the deep ball, they're going to stop our lousy QB and the run.
Can't blame the OL for having to face a hell in every play. They're going to be overwhelmed by constantly trying to block more players than we have people to block.
Come on, it's not that hard to figure out why our running game is not working.

Put a different QB in there, and that will give our running game a better chance to succeed!

Bronco Rob
11-10-2009, 08:35 AM
:thumbs:

DenverBroncosJM
11-10-2009, 08:37 AM
I want to see some improvement in the team..I don't care about wins or loses.
Previous years our team always start fast and then fade in the end.
I believe this team is no different..

We played two very tough teams hell one won the Superbowl a couple months ago.

We lose to the Redskins it might be time to start wondering but right now we are in good shape.

We win 4 more games we are in the playoffs, who would have ever thought that? 5 more and we will most likely win the division.

Rigs11
11-10-2009, 08:38 AM
6-2 for the first half of the season? i'll take it.I say we beat up on washington and beat the dolts again. Relax people.

lex
11-10-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't think there's actually that much overreaction going on. I think that the reaction to the loss is pretty well in proportion to the way the team lost tonight. There are a few buttheads, like any loss, but this isn't actually too bad.

But theyre necessary in order to keep harmony in the universe. Theyre necessary to offset the blind apologists like Poops and BologneR.

BroncoMan4ever
11-10-2009, 09:02 AM

unlike the Chiefs tradition which is to suck at the beginning of the season suck in the middle of the season, and continue to suck at the end of the season

BroncoMan4ever
11-10-2009, 09:05 AM
That's the problem with starting 6-0... it's tough to improve in the 2nd half of the season!

But, we knew our schedule got very tough. I'm proud of the way this team fought through these games. They were just overmatched. It's that simple. We're a much-improved team, but we need time (and talent) to get where we're going.

My goal from this team from training camp was that we would improve as the season went on. Despite some adversity as of late, I still believe we can.

We can lose a couple of games, and become a better team in the process. It's no fun, but these games will make us better.

This team isn't going to fall apart like the past few.

my goal with this team this season was to lay a foundation to build a perenial contender on. i thought there was enough talent and good enough coaching that we could win a weak division and return to the playoffs which is nice, but i was not and still am not expecting a deep playoff run.

Peoples Champ
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Jesus Christ people need to relax. Did anyone truly believe we would be 6-2 at the midway point of the season? Many didn't even believe we were capable of winning 6 games all season.

No one seems to remember, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are 2 very good and strong teams. Pittsburgh is the defending super bowl champion, and Baltimore realistically could easily have been a 7-1 team at this moment.

Look at our schedule. Many believed that weeks 4-9 were brutal and we would have been lucky to win 2 out of those 5 game. we went 3-2 in that stetch. we still lead the division by a game, we play Washington next week, and SD the week after. we still control our own destiny, and we are still a very good team that just got outplayed by 2 very good teams.

im on you same page as you guys

BroncoMan4ever
11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
And watching the Steelers LG Kemo whatever just made it that much worse. I think
Shanny did a good job of hiding Hamilton's suck.

Nalen, Lepsis, and Clady were all the ones hiding his suck.

as much as i have liked the guy, he just can't cut it anymore. he is nowhere near strong enough to hold up in this new running scheme, and he needs to be replaced. I think it is time to begin seeing what Olsen, Hochstein or Gorin can do.