PDA

View Full Version : The weakest link of the team...

sgbfan
11-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Ben Hamilton. Is it just me or is he getting pushed backward and beat all the time. I don't study the line like some of you, and maybe I'm totally wrong, but we have a STUD left tackle and the guy next to him stinks so we can't even run toward arguably our best player. Chew me apart if I'm totally wrong.
Next weekest link, Berger. He stinks. He hasn't had one good punt the last 2 weeks

SJ Bronco
11-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Ben Hamilton. Is it just me or is he getting pushed backward and beat all the time. I don't study the line like some of you, and maybe I'm totally wrong, but we have a STUD left tackle and the guy next to him stinks so we can't even run toward arguably our best player. Chew me apart if I'm totally wrong.
Next weekest link, Berger. He stinks. He hasn't had one good punt the last 2 weeks

I think hamilton is getting beat in the running game, but I don't think he's completely useless. I would replace him if i could. Berger, while so bad it's unnatural, I don't think has a big enough impact on the game to be 2nd in line. I think the weak link is behind center and at the half back as far as blocking for the pass and slipping and falling when he has an open lane.

sgbfan
11-09-2009, 10:19 PM
I think hamilton is getting beat in the running game, but I don't think he's completely useless. I would replace him if i could. Berger, while so bad it's unnatural, I don't think has a big enough impact on the game to be 2nd in line. I think the weak link is behind center and at the half back as far as blocking for the pass and slipping and falling when he has an open lane.

I think that Moreno needs to wait for a hole to open, but I wouldn't say thats a huge problem. Buckhalter is good at finding the holes and can't find any. Maybe we were just really unlucky to play 2 REALLY good defenses that were pumped up and ready for us coming off bye weeks. I hope thats the biggest problem. We needed KC somewhere in the middle of the season to give us some confidence.

SJ Bronco
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I think that Moreno needs to wait for a hole to open, but I wouldn't say thats a huge problem. Buckhalter is good at finding the holes and can't find any. Maybe we were just really unlucky to play 2 REALLY good defenses that were pumped up and ready for us coming off bye weeks. I hope thats the biggest problem. We needed KC somewhere in the middle of the season to give us some confidence.

I think the Ravens found something that worked, the steelers copied it a bit, and McDaniels didn't have an answer for it. I'm hoping he's looking for the answer and I'm sure he'll find it

Popps
11-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Hamilton is struggling... there's no question.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Your left guard is struggling, you say?

http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Interactives%20and%20Slideshows/NFL/ss_090415_10towatchin2009_Rosenthal/090415_RosenthalsMust_See_Games/090415_AlbertHaynesworth_h.h2.jpg

kappys
11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm just not sure about Hamilton anymore. I hate to say that Olsen might be better but I have to wonder if its not worth a shot.

That said Hamilton is there mentally - he just doesn't have the power to hold back a driving D-lineman in a bull rush and they all know it.

Beantown Bronco
11-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Haynesworth is on the sidelines more than he's on the field. He can be schemed for and doesn't worry me all that much.

jbiel
11-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Mitch Berger and Hamilton is a close second.

houghtam
11-09-2009, 10:43 PM