PDA

View Full Version : Go get Larry Johnson

long beach bronco
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Our running game is gone, we need a big workhorse back like Johnson. He can take some heat off of Ortons horrible play. ;)

bloodsunday
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Almost as dumb as another Cutler thread.

First of all, he's a cancer. Secondly, our backs are fine.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Ummm...no

DomCasual
Is this thread serious? It's not, right?

rugbythug
We would need a time machine. And if you get one of those go get Elway instead.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Does that attitude that comes with the 2.1ypc average scream game changer ........ Unless he can make it rain up in clubs dudes mojo is toast.

strafen
11-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Our running game futility is a direct reaction to our passing game...
See...when we can't throw the ball deep, when we lack a deep threat, opposing defenses are going to stack up the line to stop the dink and dunk passes, and by doing so, they're killing two birds with one rock.
When they stack up the line against us, we can't throw the stupid dink and dunk, and we can't run the ball, can we?

long beach bronco
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Stupid yes, but what happens if we do sign that cancer?

bowtown
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/Jesus_facepalm.jpg

Rohirrim
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
That's what we're missing, LJ's 2.7 yards per carry.

SoDak Bronco
11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
thanks for making me laugh...lol

houghtam
11-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Does Larry Johnson play LG or is this a different Larry Johnson I don't know about?

SoCalBronco
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
We don't need a jackass like that. We have a nice stable of talented backs. Moreno clearly has skills, he's a rookie, though. Buckhalter is more than serviceable. We all know what Hillis can do, both in the run game and also in the pass game. That's the one area I'd like to see the staff work on a little more...get Peyton some carries...hell, just get him in the game. He's a threat out of the backfield and he's a jackhammer in shortyardage. I know he's fumbled the ball and Josh puts alot of emphasis on being able to trust his guys with the ball, but give him some chances at least.

I think the run game will improve when Harris gets back. It will improve more when the line becomes more adapt at fold blocks and traps and the types of runs we're emphasizing this year. That's inherently difficult for certain players who are not generally solid across schemes...obviously Hamilton is clearly in that area. He's almost solely a zone blocking lineman. His frame isn't helpful in a man scheme or a power scheme. To a slightly lesser extent this is also true for Weigmann. Obviously, Clady is an all-around beast. He could succeed in any scheme, regardless, although I think even he would be slightly better off in a zone scheme. Kuper is more of a bull in a china shop, so the transition for him probably hasn't been too bad. I think Harris will be fine, as well. Personally, I would hope that Josh would allow Dennison to put more of the zone stuff in the gameplan. It's what those guys do well, its what they know how to do in their sleep. It would seem like a good idea, at least as a tool of transition until Josh can get the type of lineman he wants for his style in at C and LG.

But LJ....no stay away from him. That guy is a POS and is nothing but trouble. Even as a football player, he's completely washed up. There's no need to have him come here. We've got solid character guys in the backfield. We don't need them listening to that bigot. LJ needs to have his dick rammed into a Kenmore blender. When it's on.

Rohirrim
11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
It's the era of the munchkin backs. I want that kid Jacquizz from Oregon State. ;D

Bob's your Information Minister
11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Honestly, with your offensive line, Larry would probably look pretty good. Don't forget this guy was busting off 60 yard runs last season.

He's also learned to pass block at a decent level.

And if you're winning, he's not going to cause any problems.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
"my lapdance ain't over skank, GRIND or get a knuckle cake"

Hogan11
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Our running game is gone, we need a big workhorse back like Johnson. He can take some heat off of Ortons horrible play.

:spit: BRAHAHAHAHAHA!

11-09-2009, 09:49 PM
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/11/09/23/larry_johnson_sale_1a_11-10-2009_MD1CGJOF.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Popps
11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Honestly, with your offensive line, Larry would probably look pretty good. Don't forget this guy was busting off 60 yard runs last season.

He's also learned to pass block at a decent level.

And if you're winning, he's not going to cause any problems.

Hilarious!

He's one of the worst blocking RBs in the league.

Boob, why do you even bother. You're just so bad.

11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Hilarious!

Do you even watch the Chiefs? His blocking has definitely improved. They don't take him out on every third down like they used to.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Unless he can play OG.... then no

GreeleyGrizzley
11-09-2009, 10:17 PM
HA! LJ is a washed up punk.

Steve Sewell
11-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Do you even watch the Chiefs? His blocking has definitely improved. They don't take him out on every third down like they used to.

It's improved about as much as your chances of losing your virginity.

11-09-2009, 10:30 PM
It's improved about as much as your chances of losing your virginity.

Since I lost my virginity months ago, apparently LJ is a terrific blocker. :~ohyah!:

broncos-rock
11-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Let me just add............Can he friggin punt the football???? (in my best dan hawkins voice)

OBF1
11-09-2009, 10:32 PM
and lets sign LT while we are at it. LJ is done. Now everyone stand back while I kick long beach in his raisins

uplink
11-09-2009, 11:34 PM
This would be a repeat of one of the things that ruined Shanny, bringing in 'me 1st' players and paying them as opposed to team guys. These guys got to play for their team, when they just play for their paychecks then you have the Washington Redskins.

Broncos D has been playing as a team and that is why JMFW should not have been let go. He was playing fine and IMO it hurts the team morale.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

broncocalijohn
11-10-2009, 12:46 AM
one of the worst threads and we need a good laugh. Too bad he wasnt joking. Long Beach Bronco should take a few days off because if you look at his posts, there are some horrible typing going on there.

long beach bronco
11-10-2009, 04:52 AM
It was a sarcastic thread idiots, that why I rarely post on here even though i've been around forever. Why hate on Raider and Charger fans when hating on each other is all you people do here. Freaking idiots.

Broncoman13
11-10-2009, 05:04 AM
We don't need a jackass like that. We have a nice stable of talented backs. Moreno clearly has skills, he's a rookie, though. Buckhalter is more than serviceable. We all know what Hillis can do, both in the run game and also in the pass game. That's the one area I'd like to see the staff work on a little more...get Peyton some carries...hell, just get him in the game. He's a threat out of the backfield and he's a jackhammer in shortyardage. I know he's fumbled the ball and Josh puts alot of emphasis on being able to trust his guys with the ball, but give him some chances at least.

I think the run game will improve when Harris gets back. It will improve more when the line becomes more adapt at fold blocks and traps and the types of runs we're emphasizing this year. That's inherently difficult for certain players who are not generally solid across schemes...obviously Hamilton is clearly in that area. He's almost solely a zone blocking lineman. His frame isn't helpful in a man scheme or a power scheme. To a slightly lesser extent this is also true for Weigmann. Obviously, Clady is an all-around beast. He could succeed in any scheme, regardless, although I think even he would be slightly better off in a zone scheme. Kuper is more of a bull in a china shop, so the transition for him probably hasn't been too bad. I think Harris will be fine, as well. Personally, I would hope that Josh would allow Dennison to put more of the zone stuff in the gameplan. It's what those guys do well, its what they know how to do in their sleep. It would seem like a good idea, at least as a tool of transition until Josh can get the type of lineman he wants for his style in at C and LG.

But LJ....no stay away from him. That guy is a POS and is nothing but trouble. Even as a football player, he's completely washed up. There's no need to have him come here. We've got solid character guys in the backfield. We don't need them listening to that bigot. LJ needs to have his dick rammed into a Kenmore blender. When it's on.

I agree with everything you said SoCal... except that LJ is completely washed up. You watch, he'll end up on a team that is contending and run like a champ. I don't want him on our team b/c he is, like you said, a cancer... but he isn't washed up just yet.

As for all of the blocking, Hillis, and OL comments. Agree 100%

loborugger
11-10-2009, 05:05 AM
It was a sarcastic thread idiots, that why I rarely post on here even though i've been around forever. Why hate on Raider and Charger fans when hating on each other is all you people do here. Freaking idiots.

Well, as one of the resident idiots, it was really difficult to decipher from the one sentence statement - minus even a smilie - that you werent dead serious.

Broncoman13
11-10-2009, 05:07 AM
Hilarious!

No that would be what the Broncos RBs have been trying to do the last few games. Buckhalter and Moreno have been horrible in pass pro...HORRIBLE.

I'm pretty disappointed with Moreno at this point. I know he is a rookie but RB is one of the few positions where a rookie can come in and excel from day one.

Broncoman13
11-10-2009, 05:09 AM
Well, as one of the resident idiots, it was really difficult to decipher from the one sentence statement - minus even a smilie - that you werent dead serious.

He was serious and it wasn't a sarcastic thread when he started it. When he found out that 99% of OM doesn't want any part of Diaper Boy, he decided to make it sarcastic.

long beach bronco
11-10-2009, 05:12 AM
Putting up a happy face or rolling eyes wouldn't have mattered around this place. Most of you live to kill each other on this site.

long beach bronco
11-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Hey broncocalijohn, your right, I am taking a few days off. I should challenge you do a duel, since I drive by your area every morning going to work (Edison-San Onofre). :)

broncocalijohn
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM

see, if LB bronco posted consistently on hom much he hates LJ, then we could understand the sarcasm. He doesnt post much and nowhere could we see that. I say he is covering his A$$ for making a horrible thread. Sorry LB, i dont buy it.

broncocalijohn
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey broncocalijohn, your right, I am taking a few days off. I should challenge you do a duel, since I drive by your area every morning going to work (Edison-San Onofre). :)

just dont touch the boobies in San Onofre as I dont want to glow.

long beach bronco
11-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Your right, I made a horrible thread. I lose.

Smiling Assassin27
11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
700 post rule

broncosteven
11-10-2009, 03:04 PM

They just cut him instead of pull him out on 3rd downs.

broncosteven
11-10-2009, 03:10 PM

If anyone should be in a dog house for fumbling it is Moreno, he got hung out to dry last week but he has put the ball on the ground more than hillis.

Khan said something about Hillis being slow to understand the system I can see that excuse but you have to find a way to get a player who did as much as he did last year the ball.

Hamilton cannot trap or lead in a power system, he is the weak link this year and needs to go. Weigman's age is scarry but he can still move around and make plays.

They need to work on getting a consistent run game going and focus on positive yardage plays, getting owned on 1st or 2nd down forcing a 3rd and long is getting old. The last 2 teams have owned us on 2nd or 3rd and long.

Cito Pelon
11-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Pass.

Br0nc0Buster
11-10-2009, 03:56 PM
LJ sucks
at this point I would consider Lamont Jordan a slight downgrade

Buck, Moreno, and Hillis are all better than LJ

bronco610
11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
No way, if not for the reason hes a cancer, how about the fact boob loves the guy and might become a Bronco fan. I just couldnt live with that.

TonyR
11-10-2009, 04:21 PM
No takers for Larry Johnson
Posted by Mike Florio on November 10, 2009 5:13 PM ET

Because the Chiefs released running back Larry Johnson after the trade deadline, he was required to pass through waivers, giving every other team a shot at picking up his current contract.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that no one submitted a claim for Johnson's contract.

As a result, he now becomes an unrestricted free agent.

He is entitled, if he so chooses, to collect the balance of his $4.55 million base salary as termination pay. (He'll likely choose to take the money, especially since he won't be required to refund any of it if he lands with a new team.)

So now the question becomes whether anyone else gives him an opportunity and, if so, whether the contractual terms entail anything more than the minimum base salary for a seventh-year player.

We've been told to keep an eye on the Patriots, who have been evasive regarding their potential interest in Johnson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/10/no-takers-for-larry-johnson/

Que
11-10-2009, 04:55 PM
It's the era of the munchkin backs. I want that kid Jacquizz from Oregon State. ;D

I hear Q is selling mobile phones these days. I say sign him up - guaranteed 2000+ yards. bwahahaha. Man I am flip today. Must be the stache....

SportinOne
11-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Our running game is gone, we need a big workhorse back like Johnson. He can take some heat off of Ortons horrible play. ;)

We are getting a new QB soon enough. Not this season, of course. But it's going to happen.

Bronco Yoda
11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm not even going to bother reading the thread... not one post...

All I got to say is... IT'S ABOUT THE BLOCKING NOT THE RUNNING.

azbroncfan
11-11-2009, 05:45 AM
Yes Diaper Boy and his 2 ypc. This guy gets too much credit for only having 2 1000 yd years. Tatum Bell almost did that.