PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the gloom and doom SHYT!

SJ Bronco
11-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Seriously, with a little better play from our QB and punter, we are winning a game against the defending SB champs. We lost to a team last week that, frankly, matches up against us real well. Now all the sudden we won't make the playoffs? We won't beat washington??! Some of you people need to sleep off your disappointment before you post some more! For the love of all things football! The chiefs twice, the raider, the redskins, the eagles the giants??! You think we can't rip off 4 to 5 wins off these chumps? Stop your belly aching already. Yes, we need to fix some things. We need to make some adjustments. Play calling needs to be better, but we aren't the raiders. We are a few tweaks from being a contender. Suck it up and lets look at what needs to be done here! I heard some good stuff. Maybe our Oline is a bit light for the style we play now. McDaniel needs to make some adjustments I'm not here to blow sunshine up your ass. I'm really not. I know it looks bad, but it isn't missing the play offs losing to the skins and the QUEEFS bad! OMG!

SonOfLe-loLang
11-09-2009, 09:00 PM
You realize this is the mane, right? :)

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
It's not the loss so much as being spoiled by the surprising success.

Beantown Bronco
11-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Seriously, with a little better play from our QB and punter, we are winning a game against the defending SB champs.

1. It's doom and gloom, not gloom and doom. :)

2. Your statement above is not even close to being true. The OLine play (against backup DLinemen BTW) was putrid. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning wouldn't have been able to do squat behind that line.

SJ Bronco
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
1. It's doom and gloom, not gloom and doom. :)

2. Your statement above is not even close to being true. The OLine play (against backup DLinemen BTW) was putrid. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning wouldn't have been able to do squat behind that line.

Ok, we'll agree to disagree there, but that's not the point. The point is, we can fix it.And gloom and doom is perfectly acceptable where I come from. What the hell difference does it make? Your missing the whole god dammed point! That's whats making me mad right now. People are concentrating on the wrong part of all this.

Beantown Bronco
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Your missing the whole god dammed point! That's whats making me mad right now. People are concentrating on the wrong part of all this.

You mean like the very first sentence of your post? Cause usually that's supposed to serve as the sentence that sets out your main argument. My bad, I guess. :)

SJ Bronco
11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
You mean like the very first sentence of your post? Cause usually that's supposed to serve as the sentence that sets out your main argument. My bad, I guess. :)

http://www.tuftl.tufts.edu/files/bgemmill/Images/seriously.jpg

phillybroncosnut
11-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Now i remember why I stopped posting here.... WTF happened to this place SJ?

Broncos4tw
11-09-2009, 09:44 PM
You can't "fix" Orton. He is what he is, get used to it.

phillybroncosnut
11-09-2009, 09:48 PM
You can't "fix" Orton. He is what he is, get used to it.

Orton doesn't relly need to be fixed.... he is what we knew he was when Josh brought him in.... The O-Line needs the fixing!

see people already forget the first half tonight but Orton looked GREAT the first half.... he had time, made his progressions, and zipped the pball on spot.... The second half, the steelers made adjustments, and our O-line and or O-Line coach, had no answers

Broncos4tw
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
He only brought him in, because honestly, he had little choice. The pick of the litter at that point was pretty much runts, one and all. You can't pick up your starting QB that late and expect anything better than average, which is what we got.

Orton can't throw a deep ball. I can't think of any other reason why we don't do it. Unless you want to suggest Josh is just being stupid, but considering he called the plays for a record-setting Pats team, I don't think that's the case.

Orton cannot scramble or make a play. Pressure means the play is over. Do you really want a QB that requires PERFECT line play to get production out of? I don't.

SJ Bronco
11-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Now i remember why I stopped posting here.... WTF happened to this place SJ?

Madden. Since madden came out, everyone thinks they can coach in the NFL. Fantasy football hasn't helped. Your gonna lose some games. It happens. We got beat. They had a good plan, and executed it. Time for boy wonder to get into his bat cave and come out next sunday with a better plan. That's all.

uplink
11-09-2009, 11:38 PM
is there going to be a meltdown thread?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

tsiguy96
11-10-2009, 12:06 AM
the oline really did play bad. weigmann, hamilton and polumbus are below average starters right now.

Baba Booey
11-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Do you know how many teams would kill to be 6-2 right now?

watermock
11-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Do you know how many teams would kill to be 6-2 right now?

Plenty, but that doesn't diminish the obvious problems which was supposed to be a strength.

For example, maybe we could of grabbed a monster LG in the second or 3rd, since we were going into a new scheme.

Frankly, other than Ayers playing ball boy, didn't see much out of anyone from the draft, despite 3 firsts.

Popps
11-10-2009, 01:18 AM

Seriously.

The only place where a team with no expectations could wind up 6-2, and "fans" of the team would still be spamming the board with unbridled Broncos hatred.

Just another day at the Orange Mane office.

Popps
11-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Madden. Since madden came out, everyone thinks they can coach in the NFL. Fantasy football hasn't helped. Your gonna lose some games. It happens. We got beat. They had a good plan, and executed it. Time for boy wonder to get into his bat cave and come out next sunday with a better plan. That's all.

Yea, and here's a crazy notion.... brace yourself...

Maybe the Superbowl Champions are better than us!?

I know, it's a radical idea. It's out of the box. I'm a deep thinker, but try to get your head around it.

Gosh, maybe a crappy, .500 team that swapped out most of its roster and coaching staff isn't better than the SB champs after 8 games!?

God forbid we lose a game to the SB champs, and fall to a disappointing 6-2!

watermock
11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Did you happento watch Dallas last night? or SD late?

Our offense shows NONE of the qualities of either at this point.

We looked like a division 2 school that had lost it's QB out there, on offense.

watermock
11-10-2009, 02:12 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/profile?id=ORT716150

watermock
11-10-2009, 02:16 AM
In case you didn't notice, other than the opening drive for a FG, the offensewas a turnover/punting machine.

Beantown Bronco
11-10-2009, 06:21 AM
see people already forget the first half tonight but Orton looked GREAT the first half.... he had time, made his progressions, and zipped the pball on spot....

And had a whole 3 pts on the board to show for it. Very Cutler-esque.

Beantown Bronco
11-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Yea, and here's a crazy notion.... brace yourself...

Maybe the Superbowl Champions are better than us!?

I know, it's a radical idea. It's out of the box. I'm a deep thinker, but try to get your head around it.

Gosh, maybe a crappy, .500 team that swapped out most of its roster and coaching staff isn't better than the SB champs after 8 games!?

God forbid we lose a game to the SB champs, and fall to a disappointing 6-2!

I don't think anyone is really b*tching about losing to the SB champs. What is happening, at least for me, is frustration with a unit that could only manage 3 offensive points at home against a Pitt defense that was missing 4 starters. SB champs or not, that is just plain pathetic. It can't happen.

Cito Pelon
11-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Patience is a virtue.

Florida_Bronco
11-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Seriously.

The only place where a team with no expectations could wind up 6-2, and "fans" of the team would still be spamming the board with unbridled Broncos hatred.

Just another day at the Orange Mane office.

It's unreal, isn't it?

broncofan7
11-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Orton doesn't relly need to be fixed.... he is what we knew he was when Josh brought him in.... The O-Line needs the fixing!

see people already forget the first half tonight but Orton looked GREAT the first half.... he had time, made his progressions, and zipped the pball on spot.... The second half, the steelers made adjustments, and our O-line and or O-Line coach, had no answers

looked great? We had THREE points. he looked BETTER the 1st half than the 2nd half. THREE points---for us and SEVEN FOR THEM. Kyle Orton. our QB. (for now)

oubronco
11-10-2009, 10:07 AM

and we scored 3 points so whats your point?

If they don't start throwing the ball downfield more to open things up it's going to be more of the same Baltimore and Pitt took away the short stuff and we couldn't do shyt

HEAV
11-10-2009, 10:26 AM

OMane = multiple personality disorder

It's typical OMane. People see things too far to one side. Never any middle ground. Some thought it was 4 win season, then some jump on thinking it was a Super Bowl season.

What we have is a good team. Not an elite team, but a good team. A good team with issues at O-line and special teams. We have a team that is still in transition from last year and the former coach.

Right now we have a middle of the bunch team that can win it's division and in doing so will have more than met my expectations.

It's not perfect and those that thought it was are wrong, just like teh people that thought it was a 4 win team.

We have a good team that needs to get better in the years to come.