PDA

View Full Version : Where is Richard Quinn?

broncobum6162
11-09-2009, 08:59 PM
We traded up for him in the third round just for games like this when running yards were gonna be tough. Its been posted before that he hasn't panned out and tonite it was pretty obvious we haven't been able to run block. McDaniels better start showing us he is the offensive guru he's been hired for. We lost to a good football team again but if we are the team we looked like the first 6 weeks of the season we need to start stepping up. We are getting game planned to death by opponents and we need to start thinking outside the 6-0 team box we started the season with. End of story.

garandman
11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
All the rookies are looking pretty sorry right now, Ayers is ok but that is all....

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Moreno's been average, Ayers has been solid despite being a rookie on the DL, Smith has forced us to sign Law, and Quinn was horrible at UNC and a non-factor in the pro's. Maybe he's an all world blocker but I doubt we ever see him catch for more than 300 yds in a year. SLOW.

broncobum6162
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Moreno's been average, Ayers has been solid despite being a rookie on the DL, Smith has forced us to sign Law, and Quinn was horrible at UNC and a non-factor in the pro's. Maybe he's an all world blocker but I doubt we ever see him catch for more than 300 yds in a year. SLOW.
Ya, I agree. Never agreed w/ that pick, always thought it was a total waste even thought the reasoning might be sound. I'm trying to remain positive but teams are starting to really figure us out. We need a better run blocking scheme and need to start throwing deep to get the safety's off the line of scrimmage. Defensed are just sitting on us daring us to throw the deep ball. I keep thinking that maybe this is the week we start opening up the offense, but I guess not.

rastaman
11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
We traded up for him in the third round just for games like this when running yards were gonna be tough. Its been posted before that he hasn't panned out and tonite it was pretty obvious we haven't been able to run block. McDaniels better start showing us he is the offensive guru he's been hired for. We lost to a good football team again but if we are the team we looked like the first 6 weeks of the season we need to start stepping up. We are getting game planned to death by opponents and we need to start thinking outside the 6-0 team box we started the season with. End of story.

We had better beat the Skins! If this offense stinks it up against the Skins and Defense wears down in the 4th qtr b/c the offense can't sustain drives.....then we know this teams isn't ready for prime time yet.

Don't forget we have two rilvary games with KC. And with the offense not moving the ball and scoring, even the Chiefs maybe able to split with us.

You add in Phily and the NYG pulling their heads out their rears just in time to beat us as well.

And of course their are no guarantees with the Chargers as well. Thats possible 4 more loses.

extralife
11-09-2009, 09:38 PM
this is all you need to know about quinn: when we came out early with an overloaded line, instead of putting quinn in as an extra blocking TE we used a backup guard

kappys
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Definitely not time to stop Josh from calling plays or get rid of Orton.

The main concern I have on O right now is Hamilton. He was never very strong and injuries have sapped him of his power. Right now he is getting pushed around in pass and run blocking and the line is being disrupted on his side every play.

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:44 PM
The main goal this year is to win as much as we can and hope Chicago loses the rest of their games. That should put us in a good position to select a QB in the 1st round.

Unfortunately, I'm sure that McD has a complex which says he doesn't need to take a QB high and he'll try to pit a future 7th rounder vs. our previous 7th rounder, Brandstater.

We really just need to find a solution at QB. The sooner the better.

mhgaffney
11-09-2009, 09:44 PM
The problem is not Moreno.

In all those years at NE - did the Pats EVER have a running game? No. They won on the arm of Brady.

IMO the failed running game must be laid at McDaniels' stoop. The buck stops there.

SoCalBronco
11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
The main goal this year is to win as much as we can and hope Chicago loses the rest of their games. That should put us in a good position to select a QB in the 1st round.

Unfortunately, I'm sure that McD has a complex which says he doesn't need to take a QB high and he'll try to pit a future 7th rounder vs. our previous 7th rounder, Brandstater.

I agree that we need a real solution at QB and I agree that I really wish Jay was still here. Regarding the draft, I'm not a huge fan of the prospects that are out there. I do like Locker. I know he's rather raw so far as prospects go in terms of pro style offenses and the technical aspects of the game and who knows, he may elect to play for the Angels rather than pursuing football, but I'm seduced by his gifts. Josh can coach him up. Josh has done a great job making chicken **** (Orton) look like chicken salad at times. I think we'd be in good shape after a year or two of Locker working with McDaniels and McCoy. He's got the pure talent needed to strike fear into opponents. The rest of the QBs out there aren't that attractive. I'm still on the fence about Clausen. He has actually matured as a QB over time and is playing at a high level this year....I'm sure McD would also appreciate his familiarity with the system, but I still like Locker better, just on pure talent. I want another Jay. I want that badly, too, man, we are definitely on the same wavelength there.

We'll see what they're able to do....but they definitely need to address it. I have confidence in Josh that he will sufficiently address the situation in the offseason.

Steve Sewell
11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
There's a lot of retard up in this thread.

Denver724
11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Our draft is looking weak. Wallace had a hell of a game tonight and that was one of the 3rds we used to trade up and get Quinn.

go_broncos
11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Richard Quinn sucks.

Popps
11-09-2009, 10:11 PM
There's a lot of retard up in this thread.

Seriously.

8 games in, and we're deeming our blocking tight end a failure.

In fact, our whole draft class is a failure.

****, though... we've played 8 games. If they're not at a Pro Bowl level now, they never will be!

OBF1
11-09-2009, 10:12 PM

Your knowledge of Coach McDaniels is based on exactly what???

watermock
11-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Spin it all you want, but of our 6 picks on O, nort much.

And considering we had 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, pretty lame so far.

watermock
11-09-2009, 10:28 PM
We traded any hope of MCoy to Seattle.

Steve Sewell
11-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Your knowledge of Coach McDaniels is based on exactly what???

McD's gameday morning dump had more football knowledge than this board has collectively.