PDA

View Full Version : Should Orton remain the starter?

WaffleBoy
11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
everyone is now sitting on routes now

NFLBRONCO
11-09-2009, 08:39 PM
No

mr007
11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
he should stay the starter, we should take some more EFFING chances down field and not be so completely predictable with our offense.

Don Flamenco
**** off, troll

BMarsh615
No. I am sick and tired of watching Joe Flacco and Ben Roethlisburger throw TD passes when defenses blitz them, and then seeing Kyle Orton curl up into a ball as soon as he sees a blitz coming.

Riddi
Yes....Time for Chris Simms... Ortan can't throw the ball more then 15 yrds. McD has completely ruined our running game.

PRBronco
Less retarded question: Should Hamilton remain the starter?

He's been a good soldier for a long time, but it's getting embarrassing :(

NYBronco
11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
If Hamilton remains left guard, Orton should remain the starter.

snowspot66
11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
No

Oh really, who we going to play? Simms? The guy who hasn't done **** except against 4th stringers in the preseason? Way to turn our Pro Bowl quality top of the league Left Tackle into the equivalent of a Right Tackle for a downgrade at QB.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
dumb thread.

team is 6-2 with nothing but another NFL journeyman in Simms behind Orton.

Where's all the hindsight 20/20 guys that think we should have left Plummer in instead of Cutler.

the omane is a fickle master.

reality is this team is only missing a qb to be competitive on a championship level. we already let that guy walk away, so moving forward, we need to find a guy. neither orton nor simms is that guy.

SonOfLe-loLang
Ummm, really? Dude, we're 6-2. Yes we've struggled against two very strong defenses, but really? You want chris simms in there?

snowspot66
No. I am sick and tired of watching Joe Flacco and Ben Roethlisburger throw TD passes when defenses blitz them, and then seeing Kyle Orton curl up into a ball as soon as he sees a blitz coming.

Do you think just maybe it's because their lines actually picked up the blitz?

What a novel concept.

NYBronco

Flacco threw 2 long ball picks yesterday... Go Joe.

snowspot66
11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
dumb thread.

team is 6-2 with nothing but another NFL journeyman in Simms behind Orton.

Where's all the hindsight 20/20 guys that think we should have left Plummer in instead of Cutler.

the omane is a fickle master.

reality is this team is only missing a qb to be competitive on a championship level. we already let that guy walk away, so moving forward, we need to find a guy. neither orton nor simms is that guy.

Bull****. Cutler will never be a championship level QB. Never was, never will be. We need an interior offensive line that can block for once.

TheReverend
11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Poll options suck.

No he shouldn't be benched, but the last 2 weeks he has been a decent chunk of the problem.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Poll options suck.

No he shouldn't be benched, but the last 2 weeks he has been a decent chunk of the problem.

Yeah, the last two weeks have been pretty ****, but i think he's earned his time from the first 6! C'mon, enough of this.

BUt they better beat the crap out of washington.

jebures
11-09-2009, 08:46 PM
can we bench mcdaniels as play caller? warm up McCoy, absolutely embarrasing play calling tonight and last week. McDaniels should be ashamed. Offensive mastermind my @ss.

everyone is now sitting on routes now

ColoradoDarin
11-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Orton should stay for now, but Hamilton should be gone.

Riddi
Why do people think if you bash Ortan you miss cutler. Cutler can go straight to hell and I'm glad he's not a bronco anymore but clearly Ortan can't throw the ball 20 yards down the field. Gruden said it during the last drive ..you can't go 12-15 plays ever drive...its impossible...

NFLBRONCO
Oh really, who we going to play? Simms? The guy who hasn't done **** except against 4th stringers in the preseason? Way to turn our Pro Bowl quality top of the league Left Tackle into the equivalent of a Right Tackle for a downgrade at QB.

I'd honestly rather watch Brandstater then Orton. We won't win many more games not stretching the field.

go_broncos
I believe we need to start Tom next week..

SoDak Bronco
11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Orton is our Best QB..but he isn't the long term answer...he should not be benched though.

BMarsh615
11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Do you think just maybe it's because their lines actually picked up the blitz?

What a novel concept.

Maybe its because their QB can make a play. Orton can't make something out of nothing. Orton needs to have perfect protection and an open receiver no further than 15 yards down the field in order to look good. If he has any pressure on him he will either be sacked, picked, or the ball will be thrown out of bounds.

ant1999e
11-09-2009, 08:49 PM

:rofl: It's true.

AbileneBroncoFan
11-09-2009, 08:49 PM
When you have 1 yard rushing in the second half against the defending Super Bowl champs, you aren't going to win. We aren't run blocking worth a **** right now. Everyone says we need to throw deep, which we do need to attempt a couple of long passes per game, but that's not the real problem. The biggest problem in the second half tonight is Scheffler, Stokley, and Gaffney were nowhere to be seen. If we are going to throw the short passes, we must throw it over the middle to keep defenses spread out. The key to running a good spread offense is mixing up the targets. If we just throw to Brandon and Eddie, as good as they are, NFL defenses are going to keep us out of the endzone. You'll notice all of our best offensive games have been games where the TEs are involved.

bloodsunday
11-09-2009, 08:50 PM
If you guys think Chris Simms is going to run this offense better than Orton you are crazy. They rely on Orton for a lot more than just throwing the ball. He does a too much pre-snap reading, etc...

Man the bandwagon is suddenly empty again.

bloodsunday
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
If you guys think Chris Simms is going to run this offense better than Orton you are crazy. They rely on Orton for a lot more than just throwing the ball. He does a too much pre-snap reading, etc...

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Bull****. Cutler will never be a championship level QB. Never was, never will be. We need an interior offensive line that can block for once.

lol

take the glasses off and open your eyes.

or just rage post. it's just as amusing.

Rohirrim
11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Somebody scraped the **** off their shoes and it started a thread.

BMarsh615
11-09-2009, 08:54 PM

And that gets us a whopping 8 first downs a game and 10 offensive points in the last 8 quarters. I couldn't care less what he does presnap if our offense stalls once the ball is snapped.

Br0nc0Buster
11-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I wasnt able to watch this game, but looking at the box score it looks like our offense sucked again

I dont know what is up with our offense, it just hasnt been good save a few games this year

and our running game flat out sucks, I still dont know why Josh insists on pulling guards when we clearly dont have the personel

jbiel
11-09-2009, 08:58 PM
worthless thread. with cutler, this team would be 5-3 at best. there is no way he doesnt throw a pick that costs us during those close games.

get over it. orton is our qb, and we are still alright. we lost to a couple good teams. win the next 3 which are all winnable and we're sitting fine.

UberBroncoMan
11-09-2009, 08:59 PM
This poll sucks.

I say we DON'T bench him because it signifies to the team we're not winning now.

Chris Simms or Tom Brandstater... please.

Orton gives us the best chance to win.

The NO option fails as well because HE IS PART OF THE PROBLEM, and I have a feeling Simms and Brandstater would be the same way.

NFLBRONCO
11-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I wasnt able to watch this game, but looking at the box score it looks like our offense sucked again

I dont know what is up with our offense, it just hasnt been good save a few games this year

and our running game flat out sucks, I still dont know why Josh insists on pulling guards when we clearly dont have the personel

Weak QB weak G/C I still believe we need a real gamebreaker on O.

KevinJames
11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Wow lets bench our QB when were 6-2 .....give me a break Orton is allowed to have 1 bad game especially when it doesn't matter who the QB is were not giving him time!

rastaman
11-09-2009, 09:45 PM
worthless thread. with cutler, this team would be 5-3 at best. there is no way he doesnt throw a pick that costs us during those close games.

get over it. orton is our qb, and we are still alright. we lost to a couple good teams. win the next 3 which are all winnable and we're sitting fine.

I think both Orton and our inconsistent sometime non exsistent runnging attack would operate more efficiently using some I-formation alignments.

The I-formation allows for the TB and FB to provide Orton max protection against blitzing teams and it allows the tailback to run behind a lead FB blocker.

lostknight
11-09-2009, 09:47 PM
The problem is not a new problem. Orton has been unable to have any chemistry this entire season. There are two possible solutions - Orton himself is the problem, or the play calling is the problem

I think it's play calling, but if we loose a third straight game next week, it's time to do some soul searching and figure out how to fix the momentum issues.

Broncos4tw
11-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Of course he should be the starter. And also of course, we should be seriously looking for a franchise QB for our team. Once we do, Orton should be what he is suited for: backup.

People can try to spout off all they want about a "system" that doesn't require a franchise QB, but the reality year after year, minus a very few rare exceptions, is that the winner of the SB has a franchise QB running the show.

Ben is an example of a QB that doesn't have the most threatening weapons as a QB, but can handle pressure (he can throw passes with 3 guys hanging off of him), can scramble, and make things happen when he needs to. Orton is a guy that folds under pressure. That's why players like him do not win SB titles.

Heck, the last non-franchise QB that won a SB was cut at the end of their season.

extralife
11-09-2009, 09:53 PM
for all the Orton cock sucking we've seen here and in the media this season, the dude has only had two good games. just saying. but no, we shouldn't bench him. we're a first place team with nothing proven or promising behind him.

bombay
If the Broncos fall out of playoff contention I'd like to look at Brandsteder (sp). Otherwise, Orton is the guy for the rest of this season.

Broncos4tw
The problem is not a new problem. Orton has been unable to have any chemistry this entire season. There are two possible solutions - Orton himself is the problem, or the play calling is the problem

I think it's play calling, but if we loose a third straight game next week, it's time to do some soul searching and figure out how to fix the momentum issues.

Seriously? The playcalling? Josh was calling the plays on a Patriots team that set NFL records and went unbeaten in the regular season. I think he knows how to call plays.

Orton can't scramble, has to do half of his plays from the shotgun (due to limitations, not design), cannot handle the pressure of a rush, and can't stretch the field. That is why the playcalling is what it is. You play to the "strengths" of your QB because they have no other choice.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 09:58 PM
If the Broncos fall out of playoff contention I'd like to look at Brandsteder (sp). Otherwise, Orton is the guy for the rest of this season.

orton is already the guy for this season.

the bigger picture is who is the future and how do we address it?

Williams
11-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes! Dont just bench him... CUT him entirely! Then beg Cutler to come back! (He will, gladly!) Then maybe Bowlen would consider rehiring Shanahan.... because obviously McDipstick isn't getting the job done. Then bring in a real D-Coordinator... because Nolan clearly already lost his edge. The D gave up FOUR TOUCHDOWNS! Then maybe we'll be a great team again!

/drama-queen retard omane poster sarcasm

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Yes! Dont just bench him... CUT him entirely! Then beg Cutler to come back! (He will, gladly!) Then maybe Bowlen would consider rehiring Shanahan.... because obviously McDipstick isn't getting the job done. Then bring in a real D-Coordinator... because Nolan clearly already lost his edge. The D gave up FOUR TOUCHDOWNS! Then maybe we'll be a great team again!

/drama-queen retard omane poster sarcasm

nice to know you avoid reality by delving into the obsurd.

go_broncos
11-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Its time to try Tom next week and see if he can spark the offense.

Williams
11-09-2009, 10:08 PM
nice to know you avoid reality by delving into the obsurd.

You must've missed the bottom line.

Taco John
11-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I voted wrong because the thread stater is a moron. I answered the question that the thread title asked "Should Orton Remain the Stater?"

Absolutely he should remain the starter. It would be an awful decision for McDaniels to bench Orton right now.

bpc
11-09-2009, 10:18 PM
You guys should let Tsiguy call plays. He'll slant you to death.

How was that pass to Palumalu Tsiguy? LMAO. Great call.

In all honesty, we're stuck with Orton I think and we better pray that Chicago loses A LOT so we get a pick high enough to nab us a QB.

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 10:22 PM
orton deserves another two games, but if he keeps falling apart and refusing to spread the field, does mcdaniels have any choice, especially if we lose both games?

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 10:24 PM

In all honesty, we're stuck with Orton I think and we better pray that Chicago loses A LOT so we get a pick high enough to nab us a QB.

how is your new favorite football team, the bears, doing? oh yea, sorry.

what play do you think worked all first half, that allowed orton to complete nearly every one of his first drive throws? hint: it wasnt a screen.

the slant to marshall 10-15 yards downfield almost got us 2 TDs if he coulda got past the last tackle, but keep trying to be a dick, just makes you look more retarded than your cutler cum guzzling.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 10:24 PM
You must've missed the bottom line.

No, your point was well taken that if you disagree with the current direction this franchise has taken, that you will be labled as a "drama queen"

can't say i missed the point at all.

Williams
11-09-2009, 10:27 PM
No, your point was well taken that if you disagree with the current direction this franchise has taken, that you will be labled as a "drama queen"

can't say i missed the point at all.

Sorry skip. This is a "drama queen" thread whether you like it or not.

Jason in LA
11-09-2009, 10:29 PM
I am in no way an Orton fan, but at this point there's no going back. Can't make the switch. The wagon is hitched to him, and honestly, there's nobody on the bench who will do any better.

So it's Orton for the remainder of the season and then go out and get somebody for next year. Either through the draft or a free agent.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 10:41 PM

Problem with all of this is that we already had that QB and the FO let him walk away.

That issue will continue to sit ill for many people for a long time.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I am in no way an Orton fan, but at this point there's no going back. Can't make the switch. The wagon is hitched to him, and honestly, there's nobody on the bench who will do any better.

So it's Orton for the remainder of the season and then go out and get somebody for next year. Either through the draft or a free agent.

Do you see the inherient problem with this statment / line of thought?

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 10:43 PM

whatever you do don't bring up trying Hillis at RB ..... it makes atwater crazy.

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Problem with all of this is that we already had that QB and the FO let him walk away.

That issue will continue to sit ill for many people for a long time.

that QB, for a third season in a row, is absolutely struggling....dont know if you noticed. all his points last week were garbage time, game was already over. is it a coincidence that EVERYWHERE cutler goes, the entire team turns to crap?

watermock
11-09-2009, 10:47 PM
"I'm gonna go out and drown into a pile of hairy Cougars!"

"Boosh!"

Merlin
11-09-2009, 10:49 PM
As much as he sucks when he has avg or poor support, he is still the better option. The coaches energy would be better served in making the game plan more creative. Also, we got some bad teams left on our schedule so 10 wins should be a lock. I expected this team to only get 4-6 wins this yr, so everything else is gravy, unless the team just gets worse as the yr progresses.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 10:49 PM
whatever you do don't bring up trying Hillis at RB ..... it makes atwater crazy.

you mean the guy that doesn't dress on gameday? that hillis? oh wait, you're the guy last time i checked thought we were talking about hillis at FB. :rofl:

yeah, he's the answer bro!

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
As much as he sucks when he has avg or poor support, he is still the better option. The coaches energy would be better served in making the game plan more creative. Also, we got some bad teams left on our schedule so 10 wins should be a lock. I expected this team to only get 4-6 wins this yr, so everything else is gravy, unless the team just gets worse as the yr progresses.

I wouldn't say winning 4 out of the next 8 games is a "lock" for this team.

Achievalbe? Certainly. A lock? No way in hell.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 10:54 PM
you mean the guy that doesn't dress on gameday? that hillis? oh wait, you're the guy last time i checked thought we were talking about hillis at FB. :rofl:

yeah, he's the answer bro!

No..... I said Mcd's system has no use for a fullback not that he couldn't play HB

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 10:55 PM
No..... I said Mcd's system has no use for a fullback not that he couldn't play HB

so again, you mean the guy that isn't allowed to dress on game day? He's the answer? please elaborate.

broncocalijohn
11-09-2009, 10:57 PM
damn, i voted absolutely by mistake. He should not be benched. Those that never liked him will scream and yell as they have been. If you bench Orton, you are not getting a better QB in there. Sorry but once we play teams that are more managable for all the O Line and backs to handle, Orton will be winning games.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 11:05 PM
so again, you mean the guy that isn't allowed to dress on game day? He's the answer? please elaborate.

jezzz, I did this in the other thread bud, you just didn't read it.

At 250lbs would he not hold up in passing situations? Moreno seems to get run over. Cbuck has been OK. Never said he was the awnser but, I did say that he could help in power running plays.

I don't see him as a game braker but 2 to 4 yards and a cloud of dust sounds better then 1 yard in a half. Just looking for a shake up. We have allot of hurt linemen and McD won't bench Orton so, why not try to shake it up a bit.

If McD want to run power blocking plays with ZBS linemen why not atleast try a power runner on some of those plays? Could it be much worse?

Try to mellow out dude your tickers gonna pop.

McDman
11-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Really? Already turning on the guy after two games?

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 11:24 PM
jezzz, I did this in the other thread bud, you just didn't read it.

At 250lbs would he not hold up in passing situations? Moreno seems to get run over. Cbuck has been OK. Never said he was the awnser but, I did say that he could help in power running plays.

I don't see him as a game braker but 2 to 4 yards and a cloud of dust sounds better then 1 yard in a half. Just looking for a shake up. We have allot of hurt linemen and McD won't bench Orton so, why not try to shake it up a bit.

If McD want to run power blocking plays with ZBS linemen why not atleast try a power runner on some of those plays? Could it be much worse?

Try to mellow out dude your tickers gonna pop.

are you basing your judgement on the one play the media happened to catch were moreno went for the cut-block on the blitz and missed?

becasue 10 times out of 10 if the cut block is made, that replay returns as "man, did you see that great block by the rookie? man he can really stick his nose in there and do whatever it takes to get that blitzting LB off his QB! what a great player!"

Please try to evaluate the players based on your own observations and not what espn or any other network tries to sell to you as football.

i mean, you're just looking for a change for the sake of change with no real rational thought behind any of it.

if hillis had the talent to beat out our current RB's, he'd already be on the field instead of a footnote on the inactive list that nobody outside of bronco fans could give a **** about.

ColoradoDarin
11-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Of course he should be the starter. And also of course, we should be seriously looking for a franchise QB for our team. Once we do, Orton should be what he is suited for: backup.

People can try to spout off all they want about a "system" that doesn't require a franchise QB, but the reality year after year, minus a very few rare exceptions, is that the winner of the SB has a franchise QB running the show.

Ben is an example of a QB that doesn't have the most threatening weapons as a QB, but can handle pressure (he can throw passes with 3 guys hanging off of him), can scramble, and make things happen when he needs to. Orton is a guy that folds under pressure. That's why players like him do not win SB titles.

Heck, the last non-franchise QB that won a SB was cut at the end of their season.

Ben has two Superbowl MVPs that he's throwing to, plus Miller, and their running game has done very well the last few weeks. Their OL is decent, it looks worse than it is because Ben loves to hold on to the football and try to make a play rather than just throw it away. He's got plenty of weapons.

errand
11-10-2009, 05:22 AM
clearly Ortan can't throw the ball 20 yards down the field.

Kyle Orton with time can....Kyle Orton, or for that matter any NFL QB wearing an overcoat of black and gold all over him cannot.

You would think 6-2 after the last 3 years of 7-9 to 8-8 would generate a little more happiness on here.

The bottom line is we lost to a much better football team last night....nothing to be ashamed of. The Steelers make alot of QB's, not just Kyle Orton, look bad.

this team is good enough to compete for division title...but maybe they're not ready to compete for conference or league title just yet.....but we're at the midway point, and still in first place.

We've played two of the toughest defenses the past two weeks, and looked bad in both games. So, yeah, the offense needs to step up and produce...but both of those defenses make alot of offenses look bad.

tsiguy96
11-10-2009, 05:32 AM
i voted absolutely too in response to the topic question, maybe setting up misleading polls is kind of a douchebag thing to do. no, they should not bench him. if he struggles for multiple more games, consider it.

TheReverend
11-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Really? Already turning on the guy after two games?

Welcome to Denver?

McDman
11-10-2009, 07:28 AM
I bet Charger and Bear fans are having a field day looking at our boards.

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 07:44 AM
I bet Charger and Bear fans are having a field day looking at our boards.

Who cares?..

All three teams have issues

dbfan4life
11-10-2009, 07:49 AM
welcome to the orangemane?

fyp!

Hotrod
11-10-2009, 07:51 AM
I voted no but he IS part of the problem

Ben Hamilton needs to go and take bubble screens with him

fontaine
11-10-2009, 08:04 AM
It's not all on Orton. He needs to improve but so does the running game, and OL.

McDaniels needs to do a better job in playcalling though. I feel he gives up on the run far too early and that puts too much pressure on Orton to try and march down the field just on his arm alone.

The last two games we just haven't been good at running the ball the way McDaniels wants it.

jhns
11-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Of course he shouldn't be benched yet. If you think Simms or Branstater is the answer, you are just a "the grass is always greener" person. Branstater is a rookie and we are in a playoff run right now. Do you really want his rookie mistakes out there? Simms could be good but I think we have to trust the coaches here. It isn't like he has ever done anything to make us think he can be better than Orton.

Orton needs to finish this year. If he doesn't improve a lot, we need to at least bring in a QB this offseason for competition. That is, unless they are confident Branstater can push for the job next season. Even then, I would like to see someone brought in to compete.

jacob2125
11-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah, we should bench him for Rex Grossman.

Rohirrim
11-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Let's try Mitch Berger! He can't punt, maybe he can play QB. I'll bet it would work on Madden.

DHallblows
11-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I didn't read through the thread because I don't want to hear retards suggesting a 6-2 football team should bench their starting QB.
But did someone point out how poorly this poster made the poll? He asks: "Should Orton remain the starter?" in the thread title and turns right around and asks: "Should the Broncos bench Orton?" in the poll. :unamused: Great typing waffle...

Bigdawg26
11-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Well I think Orton should stay the starter until the end of the season. I mean c'mon guys it was only a matter of time defensive coordinators were going to catch on and sit on every route. Ppl are blaming Mcdaniels but actually he's doing a hell of a job, and hiding Orton's weakness on throwing the ball down field this long. All through preseason and training camp they tried to throw the ball downfield and Orton couldn't. So I mean let him finish the season and let's see what happens then lets bring in a real spread quarterback that can throw the ball downfield who will be there in the mid-20's range like Colt McCoy.

tsiguy96
11-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I didn't read through the thread because I don't want to hear retards suggesting a 6-2 football team should bench their starting QB.
But did someone point out how poorly this poster made the poll? He asks: "Should Orton remain the starter?" in the thread title and turns right around and asks: "Should the Broncos bench Orton?" in the poll. :unamused: Great typing waffle...

yes, which is exactly the reason so many people appear to be in favor of benching orton, but in fact very, very few here are.

broncocalijohn
11-10-2009, 11:45 AM

yes, i feel for it and then had to post to say i made a mistake. Dipsheat! At least he didnt make it public.

strafen
11-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I didn't read through the thread because I don't want to hear retards suggesting a 6-2 football team should bench their starting QB. Translation: I didn't want to hear the truth we have a mediocre QB who has been disguised by a 6-0 record and a great defense

Orton has sucked all year.
With the exception of the New England game, tell me in what of the other 5 wins was Orton relevant at all?
None. Last time I checked not throwing interceptions, throwing the ball away, manage the game DO NOT move the chains, DO NOT get you first down or a score.

Get real. Orton is at best a good back-up QB you love to have in there for a game or two. Other than that he's got no business being a starter QB in the NFL

And WTF did you guys see in Orton when he came to Denver that got you guys all wet about him?
Please, the guy sucked in Chicago, and he's sucking in Denver.
Learn to know a good QB when you see one, would ya'?
This is pathetic.

Orton, freaking Orton?!!! ROFL!

orangemonkey
11-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Translation: I didn't want to hear the truth we have a mediocre QB who has been disguised by a 6-0 record and a great defense

With the exception of the New England game, tell me in what of the other 5 wins was Orton relevant at all?
None. Last time I checked not throwing interceptions, throwing the ball away, manage the game DO NOT move the chains, DO NOT get you first down or a score.

Get real. Orton is at best a good back-up QB you love to have in there for a game or two. Other than that he's got no business being a starter QB in the NFL

And WTF did you guys see in Orton when he came to Denver that got you guys all wet about him?
This is pathetic.

Pretty darn accurate. And the telling statistic that supports your view: Our offense is currently ranked 22nd in the league. Majority of teams with 6 or more wins have a top-10 ranked offense.

Our defense is top 5, maybe top 3 and that's why we're 6-2.

Broncos4Life
11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
dumb thread.

Team is 6-2 with nothing but another nfl journeyman in simms behind orton.

Where's all the hindsight 20/20 guys that think we should have left plummer in instead of cutler.

The omane is a fickle master.

Reality is this team is only missing a qb to be competitive on a championship level. We already let that guy walk away, so moving forward, we need to find a guy. Neither orton nor simms is that guy.

+1
+ this poll sucks.
It needs more options.

DHallblows
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Translation: I didn't want to hear the truth we have a mediocre QB who has been disguised by a 6-0 record and a great defense

This is pathetic.

Well I'm gonna turn this around on you then. You're even more retarded for wanting the even worse journeyman, backup QB or unproven, 6th round rookie to start instead. What will they do any differently ??? Nothing.

Oh, and "not throwing interceptions, throwing the ball away, manage the game" causes 18 point losses, instead of 30 or 7 point wins instead of 7 point losses.
Perhaps the D should consider giving the opposing QB less than 7 seconds to throw a pass? Or maybe we should rush for over 30 total yards next week?
Naw, what we really need is a strong armed QB to spot the D a pick6 every game. YEAH, that'll fix our problems!!!11!!!1!!

ro_50
11-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Benching Orton won't solve anything right now. I would take a wait-and-see approach.

It's 8 games and we live in a world of instant gratification that calls for results right away.

Obviously, Orton's struggled and has had a few bright moments, but we'll see how the coaching staff and Orton adjust.

They've caught on to the schemes and play of Orton.

Orton is one of the many problems the past two weeks. You can't put it all on him.

I won't make my judgement on Orton being next year's starter until after the season or a few weeks down the road.

I know a lot want Brandstater to start and I like what he did in the preseason (he had a good command of the offense against Bears and Cardinals, is intelligent, can move around a little and has a stronger arm than Orton) but I don't think he'll step foot on the field this year, not when the team is still in first in the division.

But after this year, I can see him contending for at least the No. 2 job and maybe even more next year.

The kid is bright and works hard.

Circle Orange
11-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Why do people think if you bash Ortan you miss cutler. Cutler can go straight to hell and I'm glad he's not a bronco anymore but clearly Ortan can't throw the ball 20 yards down the field. Gruden said it during the last drive ..you can't go 12-15 plays ever drive...its impossible...

And all the sideways passing plays...compared to this, Jake was a bombs away gunslinger.

mhgaffney
11-11-2009, 01:05 AM
If we can agree that Orton is NOT the long term answer - then it's perfectly reasonable to give the starting job to someone else -- as we search for the guy.

Simple as that.

Popps
11-11-2009, 01:19 AM

Yea, 6-0 with a 100.00 QB rating is just awful.

Typical football message board stuff. Most people simply can't get beyond fantasy stats and arm strength.

Orton may very well NOT be the long-term answer, but to say he "sucked" all year is pure insanity.

fontaine
11-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Orton gives us the best chance to win this season period.

I think he's played above and beyond expectations at times but the key is going to be how he handles the 2nd part of the season where we've got manageable games against KC twice/Oak/SD/NYG.

As long as he keeps improving then I'm happy.

broncogary
11-11-2009, 05:17 AM

That's why they call him Waffle Boy! Ha!