PDA

View Full Version : Just gonna say it: Cutler could beat the Steelers...

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Flame away.

QB and poor special teams lost this game for us, just like last week. IF we had any type of competent QB in the 1st half, we're heading into the locker room with a 21 pt lead and not a 4 pt deficit.

The trust I had that Orton could lead a good/great team has been fractured. If the blocking isn't pristine, this is the result you get.

Great effort by the defense wasted two weeks in a row.

Oh well, at least we get the elixir next week, playing Washington before we have SD at home.

Ugh.

55CrushEm
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, ok.......he can't even beat the Cardinals. :welcome:

Taco John
11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Orton is a Griese clone. If the rest of the team is delivering, Orton can distribute the ball. But right now, he's not getting any amount of running support, and worse, McDaniels called plays tonight like he had been setting up the play action all night.

spdirty
11-09-2009, 09:33 PM
he actually did...beat...the...steelers.

<runs/hides>

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Yeah, ok.......he can't even beat the Cardinals. :welcome:

Cards went to the Super Bowl last year. Good call.

eddie mac
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Cards went to the Super Bowl last year. Good call.

Steelers won it ffs.

BMarsh615
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I am not even mad about losing Cutler. He has proven he is nothing but a QB with a million dollar arm and a ten cent head. He will never win a SB.

I am ready to see what Simms can do. Hopefully he won't panic anytime there is any pressure on him. Orton is worthless if he doesn't have perfect protection.

TheReverend
11-09-2009, 09:35 PM
he actually did...beat...the...steelers.

<runs/hides>

lol, nice call

Popps
11-09-2009, 09:35 PM
LOL

Nice troll-thread.

Yea, Cutler did such a great job of beating elite teams last year.

Cutler would have pissed away this game in the first quarter.

Actually, Orton looked a lot like Cutler tonight.

bombay
11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Cutler is why the Bears are super bowl bound.

The Joker
Cutler could fix the recession.

If he was in office instead of Obama, life would be so much better for everyone.

SonOfLe-loLang
Enough with ****ing cutler. Hes gone and his team sucks

theAPAOps5
11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Dude Orton **** the bed tonight but so would have Cutler. 2 people need to go and I mean yesterday. Hamilton and Berger.

prodigalson139
It is not just Orton....

Bad play calling...
No running game...
Penalties at the wrong time
Poor special teams (punter)
and
A Tired Defense in the second half...

listopencil
Cutler would have thrown three INT's in his own back yard, just thinking about the Steeler's Defense.

Rohirrim
bpc, you've really gone off the deep end. Whatever perspective you once had is in tatters. Give it up. :pity:

Taco John
11-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm not as concerned about Cutler as I am about the way our running game has been this season. We put up a total of 27 yards against the Steelers. Yeah, Orton didn't have his best game out there, but what does anybody expect from the guy when he's getting zero run support?

atomicbloke
Remember game 2?

Cutler beat the Steelers

eddie mac
Sorry bpc but this pathetic offense isn't just down the the QB. We're minus Harris at RT, the internal players bar Kuper dont suit this scheme at all, hence the running game is very average at best.

Orton made 2 horrible mistakes against one of the best D's in the league.

Popps
bpc, you've really gone off the deep end. Whatever perspective you once had is in tatters. Give it up. :pity:

No, dude... Cutler couldn't beat Buffalo, but he'd beat the SB champs.

He's doing such a bang-up job of improving his current team...

prodigalson139
Cutler maybe one touchdown because of his ability to scramble and make a play here or there, but ultimately BAD offensive play calling...

bombay
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Cutler could beat Buffalo at home to get you in the playoffs. Especially if they'd lost 7 in a row.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
OrtonthenextGriese

atomicbloke
11-09-2009, 09:40 PM
ORton is finished this season....

No way he recovers from this epic meltdown....

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:40 PM
LOL

Nice troll-thread.

Yea, Cutler did such a great job of beating elite teams last year.

Cutler would have pissed away this game in the first quarter.

Actually, Orton looked a lot like Cutler tonight.

Not really. Cutler had over a 100 QB rating against these guys and a W.

Orton has 3 INT's and little offensive production.

Cutler > Orton.

BTW, not a troll thread. I'm merely showing that to beat a great team, you need a great QB. We don't have that and we'll probably spend the next few years looking for one.

SoCalBronco
11-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I really wish Jay was still here, but we're still 6-2 even with Orton and all his problems and that's a pretty good record.

I think we'll probably be able to make do with it this year. We can still win 10-11 games easily and host a playoff game. That's not bad considering we don't have any real talent at the QB position. The coaches are trying their best to make lemonade out of lemons (Orton) and they are doing about as well as any staff could do. Obviously, against the elite teams it isn't going to work, but with our defense and a running game that hopefully can improve a little bit (Harris coming back will help), we'll be able to get by with it.

We're still pretty good and we'll still be a playoff team (and division champion) with Orton...but yeah, I do wish Jay was here.

bombay
Epic!

TheReverend
Cutler would have thrown three INT's in his own back yard, just thinking about the Steeler's Defense.

Or none.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092011/2009/REG2/steelers@bears/analyze/box-score

cabronco
Dude Orton **** the bed tonight but so would have Cutler. 2 people need to go and I mean yesterday. Hamilton and Berger.

+1 and wth happened to the famous Broncos run game. Im more pissed about an ineffective run game than anything.

TheReverend
11-09-2009, 09:42 PM
What's important moving forward is crushing SD @ Denver and getting some breathing room at the top of the west.

mr007
11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry bpc but this pathetic offense isn't just down the the QB. We're minus Harris at RT, the internal players bar Kuper dont suit this scheme at all, hence the running game is very average at best.

Who happened to be missing 3 of their starters.

McD's play calling was pathetic. Takes me back to Shanny making horrible wtf calls all the freakin time. Our offense is entirely too predictable, every running play is a counter with the retarded tight end in motion or TE in motion with a stretch. 2 TYPES OF RUNS THE ENTIRE GAME. I would be surprised if more than 6 different plays were called on offense all night.

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:44 PM

Orton's last 120 minutes have been pathetic. Epicly pathetic. Against playoff caliber teams.

I hope we can bounce back but this is the type of football game that we need to win come January and Orton's track record has been spotty at best.

We have a Carolina type formula going on right now.

Killericon
11-09-2009, 09:44 PM
6-2.

That is all.

Taco John
11-09-2009, 09:45 PM
What's important moving forward is crushing SD @ Denver and getting some breathing room at the top of the west.

First things first. We need to beat Washington.

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:46 PM
We have to win the next two. Schedule doesn't get easier down the road. PHilly, NYG and Indy are going to test our metal.

Rohirrim
11-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm not as concerned about Cutler as I am about the way our running game has been this season. We put up a total of 27 yards against the Steelers. Yeah, Orton didn't have his best game out there, but what does anybody expect from the guy when he's getting zero run support?

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the best rushing defense in the NFL plus we are in the middle of a transitional line just trying to get through this season on grit and effort. McD has done a masterful job in his first year taking what he had and building a team that will probably make the playoffs its first year. Obviously, they are not going to beat the NFL champions.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-09-2009, 09:48 PM
+1 and wth happened to the famous Broncos run game. Im more pissed about an ineffective run game than anything.

We're busy running the G power behind the uber talented Hamilton, Polumbus, and Hochstein. That crazy zone scheme never worked anyway.

bloodsunday
11-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Get the F$$k out of here.

First of all -- it's time to get over it and move on.

Secondly, did you notice Cutler's team is 4 - 4 and his rating is an 83?

Rohirrim
11-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Cutler would have made more mistakes than Kyle did. I don't count the first one against him. The umpire blocked out Knowshon. Of course, Knowshon should know better than to take his route right into the ump, but hey, he's a rookie. Cutler would have made more mistakes. And probably worse mistakes.

rastaman
11-09-2009, 09:53 PM

Can anyone tell me what type of blocking scheme McD has used this season. It looks like the "zone blocking" isn't used anymore?

Anyway, McD now realizes his running game has gone in the tank. W/o a robust running attack the Offense will continue to have 3 downs and out, and denfense will continue gettng worn down as the season progresses.

McD has no other choice but to install some form of hybrid I-formation alignments to wake up the running attack! Single back sets aren't going to get it done.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 09:57 PM
fuCC all this ........ where's the latest "kingneckbeard" twitter stuff.

swordin skanks and all that ...... should be epic.

Bronco X
11-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Orton is not that great but this game says nothing about Cutler. Cutler is what his record is.

bpc
11-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Against a great defense like PIttsburgh's, one that will bring the heat, a QB has to be able to stand and throw strikes down the field. Make the defense pay... Kyle Orton's 15 yd shot put isn't going to cut it hence why Jay beat Pitt and Fail Orton showed his face again.

Bronco X
11-09-2009, 10:23 PM

Cutler > Orton.

BTW, not a troll thread. I'm merely showing that to beat a great team, you need a great QB. We don't have that and we'll probably spend the next few years looking for one.

If you think Cutler is great you need to wipe his jizz out of your eyes. Results matter.

Popps
11-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Against a great defense like PIttsburgh's, one that will bring the heat, a QB has to be able to stand and throw strikes down the field. Make the defense pay... Kyle Orton's 15 yd shot put isn't going to cut it hence why Jay beat Pitt and Fail Orton showed his face again.

Wow, man... you've become a one-trick pony, and it's too bad... because your one trick just fails miserably.

jebures
11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Orton is not that great but this game says nothing about Cutler. Cutler is what his record is.

As much as posters as the person above hate to admit, we are a far better team with Cutler at QB. Im sick of denying it to my friends as well but tonight shows you how weak our QB position is.........on the other hand McDaniels has been calling plays like a fvcking moron even in the games we have won. Our defense is the reason we are 6-2 not our offense, not even close. Orton has had 1 good game all year and it was against New England partially because he is not a good QB and partially cuz mcdaniels is a pvssy and cant challenge a defense.

55CrushEm
11-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Jay didn't beat Pitt you epic bag of douche......Jeff Reed missed 2 FG's, basically handing the win to Mr. Emo and the Bears.

Williams
11-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Get the F$$k out of here.

First of all -- it's time to get over it and move on.

Secondly, did you notice Cutler's team is 4 - 4 and his rating is an 83?

/thread

no wait... and he leads the league in interceptions in the last two years with 30 and his closest competition is Jake Delhomme with 25.

...now... /thread

Octavias
11-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Here is the thing... cutler make retarded throws into coverage because he is overconfident in his arm. Orton never attempts to force the ball and rarely goes deep.

cutler can win individual games with his arm, but he never is going to win 3 or 4 straight against quality opponants in the playoffs because evetually good defenses will make plays against him and he will have a 3 or 4 interception game. Im not sure Orton was the best answer, but i dont think you guys were going to win big with cutler....

bpc
11-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Wow, man... you've become a one-trick pony, and it's too bad... because your one trick just fails miserably.

Not really. Here is the bottom line:

Your chances of winning super bowls are greatly enhanced when you have a stud at QB. Whether you agree or disagree with Cutler, I don't care. My point is you don't take pro bowl/franchise type QB's and trade them. They are too hard to replicate.

It's too late to worry about Jay now. What the franchise needs to do is continue moving forward and put the wheels in motion for selecting a successor SOON and begin the maturation process over again. You can't win with $hit at the QB position. Definitely not against good teams with great defenses.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
It has for sure become a passing based league. QB's do help with that.

Popps
11-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Not really. Here is the bottom line:

You chances of winning super bowls are greatly enhanced when you have a stud at QB. Whether you agree or disagree with Cutler, I don't care. My point is you don't take pro bowl/franchise type QB's and trade them.

Dude, your thesis here is that Cutler would have beaten this team tonight.

Bull****.

Cutler can't get out of his own way when he faces adversity. Do you ever watch the games, or do you just listen to reports of his "rocket arm."

The guy has ZERO game.

If you're telling me that quality QBs help you win games... thanks for enlightening me.

Just don't confuse Cutler with a guy like Big Ben or Rivers.

go_broncos
11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Both Cutler and Orton sucks..We need NFL QB like Ben..

manchambo
11-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't know whether Cutler could have won that game. Probably not.

But it already is getting old having a QB who can't make much of anything happen. When by some miracle he actually evades the rush, he absolutely can't make a throw.

enjolras
11-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Cutler could totally have won this game. He also could have thrown it away in the first half.

Cutler isn't the answer, but neither is Orton. This team will be looking for a QB in the offseason, no question in my mind.

We need (in order):

1) A decent left guard
2) A decent center
3) A decent QB

We can compete for a superbowl with just those additions.

Merlin
11-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Cutler can't get out of his own way when he faces adversity.
Have you seen his 4th Qtr performance (this yr and historically in the NFL)? Have you seen how many times he has brought his team back in the last couple of minutes just to see his team's D fail to protect the lead (both in Denver and Chicago)? The man has had lousy games, yet in the end when facing adversity the last thing he was concerned with was getting out o his way. Only in two of the losses has he not been able to bring them back, and in both his D allowed 21 pts or more in the first half. Even against Arizona, when the D put the team in the hole, he had still thrown over 300 yds and no int. However, eventually they got an interception ending the comeback. But considering the utter lack of support on O and D, he was doing well. You really should clean Orton's jizz off your eyes because you clearly can't see anything when JC is playing.

JC has not been playing lights out, but to suggest that he fails under adversity is moronic considering how he has responded when the game was on the line in 4th Qtrs.

Merlin
11-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Cutler could totally have won this game.
He did, with a far inferior team. I still think Orton can be decent, as long as he has excellent protection and a good running game. In a prior post I suggested he reminded me of Green in KC. With excellent protection and running game both QBs were very good. The problem surfaces when you cannot provide both. That is the difference with Cutler. If you can provide both he can definitely win, and if you can't he can sometimes win, but also lose. However, there are not many QBs that can sometimes win (about 50 percent of the time) under those circumstances.

bpc
11-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Dude, your thesis here is that Cutler would have beaten this team tonight.

Bull****.

Cutler can't get out of his own way when he faces adversity. Do you ever watch the games, or do you just listen to reports of his "rocket arm."

The guy has ZERO game.

If you're telling me that quality QBs help you win games... thanks for enlightening me.

Just don't confuse Cutler with a guy like Big Ben or Rivers.

I don't need to speculate on who would win. JAY beat BEN earlier in the year, when Pittsburgh was full strength... not this half-mass team that they trumpeted out today in Denver.

Keep arguing. Call it whatever you want. Jay beat Pittsburgh.

It stings, I know. He's much better than you would like to give him credit for. It will come out in time. ;)

bpc
11-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Denver is like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. They don't have a QB that can create plays. When you pair that with a average run game, it's a recipe for disaster against good QB's, no matter how well the defense is playing.

Our defense was flat wore out by the end of the game by the egg that Orton laid on the field.

I'll re-iterate it again. It's VERY hard to win championships when you are playing with a QB who is marginal in the talent area. Eventually he's gonna face the heat. What is he going to do with the ball at that point?

BroncoMan4ever
11-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Flame away.

QB and poor special teams lost this game for us, just like last week. IF we had any type of competent QB in the 1st half, we're heading into the locker room with a 21 pt lead and not a 4 pt deficit.

The trust I had that Orton could lead a good/great team has been fractured. If the blocking isn't pristine, this is the result you get.

Oh well, at least we get the elixir next week, playing Washington before we have SD at home.

Ugh.

if Cutler were here still he would have thrown 5 INTs compared with Orton's 3 and we would have lost by a greater margin. it is the running game, people need to quit ripping on Orton.

now if you want to say a good QB like, Rivers, Brady, Manning, Ben, could have played a better game tonight, cool, i won't argue with you on that, but to say Cutler, the ultimate choke artist, the guy who ****s himself repeatedly every week with stupid plays would have led the team to a win tonight, is just stupid.

OBF1
11-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Flame away.

Ugh.

Is that Cutler ass on your nose???

bpc
11-09-2009, 11:36 PM
if Cutler were here still he would have thrown 5 INTs compared with Orton's 3 and we would have lost by a greater margin. it is the running game, people need to quit ripping on Orton.

A good QB spots Denver's defense 21 pts in the 1st half instead of a 4 pt deficit. The game is pretty much over with the way our guys were flying around. Instead, Orton managed to hand off the ball better to the Pittsburgh defense than his own HB's.

bpc
11-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Is that Cutler ass on your nose???

I just quote the facts D. ;)

Merlin
11-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Again, Cutler did beat them with a far inferior D, OL and running game. How can you find the keyboard when you are blinded by such hate?

Florida_Bronco
11-10-2009, 12:42 AM
This thread is the biggest fail in a giant, epic pile of fail.

Popps
11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Have you seen his 4th Qtr performance (this yr and historically in the NFL)? Have you seen how many times he has brought his team back in the last couple of minutes just to see his team's D fail to protect the lead (both in Denver and Chicago)? The man has had lousy games, yet in the end when facing adversity the last thing he was concerned with was getting out o his way. Only in two of the losses has he not been able to bring them back, and in both his D allowed 21 pts or more in the first half. Even against Arizona, when the D put the team in the hole, he had still thrown over 300 yds and no int. However, eventually they got an interception ending the comeback. But considering the utter lack of support on O and D, he was doing well. You really should clean Orton's jizz off your eyes because you clearly can't see anything when JC is playing.

JC has not been playing lights out, but to suggest that he fails under adversity is moronic considering how he has responded when the game was on the line in 4th Qtrs.

Hilarious!

Hey, I never asked for Orton. I never said he was a long-term answer.

But, it's funny as hell that he's playing circles around Cutler, and not surprisingly... winning while Quitler is doing what he does best... losing.

Cutler is a loser. A fancy-armed loser. He was a loser in college and he's a loser in the pros.

But, feel free to keep writing 6 paragraph, flowery posts about your love for him.

Hilarious!

Popps
11-10-2009, 02:09 AM
This thread is the biggest fail in a giant, epic pile of fail.

Keep in mind, man... these are the same people that told us if we dumped Plummer and swapped QBs, all of our problems would be solved.

The result? Immediate failure and three years of it. So bad that it finally cost our coach his job.

So, you need to take this stuff with a grain of salt. These are angry people who are trying very hard to rectify past predictions gone south.

bpc
11-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Plummer was a pile of $hit. A gutless, weakminded, limp armed, fool. His best season came when Shanahan took the ball out of his hands on 3rd down. The reason we didn't win a super bowl in 05' was BECAUSE of Jake the mistake. Kind of like the reason we didn't beat Baltimore or Pitt was because of Orton. Both QB's bj'd the situation.

All offensive numbers went up when Cutler took over. Too bad the defense Plummer got to play behind got old and didn't give Jay the same support. That would have been a dangerous combination.

The 3 years of fail you comment about is the rebuilding efforts in Denver, long over due.

Doesn't matter now. Water under the bridge. Now we have the 15 yd shot putter at QB. Hopefully he rallies next week before this gets too far out of hand.

watermock
11-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Or none.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092011/2009/REG2/steelers@bears/analyze/box-score

Ha!

Poops asked for this one!

Bronco Yoda
11-10-2009, 04:44 AM
Flame away.

Ugh.

What's the point in this. He didn't want to play for us... he didn't ever want to compete for a job.

Too bad we couldn't combine JC's arm and movement with KO's heart and brain.

In the end they're BOTH flawed QB's IMO.

watermock
11-10-2009, 04:52 AM
We got a great deal, remember?

Snyder wanted him, but McD wanted Orton, remember?

Then we got 3 impact players. Moreno,
ayers, and Smith.

rastaman
11-10-2009, 04:58 AM
What's the point in this. He didn't want to play for us... he didn't ever want to compete for a job.

Are you sure Cutler didn't want to play in Denver or was it b/c McDaniels wasn't sure he wanted Cutler as his QB (hence: the attempt at the Cassel trade) or was it b/c McDaniels couldn't promise Cutler he wouldn't attempt to trade him year after every year? Which is it?

rmsanger
11-10-2009, 05:05 AM
Well I do agree with OP; Cutler would have won this game for us!

But two things stuck out:

1) Pass blocking sucked hard - Hamilton and the new RT were getting owned as in like a slave. The RBs and TE were not holding there blocks any longer than maybe 1.5 seconds for Orton to get his passes off.
2) The RBs flat out sucked... Moreno must not be getting any in the sack because he couldn't hit a hole for the life of him. His grandma slow ass is more worried about getting both arms across the ball for protection than seeing the hole. Buck just straight sucked tonight.

watermock
11-10-2009, 05:07 AM

But he is "Gay, he's a pouter!, he's a complainer,. he's an asshole...let's make fun of his diabetes, I nean BEETUS...

Make fun of his trust and going to his boyhood team.

Make fun if his diabtes foundation WHICH HE STARTED.

And then never making it public, he was offered a new contract.
\
\ Blame him for not looking cool, then looking cool in GQ.

This all done by our "Greatest Fan". that has intimate knowledge.

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 05:30 AM
I don't need to speculate on who would win. JAY beat BEN earlier in the year, when Pittsburgh was full strength... not this half-mass team that they trumpeted out today in Denver.

Keep arguing. Call it whatever you want. Jay beat Pittsburgh.

It stings, I know. He's much better than you would like to give him credit for. It will come out in time. ;)

PIT don't have Troy at that time

chex
11-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Again, Cutler did beat them with a far inferior D, OL and running game. How can you find the keyboard when you are blinded by such hate?

Gotcha.

So Cutler owns the wins, and the rest of the team owns the losses.

Pitt missed two fg's that game and was without Polamalu, and it still came down to the wire.

Peoples Champ
11-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Cutler beat Pitt without Polamalu. We saw how big an impact that guy is when he is in. He changes that whole Defense. He is everywhere. In the backfield tackling the RB on a run, then next play back in coverage getting the INT.

If Polamalu is in there against Chicago, Bears lose by 7 plus

TonyR
11-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Are some of you really, truly stupid enough to suggest that because Chicago beat Pittsburgh earlier this year that Cutler would have been the difference for us last night? Seriously? Stop and think about how stupid that is. The Steelers are playing better football now than they were then and played particularly well last night. Cutler may have made some plays last night that Orton didn't, but this loss isn't even remotely all on Orton. Cutler may have changed the score but not the outcome. This is a really stupid thread.

toad
11-10-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't think last night's loss is on Orton, but I will I think w/ Cutler we would had a much better chance of winning last night.

Cutler career vs. PIT:
2-0
2007 Denver Broncos: 27-38, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 104.7 rating, W
2009 Chicago Bears: 22-29, 3 TDs, 2 INT, 106.7 rating, W

Cutler-led teams, since he became a season-beginning starter, have averaged 22 points/game. I realize some of that factors in DEF and ST scores, but clearly looking big picture, add 22 to the 10 we had last night and we win 32-28 (and PIT's last score was really a garbage-time score anyway).

Cutler's arm strength alone, mistakes/attitude aside, would have demanded PIT respect the long ball and have freed the running game more. The first thing my PIT fan buddy said this morning was "did Orton throw a single ball over 20 yards?" and "man you guys have a dink and dunk offense."

Also, when the cards are down, the seeming inability to go vertical basically minimizes comeback attempts against great defenses like BAL and PIT.

Overall I think we should have stood a better chance, particulary when we fell down 14-10, had Cutler been in. It definitly seemed when the tides turned to 14-10, the play calling was almost to protect/minimize/mask the QB.

That's not to say I don't support Orton, but I think our lack of a vertical game is being exposed quickly and defenses are obviously planning accordingly.

Meck77
11-10-2009, 08:27 AM
The women of the mane are still crying about Cutler. Unbelievable.

TonyR
11-10-2009, 08:35 AM

It is fugging pathetic, isn't it?

Chicago beat the Steelers earlier this year so Cutler would have carried us on his back to victory. This statement qualifies as logic around here.

Peoples Champ
11-10-2009, 08:40 AM

Ya I know this is ridiculous. You gotta think big picture. We are 6-2. No one gave us credit. I am happy at 6-2, and if we can beat the Redskins next week, thats 7-2. We should make the playoffs at 7-2 (knock on wood)

WE NEVER MADE THE PLAYOFFS WITH CUTLER!

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Flame away.

Ugh.

Do you know how many FG's PIT missed in Chicago game?

Cutler and Orton both suck...Neither of them are NFL QB's

Peoples Champ
11-10-2009, 08:45 AM
In Denver, Cutler was 0-1 against Detroit Lions

Mountain Bronco
11-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Fail, pass blocking and lack of any running game lost this game for us. Play calling sucked as well.

SportinOne
11-10-2009, 09:58 AM

There is still a lot of crying on both sides, but the people who most bring up cutler are those who say they wanted him gone..

SportinOne
11-10-2009, 09:58 AM
And Cutler did beat the Steelers... with less offensive weapons and a banged up defense.

just saying

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
And Cutler did beat the Steelers... with less offensive weapons and a banged up defense.

just saying

Steelers didn't have Troy..Without him, they are a bad football team.

Also, that day PIT missed couple of easy FG's.

colonelbeef
11-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Cutler is a better player than Orton. This is not up for debate.

Funny how the offense has completely regressed, with the only major difference personnel wise being Orton at QB instead of Cutler.

Last years' offense with this years' D= legitimate title contender.

Cutler on this team, we have a legitimate shot at a super bowl run. Orton= no fking way. He'll dink his way to a few wins though when the defense is up to the challenge.

TonyR
11-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Cutler on this team, we have a legitimate shot at a super bowl run. Orton= no fking way.

Funny, they were saying the same thing about the Bears before the season. How's that working out?

TonyR
11-10-2009, 10:19 AM

just saying

As I stated previously this is a completely stupid argument. It took OT for the Steelers to beat Tennessee week 1. Do you think perhaps they're playing a little better now than they were at the start of the season? The Bears beating the Steelers week 2 has absolutely no relationship to last night's game.

Florida_Bronco
11-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Keep in mind, man... these are the same people that told us if we dumped Plummer and swapped QBs, all of our problems would be solved.

The result? Immediate failure and three years of it. So bad that it finally cost our coach his job.

So, you need to take this stuff with a grain of salt. These are angry people who are trying very hard to rectify past predictions gone south.

Yeah. It's a shame that so many good posters basically went completely off the deep end when we booted Shanny and Cutler. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in all the years I've been here.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Orton is a Griese clone. If the rest of the team is delivering, Orton can distribute the ball. But right now, he's not getting any amount of running support, and worse, McDaniels called plays tonight like he had been setting up the play action all night.

Funny. Those are the exact excuses Bears fans are making right now for Cutler.

bombay
11-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Cutler beat a different version of the Steelers. And he did it with the Super Bowl bound Bears!

You can't expect the little old Broncos to be the equal of the juggernaut that is the Bears.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Cutler beat a different version of the Steelers. And he did it with the Super Bowl bound Bears!

You can't expect the little old Broncos to be the equal of the juggernaut that is the Bears.

He beat the steelers with the kicker that misses chip shots and loses the game.

Popps
11-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Funny, they were saying the same thing about the Bears before the season. How's that working out?

Exactly.

We would have lost at least half of those first 6 games with Quitler under center. Maybe more.

Talk about a born loser.

Popps
11-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Plummer was a pile of $hit. A gutless, weakminded, limp armed, fool. .

:spit:

Got it, so if a QB is a winner... you dislike him.

If he's a loser, you pine after him for all eternity.

Just trying to keep it straight.

Florida_Bronco
11-10-2009, 10:52 AM

Got it, so if a QB is a winner... you dislike him.

If he's a loser, you pine after him for all eternity.

Just trying to keep it straight.

It sure seems that way.

toad
11-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't think last night's loss is on Orton, but I will I think w/ Cutler we would had a much better chance of winning last night.

Cutler career vs. PIT:
2-0

Cutler-led teams, since he became a season-beginning starter, have averaged 22 points/game. I realize some of that factors in DEF and ST scores, but clearly looking big picture, add 22 to the 10 we had last night and we win 32-28 (and PIT's last score was really a garbage-time score anyway).

Cutler's arm strength alone, mistakes/attitude aside, would have demanded PIT respect the long ball and have freed the running game more. The first thing my PIT fan buddy said this morning was "did Orton throw a single ball over 20 yards?" and "man you guys have a dink and dunk offense."

Also, when the cards are down, the seeming inability to go vertical basically minimizes comeback attempts against great defenses like BAL and PIT.

Overall I think we should have stood a better chance, particulary when we fell down 14-10, had Cutler been in. It definitly seemed when the tides turned to 14-10, the play calling was almost to protect/minimize/mask the QB.

That's not to say I don't support Orton, but I think our lack of a vertical game is being exposed quickly and defenses are obviously planning accordingly.

Shall I reword my statement to say a "Cutler-like" QB...by which I mean a QB that can go vertical and defenses must respect and cannot put a very specific game plan in place for. "Cutler" gets the fill-in name here as he did play for us and the Cutler/Orton swap is basically the only changed personnel piece in an offense that was reasonably potent last year.

I am not a Cutler supporter and did not disagree w/ trading him for the package we got in return.

Garcia Bronco
11-10-2009, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't trade one win against the steelers for a loss againt 4 other teams.

mr007
11-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Hilarious!

But, it's funny as hell that he's playing circles around Cutler, and not surprisingly... winning while Quitler is doing what he does best... losing.

Cutler is a loser. A fancy-armed loser. He was a loser in college and he's a loser in the pros.

But, feel free to keep writing 6 paragraph, flowery posts about your love for him.

Hilarious!

Yeah dude, Orton is COMPLETELY playing circles around Cutler. Especially when he runs directly into Dlineman that are being blocked and doesn't have a clue where anyone is rushing from.

bpc
11-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah dude, Orton is COMPLETELY playing circles around Cutler. Especially when he runs directly into Dlineman that are being blocked and doesn't have a clue where anyone is rushing from.

Orton has some of the worst pocket awareness i've ever seen. That was an underrated part of Cutler's game here. Part of the reason we gave up so few sacks last year was Denver has a good OL, the other part was Jay was adept at feeling the rush, getting that free defender miss and making a play.

Orton is getting the same benefit Jake Plummer got over Jay... playing with a great defense which is saving his ass and helping him consistently play from a lead. Cutler never got that opportunity but hey, don't let that stop the hate parade from marching.

Jay could beat the Steelers when it mattered most... Orton? Deer in the headlights.

Bronco Yoda
11-10-2009, 12:11 PM
But he is "Gay, he's a pouter!, he's a complainer,. he's an a-hole...let's make fun of his diabetes, I nean BEETUS...

Make fun of his trust and going to his boyhood team.

Make fun if his diabtes foundation WHICH HE STARTED.

And then never making it public, he was offered a new contract.
\
\ Blame him for not looking cool, then looking cool in GQ.

This all done by our "Greatest Fan". that has intimate knowledge.

I never made fun of his BEETUS or any foundation. You have me confused with someone else. But yah, I'm not fooled by Jay. He's no franchise QB yet.

Bob
11-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Flame away.

Ugh.

On a "good day" Cutler could have beaten the Steelers -- but on a bad day (every third game it seemed) we would have lost by more points. I love Cutler, he is "better" than Orton but again, we will never actually know if Cutler would have done better in this new system, how can we?

Merlin
11-10-2009, 12:43 PM

I'm sorry, is your boygina hurt again because people show how moronic your hate is? The minute Orton has had to face half the pressure Cutler has faced he folds like a tent, whereas Cutler has won half his games and put his team in a position to win in the last couple of minutes in the games they lost. Keep it up Poops, your idiocy and hyperbole never fails.

UberBroncoMan
11-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Cutler beat the Steelers THIS YEAR with the BEARS O-Line/Receiving Core so none of this zomg Hammy sucks ****.

Until Orton can make a defense respect his arm they are just going to stack the line - take away the run - make us one dimensional - own us.

Cutler not only had to make teams worry about the long ball, but also pocket containment which no one worries about with Orton because he's slow and ****ing blows at throwing on the run.

Cutler is gone though so people need to get over it and hope he sucks the rest of the year so we get a good pick.

BroncoMan4ever
11-10-2009, 12:50 PM
A good QB spots Denver's defense 21 pts in the 1st half instead of a 4 pt deficit. The game is pretty much over with the way our guys were flying around. Instead, Orton managed to hand off the ball better to the Pittsburgh defense than his own HB's.

a good QB yes, but Cutler with his mental mistakes which are now a weekly occurence is far from being a good QB. he is all potential, he is becoming Jeff George 2.0. ****ty attitude, ****ty leader and teammate, all world talent with a retard brain.

if you want to say a good QB plays better than Orton, fine, say it, i won't argue that, but to say Cutler would is insane.

Merlin
11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Gotcha.

So Cutler owns the wins, and the rest of the team owns the losses.

Pitt missed two fg's that game and was without Polamalu, and it still came down to the wire.
Gotcha, find all the excuses of the world for our failures, and let blind hate guide your analysis of Cutler's play. I guess you did not hear about the Bear's losses on D, or the non-existence of an OL or running game (making Denver's running game and OL look stellar), or that Cutler led the team in fourth quarter to a score to win against a team that Orton was MIA? Is funny how Denver's win against Cincy, which required a game "ending" play that happens once in every 100 games shows Denver's resiliency. But two missed FGs, which happen every Sunday to one or more teams in the NFL is to be highlighted as the reason for Cutler's success on the drive where he led the Bears to their win, again without an OL or a running game (and far inferior receivers to Denver's). Yes, you are right, your hate does not blind you in the least.

Merlin
11-10-2009, 12:56 PM
a good QB yes, but Cutler with his mental mistakes which are now a weekly occurence is far from being a good QB.
Yet when you compare his stats to other stellar QBs at the same point in time of their career, Cutler's performance is better. Does Cutler have issues? Of course he has. In some ways he is too gifted for his own good. Is there reason to believe he can excel, of course there is. He is incredibly gifted, smart (lets not forget his schooling), tough, and gives it all for his team. At the beginning of the season I posted that our running game, OL, and WR stats would worsen, because Cutler made all of them better. Even when playing against defenses that could not get to him, Orton's numbers were validating my point. Now that teams have a better understanding of Denver's offense and Orton's role in it, the OL, WR and running game are looking much worse. Yet all of this gets generally ignored in the hate and hyperbole against Cutler.

Rohirrim
11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Yet when you compare his stats to other stellar QBs at the same point in time of their career, Cutler's performance is better. Does Cutler have issues? Of course he has. In some ways he is too gifted for his own good. Is there reason to believe he can excel, of course there is. He is incredibly gifted, smart (lets not forget his schooling), tough, and gives it all for his team. At the beginning of the season I posted that our running game, OL, and WR stats would worsen, because Cutler made all of them better. Even when playing against defenses that could not get to him, Orton's numbers were validating my point. Now that teams have a better understanding of Denver's offense and Orton's role in it, the OL, WR and running game are looking much worse. Yet all of this gets generally ignored in the hate and hyperbole against Cutler.

Wow! He sounds fantastic! Too bad he didn't want to play here.

BroncoMan4ever
11-10-2009, 01:00 PM

Please, our running game right now is playing like ****. we may have more talented backs but the output they are giving is not better than what Cutler had.

also, when we beat them in 2007 it was when Travis Henry was still playing and was among the league leaders in rushing at the time. also, it can be said that without a Tim Crowder fumble recovery that he returned for a TD, that we lose that game, with Cutler's 2 INTs.

has nothing to do with hate for Cutler, i just don't swing from the guys nuts and believe him to be better than he has shown himself to be.

chex
11-10-2009, 01:05 PM

This reminds me of that old SNL 'da Bears' skit, only instead of Bears, it's Cutler.

Merlin
11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Please, our running game right now is playing like ****.
I guess you misunderstood me. I was comparing it to the running game of the Bears, which makes Denver's look stellar.

Merlin
11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow! He sounds fantastic! Too bad he didn't want to play here.
I agree with your sentiment. My point is not to clamor for Cutler's return, but rather to challenge the blind hate that some express here. I had issues last yr with Cutler, his decision making, and our OC, this was while people were drooling over them last yr. Just trying to keep the conversation intellectually honest.

BroncoMan4ever
11-10-2009, 01:25 PM

you can't compare stats from this era of football to legends of the past. the league is completely different, very pass happy, and due to that stats of players of today seem much greater than those of guys even a decade ago.
numbers don't point out everything about a QB. look at Elway, career passer rating of something like 81, 300 TDs to something like 225 INTs, if you truly break it down as a stat person, his stats aren't incredible, and do not reflect what he did on the field. for those stats, it doesn't show that he was the winningest QB in NFL history, or that he was an NFL MVP, or that he was the comeback king, his stats don't tell you anything that made him great.

Cutler is on the complete opposite of that spectrum, awesome looking stats, but terrible in win total, does nothing that makes him special, after 4 years now, he has yet to improve in any aspect of his game, in fact in decision making he seems to be regressing. stats are bull**** when it comes to measuring the greatness or averageness of a QB.

i will not argue on the gifted part. he has quite possibly the best combination of athletic skills of any QB in the game today. i won't argue that he isn't a tough bastard, because with the beetus and getting pounded for 4 years a Vanderbilt show he is strong. He may very well be intelligent because of where he went to school, but books smarts doesn't mean you are football smart, and his poor decision making is an example of either not being smart enough to learn from his mistakes on the football field, or just being too arrogant and egotistical in his own self image in making himself believe he can do anything. either way both things are not attributes of smart QBs.

and i have to question you on the giving it all for his team. he is the first guy to pass blame onto the rest of the team, he is the guy who's body language says he is done for the game and that he has given up on that game. he leaves a lot to be desired as a teammate.

also the OL is regressing because of scheme change, not because of Orton. Hamilton and Weigman do not fit the mold of the scheme they are now being asked to run. and because of that our interior line is getting mauled. the ZBS was good at masking the deficiencies in a weaker line whereas the power running style of blocking shows exactly where you are weak. and Hamilton and Weigman do not have the strength for the new blocking scheme

the running game stats go hand in hand with the OL adjusting to the new blocking scheme. if the line can't open holes in the interior of the line, the running game suffers. once again that isn't because of Orton.

i am willing to give you the WR argument though. however, part of me believes that the passing game isn't suffering because of Orton or a lack of arm strength and mobility. because Orton has arm strength comparable to most QBs in the NFL. he has the average NFL QB arm strength. i think it is suffering due to play calling. All McDaniels seems to call are the screen passes, or short crossing routes in hopes that our receivers can make people miss and get big gains.

also with the interior of our OL not being able to hold up, it is causing Orton to have to get rid of the ball quicker which results in him having to only go to the short passes and screens. so many say we need to go down field more, which is true, but those routes need time to develop and currently Orton isn't getting the necessary time to allow those routes to develop, survey the field and hit the open man down field. it has nothing to do with arm strength, it has to do with the time he has, and him deciding to simply take what he can instead of making a stupid mistake with the ball.

BroncoMan4ever
11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I guess you misunderstood me. I was comparing it to the running game of the Bears, which makes Denver's look stellar.

i did misunderstand you. i forgot the Bears played and beat the Steelers this season. i assumed you were bring up a past game from previous seasons like a lot of people tend to do. my bad on the misunerstanding.

although in week 2, the Steelers were still in a funk, had some injuries, no Polomalu, and were not the same team we faced monday night. also, even with the Bears running game looking like **** this season, Forte is still a beast and still needs to be accounted for. it is the LT situation, where even if the RB may not be a major threat, he still needs to be watched and guarded closely because the talent he has can bust out on any play. Denver has 2 good RBs right now, but neither of them are anywhere near the elite class(YET) that Forte is mentioned with.

Cutler had a good game, but there were a lot of factors that played into that. The Steelers were nowhere near full strength and still were in a bit of the post super bowl funk.

Cutler got the sluggish Steelers, Orton got the full power Steelers.

Rivers Delivers
11-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I told you guys a long time ago that Jay Cutler is Jeff George's illegitimate child... with a worse haircut but no acne.

Jay Cutler is a bonafide loser. He didn't beat the Steelers... the Steelers beat the Steelers. He may win some regular season games, but he will NEVER win a Superbowl or live up to expectations. It won't be long before he throws Chicago's defense under the bus. The difference will be that Chicago has defensive players who will kick his punk-a.ss back to Santa Claus.

Jay Cutler is not the answer. Unless the question is: "Who would you rather have quarterbacking your team to an epic AFC West collapse?"

Oh wait... don't answer that... yet. :thanku:

PHILIP RIVERS IS COMING... and he's piissed off. :wiggle:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Cutler beat the Steelers THIS YEAR with the BEARS O-Line/Receiving Core so none of this zomg Hammy sucks ****.

Until Orton can make a defense respect his arm they are just going to stack the line - take away the run - make us one dimensional - own us.

Cutler not only had to make teams worry about the long ball, but also pocket containment which no one worries about with Orton because he's slow and ****ing blows at throwing on the run.

Cutler is gone though so people need to get over it and hope he sucks the rest of the year so we get a good pick.

Cutler beat the Steelers because their kicker missed two chip shot field goals, and their defensive captain wasn't in the game.

/thread

Tombstone RJ
11-10-2009, 01:49 PM

Cutler > Orton.

Your wrong on so many levels, let me start off the top of my head:

1. Cutler is not a great QB
2. To beat a great team you need to be a great team (not a great QB).
3. Orton is better than Cutler when it comes to winning
4. You must have a crystal ball to know the future
5. Crystal balls are for pussies.

Pick Six
11-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Steelers didn't have Troy..Without him, they are a bad football team.

Also, that day PIT missed couple of easy FG's.

Yep. I can't repeat here what I was saying to myself when I found out that Polomalu was back...:gripe:

oubronco
11-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Cutler is Gone "MOVE ON" we are stuck with Orton and thats the way it is like it or not

UberBroncoMan
11-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Cutler beat the Steelers because their kicker missed two chip shot field goals, and their defensive captain wasn't in the game.

/thread

Cutler didn't suck in the game and throw 3 INT's that lead to 14 points Moose... rather he had over 100 QB rating to go with 2 TD's and 0 INT's. BTW the Bears were also missing their defensive captain.

All the while playing behind a pile of **** line with a piece of **** receiving core.

People get so invested in their viewpoints that they will spout out just about anything to keep their point of view in check in their own mind even if it's completely irrational in the big picture.

So stupid.

Give Cutler his due for the Pitt game. He did everything to win it for Chicago while Orton singlehandedly cost us our game.

bpc
11-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Cutler didn't suck in the game and throw 3 INT's that lead to 14 points Moose... rather he had over 100 QB rating to go with 2 TD's and 0 INT's. BTW the Bears were also missing their defensive captain.

All the while playing behind a pile of **** line with a piece of **** receiving core.

People get so invested in their viewpoints that they will spout out just about anything to keep their point of view in check in their own mind even if it's completely irrational in the big picture.

So stupid.

Give Cutler his due for the Pitt game. He did everything to win it for Chicago while Orton singlehandedly cost us our game.

It's useless to use statistical facts for some of these people, in this case, a CLEAR H2H victory over the Super Bowl champs and a dominant game at that.

If you try, they will just tear up and start letting their lips quiver "but, but, but, but, but!!!"

We are stuck with a marginal starting QB and ultimately it will be what keeps us from doing anything significant this year and that's the bottom line. No coach, no dominant defense is gonna save this team from Orton, just as it didn't save Tennessee or Carolina last year.

Our #1 priority moving forward going into the offseason should be finding a solution at QB.

chex
11-10-2009, 03:02 PM

So stupid.

So basically, all that's left for Cutler to do at this point is part the Red Sea.

He is so stupendously fantastically wonderful, yet he has a losing career record. When his team loses, it's the QB's fault last. When his team wins, it's all because of the QB.

All the Cutler huggers ever do is point to stats. That's it. Stats are for losers. You cannot be a franchise QB with a career 21-24 record. I don't care how far, fast, or accurate you can throw a football. All that means is you have a great arm, which he does. That alone doesn't make you a franchise QB, or even a good one for that matter.

But I'm curious, so I'll open this question to you and anyone else that cares to answer: who do you currently consider to be franchise QB's? I'm curious to see what company Cutler keeps.

barryr
11-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Cutler is leading an average 4-4 team that just got its butt kicked by the Cards at home.

DBroncos4life
11-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Cutler is leading an average 4-4 team that just got its butt kicked by the Cards at home.

Odds are the one with the worst record isn't going to have to worry about competition being brought in to compete with him as a starter during the offseason.

barryr
11-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Odds are the one with the worst record isn't going to have to worry about competition being brought in to compete with him as a starter during the offseason.

Odds are the one with the worse record won't ever see a Super Bowl other than on TV or the sidelines making his fan club look stupid.

errand
11-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Orton is a Griese clone. .

LOLLOL

so, does that mean that Kyle Orton is now "the NFL's most efficient QB - bar none?"....

The only thing Griese and Orton have in common is that they're former Bears QB's.

I know you want to convince people that Orton is like your former infatuation, but Orton has better arm strength, and wins games, and displays some leadership. If Griese possessed the same qualities, he'd had never been booted outta Denver

errand
11-10-2009, 03:47 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers are the best rushing defense in the NFL plus we are in the middle of a transitional line just trying to get through this season on grit and effort. McD has done a masterful job in his first year taking what he had and building a team that will probably make the playoffs its first year. Obviously, they are not going to beat the NFL champions.

good post...

I think this year's team is capable of making the playoffs, perhaps even winning a playoff game, but they are at this immediate moment not good enough to go deep into the playoffs and challenge for conference title.

Having said that the year is only half over and we're at 6-2 when the entire league and tons of clowns on here figured we'd be 2-6 at best. Let's not start panicking just yet people....

DBroncos4life
11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Odds are the one with the worse record won't ever see a Super Bowl other than on TV or the sidelines making his fan club look stupid.

Maybe but I bet that team brings in players to help said QB reach the SB instead of replacing him.

Cito Pelon
11-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't miss Cutler. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, setting up a foundation for battered women and all that, but he's not like some super-duper QB.

Popps
11-10-2009, 06:02 PM
LOLLOL

so, does that mean that Kyle Orton is now "the NFL's most efficient QB - bar none?"....

The only thing Griese and Orton have in common is that they're former Bears QB's.

Taco needs this to be true. He really does.

It's not, but he needs it to be true.

Though, I will say... Orton looked like Griese last night. Bad decisions, costly INTs... yep, a very Griese-like game. Or, Cutler-like.

Circle Orange
11-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Confidence in doughboy? I think not. Better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ROFL!

Broncos still 6-2
Bears still 4-4

epic suckage, well earned

baja
11-10-2009, 08:28 PM

Except with Orton his team mates do not punch him in the face at parties

Oh and Orton has a right shoulder that works.

hambone13
11-10-2009, 08:32 PM

Cutler career vs. PIT:
2-0

ahhh, refreshing facts. Rep.

bombay
11-10-2009, 08:38 PM

Cutler career vs. PIT:
2-0

If Cutler averages 22 points per game, why would you add that 22 to the 10 the Broncos actually scored? That makes no sense at all. If a Cutler led offense scored his average 22, you still lose. Assigning his average to an individual game that he didn't play in absurd, as is the thread.

hambone13
11-10-2009, 08:54 PM
If Cutler averages 22 points per game, why would you add that 22 to the 10 the Broncos actually scored? That makes no sense at all. If a Cutler led offense scored his average 22, you still lose. Assigning his average to an individual game that he didn't play in absurd, as is the thread.

Because 7 of the 10 were on defense and the garbage play at the end that he made specific reference to.

bombay
11-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Because 7 of the 10 were on defense and the garbage play at the end that he made specific reference to.

LOL

Ifs, buts, candy, nuts. Bull****.

Reality is your hero is 21-24.

Bronco Yoda
11-10-2009, 09:25 PM

LOL... I thought the same thing. I was skimming the thread and had to stop so see if I read it wrong. WTF is all I could come up with. Goofy logic to say the least.

Popps
11-11-2009, 01:17 AM

I think he meant that Cutler averaged 22 points a game... for the other team.

Taco John
11-11-2009, 01:47 AM

Though, I will say... Orton looked like Griese last night. Bad decisions, costly INTs... yep, a very Griese-like game. Or, Cutler-like.

I don't "need" it to be true. It simply is true.

Orton is a Griese clone. We got a great peek at this truth the last two weeks when defenese were able to hit Orton early and shake his cage a bit. Or when Orton would try to throw on the run and end up throwing a weak duck into the ground. And we saw it through week six, when Orton was among the most efficient quarterbacks in the game, getting good protection, finding the open man, making few mistakes, and distributing the ball.

There's hardly a lick of difference in their games. If Orton destroyed his shoulder the same way Griese did, he'd probably end up punched in the face, tripping over a dog, and wheeling a shopping cart to practice.

So what do you do when you have a guy like that at the center of your team? You protect him, and give him running support. Our interior line doesn't seem to have the juice to do that, and our running game isn't pulling its weight. If it keeps up like this, Orton will be just as hated as Griese was, despite what he's shown he's capable of under favorable conditions.

Taco John
11-11-2009, 01:50 AM
LOLLOL

I don't think Orton is nearly as sharp as Griese was during his probowl campaign where he managed to distribute 100 catches to both Rod and Eddie. But I think he's capable of that sort of thing under the right circumstances.

But like Griese, if we get down by 10 points, it's hard to muster a lot of confidence that he's going to be able to bounce back. His deep balls are a little lofty.

Cleo McDowell
11-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Ya I know this is ridiculous. You gotta think big picture. We are 6-2. No one gave us credit. I am happy at 6-2, and if we can beat the Redskins next week, thats 7-2. We should make the playoffs at 7-2 (knock on wood)

WE NEVER MADE THE PLAYOFFS WITH CUTLER!

qft.

to add to the moronic OP, while cutler could have possibly won us the Steeler game, he also could have possibly lost us the patriots game, the san diego game, the raiders etc...

STFU

long beach bronco
11-11-2009, 05:15 AM
The running wasn't there as a result of the Steelers bringing everybody up in the box. They knew Orton wasn't going deep so every time we tried to run both safeties were in the box. It was Ortons fault that we couldn't run. He needs to throw that ball down field to move everybody out of that box, until then, every team we play from here on out is going to do the same thing.

chex
11-11-2009, 07:07 AM
So really what's being said is that we'd never lose if we had kept Cutler.

It's funny how Cutler would have won the games we lost, as well as win the games we won, yet he could never win more than 17 out of 37 starts here. And now that he's 4-4 in Chicago, I guess it's safe to assume the Bears would be 0-8 with any other QB. How is it that this all-universe QB can't win more games than he loses?

errand
11-11-2009, 03:54 PM

I agree...

We need to get use to TJ claiming every moderately talented cerebral QB that doesn't throw the ball 85 yards on the run "is a Griese clone"...

We're 6-2....with 5-6 winnable games left on our schedule.

Washington - we should win
San Diego - we should win at home
NY Giants - they too are struggling, so this one is toss up, however at home I'd like our chances.
KC - we rarely beat them in Narrowhead, so...perhaps we lose this one?
Indy - Colts are tough regardless...even tougher on road. I'd concede a loss here
Oakland - we should win at home
Philly - on the road, another toss up game.
KC - We should win at home

I see us finishing no worse than 10-6, and that's with us winning all our home games and losing all our road games....and 10-6 should get us into playoffs, which is a start, and better than anything we've accomplished since they benched Jake for the annointed one.

On a side note...does anyone else notice that the Broncos are 13-6 without Jay Cutler as our starting QB, if you go back to his rookie season?

errand
11-11-2009, 04:06 PM

Orton is a Griese clone. We got a great peek at this truth the last two weeks when defenese were able to hit Orton early and shake his cage a bit. Or when Orton would try to throw on the run and end up throwing a weak duck into the ground. And we saw it through week six, when Orton was among the most efficient quarterbacks in the game, getting good protection, finding the open man, making few mistakes, and distributing the ball.

There's hardly a lick of difference in their games. If Orton destroyed his shoulder the same way Griese did, he'd probably end up punched in the face, tripping over a dog, and wheeling a shopping cart to practice.

So what do you do when you have a guy like that at the center of your team? You protect him, and give him running support. Our interior line doesn't seem to have the juice to do that, and our running game isn't pulling its weight. If it keeps up like this, Orton will be just as hated as Griese was, despite what he's shown he's capable of under favorable conditions.

OK, so if we have in your opinion a "Griese clone', then wouldn't that logically make Kyle Orton "the NFL's most efficient QB - bar none?"

I mean, what other conclusion could we come to?

Popps
11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I agree...

We need to get use to TJ claiming every moderately talented cerebral QB that doesn't throw the ball 85 yards on the run "is a Griese clone"...

He simply sees arm strength and nothing else.

As I said, Taco told us Brady was no better than Griese. I'm sure he based that on neither having Elway-type cannons.

Some people can look at two QBs with similar PHYSICAL skills and pick the winner of the two... some cannot.

Orton has been a winner with two completely different teams.

Griese played his way onto the bench and then out of the league.

Some people can recognize this stuff, some can't. As Meck pointed out... it's odd that Taco is so obsessed with being "right" about the QB position, because of all of the things he's been wrong about... the QB spot is where he's just dead-wrong every time he types.

There's only one better contrarian indicator than Taco, and that's Bob.

lazarus4444
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Personally i think it's ok for the OP to compare to other franchise QB's but not to cutler. Cutler hasn't proven himself to be a franchise qb yet and shouldn't be a part of the discussion. Now if you want to say "If we had [Peyton Manning | Rivers | Brady | Brees | Aaron Rodgers] then we would have beat the steelers" then fine, say that. But no reason to bring up the mopey, emo loser that we raped the bears with in that trade because he is dead to us and his only use to us is being himself the rest of the season (a loser).

Popps
11-11-2009, 05:47 PM
His deep balls are a little lofty.

Dude, you know Elway didn't throw any deep balls on The Drive, right?

You think deep balls are the only way teams come back from being down?

Did Ben R. need to throw a lot of deep balls Monday night to beat us?

rastaman
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I agree...

We're 6-2....with 5-6 winnable games left on our schedule.

Washington - we should win
San Diego - we should win at home
NY Giants - they too are struggling, so this one is toss up, however at home I'd like our chances.
KC - we rarely beat them in Narrowhead, so...perhaps we lose this one?
Indy - Colts are tough regardless...even tougher on road. I'd concede a loss here
Oakland - we should win at home
Philly - on the road, another toss up game.
KC - We should win at home

I see us finishing no worse than 10-6, and that's with us winning all our home games and losing all our road games....and 10-6 should get us into playoffs, which is a start, and better than anything we've accomplished since they benched Jake for the annointed one.

On a side note...does anyone else notice that the Broncos are 13-6 without Jay Cutler as our starting QB, if you go back to his rookie season?

Errand, your optimism is definitely heartening. However, there is great concern amongst some Bronco fans that if our offense can't get out of its funk starting with the Redskins this week, Denver is in for a long disappointing 2nd half of the season.

Playing games at home and your Offense has no consistency, no running consistent attack, can't sustain drives, can't throw deep, and can't convert 3rd downs with consistency, will nullify home field advantage. By the 4th qtr the defense will start to give up chunks yards just enough for the opposing offenses to start wearing them down even further.

This is when the Defense starts give up 14-17 points or more. I'm hoping this isn't a trend and the offense can keep the D off the field and give them a rest when they need it most.

The "we should win", "the rivalries aren't guarntedd and subject to upsets", and "the toss ups games" can end in losses. Should the offense remain in a funk and the Defense is worn down by the 4th qtr and can't get off the field, therein lies the perfect storm coming together and causing Denver to lose 8 or 7 loses at the end of the season.

The next 4 weeks will be interesting. Lets hope the offense gets its act together starting with the Skins.

vancejohnson82
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Errand, your optimism is definitely heartening. However, there is great concern amongst some Bronco fans that if our offense can't get out of its funk starting with the Redskins this week, Denver is in for a long disappointing 2nd half of the season.

Playing games at home and your Offense has no consistency, no running consistent attack, can't sustain drives, can't throw deep, and can't convert 3rd downs with consistency, will nullify home field advantage. By the 4th qtr the defense will start to give up chunks yards just enough for the opposing offenses to start wearing them down even further.

This is when the Defense starts give up 14-17 points or more. I'm hoping this isn't a trend and the offense can keep the D off the field and give them a rest when they need it most.

The "we should win", "the rivalries aren't guarntedd and subject to upsets", and "the toss ups games" can end in losses. Should the offense remain in a funk and the Defense is worn down by the 4th qtr and can't get off the field, therein lies the perfect storm coming together and causing Denver to lose 8 or 7 loses at the end of the season.

The next 4 weeks will be interesting. Lets hope the offense gets its act together starting with the Skins.

playing devil's advocate...why won't the team/offense improve over the second half of the season

most of us coming in thought we would be something like 2-6 at this point and would play some good football as the team gelled a bit

BroncoMan4ever
11-12-2009, 12:31 AM
LOLLOL

I know you want to convince people that Orton is like your former infatuation, but Orton has better arm strength, and wins games, and displays some leadership. If Griese possessed the same qualities, he'd had never been booted outta Denver

i have thought of Orton as being a good mix of Griese and Plummer.

comparable skill set to Griese, which isn't a bad thing. Griese was efficient threw a good ball, didn't make a lot of mistakes and played good football, just had ****ty attitude, Orton does have a stronger arm though. and he has the leadership, and attitude of Plummer.

he is a guy i would be very happy leading our offense and team for the next 5-10 years.

BroncoMan4ever
11-12-2009, 12:36 AM
good post...

I think this year's team is capable of making the playoffs, perhaps even winning a playoff game, but they are at this immediate moment not good enough to go deep into the playoffs and challenge for conference title.

Having said that the year is only half over and we're at 6-2 when the entire league and tons of clowns on here figured we'd be 2-6 at best. Let's not start panicking just yet people....

thank you for having a level head on this subject. so many were talking about how we would be lucky to win 6 games all year and that KC and Oakland were no longer the bottom feeders in the AFC West because we were taking over those duties. also at the beginning of the season, everyone talked about the brutal schedule we were going to face, especially in the weeks 4-9. that 5 game stretch was seen as so brutal we would have been lucky to win 2 games out of the 5. we went 3-2 and lost to 2 teams that are just a lot better and stronger than we are at this moment.

the fast start had people forgetting just how rough the schedule was or that technically this team is still building.

also, we are still in 1st in this division and control our own destiny. i say be happy and don't freak out when we are 6-2

BroncoMan4ever
11-12-2009, 12:48 AM

Cutler career vs. PIT:
2-0

did you forget that Pittsburgh's kicker had an uncharacteristically bad day shanking on 2 easy FG that would have given Pittsburgh a win? or that Pittsburgh was without a few key contributors like Polomaulu? or that they hadn't begun to play good football and were still a little sluggish to begin the season?

I don't care if it was Elway behind the line the last 2 weeks. it doesn't matter if you have an arm like Elway or an arm like Pennington, if the moment the ball is snapped you have defenders on your ass.

so much Orton can't throw a deep ball and it is killing our offense talk, and it is all bull****. how are you expected to throw a deep ball when the interior line can't give you the necessary 4-6 seconds needed to allow the deeper routes to develop and get rid of the ball, so he takes shorter routes which are available when he needs to get rid of the ball

the lack of the deep ball has nothing to do with Orton not being able to throw the ball over 10 yards, because if you watch highlights from previous seasons or in college you will see he has a pretty damn good arm. has to do with him not having time to have those routes be of any use.

BroncoMan4ever
11-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Maybe but I bet that team brings in players to help said QB reach the SB instead of replacing him.

they have no choice now since they handcuffed themselves to him for 5 years.

bombay
11-12-2009, 09:22 AM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2383290 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>
<!-- status icon and date -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2383290><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->http://www.tippingpitchers.com/images/icons/icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/cutler-facebook.jpg
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Traveler
11-12-2009, 09:41 AM
We lose to the Redskins this Sunday.

rastaman
11-12-2009, 11:47 AM
playing devil's advocate...why won't the team/offense improve over the second half of the season

most of us coming in thought we would be something like 2-6 at this point and would play some good football as the team gelled a bit

I'm hoping also that the Offense gets out of it funk aganinst the Washington Red Skin. Also, keep in mind the offense hasn't exactly been hitting on all cylinders since the start of the season. An improvement I'll be looking for is in the running game.

Denver has two power running backs in Lamont Jordan an Peyton Hillis and Denver has yet to find away to give these guys opportunities to allow them to contribute in the second half of the season. By the way, I think Moreno would be a much better RB if he had a lead blocking FB to run behind. But getting back to the offense, McDaniels must now open up the playbook and allow Orton to take shots down the field and take risks.

Even if some of those shots down the field ends in an interception(s)......at least teams will have to respect the possibilities that Denver is bold enough to take shots at the end zone. Kyle needs to have confidence in his arm and believe he can throw the deep ball and not worry about being perfect and over analyzing his reads and let his natural instincts as a 5 year NFL veteran QB.

Lastly, some fans have advocated using more ZBS and I agree as well. I also want to see maximum protection for Kyle as in allowing the FB and TB to in the back field and provide extra blocking for Orton to throw the ball. This would require using the I-formation more often.

In my humble opinion this is how the offense gets turned around.

Popps
11-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Imagine if we would have had Cutler Monday night...

LOL

Boltjolt
11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Cutler is awesome. Another RZ INT tonight , then he throws another and just now almost got picked again. Quit whining about Orton. Cutler is not a clutch QB. He is a puss and horrible in the RZ.

TonyR
11-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Cutler is not a clutch QB. He is a puss and horrible in the RZ.

Yup. All the fanboys get caught up in the tangibles while completely overlooking the intangibles.

LRtagger
11-12-2009, 08:31 PM
thread fail

baja
11-12-2009, 08:36 PM
may this thread never die...

Popps
11-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Did you see that rocket arm on INT #4?

Now he's yelling at his teammates.

Missouribronc
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM

So priceless.

theAPAOps5
11-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Just going to say it. What a horrid thread this one is! 5 INT's another Red Zone debacle and you tell me Cutler would have won Denver the game Monday night! :spit:

Popps
11-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Just going to say it. What a horrid thread this one is! 5 INT's another Red Zone debacle and you tell me Cutler would have won Denver the game Monday night! :spit:

But, did you see how he "had is team in a position to win" at the end?

theAPAOps5
11-12-2009, 09:28 PM

Too bad they got in the red zone! If they had stayed out they win the game!

misturanderson
11-12-2009, 09:28 PM

I know! Too bad he threw his 5th red zone pick of the year, and 5th of the game, all in one fell swoop. Otherwise he would have showed us what a great QB he is since the 4 previous picks don't matter if you're in a position to win at the end.

GreatBronco16
11-12-2009, 09:29 PM
ROFL, this was just asked on channel 665.

Is Jay Cutler just a taller Rex Grossman?

:rofl:

Soul-Bronco
11-12-2009, 09:31 PM
this is too beautiful! i was sitting on the couch saying throw the 5th pick throw the 5th pick and he did!!!!! :spit:

OBF1
11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I just love this thread and the great insite that it took to make such a turd of a thread. Rep to BPC for the laughs

OBF1
11-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Flame away.

Ugh.

Are we talking about the same jay cutler???

Boltjolt
11-12-2009, 10:13 PM

:rofl:

Meck77
11-14-2009, 10:06 AM

Orton is a Griese clone.

Considering you were such a homer for Griese then I'd consider that a compliment for orton...lol
So Taco if Orton is a griese clone then who would you compare Cutler to?