PDA

View Full Version : 10 offensive points in 2 games...

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
fyi. dont care how good the defenses we played are, if you have as many offensive weapons as we have, theres a big problem somewhere.

snowspot66
11-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah, we can't ****ing run the ball. Guess we forgot how to block for a RB.

The Joker
11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
The O-Line has been very poor, particularly on the interior.

Orton has had two very bad displays on top of that.

Washington game now becomes massive, if we lose that I'll join in the meltdown.

Until then, not gonna head for the bridge quite yet. Division is still there to be won for us,

NFLBRONCO
11-09-2009, 08:24 PM
No running game dink passes scared QB means no chance of winning.

55CrushEm
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I'm officially concerned now............5 pts per game over the last 2 is horrific......especially considering the weapons we have......just horrid.

Color me pissed.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
where's the orton fan boi bigrade?

ro_50
Hamilton has regressed and Orton look flustered tonight.

He is a system quarterback and when the system's not working, he can't make plays to ride the ship.

This offense has been just average all season and its alarming with the season halfway done.

The Chargers victory was great but remember, Royal had two punt returns for touchdowns in that game.

The offense played well that game but this offense doesn't strike fear in the hearts of opposing defenses.

snowspot66
We need a new LG and Center. This is horse****. I'm sick of the pathetic run blocking.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Oh wait, I thought I overreacted when I pointed out how bad the O was last week?

And the Cowboys had more fans there than the Steelers did tonight.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 08:34 PM
orton, minus 1 game, has sucked all year.

people that generally throw out terms such as "system qb" or "game manager" really have no idea wtf they are talking about. neither of those things are a bad term, but idiots use them a lot when the term they are looking for is "not an nfl qb".

joe montana was the greatest "game manager" of all time. and love him or hate him, his 4 SB rings laugh all the way to the bank.

orton never was nor never will be in the same league as the best game managers and system qb's of all time.

again, some of us already knew this and it is the underlying reason for the hate and discontent with the Cutler fiasco.

bpc
11-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Guess where we are? Back at square 1 looking for a QB. A Orton led team may make the playoffs... may win a game there.. (defense willing) but Orton will never win a championship.

Now we can draft another QB... develop them for a few years and when he throws a bunch of picks, some of you can run em' off and talk about how crappy he is in his 2nd year. LOL.

snowspot66
orton, minus 1 game, has sucked all year.

people that generally throw out terms such as "system qb" or "game manager" really have no idea wtf they are talking about. neither of those things are a bad term, but idiots use them a lot when the term they are looking for is "not an nfl qb".

joe montana was the greatest "game manager" of all time. and love him or hate him, his 4 SB rings laugh all the way to the bank.

orton never was nor never will be in the same league as the best game managers and system qb's of all time.

again, some of us already knew this and it is the underlying reason for the hate and discontent with the Cutler fiasco.

Oh because Cutler has gone out there and done so well for himself. ****ing idiot. Have you ever considered that even if Orton isn't around for many years we still got the better end of that deal just by getting rid of Cutler for such a big price?

This team wouldn't be going anywhere with ****ing Manning or Brady at the helm. We can't run block for **** right now. Until that gets fixed not one ****ing QB in the history of the game would do anything in the playoffs.

TheReverend
The playcalling is stupid.

People are playing underneath... you can cut off the underneath passes and stuff the run, if you don't go deep and shake it up a bit.

And we haven't gone deep. To a fault. To a HUGE fault.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh because Cutler has gone out there and done so well for himself. ****ing idiot. Have you ever considered that even if Orton isn't around for many years we still got the better end of that deal just by getting rid of Cutler for such a big price?

This team wouldn't be going anywhere with ****ing Manning or Brady at the helm. We can't run block for **** right now. Until that gets fixed not one ****ing QB in the history of the game would do anything in the playoffs.

lol

go ahead and rage logout of the mane for the night. you're just embarrassing yourself.

long beach bronco
11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Orrin can't or won't throw downfield, he's done. 3 picks. The sorry QB play will kill this team, sad to say

snowspot66
11-09-2009, 08:47 PM
lol

go ahead and rage logout of the mane for the night. you're just embarrassing yourself.

The only one embarassing themselves is the people saying Cutler would have done this and Cutler would have done that.

You are one of those people. Cutler has proven he can't do **** without a supporting cast. He can't do **** with one either. The offense we have now is just as effective as it was when he was here and he got even better blocking than Orton has gotten. So please, go on again and tell me how great this team would be with the whiny bitch at the helm.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 08:50 PM
We need a new LG and Center. This is horse****. I'm sick of the pathetic run blocking.

In all fairness were trying to power block (steelers) with a line built for zone blocking.

Defenses have been sitting on routes every pattern is a 3 step dump off. No vertical threat past 7yds is killing the running game to. Safties can just cheat up.

You have to at least make a defense respect the deep pass .... we can't or just havent been doing that. To this point it has been RAC that has really helped us ..... now D's are sitting on hot routes and flying to the ball.

Octavias
11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
In all fairness were trying to power block (steelers) with a line built for zone blocking.

Defenses have been sitting on routes every pattern is a 3 step dump off. No vertical threat past 7yds is killing the running game to. Safties can just cheat up.

You have to at least make a defense respect the deep pass .... we can't or just havent been doing that. To this point it has been RAC that has really helped us ..... now D's are sitting on hot routes and flying to the ball.

Kind of ironic because the steelers team Zone blocks with a line built for power drive blocking. It took three years for it to even come close to working, but somehow they got those bruisers to comply...

Broncos4tw
11-09-2009, 09:47 PM
The playcalling isn't stupid, it's limited. You have a QB that:

1. Cannot scramble.
2. Cannot sense blindside pressure, ever.
3. Cannot stretch the field.
4. Cannot drop back effectively, so more than half our plays are in the shotgun.
5. Cannot handle pressure. He FINALLY had ONE play tonight where he stood in there and took the hit, and delivered the ball on target. He should be doing this consistantly, not once in a blue moon.

When you have a QB with limitations (ala Plummer.. ala Griese, etc.), you have to really tweak your playbook. It becomes much more limited. And defenses are not stupid, they know this. They played to stuff the run, forcing Orton to beat them. Yea.. that wasn't going to happen.

80smith
11-09-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm glad this thread was started. With out the fumble recovery for a TD, it would be 3 to 28. That is an ass kicking to me......

55CrushEm
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm glad this thread was started. With out the fumble recovery for a TD, it would be 3 to 28. That is an ass kicking to me......

Or you could look at it this way..........without the pick 6 and the garbage time TD....it would have been 14-10.....not bad considering how awful our offense was.

With 7 minutes to go in the game.....it was still 14-10.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 09:53 PM
The only one embarassing themselves is the people saying Cutler would have done this and Cutler would have done that.

You are one of those people. Cutler has proven he can't do **** without a supporting cast. He can't do **** with one either. The offense we have now is just as effective as it was when he was here and he got even better blocking than Orton has gotten. So please, go on again and tell me how great this team would be with the whiny b**** at the helm.

omg did you just say the offense this year is as good as the offense last year? REALLY??? too easy bro, too ****ing easy.

and lets run joe montana out of the hall of fame because he played with craig, jones, taylor and rice.

moron.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Kind of ironic because the steelers team Zone blocks with a line built for power drive blocking. It took three years for it to even come close to working, but somehow they got those bruisers to comply...

Yeah ..... that's big guys learning to move better .... you can always get better at a play .... you can't get bigger at plays.

BroncoSojia
11-09-2009, 09:54 PM

Next up: Albert Haynesworth :(

Broncos4tw
11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Why do people keep bringing up Cutler? He doesn't play for the Broncos now. Forget him. He has nothing to do with our current issues.

Sir Mawn
11-09-2009, 09:58 PM
The playcalling isn't stupid, it's limited. You have a QB that:

1. Cannot scramble.
2. Cannot sense blindside pressure, ever.
3. Cannot stretch the field.
4. Cannot drop back effectively, so more than half our plays are in the shotgun.
5. Cannot handle pressure. He FINALLY had ONE play tonight where he stood in there and took the hit, and delivered the ball on target. He should be doing this consistantly, not once in a blue moon.

When you have a QB with limitations (ala Plummer.. ala Griese, etc.), you have to really tweak your playbook. It becomes much more limited. And defenses are not stupid, they know this. They played to stuff the run, forcing Orton to beat them. Yea.. that wasn't going to happen.

It's exactly this what really kills me... McDaniels and his arrogance that he can get it done with any QB because his system is perfect. The Nolan appointment was brilliant. And his unit's been carrying the team all year long.

Remember Kannell's game against the Patriots on monday night? A clear example of how to game plan and play call with a VERY limited QB.

NFLBRONCO
11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I still think Denver's biggest issue on O right now is ATTITUDE. I think we all know the longterm issues we have that can't be fixed right now. Why can't the O show some fire and passion energy like D does they sleepwalk.

Bronco Yoda
I'd like to have a double zbs with plenty of Hillis.... and a few go routes on the side please.....

Ambiguous

Yeah me too!

Mcdaniels views his success as a direct result of fickle threads started on an obscure bronco fan website... He's totally feeling the pressure now.

We are going to either win out at this point, or the guy is going to get fired. I mean seriously, can Bowlen handle another critical thread? I think not.

80smith
11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Or you could look at it this way..........without the pick 6 and the garbage time TD....it would have been 14-10.....not bad considering how awful our offense was.

With 7 minutes to go in the game.....it was still 14-10.

That is why I'm not bashing the D.....

All in all, Denver is 6 and 2. Its a really tough schedule that has been successful.. I just want Denver to learn from there mistakes and get better. Not getting an offensive TD at all worries me(to put it lightly).

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 10:03 PM
It's still hard to knock McD at this point as we are 6-2. Scoring 9 pts in two weeks coming off the bye and letting SD back into the race SCREAMS for a shakeup on offense ..... gameplan ... players.... whatever.

What's with that punter ...... that dude strait blew.

80smith
11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
yeah me too!

Mcdaniels views his success as a direct result of fickle threads started on an obscure bronco fan website... He's totally feeling the pressure now.

We are going to either win out at this point, or the guy is going to get fired. I mean seriously, can bowlen handle another critical thread? I think not.

rofl!

I'm glad you read between the lines. That is what I totally ment.......

O, by the way....... This is sarcasum!!!!!!!!!!

Merlin
11-09-2009, 10:39 PM
The past couple of games brought back memories of Gregg Williams and Buffalo. When he became their HC he told the fans that he was going to transform the D and they would be a sacking machine. Long story short, the D that yr stank, it improved the next yr when brought in a consultant (the present DC for the Steelers). McD came in talking big about scoring pts and how mediocre was the team's offense the previous yr, and basically he didn't need a talented QB. Well, with only a couple of exceptions the team's O has looked mediocre at best, and pathetic in the last couple of games. Perhaps this is the football gods way of telling HC's to STFU until they do something.

The team's wins arguably have more to do with Nolan's work than McD's. Again, similar to Buffalo in the subsequent yr.

bpc
11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I still think Denver's biggest issue on O right now is ATTITUDE. I think we all know the longterm issues we have that can't be fixed right now. Why can't the O show some fire and passion energy like D does they sleepwalk.

I think the problem is they have no identity along with attitude. It's okay to run a lot of formations but the $hit hits the fan, what's our bread and butter? In NE they hand the ball to Tom. Pittsburgh is the same but they love to slam the rock at you.

McDaniels error is that we don't know where to go when we need something to go our way in big games. Is Marshall that guy, is Moreno that guy, Royal, Scheffler?

This team needs to find a identity if we're going to win the AFC West and do something in the playoffs.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-09-2009, 10:47 PM

I am not so sure we dont need a new RG too. Would prefer just a little more beef than the 302lb Kuper claims. Dont get me wrong, ... would certainly replace Hamilton yesterday if I could and Wiegmann has seen better days. At least Kuper is still fairly young.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 10:50 PM
If Orton could even kind of throw without a perfect pocket or on the run every now and then that Oline may not look so bad. Not saying Orton is the whole problem but if that pocket is not flawless dude looks flustered easily.

snowspot66
11-09-2009, 10:57 PM
I am not so sure we dont need a new RG too. Would prefer just a little more beef than the 302lb Kuper claims. Dont get me wrong, ... would certainly replace Hamilton yesterday if I could and Wiegmann has seen better days. At least Kuper is still fairly young.

Kuper is a solid young lineman playing very well for us. But the left is just horrible for us. Our worst side to run on is the left side. That should not happen with Clady over there.

watermock
11-09-2009, 11:02 PM

Actually we got a pick late too, it could of been 35-3.

The defense played well enough to win.

The offense was like a chicken with it's head cut off

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Kuper is a solid young lineman playing very well for us. But the left is just horrible for us. Our worst side to run on is the left side. That should not happen with Clady over there.

what do you base this on, other than the oman hype machine for player evaluation? Hilarious!

Jekyll15Hyde
11-09-2009, 11:10 PM

Kuper hasnt really impressed me to be honest. He is supposed to be pretty good but I see getting it handed to him quite a bit, but not nearly as much as Hamilton is (read: every play)

lazarus4444
11-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Our biggest, most glaring issue right now is interior O-line. It is impossible to evaluate Orton if he's getting pressured all the time. We need to work on our depth as well because polumbus was getting blown up off the line of scrimmage and literally taken off his feet and pushed back. Ben Hamilton is having an awful year and i doubt he'll be a bronco after this season.

watermock
11-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Our OL was designed to be not only a ZBS but a moving pocket.

Going back to Elway...

And people wonder why the line is ****ed up>?

Bronco Yoda
11-10-2009, 02:51 AM
This is true. I don't think any of us thought we'd abandon the ZBS completely. The O-line is still somewhat solid. It's just not designed to do what we're asking it to do.

watermock
11-10-2009, 03:02 AM
Tjere is alot of confusion on the line.

They WANT to ZBS, and are told to do man to man.

It's obvious except to only the ignorant.

WolfpackGuy
11-10-2009, 04:02 AM
Teams are putting the game in Orton's hands.

And he's not delivering. AT ALL.

This is the Brian Griese error all over again.

Good thing WAS, OAK, and KC (twice) are still left on the schedule.

watermock
11-10-2009, 04:12 AM
This is Mcd's first real test.

Broncoman13
11-10-2009, 05:19 AM
I agree this isn't so much on Orton as it is the play calling. If McD doesn't have confidence in Orton to even ATTEMPT to throw the ball down field, they better not even think of giving him a long term contract.

The reason that the Chargers can always come back is b/c they will throw the ball down field. Their OL isn't any better than ours and Jackson and Marshall are very similar receivers. The only difference is Norv Turner, for all of his downside, isn't afraid in his playcalling. McD needs to get more aggressive... bottom line.

go_broncos
11-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Mcd plays scared..He thinks throwing short pases wins games..
But, if we are down couple of TD by half..then it becomes difficult to overcome.

He needs to be aggressive in his playcalling and trust his QB.

Broncoman13
11-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Mcd plays scared..He thinks throwing short pases wins games..
But, if we are down couple of TD by half..then it becomes difficult to overcome.

He needs to be aggressive in his playcalling and trust his QB.

I thought he was very conservative even scared with his playcalling last night as well. I think you have to throw the ball deep, even if you don't connect. If Brandon Marshall has shown Kyle Orton anything, it is that he will go up and contend for the ball and protect him if he can't make the play. There is no reason not to be confident in BMarsh down field.

watermock
11-10-2009, 05:40 AM
"Shutup,Beavis..."

http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/Ec&Ev_Distance_learning/fighting.jpg

jhns
11-10-2009, 08:12 AM
fyi. dont care how good the defenses we played are, if you have as many offensive weapons as we have, theres a big problem somewhere.

This isn't a new problem. We have had trouble scoring on offense since week 1. We have not been in the top half of the league in scoring yet this season. You want to know what makes that even worse? In that scoring total, we have already scored more non-offensive points than we did all of last season.

So, now that you see something negative in the team, isn't it about time for you to cry to yourself about how horrible of a fan you are? I have gotten it from you all season and for pointing out this exact problem.... In fact, this is the only problem I have said is a problem since the season started. I do not get the love for Orton here. To many can't think straight because a player, coach, or other poster hurt their feelings. Orton needs to start showing he is getting better or we need to bring in competition this offseason. This team would be unstoppable with better QB play and with some work on the interior o-line.

Anyways, we will still most likely make the playoffs with the defense. They still had good games the past two weeks but the offense and special teams have made them look bad by putting them in bad positions(giving up points, very short field). I doubt that happens as much against lesser teams. We played two very good defenses. We really need to figure something out on offense before the playoffs though. We won't make it far if we don't.

watermock
11-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Shut up and be happy.

oubronco
11-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I thought McGenius was the best offensive mind in the game?

so whats up with all the damn bubble screens