PDA

View Full Version : DJ Williams

dsmoot
11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I know I saw him tonight. I just can't remember where.

Popps
11-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Horrible game. Just awful. Those two long runs at the end are on him. The 2nd and 18 run was solely his fault. Typical DJ. A few flashy plays and a bunch of being out of position.

Don Flamenco
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Ian Gold at least excelled on special teams

TonyR
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Lots of bad games. Doom did nothing again. Champ got beat multiple times. Dawkins was exposed on that TD.

Popps
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Anyone who thinks this guy is a "Pro Bowl" player just isn't paying attention.

He's fine when he guesses right, but when he doesn't... he's useless... and he guesses wrong on a regular basis.

He's a chaser and a guesser.

He's far from the biggest problem, but he was just horrid in the 2nd half.

Popps
11-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Lots of bad games. Doom did nothing again. Champ got beat multiple times. Dawkins was exposed on that TD.

Yea, but Dawkins can't run with a top WR for that long. That's just Ben R. making a great play.

TheReverend
11-09-2009, 08:29 PM

Everyone in the secondary got beat like a ****ing drum tonight.

In fact, I'd say the ONLY defensive player who showed up for the entire game was Wesley.

dsmoot
11-09-2009, 08:30 PM

He's fine when he guesses right, but when he doesn't... he's useless... and he guesses wrong on a regular basis.

The thing I noticed tonight was his inability to get off the blocks. Consistently tied up while the play went by him.

bpc
11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Hard to blame this on the defense when the offense and special teams choked ESPECIALLY bad.

SoCalBronco
11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Haha....I knew certain people would take pleasure in seeing DJ miss a few plays.

BTW.....I know it pained people to see this but he had a sack in this game. He did get wrapped up with the linemen a few times tonight and couldn't get off the blocks as well as in other games, but not much moreso than any of the other LB's in this game.

It amuses me to no end to see how people LOVE to bag him despite how productive he is. It's almost as if they can't take that this guy rattles off several very good games in a row. They LITERALLY cannot take it and will waste no time in seizing any oppurtunity when it arises.

It's great comedy and very amusing.

misturanderson
11-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Hard for Doom to do something when he's only on the field on 3rd and he gets held every time with no calls going our way.

TheReverend
Hard to blame this on the defense when the offense and special teams choked ESPECIALLY bad.

Very true. 3 points offensively isn't a winning formula. Our offense looks like the Cleveland Browns the past 2 weeks.

Popps

Very true. It's just disappointing to see a guy who's been in the league as long as he has just have no idea how to read and diagnose a basic running play on 2nd and 18 with the game on the line.

Our defense played respectably, imo. But, Williams had the kind of game that just makes you want to kick your TV in. You just see the guy biting on every fake, and getting engaged with blockers for no reason whatsoever.

That 2nd and 18 was just awful.

dsmoot
11-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Haha....I knew certain people would take pleasure in seeing DJ miss a few plays.

BTW.....I know it pained people to see this but he had a sack in this game. He did get wrapped up with the linemen a few times tonight and couldn't get off the blocks as well as in other games, but not much moreso than any of the other LB's in this game.

It amuses me to no end to see how people LOVE to bag him despite how productive he is. It's almost as if they can't take that this guy rattles off several very good games in a row. They LITERALLY cannot take it.

My starting this thread had nothing to do with some need to BAG him. It is just something I noticed time after time tonight. Nothing would please me than to see him around the ball ala Al Wilson. I would agree that the LB's were lacking tonight. I guess we could talk about how Ben Hamilton was rag dolled tonight.

s0phr0syne
12-14-2009, 09:59 AM

LOLLOL

DJ was a monster against the Colts.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-14-2009, 10:10 AM
LOLLOL

DJ was a monster against the Colts.

He was, and that personal foul against him was pure dog ****.

He played like a man possessed after that call.

BlaK-Argentina
12-14-2009, 10:52 AM
He was, and that personal foul against him was pure dog ****.

He played like a man possessed after that call.

I never thought he had that kind of mean drive in him. It was great to see. Dawkins has definitely had an impact in the way DJ is playing the game.

WolfpackGuy
12-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Addai has to be moving a little slow after some of those shots Williams gave him yesterday.

Inkana7
12-14-2009, 11:15 AM
DJ played well in coverage during our 2nd half defensive dominance.

supermanhr9
12-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I thought DJ was all over the place? And the comment about Wesley being the only guy that played well? He went for a flashy play instead of tackling Dallas Clark which then left Dallas a walk into the end zone, whereas if he was smart and just tackled him it would have been 4th and 2 and just 3 points. Just sayin.

Inkana7
12-14-2009, 11:18 AM

In fact, I'd say the ONLY defensive player who showed up for the entire game was Wesley.

Are you kidding me? Woodyard sucked yesterday.

MplsBronco
12-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Uh, he said that on 11/10.

BABronco
12-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Umm, good thing he wasn't talking about yesterday then eh slick.

TheReverend
12-14-2009, 11:24 AM

Facepalm.jpg

supermanhr9
12-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Sh*#,, I gotta fess up then I wasn't paying attention either to the date of his comment.

BABronco
12-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Sh*#,, I gotta fess up then I wasn't paying attention either to the date of his comment.

It took me a minute too.

I mean I know Popps hates DJ... But here I am thinking how the hell could this guy be getting hated on after yesterday. Then the next post about Ben made me check the date.

Cito Pelon
12-14-2009, 12:08 PM

It amuses me to no end to see how people LOVE to bag him despite how productive he is. It's almost as if they can't take that this guy rattles off several very good games in a row. They LITERALLY cannot take it and will waste no time in seizing any oppurtunity when it arises.

DJ to be an elite has to make plays defensing the passing game.

tsiguy96
12-14-2009, 12:15 PM
no one ever denies his productiveness, but he has never been and probably never will be a game changing LB. just want him to make more big time plays then he does.

Bigdawg26
12-14-2009, 12:18 PM
So many ppl bag DJ so bad where he has 97 tackles and 3.5 sacks.. I mean he's gotta be doing something right!!

Bronco LB52
12-14-2009, 12:19 PM
I loved when D.J. clubbed Addai on the side of the head. That's an old school hit that I would like to see more of in today's NFL.

tsiguy96
12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
So many ppl bag DJ so bad where he has 97 tackles and 3.5 sacks.. I mean he's gotta be doing something right!!

agreed, just people want him to take his game to the next level. hes good, we want to see some flashes of greatness.

broncosteven
12-14-2009, 01:09 PM

Didn't Woodyard get beat by Clark on the wheel route for his 1st TD? He took the bait and let Clark take him out of position giving manning a small window to throw to.

fontaine
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
DJ to be an elite has to make plays defensing the passing game.

He did. He just got his finger tips to a pass deep up the seam in the 2nd half that would have been a 20-25 yard completion covering a WR. That was the play where he kept on running, pulling off his helmet straps and went straight to the bench on the sidelines because it was a 3rd down pass he defended. There was another play where he knocked the ball away.

DJ and Goodman, both had tremendous games in pass coverage, not to mention champ that completely and utterly shut down Reggie Wayne.

broncosteven
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
I loved when D.J. clubbed Addai on the side of the head. That's an old school hit that I would like to see more of in today's NFL.

I thought he changed the attitude of the D with those 2 big hits after they were down 14 before they got their 1st first down.

I still think the Dline was the weakest link yesterday. Maybe 3 or 4 pressures all day?

fontaine
12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
I thought he changed the attitude of the D with those 2 big hits after they were down 14 before they got their 1st first down.

I still think the Dline was the weakest link yesterday. Maybe 3 or 4 pressures all day?

No the DL played fine. They held up the running game. It was the LBers that couldn't get to Manning and when they did Peyton just threw the ball away too quickly. There were only a handful of plays where Manning held onto the ball for longer than a couple of seconds, the rest were just plays were he released the ball as soon as he finished his 5 step drop which isn't going to give any defender time to get to him.

broncosteven
12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
No the DL played fine. They held up the running game. It was the LBers that couldn't get to Manning and when they did Peyton just threw the ball away too quickly. There were only a handful of plays where Manning held onto the ball for longer than a couple of seconds, the rest were just plays were he released the ball as soon as he finished his 5 step drop which isn't going to give any defender time to get to him.

Good point but Indy ran like twice on the 1st drive and not a lot on the next 2. Later in the game when they were up 21 and trying to kill clock yes but in passing situations the good 3-4 teams get pressure from the front 3.

WolfpackGuy
12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
It's hard to get to Manning unless you get a push up the middle.

Currently, the Broncos don't have anybody that can do that on the DL.

bowtown
12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Didn't Woodyard get beat by Clark on the wheel route for his 1st TD? He took the bait and let Clark take him out of position giving manning a small window to throw to.

Yeah and what's even stupider is the Rev posting about his performance in the Indy game all the way back at the beginning of November. Come on Rev! Step it up!

Cito Pelon
12-14-2009, 01:28 PM

DJ has to make plays defensing the passing game. INT's, deflections at least.

Cito Pelon
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
He did. He just got his finger tips to a pass deep up the seam in the 2nd half that would have been a 20-25 yard completion covering a WR. That was the play where he kept on running, pulling off his helmet straps and went straight to the bench on the sidelines because it was a 3rd down pass he defended. There was another play where he knocked the ball away.

DJ and Goodman, both had tremendous games in pass coverage, not to mention champ that completely and utterly shut down Reggie Wayne.

I don't want to be a dick, but DJ hasn't made enough plays in pass defense to be considered an elite LB.

Cito Pelon
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Good point but Indy ran like twice on the 1st drive and not a lot on the next 2. Later in the game when they were up 21 and trying to kill clock yes but in passing situations the good 3-4 teams get pressure from the front 3.

Peyton was on again. That guy is unbelievable most times. I really believe he's the best qb ever in the NFL.

Inkana7
12-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Facepalm.jpg

And Inkana looks like a tool again.

broncosteven
12-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah and what's even stupider is the Rev posting about his performance in the Indy game all the way back at the beginning of November. Come on Rev! Step it up!

My EPIC FAIL

Popps
12-14-2009, 03:01 PM
It took me a minute too.

I mean I know Popps hates DJ... But here I am thinking how the hell could this guy be getting hated on after yesterday. Then the next post about Ben made me check the date.

C'mon, I don't "hate" anyone, much less any Broncos. I wouldn't even have used that word with Engelberger.

I've made my views on Williams expressly clear and concise. Look it up if you're confused. I think he's a physically talented guy who excels at chasing down runners, playing sideline to sideline and generally tackles very well in the open field.

However, his instincts are average, at best. He's not remotely a middle LB. (Despite playing one on TV.) He's easily blocked and has big trouble fighting his way through traffic.

We've had this discussion a million times. He is what he is. Great at some things, not so good at others. He'll have games where looks great.... and games where he's guessing wrong, and giving up big runs.

He covers well. He runs well. He tackles well in the open field. Hence, he's a guy who's going to make plays. He's just got holes in his game, and sometimes those holes are costly.

Again, that's not remotely "hating" him. It's just a simple observation.

Popps
12-14-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't want to be a dick, but DJ hasn't made enough plays in pass defense to be considered an elite LB.

He's nothing resembling elite. Not even close.

That's where people get into trouble around here.

He's fine. He's a nice athlete. He's not remotely elite.

watermock
12-14-2009, 04:15 PM
"People" don't get in "trouble" over opinion on players. Players do that on their own.

Maybe if he hadn't been moved around like a pawn for 6 years or stayed at WOLB for awile he might have.

This is more a personal issue beyond anyone here between u ansd SoCal. Whatever, this is an mediocre team in a worse division that started fast then faded.

We played mistake free the first 6 games and got some great plays.

Popps
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
This is more a personal issue beyond anyone here between u ansd SoCal. Whatever .

Not remotely.

In fact, SoCal was absolutely one of my favorite posters on the board before his freakout. You couldn't find many with better overall football takes. Of course, that's changed... bet he seems to be returning to normalcy.

So, my well-discussed opinion of DJ goes way back to a time when SoCal was one of my favorite posters, and we hadn't had the slightest disagreement.

So, as usual, Mock... you can't really keep up with things and yet attempt to come off as smarter than everyone else. As I've said before, maybe the "smarter than everyone" routine isn't the best one for you to be running unti you can figure out what's going on.

Whatever, this is an mediocre team in a worse division that started fast then faded. .

I'm not sure what that means, other than some sort of typical, blanket statement about your disdain for the team.

Bash away, Mock. Most of us are enjoying the season.

bpc
12-14-2009, 04:58 PM
It's hard to completely tear on DJ. He's a solid player. Not great, not terrible. The thing that I always notice about him is he's usually playing on par with our defense. When we look great, he's flying around. When he looks terrible, we're usually getting our ass kicked.

His play mirrors his teammates.

watermock
12-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Popps:

I'll let SoCal determine that not me, all I saw were the threads.

I've never posted my IQ, nor have I said anyone is stupid, other than in the context of texting something stupid.

As far as "keeping up with things" have you finally mastered the monkey bars?

Mediocre team? What an obvious bait. We just saw Indy dismantle us in 1 quarter, and you think it came down to 3rd and short.

That game was won in the first 15 mins.

As far as distain for the team? Your disdain for Marshall before he ever went to trial and the extortion plot, you never apologized, and your love for Hillis, before he ws put on the ingnore list last week was funny, not stupid, just ignorant.

Our star RB has sand in his shoes and Buck was typically injured, and McDummy says, "We needed Hillis for our FB".

Well well, despite being let back in the game by ANOTHER PLAYER YOU HATED, BM and Orton brought the Broncos back.

Now maybe if he would of gotten his cock out of his own mouth, we might of run a sweep and tied the game.

Yes, your mentally challenged.

Popps
12-14-2009, 05:08 PM
As far as distain for the team? Your disdain for Marshall before he ever went to trial and the extortion plot, you never apologized

First off, my allegiance is to the team over any individual player unless that player has been clearly mistreated.

Second, why would anyone have to "apologize" to Marshall... because he caught footballs yesterday? I have to apologize to him for him having years of legal troubles... simply because he showed up to work and did his job?

Sorry, I guess I'm too rooted in the real world... where people don't get a free pass for life because they have a good day on the job.

Marshall WAS an idiot. He's been suspended more than once. He's been in legal trouble many times.

He's since seemed to grow up some, and for that I commend him and hope it continues. But, he doesn't get an "apology" for behaving like a human being and doing his ****ing job.

vancejohnson82
12-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Mock,

you are wrong....that game was one where our team was blown out of the box in the first 15 minutes and then we took an undefeated team to the ropes and had them reeling

dont be a hater

watermock
12-14-2009, 05:27 PM
On the ropes, huh, did we ever have a lead?

I don't hate anything in sports.

You have a team on the ropes with a 10 point lead with 3 minutes left and the ball.

watermock
12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
First off, my allegiance is to the team over any individual player unless that player has been clearly mistreated.

Second, why would anyone have to "apologize" to Marshall... because he caught footballs yesterday? I have to apologize to him for him having years of legal troubles... simply because he showed up to work and did his job?

Sorry, I guess I'm too rooted in the real world... where people don't get a free pass for life because they have a good day on the job.

Marshall WAS an idiot. He's been suspended more than once. He's been in legal trouble many times.

He's since seemed to grow up some, and for that I commend him and hope it continues. But, he doesn't get an "apology" for behaving like a human being and doing his ****ing job.

Meh. I never asked or demanded you to apologize to Marshall, that's crap. And no, he was suspended 1 game, never convicted, he did get a suspension for driving while impaired.

Why would he demand an apology from you of all people? And how did he get a free pass?

He went to court and reolved the issues. He's not even under probation.

Popps
12-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Meh. I never asked or demanded you to apologize to Marshall, that's crap. And no, he was suspended 1 game, never convicted, he did get a suspension for driving while impaired.

Why would he demand an apology from you of all people? And how did he get a free pass?

He went to court and reolved the issues. He's not even under probation.

Why do you care? You hate his team. You bash the team he plays for day and night, and call them ****.

Why would you care what anyone thinks of Marshall?

steeledude
12-14-2009, 06:10 PM
So, my well-discussed opinion of DJ goes way back to a time when SoCal was one of my favorite posters, and we hadn't had the slightest disagreement.

Your opinions on DJ and Marshall make me question everything you say.

And if yesterday for Marshall was showing up at work and "doing your job" then everyone in this whole world are falling horribly short of "doing their job".

Marshall exceeds all expectations on the field every year, and yet you can't get over your dislike of him. Good enough, but Marshall will always be elite. No matter where he goes he will be a positive contribution to the game. And for people to say he is a thug, when I've seen the wonderful things he's done for our community (for example, my son is a frequent visitor of Children's Hospital in Denver and you see contributions all over) I can't believe people like you derail him.

watermock
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Why do you care? You hate his team. You bash the team he plays for day and night, and call them ****.

Why would you care what anyone thinks of Marshall?

No, I say they played like **** when they do.

Why do I care about Marshall? First he's a hell of a player, and is still growing up.

I don't know all about his personal life, look at Tiger Woods.

Maybe Tiger just ****ed them with no emotional involvement. To me, that is even more absurd,. But maybe we just have different standards, after all, you're the FAMILY MAN.

~Crash~
12-14-2009, 08:43 PM

Mister ass tackler!!!!!!! I wish we would rid our self of him.

Popps
12-14-2009, 10:25 PM
I can't believe people like you derail him.

He derailed himself. He seems to be back on track for the moment, for which I commend him.

As for him doing his job, that's correct. He's paid to catch footballs. He did an exceptional job of that yesterday. On the season, he's been great. He's not the most productive receiver in the league, but he's playing extremely well.

I hope he stays out of trouble. I hope he doesn't return to domestic violence issues, off-field troubles or troubles with the team. He seems to be doing well.

Ask Brandon Marshall if a guy on a message board can "derail" him. He'll tell you the truth... if he's smart. Only HE can derail himself. He's made man mistakes that aren't erased by a good football game.

Time erases these things, and I'm willing to give him credit for keeping his nose clean since his latest suspension. I hope it continues.

Outside of that, I'm not sure what the story is.

As for DJ, I've made myself clear on my stance. I don't hate the guy, he's just got limitations. I'm not wild about him in the middle. That's where I land on the issue.

fontaine
12-15-2009, 06:28 AM
As for DJ, I've made myself clear on my stance. I don't hate the guy, he's just got limitations. I'm not wild about him in the middle. That's where I land on the issue.

So what limitations does he have?