PDA

View Full Version : Did we even attempt one pass over 20-25 yards tonight?

alchemize
11-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I don't recall seeing one...yet
6 minutes left in 4th.

mr007
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
6 minutes left in 4th.

Nope, quite stellar play calling actually....

iforgotmypassword
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
offense is getting very very ****ty, need to take some shots, mix it up

spdirty
11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
So you like our qb throwing more picks eh? See, in order to throw deep, the receivers need time to run 20+ yards, and when your offensive line is getting eaten alive and your running back cant pick jack shlt up, if you throw it 20+ yards downfield its either going to drop harmlessly to the turf or into the waiting arms of a safety.

spdirty
11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Jay Cutler/Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Drew Brees wouldnt be able to throw it 20 yards downfield with that kind of protection and abslutely no running game.

bfoflcommish
11-09-2009, 08:19 PM
stop with the logic spdirty, the debbies need to have thier time

strafen
11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
6 minutes left in 4th.

I don't recall seeing one all freakin' season, do you?!

400HZ
11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Jay Cutler/Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Drew Brees wouldnt be able to throw it 20 yards downfield with that kind of protection and abslutely no running game.

http://espndeportes-akamai.espn.go.com/2003/photos2006/0911/a_PhilipRivers_vt.jpg

Pass protection and run games are crutches of the weak.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Not that it matters, but on the first drive of the game, he had a 20 yarder to Royal if i recall

spdirty
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
http://espndeportes-akamai.espn.go.com/2003/photos2006/0911/a_PhilipRivers_vt.jpg

Pass protection and run games are crutches of the weak.

and how did that cumrag's team do against Pitt and Baltimore? And Denver for that matter? Yeah, so stfu.

400HZ
11-09-2009, 09:04 PM
and how did that cumrag's team do against Pitt and Baltimore? And Denver for that matter? Yeah, so stfu.

Their offense did a hell of a lot better. That's for sure.

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
4 times we went over 12 ..... 2 were picked.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Their offense did a hell of a lot better. That's for sure.

Not that we should talk at the moment, but do you really feel all that confident as a charger fan?

400HZ
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Not that we should talk at the moment, but do you really feel all that confident as a charger fan?

A lot more than I did in October. :)

kamakazi_kal
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
serious .... LT is doing worse then our backs. Magicly Rivers can still throw it over 20yds....... I hate that douche.

boltaneer
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Rivers absolutely tore up Baltimore. He had a nice game against Denver and statistically he had a nice game against Pittsburgh as well though you could credit a portion of it to garbage time.

But enough about Rivers.

I wouldn't put it all on Orton. I think McDaniels knows Orton's limitations just like he did with Cassel and knows how to get the best of them even if that means a dink and dunk predictable offense.

Did you guys pay attention to New England last year at all? Cassel wasn't airing it out all over the place. He was the king of dink and dunk. He had a better running game and a good defense behind him.

Broncos4tw
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Orton is average, but a solid "system" QB. Unfortunately, if a defense dares him to beat them, we are screwed.

He can't scramble.
He never seems to sense pressure coming from his blind side, ever.
He folds under a rush. He had ONE pass tonight where he stood in there, took the hit, and delivered. He does this once a game, when he should be doing it on every drive.
He is weak unless he is in a shotgun, which really hampers our playcalling.

He is solid with short passes, and seems very smart, but smart doesn't make up for lack of ability. But even with his vaunted intelligence, why does he never call audibles.. like.. ever? If he sees a blitz, he'll point it out to one guy.. snap the ball, get rushed, and panic. Instead of say, changing it to a screen or something to take advantage of overly aggressive defensive play.

I said this at the start of the season, and I still believe it to be true: Orton will win plenty of regular season games for us as long as the system is running smoothly. However, once we play a defense that can shut down our running game, and can pressure him, we are screwed. He cannot carry the team on his shoulders and win a game. He isn't a franchise QB. We may well roll into the playoffs, but I'll be stunned if we are not one and done.

Beantown Bronco
11-09-2009, 09:32 PM
He had a nice game against Denver and statistically he had a nice game against Pittsburgh as well though you could credit a portion of it to garbage time.

garbage time + no Polamalu.

cabronco
11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes there was a 20 yarder...Wait , I take that back, that was a punt, my bad.