PDA

View Full Version : Dont look now but...

lex
11-09-2009, 09:20 AM
the Chargers have climbed back into contending for the division, especially if the Broncos dont win against the Steelers. Essentially, the lead would be down to 1 game and one game remaining against San Diego.

MplsBronco
11-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Wow, you are so observant.

NFLBRONCO
11-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Not surprised SD is way more explosive on O they are still class of division until we prove otherwise.

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Next two weeks are huge. They lay Philly coming off a loss at home and then at Denver.

We need to hold serve by beating Pitt tonight, winning at Washington and then defending the homefield against the Chuggers.

The bad part about all this is our schedule is much more difficult than theirs. They caught NYG struggling and we'll probably play them when they're on the rebound.

Beantown Bronco
11-09-2009, 09:28 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

theAPAOps5
11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
HOLY ****

What would we do without you Lex you are so valuable in your observations. I mean jesus it takes a real keen eye to see this!

</sarcasm>

lex
11-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Wow, you are so observant.

I know. Many were writing off the Chargers after we defeated them and many would have ahead of time seen that game yesterday as a loss for the Chargers.

crawdad
11-09-2009, 09:32 AM
The Giants are not the team that they are all hyped up to be. Their Oline was like a bucket with a huge hole in it.

lex
11-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Next two weeks are huge. They lay Philly coming off a loss at home and then at Denver.

We need to hold serve by beating Pitt tonight, winning at Washington and then defending the homefield against the Chuggers.

The bad part about all this is our schedule is much more difficult than theirs. They caught NYG struggling and we'll probably play them when they're on the rebound.

Yeah, but Denver still have 3 games against Oak/KC, while SD has one. Those arent gimmees but they seem more winnable than Pittsburgh/NYG.

lex
11-09-2009, 09:34 AM
HOLY ****

What would we do without you Lex you are so valuable in your observations. I mean jesus it takes a real keen eye to see this!

</sarcasm>

See post 7.

BTW, sarcasm is a crutch for the feeble.

theAPAOps5
11-09-2009, 09:35 AM
See post 7.

BTW, sarcasm is a crutch for the feeble.

You are an expert on being feeble. Can't argue that point!

lex
11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
You are an expert on being feeble. Can't argue that point!

LOL. You and your awesome zingers. Now, youre falling back to "I know you are but what am I" type replies. Its amusing that you actually think these are good comebacks.

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah, but Denver still have 3 games against Oak/KC, while SD has one. Those arent gimmees but they seem more winnable than Pittsburgh/NYG.

We thought that last year too. I trust that McDaniels will have them ready to play. That's the hope at least. They've been pretty focused sans Baltimore last week.

theAPAOps5
11-09-2009, 09:39 AM
LOL. You and your awesome zingers. Now, youre falling back to "I know you are but what am I" type replies. Its amusing that you actually think these are good comebacks.

Yet you continue to reply, proving you are weak minded. If they are trivial why can't you just read it and move on? Dance my little puppet, DANCE!

Rabb
11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I won't fall into the trap of the division talk this year, and neither should the Broncos. The only thing that matters is Pittsburgh right now, and then Washington and so on.

I can't handle the heart break again

Hercules Rockefeller
11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
the Chargers have climbed back into contending for the division, especially if the Broncos dont win against the Steelers. Essentially, the lead would be down to 1 game and one game remaining against San Diego.

Pitt has already beat the Chargers. Losing a "common" game tonight isn't as bad for Denver as it would be for San Diego if Denver pulls it out and flips the game.

Both have lost to Baltimore. Both have played their AFC East opponent. Both still have their game against the Skins and their AFC South opponent.

The only team with a winning record that San Diego has beaten is the Giants who, while they can still right the ship, are falling apart right now. 4 of Denver's 6 wins have come against teams with winning records, and the Broncos have beaten 3 6-2 teams. 3 of San Diego's wins have come against Oakland and KC. 1 of Denver's wins has come against that group.

Denver has played Cleveland, who San Diego still has them to play.

San Diego still has to come to Denver AND play the 6-2 Cowboys and Bengals, both of which Denver has already beat.

A Denver loss tonight is much more important to SD than it is to the Broncos. The critical game is in 2 weeks.

TonyR
11-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Don't look now, lex, but the Yankees beat the Phillies and the "idiots" at ESPN were right...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2623745#post2623745

lex
11-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Yet you continue to reply, proving you are weak minded. If they are trivial why can't you just read it and move on? Dance my little puppet, DANCE!

Now youre not even making sense. Maybe you should stick with sarcasm exclusively.

BigPlayShay
11-09-2009, 09:42 AM
The Chargers will lose at least 3 of the following:

Philly
Denver
Dallas
Cincy
Tennessee (yes, I said it)

Regardless what the Chargers do, the Broncos are no longer an insecure football team. It is about what the Broncos can or cannot do, not what the Chargers are doing. We now have a coach that truly lives by the "one game at a time" philosophy. They won't be watching the Chargers on TV before they take the field, they will be focused only on the team they are facing on the field.

theAPAOps5
Now youre not even making sense. Maybe you should stick with sarcasm exclusively.

:wave:

lex
Don't look now, lex, but the Yankees beat the Phillies and the "idiots" at ESPN were right...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2623745#post2623745

Im glad to see that comment cut deep. It should have.

Rohirrim
The Giants had that game in the bag yesterday and then Coughlin went brain dead. That was pathetic.

TonyR
11-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Im glad to see that comment cut deep. It should have.

Once again the fact that you were completely wrong escapes you. Your cloak of stupidity must be very comfortable.

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:46 AM
We are lucky we got the Dallas game out of the way early. That was nearly a loss and they are playing much better now that Miles Austin has kicked their passing game into overdrive. That will be a very tough matchup for SD.

lex
11-09-2009, 09:47 AM
The Chargers will lose at least 3 of the following:

Philly
Denver
Dallas
Cincy
Tennessee (yes, I said it)

Regardless what the Chargers do, the Broncos are no longer an insecure football team. It is about what the Broncos can or cannot do, not what the Chargers are doing. We now have a coach that truly lives by the "one game at a time" philosophy. They won't be watching the Chargers on TV before they take the field, they will be focused only on the team they are facing on the field.

Both teams have a lot of winnable but also loseable games left. As well has Denver has done so far, they have little margin for a drop off. A lot of our games have been very tight wins. If that kind of evens out, it could become nervous.

lex
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
We are lucky we got the Dallas game out of the way early. That was nearly a loss and they are playing much better now that Miles Austin has kicked their passing game into overdrive. That will be a very tough matchup for SD.

Yeah, but come on! Dallas hasnt lost since we played them. But neither has New England or San Diego. If it was just Dallas you might say Denver was lucky but with this in play for 3 teams, it becomes less "lucky".

lex
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Once again the fact that you were completely wrong escapes you. Your cloak of stupidity must be very comfortable.

Youre too stupid to realize that I wasnt using E!SPN as a basis for opinion and certainly not on a repeated basis.

crawdad
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
The Giants had that game in the bag yesterday and then Coughlin went brain dead. That was pathetic.

Best display of failed coaching. What a dummy!

bpc
11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah, but come on! Dallas hasnt lost since we played them. But neither has New England or San Diego. If it was just Dallas you might say Denver was lucky but with this in play for 3 teams, it becomes less "lucky".

Denver's been playing very well. I just think we struggled with Dallas and now their offense is clicking. We still could beat them. I'm just glad to not have to play them now that they've unleashed Austin.

He's given their offense a whole new dimension.

I'm glad SD still has to play them.

BigPlayShay
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
So, let's say the "nightmare" scenario plays out and the Chargers over take us for the division lead. We are still in the drivers seat for the 5th seed. The other Wild Card is coming out of the North for sure (Cincy or Pitt). I don't see Baltimore catching either of them, nor do I see 3 teams making the playoffs from that one division. So that leaves us and someone out of the North battling for a spot with:

Jets (rookie QB who if he hasn't already will hit the rookie wall will do so)
Dolphins (would pretty much have to win out)
Houston (too inconsistent)
Jacksonville (See Houston)

lex
11-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Denver's been playing very well. I just think we struggled with Dallas and now their offense is clicking. We still could beat them. I'm just glad to not have to play them now that they've unleashed Austin.

He's given their offense a whole new dimension.

I'm glad SD still has to play them.

Denver might not be the best matchup for Dallas. Theyve been good at dialing up pressure and have good CBs. I question whether some of the teams they have played have that kind of combo.

OBF1
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
This message is hidden because lex is on your ignore list.

Eldorado
11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I open my mouth and poop comes out.

Yes. Yes it does.

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
anyways, we are 1.5 games up even if we lose, not just 1 game as we own the tiebreaker. good try though lex.

cutthemdown
11-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow Lex you figured out the season isn't over after 6 wins. You are sure genius we would be lost without.

Broncos need 5 more wins to take division.

lex
11-09-2009, 11:55 AM
anyways, we are 1.5 games up even if we lose, not just 1 game as we own the tiebreaker. good try though lex.

That fractional lead is kind of bogus due to San Diego having another crack at Denver. I agree that Denver is in a position of advantage but it could get interesting if we slip even a little bit.

lex
11-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Wow Lex you figured out the season isn't over after 6 wins. You are sure genius we would be lost without.

Broncos need 5 more wins to take division.

Its not so much that as much as its that a lot can change relatively quickly and right now could be that pivotal point (and Im not surprised this was imperceptible to you).

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 12:04 PM
That fractional lead is kind of bogus due to San Diego having another crack at Denver. I agree that Denver is in a position of advantage but it could get interesting if we slip even a little bit.

its not bogus at all, if we lose the next 2 and they win the next 2, we still have the lead until they take over record or beat us.

lex
11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
its not bogus at all, if we lose the next 2 and they win the next 2, we still have the lead until they take over record or beat us.

That fractional idea youre referring to means nothing because it depends on what happens in both games, which havent taken place yet.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Oh no! I looked now, even though lex told me not to!

RMT
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
lex reminds me of chicken little ... the sky is falling ... every day.

stop crying "wolf" lex - the villagers aren't buying your daily dose of "glass is half (or almost completely) empty" shi+.

you are wasting your stupidity on the WRONG folks ...

btw, how is it that cutler's record in chicago is 4-4 when prior to yesterday his defense was #9 in the league? i thot his team's were poor because of lousy defense. perhaps his win/loss record has more to do with jay than most care to admit.

OABB
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Its not so much that as much as its that a lot can change relatively quickly and right now could be that pivotal point (and Im not surprised this was imperceptible to you).

I imagine you talk like the comic book guy from the simpsons. Am I right? Do you LARP?

lex
11-09-2009, 12:14 PM
lex reminds me of chicken little ... the sky is falling ... every day.

stop crying "wolf" lex - the villagers aren't buying your daily dose of "glass is half (or almost completely) empty" ****.

you are wasting your stupidity on the WRONG folks ...

btw, how is it that cutler's record in chicago is 4-4 when prior to yesterday his defense was #9 in the league? i thot his team's were poor because of lousy defense. perhaps his win/loss record has more to do with jay than most care to admit.

Im not crying wolf. Thats not at all what this is. And more proof that youre not capable of discerning this, you reference Cutler.

CEH
11-09-2009, 12:14 PM

The SD game is key but until SD beats a team that Denver loses to it's still Denver division

Even a loss to Pitts tonight means very little since SD has also loss to Pitts.

Division then common games then conference. We both beat the AFCE team . We play Indy SD plays Tenn

If we lose to NYG and SD losses to DALL it's a wash.

Beat SD at home and I like our chances to win the diviison

DenverBrit
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM

It's no Snuggie, but it fits!

http://weblog.timoregan.com/uploaded_images/stupid-cloak-749514.jpg

Eldorado
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I imagine you talk like the comic book guy from the simpsons. Am I right? Do you LARP?

omg dude, awsome. From now on I am reading all of lex's post with that voice.

jhns
11-09-2009, 12:18 PM

You have said this exact same thing about a lot of posters. Do you have a crush on the comic guy from the Simpsons or something? Maybe it is your only line?

jhns
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
SD will only win 5 games this year. No need to worry about them.

lex
11-09-2009, 12:21 PM
The SD game is key but until SD beats a team that Denver loses to it's still Denver division

I agree a lot is still up in the air.

Even a loss to Pitts tonight means very little since SD has also loss to Pitts.

Losing to Pittsburgh cuts the lead to one game.

Division then common games then conference. We both beat the AFCE team . We play Indy SD plays Tenn

True but that means nothing unless we're tied with someone, namely San Diego.

If we loss to NYG and SD losses to DALL it's a wash.

True. In a sense theyre both "NFC team."

Beat SD at home and I like our chances to win the diviison

It certainly helps, especially if that also means sweeping the division [knock on wood]

in bold

lex
11-09-2009, 12:23 PM
SD will only win 5 games this year. No need to worry about them.

He's like sisyphus.

Tombstone RJ
11-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I told everyone a LONG time ago that Chicago's defense is not very good. Hmmmm...

RMT
11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I told everyone a LONG time ago that Chicago's defense is not very good. Hmmmm...

yep - they were #5 - THREE years ago ... #26 two years ago, and #21 last year ... is that the look of a "good defense"?

their #9 ranking defensively has more to do with their weak opponents than it does talent. the cardinals exposed their defense yesterday.

OABB
11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
You have said this exact same thing about a lot of posters. Do you have a crush on the comic guy from the Simpsons or something? Maybe it is your only line?

um....I think you have me confused....I have never ever said this before.

DOn't ruin my Lex bashing moment either. I look forward to it all day long.

Read his posts with the comic book guy in mind, it is hysterical.

jhns
11-09-2009, 01:16 PM
um....I think you have me confused....I have never ever said this before.

DOn't ruin my Lex bashing moment either. I look forward to it all day long.

Read his posts with the comic book guy in mind, it is hysterical.

Sorry, I did confuse you with someone else. The search actually showed that line used a lot. It seems a lot of posters think of others as the comic book guy or reference him when talking bad about analysts.

Anyways, sorry to interupt the Lex bash.

Peoples Champ
11-09-2009, 01:24 PM
look at week 1 power rankings,

No one said winning this division would be easy for the broncos

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/week/1

OABB
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Sorry, I did confuse you with someone else. The search actually showed that line used a lot. It seems a lot of posters think of others as the comic book guy or reference him when talking bad about analysts.

Anyways, sorry to interupt the Lex bash.

it's because the comic book guy is a legendary character. Everyone knows someone like him.

and it's not bad analysis that we are making fun of, it that super nerdy psuedo- intellectual babble that people who spend way too much time alone chasing worthless pursuits tend to use.

you know, like lex.

UberBroncoMan
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I have a feeling that the team with the most points at the end of the game today is going to be the winner.

Pony Boy
11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
The Chargers are who we thought they were... If you want to crown their ass crown their ass.......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLoJdUqEf1c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLoJdUqEf1c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cito Pelon
11-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Pitt has already beat the Chargers. Losing a "common" game tonight isn't as bad for Denver as it would be for San Diego if Denver pulls it out and flips the game.

Both have lost to Baltimore. Both have played their AFC East opponent. Both still have their game against the Skins and their AFC South opponent.

The only team with a winning record that San Diego has beaten is the Giants who, while they can still right the ship, are falling apart right now. 4 of Denver's 6 wins have come against teams with winning records, and the Broncos have beaten 3 6-2 teams. 3 of San Diego's wins have come against Oakland and KC. 1 of Denver's wins has come against that group.

Denver has played Cleveland, who San Diego still has them to play.

San Diego still has to come to Denver AND play the 6-2 Cowboys and Bengals, both of which Denver has already beat.

A Denver loss tonight is much more important to SD than it is to the Broncos. The critical game is in 2 weeks.

That pretty much puts it in perspective.

Still, the team needs 5 more wins.

lex
11-09-2009, 02:22 PM
That pretty much puts it in perspective.

Still, the team needs 5 more wins.

Yeah, I wasnt saying things are going to pot but there might be some rough waters and nervous moments. I agree that 11 and even 10 wins should put us there. With 4 games against Oakland, KC, and Washington remaining, hopefully that puts us in a good position to make the playoffs, but ideally win the division and get a home game.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM

Again, not surprising. People writing this team off after we beat them were and are retarded.

SD starts out slow every year and turns it on at the end. It's been their MO for awhile now. Bronco fans should be more than well aware of that.

Karenin
11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
why do people respond to lex with anything but quotes he made from before the season? he has exactly zero credibility and should have started over with a new account long ago. why you people respond to such a moron seriously, i'll never understand. at least put him on ignore like i did long ago.

rbackfactory80
11-09-2009, 05:27 PM
What a spineless thread/gutless thread.

errand
11-09-2009, 05:38 PM

So your saying we could possibly accomplish the same thing we did when we had a "franchise QB" running the team?

lex
11-09-2009, 05:42 PM
So your saying we could possibly accomplish the same thing we did when we had a "franchise QB" running the team?

I was actually more focused on this year. Last year is done.

BTW, genius, its "you're."

lex
11-09-2009, 05:48 PM
why do people respond to lex with anything but quotes he made from before the season? he has exactly zero credibility and should have started over with a new account long ago. why you people respond to such a moron seriously, i'll never understand. at least put him on ignore like i did long ago.

This guy never talks about anything other than kvetching about other posters. Put another way, he's worthless. He's dumb AND he says nothing. Someone needs to get him a kleen ex to wipe the tears from his face. Instead of Karenin, his name should be Karenout because this guy is one massive vagina flare up.

Circle Orange
11-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I have a feeling that the team with the most points at the end of the game today is going to be the winner.

That is an absurd leap of logic! LOL