PDA

View Full Version : Emery Moorehead on Cutler and the Bears

BroncoBuff
11-09-2009, 08:32 AM
The ex-Buff and Bear makes some pretty good points FWIW.

Whenever Super Bowl guys criticize "no sense of urgency" straight out of the lockerroom, they're talking coaching.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2422/emeryjpg.jpg

Karenin
11-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Are we supposed to be impressed that you're facebook friends with Emery Moorehead? Because I can't think of one other reason you'd make this thread.

bronco militia
11-09-2009, 08:41 AM
"no sense of urgency" straight out of the lockerroom,

it's not coaching...it's the environment at soldier field.

it's been bad for years

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Shanny can turn it around.

HAT
11-09-2009, 09:19 AM
are we supposed to be impressed that you're facebook friends with emery moorehead? Because i can't think of one other reason you'd make this thread.

rofl! Rep!

Master___Pain
11-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Are we supposed to be impressed that you're facebook friends with Emery Moorehead? Because I can't think of one other reason you'd make this thread.

This.

Looks like McBuff is looking for any Cutler love he can find and then attention whoring when he finds someone outside Bronco nation that doesn't think Cutler is that bad.

bronco militia
11-09-2009, 09:24 AM
cutler is right where he wants to be.....

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Dagmar
11-09-2009, 09:25 AM
http://tim3n.de/images/pathetic.jpg

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:25 AM

Actually, it's more newsworthy than most of the opinions of this board. I'd put a lot more stock in what a ex-nfl'er from Chicago thinks about Jay Cutler vs. some idiots persective like Jock Chalk aka. smagma sucker Alec. He's never played a down of football in his life yet he considers his opinion law.

LMAO.

LonghornBronco
11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Cutlers a good QB, but what has transpired is nothing less than poetic justice...

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Ah, fault is a two way street in most cases, and this is one. There was a break in communication on both ends.

Water under the bridge now though.

Kaylore
11-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I'll say it again: Cutler is what you see. He will never be better than he is right now. He doesn't push hard enough, his attitude is bad and it affects team chemistry. He just doesn't "get it."

Rabb
11-09-2009, 09:42 AM
how can you not value the opinion of someone with such fantastic spelling skills?

Rabb
11-09-2009, 09:46 AM
I'll say it again: Cutler is what you see. He will never be better than he is right now. He doesn't push hard enough, his attitude is bad and it affects team chemistry. He just doesn't "get it."

yep

you know what though he will get a pass for a while, same as last year because he didn't have *insert other part here* on the team with him

the Bears are in a good spot for the next couple years, they pissed away some valuable draft picks to help them fill the voids

if they aren't careful, they will be the Redskins and try to improve through free agency

that or they better hope they hit big on their scouting and drafting outside of the 1st round

bpc
11-09-2009, 09:49 AM

Doubtful. Cutler is playing just like he did two years ago when Denver had swinging gates at OT. He has that again with the Bears. If they can come up with some talent there, or develop a scheme (shanny, west coast scheme w/ play action), he'll improve greatly.

Until he gets blocking, he won't be able to improve.

TonyR
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Poor Bears fans. Without Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman they don't know who to blame. And now they're in the same boat Broncos fans were in the last couple of years having to come up with excuses for Jay Cutler. For shame.

Rabb
11-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Doubtful. Cutler is playing just like he did two years ago when Denver had swinging gates at OT. He has that again with the Bears. If they can come up with some talent there, or develop a scheme (shanny, west coast scheme w/ play action), he'll improve greatly.

hahaha you just proved my previous post

:~ohyah!:

baja
11-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Shanny can turn it around.

ya just give him 10 years and unlimited funds.

lex
11-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Poor Bears fans. Without Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman they don't know who to blame. And now they're in the same boat Broncos fans were in the last couple of years having to come up with excuses for Jay Cutler. For shame.

The Bears biggest problem isnt Cutler but carry on with your scorned woman routine.

bronco militia
11-09-2009, 10:13 AM

it only took him 3 years

baja
11-09-2009, 10:26 AM
it only took him 3 years

With Elway and a miracle 6th round pick.

HorseHead
11-09-2009, 10:31 AM
tough crowd..it's game day...

bronco militia
11-09-2009, 10:32 AM
With Elway and a miracle 6th round pick.

and some very good free agent signings

Gort
11-09-2009, 10:47 AM

scapegoat #1

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__LJv4LyMFAc/ReZzerQ0TmI/AAAAAAAABQY/1zjK-vKAVZw/s200/lovie.jpg

i hope he's got his resume in order...

The Joker
11-09-2009, 10:48 AM

He had arguably the best blocking O-Line in the league last year, and still managed to put up a similiar TD-INT ratio as he did the year before that.

For every 3 TD's he's ever thown, he's always found a way to toss 2 picks in there. That's something I don't see changing with how he plays.

He's basically Brett Favre only when it counts he's a loser and Favre is a winner.

BroncoBuff
11-09-2009, 10:50 AM
what has transpired is nothing less than poetic justice...

Dunno about the justice part, but it has been pure poetry for us. Every single thing that could go right, has gone right ... with both Shanahan and Cutler.

baja
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
and some very good free agent signings

Shanny did some great things in Denver and I was a huge supporter of Mike right up to the last 3 games of the 08 season when he was repeatedly was getting out coached. That was the straw that broke the camels back. I but up with his endless terrible FA singings. He brought some real bad actors in our locker room. Guys I hated having on the Broncos roster.

Thanks for the SBs Mike.

Thank God McD does not have even one of those POS types in a Broncos uniform.

Paladin
11-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I do believe Lovie will be gone on the first day after the season is over for them. I don't think Shanahan would go there (but stranger things have happened), but the Bears will look for an O coach.

With an 8-8 record, the Broncos would get a 12 or so pick? 7-9 gets into the top ten maybe???

Dagmar
11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
This is a Denver Broncos message board Buff you ****ing tool.

Bronco Yoda
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
scapegoat #1

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__LJv4LyMFAc/ReZzerQ0TmI/AAAAAAAABQY/1zjK-vKAVZw/s200/lovie.jpg

i hope he's got his resume in order...

He's a dead man walking. All hail Cutler... The coach killer! :giggle:

BroncoBuff
11-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Settle down, Beavis.

Here's a bit of advice: you see a thread you don't like, don't even open it up. Save yourself the frustration.

jhns
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
This is a Denver Broncos message board Buff you ****ing tool.

I know all caps is supposed to be yelling when you type. What does all bold mean? You are real serious?

Dagmar
11-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I know all caps is supposed to be yelling when you type. What does all bold mean? You are real serious?

I was concentrating really hard and frowning a little.

Beavis Buff? Beavis?? You are turning into ****ing mock.

And yes, on gameday a tool cluttering up the message board with posts about a douche who used to play for us just because you would love to suck long and hard on Cutler's cock, well, it's annoying.

BroncoBuff
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I was concentrating really hard and frowning a little.

Beavis Buff? Beavis?? You are turning into ****ing mock.

And yes, on gameday a tool cluttering up the message board with posts about a douche who used to play for us just because you would love to suck long and hard on Cutler's cock, well, it's annoying.

Well I just don't know what to say ... except you should maybe avoid things that frustrate you this much.

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 11:35 AM

LAST year he threw 18 interceptions, put up a ton of yards but not many points. with our oline and WR. why is he doing the same thing this year?

bpc
11-09-2009, 04:52 PM

Why? He turned Denver around in 2 years when he got here.

bpc
11-09-2009, 04:54 PM
He had arguably the best blocking O-Line in the league last year, and still managed to put up a similiar TD-INT ratio as he did the year before that.

For every 3 TD's he's ever thown, he's always found a way to toss 2 picks in there. That's something I don't see changing with how he plays.

He's basically Brett Favre only when it counts he's a loser and Favre is a winner.

Well whether he's a winner or loser is still yet to be determined. He still has a long career ahead of him. Career statistics point to him being BETTER than Favre.

I'm just quoting the facts. Stats don't lie.

bpc
11-09-2009, 04:58 PM
LAST year he threw 18 interceptions, put up a ton of yards but not many points. with our oline and WR. why is he doing the same thing this year?

7 starting HB's. I don't care what you or anybody else says, when you have a turnstyle behind you at HB, and the defense is only out to stop you, sometimes they are going to have success. Cutler's still in the maturation process as a QB as well. What was he, in his 2nd full year of starting? Trust me, NFL history is littered with many worse starting QB's in their 2nd full year who went on to have great careers.

Why don't you step off the Cutler rant? Everybody understands you hate him. You really don't have anything else to post on the matter do you?

The Joker
11-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Well whether he's a winner or loser is still yet to be determined. He still has a long career ahead of him. Career statistics point to him being BETTER than Favre.

I'm just quoting the facts. Stats don't lie.

The fact that he's shat himself in every big game he's played so far in the NFL doesn't bode well for him.

Circle Orange
11-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Maybe one of Cutler's chins can knock him out and put him on injured reserve.

Tip for you Direct TV subscribers. You can get a show called "Monsters in the morning" with Dan Jiggetts (or is that Dan Jiggle, lol). A shlock jock with a screechy voice, craggy face and backwards hat is the cohost. Its on Comcast 665, I think CSNC. EST, like 8AM or something. They moan and wail a lot. Cursing fate is optional.

I freely admit to unrestrained glee seeing Cutler fumble, fall, run like a headless chicken and throw picks. Someone should YouTube it all for prosperity.

baja
11-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Maybe one of Cutler's chins can knock him out and put him on injured reserve.

Tip for you Direct TV subscribers. You can get a show called "Monsters in the morning" with Dan Jiggetts (or is that Dan Jiggle, lol). A shlock jock with a screechy voice, craggy face and backwards hat is the cohost. Its on Comcast 665, I think CSNC. EST, like 8AM or something. They moan and wail a lot. Cursing fate is optional.

I freely admit to unrestrained glee seeing Cutler fumble, fall, run like a headless chicken and throw picks.<b> Someone should YouTube it all for prosperity.

Oh I like that idea.

bombay
11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
21-24

ho hum

steeledude
11-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Here are Peyton Manning's stats in his first four years:

2001 Indianapolis Colts TD 26 INT 23
2000 Indianapolis Colts TD 33 INT15
1999 Indianapolis Colts TD 26 INT 15
1998 Indianapolis Colts TD 26 INT 28

Year three looked pretty good. Year 2 okay. Years 1 and 4...well that's Cutler bad. Of course, there must be a reason for Peyton's bad play that excludes him from trash talk. Wait. I remember. People said Peyton was a big bust too. Then when he started winning it was he'd never win the big one. Then he won the big one and now he's good.

Give Cutler time. I do find it funny all the scorned lovers around here.

Go Broncos.

bombay
11-09-2009, 07:51 PM
I have to agree with that. Cutler shows every sign of morphing into Peyton Manning.

Dagmar
11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I have to agree with that. Cutler shows every sign of morphing into Peyton Manning.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

steeledude
11-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Hyperbole isn't a good way to dismiss a good argument. But it is the best way for someone who is out of ideas.

bombay
11-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Hyperbole isn't a good way to dismiss a good argument. But it is the best way for someone who is out of ideas.

Uh.. I didn't bring Peyton Manning into the 'argument'?

broncocalijohn
11-09-2009, 11:11 PM

maybe you can tell us again about you cant wait to tell a poster how you will be coming back and couldnt wait to give sheat to him when he is wrong about the 09 broncos. Do you remember that? You wanted the broncos to fail so you can be proven correct.

steeledude
11-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Uh.. I didn't bring Peyton Manning into the 'argument'?

You do understand that a comparison between two quarterbacks is different than straight up saying they are the same? It is extremely exaggerated to say I was calling Jay a Peyton clone. If that's what you got from my post then I apologize and will spell it out a little more clearly.

In his first four years Peyton threw a lot of picks. In the years he didn't he won. In the years he did he lost. He turned it around. Just because Jay is struggling early in his career does not mean he won't turn it around.

Circle Orange
11-10-2009, 07:12 PM

Year three looked pretty good. Year 2 okay. Years 1 and 4...well that's Cutler bad. Of course, there must be a reason for Peyton's bad play that excludes him from trash talk. Wait. I remember. People said Peyton was a big bust too. Then when he started winning it was he'd never win the big one. Then he won the big one and now he's good.

Go Broncos.

I think Peyton's forehead is still growing. :clown:

baja
11-10-2009, 07:22 PM

Go Broncos.

Did you see that game where he "won the big one"?

Gort
11-11-2009, 07:20 AM
In his first four years Peyton threw a lot of picks. In the years he didn't he won. In the years he did he lost. He turned it around. Just because Jay is struggling early in his career does not mean he won't turn it around.

Jeff George: 46 INT in first 1532 attempts
Cutler: 49 INT in first 1506 attempts

55CrushEm
11-11-2009, 07:34 AM

Because Buff likes to draw attention to himself. I thought that was obvious to everyone by now.

BroncoBuff
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Because Buff likes to draw attention to himself. I thought that was obvious to everyone by now.

Yeah, that's it.

Because God forbid we listen to another perspective, a Bears player with a Super Bowl ring, who's lived in Chicago for 25 years and is a childhood sports idol of mine. God forbid.

Dude, there's at least a dozen less relevant threads started around here every day. The reason people object is because he doesn't hate Cutler.

Duh.

El Minion
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Jeff George: 46 INT in first 1532 attempts
Cutler: 49 INT in first 1506 attempts

Well Cutler's strongest correlation to a similar player up until last year is Tom Brady (http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=CUTLEJAY01) and Orton's is Jay Fiedler (http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=ORTONKYL01)

TonyR
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Well Cutler's strongest correlation to a similar player up until last year is Tom Brady (http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=CUTLEJAY01)

You might want to check out wins and losses and then rethink this.

El Minion
11-11-2009, 06:27 PM
You might want to check out wins and losses and then rethink this.

When did football stop being a team sport...

elsid13
11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Did you see that game where he "won the big one"?

Cinncy his first year. That was as close to play off game as we have seen in a while.

TonyR
11-11-2009, 06:41 PM
When did football stop being a team sport...

It didn't. But like it or not, fair or not, QB's are defined by winning. Brady has been a winner from day one, Cutler not so much. You can only make excuses for so long, eventually you have to win.

El Minion
11-11-2009, 07:02 PM
It didn't. But like it or not, fair or not, QB's are defined by winning. Brady has been a winner from day one, Cutler not so much. You can only make excuses for so long, eventually you have to win.

That's what Dave Wannstedt kept saying about Jay Fiedler, and all it got Miami was half a decade of mediocrity.