PDA

View Full Version : bye bye LJ

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 08:27 AM
chiefs releasing him today. per PFT. i think its priest holmes that stays as chiefs all time rushing leader.

bronco militia
11-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Chiefs will be cutting Larry Johnson
Posted by Mike Florio on November 9, 2009 10:23 AM ET
Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is scheduled to return from a one-game suspension today.

But since the Chiefs can't send him home with pay for the rest of the year, they're planning to simply send him home.

Per a league source, the Chiefs will be cutting Johnson today.

More details to come.

UberBroncoMan
11-09-2009, 08:37 AM
I don't believe anything till Adam says it... which he has.

http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

Filed to ESPN: Chiefs released RB Larry Johnson. He now will go on waivers.

What a ****ing pathetic organization. Could have at least gotten some picks for him earlier... instead NADA.

crowebomber
11-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Bring him in! He'll break off 2,000 inappropriate comments in our system!

UberBroncoMan
11-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Christ I just read from Adam that the Saints D has 2 more TD's than the Browns offense... wow.

... too bad Chris Chambers has paid off for the Chiefs.

bronco militia
11-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Christ I just read from Adam that the Saints D has 2 more TD's than the Browns offense... wow.

the browns don't have a RB or WR that has scored a single TD

Punisher
11-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I wonder what team takes him in

Kaylore
11-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Larry Johnson is a world class racist dickhead. I laughed every time I saw him try and pass block.

mwill07
11-09-2009, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him in Denver. I think he still has tread on the tires, and he'd make a great asset to platoon w/ Moreno/Buck. IMO a motivated, angry LJ running behind a capable OL would still be a force to be reckoned with. We would be the perfect team for LJ to extract revenge on his old team - 2 games left vs KC, division rival, playoff aspirations, solid OL, and a tough" team-first" rookie year coach who, if LJ falls in line and is a good teammate, would make Haley look absolutely terrible.

UberBroncoMan
11-09-2009, 09:12 AM
i wouldn't mind seeing him in denver. i think he still has tread on the tires, and he'd make a great asset to platoon w/ moreno/buck. Imo a motivated, angry lj running behind a capable ol would still be a force to be reckoned with. We would be the perfect team for lj to extract revenge on his old team - 2 games left vs kc, division rival, playoff aspirations, solid ol, and a tough" team-first" rookie year coach who, if lj falls in line and is a good teammate, would make haley look absolutely terrible.

Never say again!

Besides a crappy team is going to pick him up first anyway.

crowebomber
11-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him in Denver. I think he still has tread on the tires, and he'd make a great asset to platoon w/ Moreno/Buck. IMO a motivated, angry LJ running behind a capable OL would still be a force to be reckoned with. We would be the perfect team for LJ to extract revenge on his old team - 2 games left vs KC, division rival, playoff aspirations, solid OL, and a tough" team-first" rookie year coach who, if LJ falls in line and is a good teammate, would make Haley look absolutely terrible.

If the Broncos need someone out for revenge to beat the Chiefs this year, then we have big problems. I don't want LJ anywhere near Denver and given how McDaniels has dealt with whiney, bitchy and generally problematic players thus far, I think he agrees with me.

theAPAOps5
11-09-2009, 09:16 AM

I am going to punch you in the ovaries. You pirate hooker.

dbfan21
11-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Wow...it was only a few seasons ago when he was breaking through our tacklers in the 4th qtr on Thanksgiving night. I am not sad to see him go. Tons of talent, but tons of selfishness, too. That led to his demise.

SpringStein
11-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Daddy must be awfully proud of his son today. :clown:

GeniusatWork
11-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I bet nobody takes on that contract by waivers. He will go into the FA pool.

Quoydogs
11-09-2009, 09:45 AM
I bet nobody takes on that contract by waivers. He will go into the FA pool.

We can't take him. He publicly stated that white coaches don't understand him and Boy am I glad McD is white. ROFL!

PRBronco
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Omg but I was ready for 6 more years.

mwill07
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
If the Broncos need someone out for revenge to beat the Chiefs this year, then we have big problems. I don't want LJ anywhere near Denver and given how McDaniels has dealt with whiney, b****y and generally problematic players thus far, I think he agrees with me.

clearly we wouldn't need him to beat KC. However, I think he could certainly contribute elsewhere.

Let's remember how LJ has owned up in the past - even last year. I, for one, am very happy to see him no longer in KC. Let's put aside our haterade for a bit and remember that when LJ is on his game, he is (was) a very formidable opponent.

If we can sign Ty Law, we could make LJ work. I'm sure there someone with higher waiver priority will snag him first and it won't happen, but if it did, I think it would be a great move.

LJ is no longer a Chief - he's now a disgruntled powerback, looking for a team. It wouldn't be terrible for him to land here.

WolfpackGuy
11-09-2009, 09:51 AM
You can only throw so many drinks in hos' faces.

Didn't they just extend him in the last few years for 800 bajillion dollars?

Karenin
11-09-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm sure there someone with higher waiver priority will snag him first

stop saying this. there is a 0% chance someone claims him on waivers. he has a huge, unmanageable contract.

snowspot66
11-09-2009, 09:58 AM
clearly we wouldn't need him to beat KC. However, I think he could certainly contribute elsewhere.

Let's remember how LJ has owned up in the past - even last year. I, for one, am very happy to see him no longer in KC. Let's put aside our haterade for a bit and remember that when LJ is on his game, he is (was) a very formidable opponent.

If we can sign Ty Law, we could make LJ work. I'm sure there someone with higher waiver priority will snag him first and it won't happen, but if it did, I think it would be a great move.

LJ is no longer a Chief - he's now a disgruntled powerback, looking for a team. It wouldn't be terrible for him to land here.

No.

Quoydogs
11-09-2009, 10:00 AM
stop saying this. there is a 0% chance someone claims him on waivers. he has a huge, unmanageable contract.

He stinks of Chokeland. He is way over paid, past his prime and a horrible attitude. He should fit right in, Big Al's probably on the phone as we speak.

theAPAOps5
11-09-2009, 10:01 AM

I get it you are trying to give Broncos Warrior a run for his money!

Traveler
11-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Larry Johnson for LaMont Jordan?

Get it?

Smiling Assassin27
11-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I am going to punch you in the ovaries. You pirate hooker.

LOL

inappropriate, yet so damn appropriate. rep.

Tombstone RJ
11-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Just say no to LJ.

Florida_Bronco
11-09-2009, 10:32 AM

That goes against EVERYTHING McDaniels is trying to build here.

Broncoman13
11-09-2009, 10:59 AM
If you think for one minute that the Houston Texans wouldn't pick up LJ in a heartbeat you're smoking crack!!! He'll finish up this season like Cedric Benson and be next year's comeback player of the year. He is an idiot and a dickhead racist, but his career is far from over.

mwill07
11-09-2009, 11:12 AM
I get it you are trying to give Broncos Warrior a run for his money!

please. I'm not taking anything bad against the current regime; I'm not knocking anyone, and I won't discuss it further beyond this thread. All I'm trying to point out is that LJ has some thread left on the tires, and when motivated and has a line he is a hell of a RB. He can still bring it.

As far as a locker room cancer - I'm operating under the premise that he can be a good egg for the remainder of 2009. I'd bring him in with the caveat that if he becomes a distraction, his arse hits the pavement immediately. I think McD might be one of the few out there (along with Belichick) that could help turn LJ around and repair his image, allowing him to hit the open market next year and command a decent paycheck.

I understand that this isn't a popular opinion - we've all spent the past 6 years laughing at his antics and then cursing his name 2x a year - I get that. I also get that he could be the powerback we all hoped Hillis would be.

so yeah - I'm guessing he will probably clear waivers, given his salary, and he will hit free agency. I can envision a scenario where he signs w/ us for less than market value, simply to get back @ KC.

Cito Pelon
11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
If you think for one minute that the Houston Texans wouldn't pick up LJ in a heartbeat you're smoking crack!!! He'll finish up this season like Cedric Benson and be next year's comeback player of the year. He is an idiot and a dickhead racist, but his career is far from over.

Redskins as an FA.

Rohirrim
11-09-2009, 11:52 AM
LJ has the worst average per carry in the NFL - 2.7. That's just pathetic. Why would anybody sign that?

OBF1
11-09-2009, 12:35 PM

When Apa gets done ripping your ovaries out, I am going to Donkey punch you for such a comment. This just might be a banable post from you. Someone get TJ on the phone stat

LJ has less in the tank than a pathetic Ladainian Tomlinson. Just say no

BroncoMan4ever
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
i seriously doubt anyone takes him in with the contract he has. hasn't that been the major reason he was still in KC?

Sodak
11-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Where the **** is that trolling piece of **** "Bobo's Your Douchebag Minister" when we need him? What an idiot.

Bronco Yoda
11-09-2009, 02:30 PM
He stinks of Chokeland. He is way over paid, past his prime and a horrible attitude. He should fit right in, Big Al's probably on the phone as we speak.

only if he can play QB

Bronco Yoda
11-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Where the **** is that trolling piece of **** "Bobo's Your Douchebag Minister" when we need him? What an idiot.

poor....poor....bobo

Broncos4Life
11-09-2009, 02:46 PM
poor....poor....bobo

Yeah!!!
This thread isn't complete without a comment from star wars kid!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRiJVMASwjI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRiJVMASwjI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Steve Sewell
11-09-2009, 03:32 PM

I think the era of bringing certified douche bags to Denver is over.

errand
11-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Bring him in! He'll break off 2,000 inappropriate comments in our system!

you laugh now, but there was a time when anyone that got released, this board would fill with threads about whether or not we'd want someone else's garbage.

Garcia Bronco
11-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Damn...chiefs get their second win of the season.

Bronco Rob
11-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Redskins have discussed adding Larry Johnson

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 9, 2009 2:24 PM ET

Redskins running back Clinton Portis still had a headache Monday after suffering a concussion against the Falcons. Because of that injury, Washington is considering adding another headache to the roster.

Coach Jim Zorn said Monday that the organization has had internal discussions about Larry Johnson and will continue to talk about him. No harm in that -- the Redskins are doing their due diligence.

Signing Johnson is another matter. Would L.J. really fit in well behind Portis once the team's starter is healthy? How would Portis respond?

Zorn says the team will likely sign another running back if Portis can't play this week, and Portis is already being described as "doubtful." But the Redskins may just re-sign a player familiar with their system like Quinton Ganther. The running attack actually looked improved without Portis against Atlanta; Ladell Betts put up 93 yards from scrimmage on 16 touches.

Washington likes to collect big names, and signed Shaun Alexander during the 2008 season. He contributed 24 yards on 11 carries. Johnson isn't as far along in his decline as Alexander was, but that doesn't mean he's worth adding an offense already in turmoil.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

:thumbs:

theAPAOps5
11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Well Sherman Lewis is essentially the coach now that he was plucked from the Bingo halls and he is black. So LJ should finally be understood! Of course Sherm Lewis is a classy guy so I have a feeling LJ's black coach theory would get squashed pretty fast!

uplink
11-09-2009, 04:42 PM
looks like the broncos may see him next week in D.C.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Given good blocking and a fresh start, Larry Johnson (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/140455) might still be the power-running Pro Bowler who had back-to-back 1,700-yard seasons for Kansas City.
Are you listening, Seattle? What do you think, Indianapolis? Chicago? Houston?Or he might be a declining malcontent who'll only cost money and cause trouble.
To that, every coach and general manager in the NFL is listening. The Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs) released Johnson on Monday, the day he was due back from his second suspension in the past 12 months.
Any team with a faltering running game is bound to be tempted by Johnson, despite his baggage and his age (he turns 30 on Nov. 19).
"Any player that's available, we look at," said Bears (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/chicago-bears) coach Lovie Smith. "That's been our standard policy throughout. That'll be the case with Larry."
Houston coach Gary Kubiak agreed.
"When a name like that comes on the free agent market like today, we'll obviously go back and take a look at him just like any other player," Kubiak said. "Obviously, he's been a good player in this league and I'm sure he'll get a lot of interest from a lot of people."
Johnson has been high maintenance since the Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs) drafted him in the first round out of Penn State in 2003. Unhappy because he thought he was going to be taken by the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/pittsburgh-steelers), Johnson brooded while playing behind Pro Bowler Priest Holmes (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/69843). He even prompted then-coach Dick Vermeil to say it was time for him "to take the diapers off."
His last brush with controversy came two weeks ago when he posted on his Twitter account a gay slur, insulted followers and questioned the competence of head coach Todd Haley.
He was suspended for two weeks, but Haley said the final decision to cast him aside was not made until early Monday.
"We decided it was in the best interests of the Kansas City Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs) organization to move forward at this time," he said.
Behind a poor offensive line this year, Johnson has averaged a paltry 2.7 yards for the Chiefs (1-7) and appeared not to have the quickness and punishing power that enabled him to rush for more than 1,700 yards in Pro Bowl seasons in 2005 and '06.
Can he still be effective?
"I don't think I'll answer that because he's no longer on this team," Haley said.
Since rushing for a team-record 1,789 yards on an NFL-record 416 carries in 2006, Johnson has never been quite the same.
In 2008, then-coach Herm Edwards benched him for three straight games for violating team rules and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him a fourth game for violating the league's player conduct policy.
Johnson was later sentenced to two years' probation after pleading guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace. One woman accused him of throwing a drink on her and another said he had pushed her head at a Kansas City night spot.
After his huge year in 2006, Johnson stayed away from training camp, demanding more money and he got it, a six-year deal worth $45 million, including $19 million guaranteed.
But hampered by a foot injury, he wound up with only 559 yards and three touchdowns. In 2008, he ran for 874 yards as the Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs) sank to 2-14. Still, Johnson was only 75 yards away from breaking Holmes' team rushing record.
"A part of him is excited and a part of him is very regretful," his agent, Peter Schaffer, told The Associated Press. "There's a lot of feelings going on right now. It's analogous to breaking up with a girlfriend. Maybe you saw it coming, but it still hurts when it happens."
Haley declined to say if Johnson's low production had any bearing on his release or whether the Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs)' biggest concern were the slurs and the public criticism of his coach.
"It wouldn't be fair of me to try to comment on that in any way other than to say the totality of the situation was factored in - what we felt was best for the Kansas City Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs)," Haley said.
In April, a special master ruled that in pleading guilty to disturbing the peace, Johnson had violated terms of his contract and the Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs) could release him without having to pay about $3.5 million. In what now must be viewed as a huge mistake, they opted to keep him on the roster.
"Every decision we've made here ... has been what we thought was best for the football team," Haley said. "Some of those decisions might appear real good at times, and some of them might appear real bad at times."
Getting benched for three games last year and suspended by the league for one cost him big. And this year he lost another $315,000 for the gay slurs and tweeting. Last week, an online fan petition was started asking the Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs) not to let Johnson become the team's all-time leading rusher - a record Smith said Johnson had been looking forward to.
"He wanted to get the record, I know that," said running back Kolby Smith (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/469171), who saw his first action Sunday after undergoing knee surgery last year. "Whenever someone has a chance to break a record, it means a lot to them."
Johnson winds up his Chiefs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/kansas-city-chiefs) career with 5,996 yards rushing and 55 touchdowns. He also caught 151 passes for 1,369 yards and six TDs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10342972/Chiefs-cut-RB-in-wake-of-twitter-insults,-gay-slurshow about the raiders hmmm he seems trashy nuff for em or skins and people read TWITter?? why lol

SoCalBronco
11-09-2009, 06:12 PM
As I said on Chiefsplanet....I applaud the Chiefs for this move. It was long overdue. This is a great victory against bigotry. LJ is a worthless human being. He's a piece of ****, he physically abuses women, he's an out and out bigot and a ****ty football player. He likes to pretend that he's some kind of modern day black panther...when in reality he grew up in a wealthy home, the son of a position coach of a major Division I university. He's lived nothing but a charmed life and he's turned out to be nothing but a racist, physically abusive jerk.

I'm glad the Chiefs cut him.

I would have been even more glad had Chiefs personnel rammed his dick into one of those high powered Kenmore blenders.

And pressed the ON button.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-09-2009, 06:21 PM
All Good Things...

SoCalBronco
11-09-2009, 06:23 PM
All Good Things...

I'm sorry Clayton.....but I'm glad that guy got his. I know you've loved him forever, but he was a horrible hero for you to have. Maybe you can latch onto a decent person like Derrick Johnson or Cassel or someone like that.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry Clayton.....but I'm glad that guy got his. I know you've loved him forever, but he was a horrible hero for you to have. Maybe you can latch onto a decent person like Derrick Johnson or Cassel or someone like that.

Hey, he burned his bridge with me, don't worry.

Enough is enough. I wanted him cut last week.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-10-2009, 12:43 AM
the one right thing the chiefs have done. hopefully no other team will pick up this trash. ie RAIDERS! SKINS!