PDA

View Full Version : Do we win Monday Night?

Kaylore
11-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Simple question.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2009, 08:24 PM
It's gonna be a battle. I can't say we are going to win

NFLBRONCO
11-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Yes this is for a playoff spot a loss would hurt esp with SD winning. A loss could hurt our playoff chances.

Kaylore
11-08-2009, 08:28 PM
This is the type of game in the past we would lose and lose big. I'll know more about this team being a real post-season contender or not by how this game is played. I'll be there, so I hope we do well more so than normal.

Taco John
11-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I think Pittsburgh matches up well with us. I think we're going to need either defensive or special teams points to pull this one out.

theAPAOps5
11-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Denver wins. This isn't your Shanny Broncos where a fade is about to start. Its very awkward right now because you feel like oh oh we have been here before but then you have to realize this is a different team. 10 years of this makes you kind of react like Pavlovs dogs!

It won't be easy but it won't be like the Baltimore game either!

broncocalijohn
11-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Simple question.

yet horrible choices on Yes. Either we barely win on an int last minute or we destroy them. I cant vote but we win 23 to 20.

theAPAOps5
11-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I agree with BCJ the choices sucked. We don't win by a Rothlisberger fluke and we don't win in a route. But I wasn't about to chose Denver winning on a screw up by Plastic Face.

watermock
11-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Not if last weeks team shows up.

BuckinKaeding
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if you won or lost, you guys are definitely one of the best Teams in the AFC and you get this game at Home and have a huge Home Field Advantage.

For personal reasons I'd like a Steelers win, but I'm not very confident in that happening.

NFLBRONCO
11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Denver wins. This isn't your Shanny Broncos where a fade is about to start. Its very awkward right now because you feel like oh oh we have been here before but then you have to realize this is a different team. 10 years of this makes you kind of react like Pavlovs dogs!

It won't be easy but it won't be like the Baltimore game either!

I think we are different team but, O is also alot less this year we aren't lighting it up so far. So in some ways we are better and some ways we are worse it will be interesting to see how we do rest of the year.

Hogan11
11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Meril Hodge gets another concussion from watching Denver shut down the final Steeler drive for the win.

SoDak Bronco
11-08-2009, 08:48 PM
i'd love a big win....tough though, steelers are going to come out ready to play, i hope orton gets time and is hitting like the new england game.

broncocalijohn
11-08-2009, 08:53 PM

i am sure you have your loser mentality quotes just waiting for us in your microsoft word program. We already have witnessed the resurrection of your Beavis posts for McDaniels yesterday after having it on hiatus forever.

prunch
11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Yes this is for a playoff spot a loss would hurt esp with SD winning. A loss could hurt our playoff chances.

SD aint winning against the eagles or us after this week. Back to 3 games back regardless.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I expect them to lose and lose badly. The Ravens defense was a terrible matchup with this offense and the Steelers are even worse with Polumbus in at RT for Harris. Until this offense can muster more than a measely average of 7 points in the 1st half, they're not contenders and people here are delusional if they think otherwise. They can get to 10 wins with 4 against Wash, KC x2, and Oak, but no team that matters is scared of an offense where the HC doesn't trust his QB to throw a ball more than 5 yds past the LOS until the game is out of reach.

This game is only close if the defense and ST set up a few short fields for the offense because Orton and co cannot sustain a drive against the Steelers D with the current playcalling.

I would love to be wrong and I'll be there screaming myself hoarse, but I expect the Steelers to roll tomorrow night.

Bronco X
11-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I got my silly superstitions, which all lucid logic states is absolutely absurd, but somehow my mind won't dismiss. I work on Sundays and Mondays and I more or less get assigned duties not of my choosing. So the first six games I worked and got the same assignment. Last week it got changed up, and tomorrow I'm doing something different again.

Hopefully the Broncos show me how ridiculous it obviously is to think there's a correlation between two clearly unrelated matters. But still, I predict a loss.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-08-2009, 09:10 PM

Denver has 3 left vs KC/Oak and is home against SD, the Bolts only have KC at home. That's a real advantage for Denver. Both still have the Skins and their AFC South opponent. SD still has Cleveland, but also hasn't played Dallas and Cincy like the Broncos have.

Denver's schedule sets up better at this point compared to the Bolts.

tsiguy96
11-08-2009, 09:14 PM

basically comes down to this. if the broncos we saw the first 6 games shows up, we win, and pretty handily i think. if last weeks team shows up, blowout.

MplsBronco
11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I expect them to lose and lose badly. The Ravens defense was a terrible matchup with this offense and the Steelers are even worse with Polumbus in at RT for Harris. Until this offense can muster more than a measely average of 7 points in the 1st half, they're not contenders and people here are delusional if they think otherwise. They can get to 10 wins with 4 against Wash, KC x2, and Oak, but no team that matters is scared of an offense where the HC doesn't trust his QB to throw a ball more than 5 yds past the LOS until the game is out of reach.

This game is only close if the defense and ST set up a few short fields for the offense because Orton and co cannot sustain a drive against the Steelers D with the current playcalling.

I would love to be wrong and I'll be there screaming myself hoarse, but I expect the Steelers to roll tomorrow night.

I have to agree with this for the most part. I want to see them be competitive and have enjoyed the season thus far. I just feel the Cowboy and Pats games were close to getting out of hand but I give the team credit for turning those games around. The Charger game was also close to going the other way had it not been for Royal. You can't count on that to happen every week.

Until I see this offense show some urgency and come out and jump on someone, I am going to continue to be worried about this team. It's been a great run but I expect the second half of the season to be a struggle.

Man-Goblin
11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. Worse than the Baltmore game.

My feelings are usually right. But my homerism overtakes everything. Always.

Broncos 21 Steelers 17.

snowspot66
11-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I had a dream we were leading 44-0 and won 50something to 7.

BroncoSojia
11-08-2009, 09:23 PM
SD aint winning against the eagles or us after this week. Back to 3 games back regardless.

I hope our team doesn't think this way.

azbroncfan
11-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Where is the I don't know option? I think if Denver wins this game we will win the west but if we lose we are going to choke again to San Diego. I am nervous about tomorrow especially after last week and don't know what to expect other than we should play much better at home.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
http://www.jawsmovie.com/images/temp/cast.jpg

We're gonna need bigger boobs:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/571575.jpg

Need bigger boobs. Moar boobs.

Br0nc0Buster
11-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I think it will be close either way

I dont think Josh is gonna come out and run the same plays against a defense similar to the one that crushed us last week

I expect to see us use the screen early and often
and it would be so nice if Knowshon made an impact and took over a game like he is capable of

OABB
11-08-2009, 09:26 PM
we win. 10-7

Hercules Rockefeller
11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I think it will be close either way

I dont think Josh is gonna come out and run the same plays against a defense similar to the one that crushed us last week

I expect to see us use the screen early and often
and it would be so nice if Knowshon made an impact and took over a game like he is capable of

How the F do you say in one sentence that you don't expect them to run the same plays as last week, and then in the next say that you expect them to use the screen early and often?

Kaylore
11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I voted no. I'm undefeated in games (that matter) attended and haven't been to a game in years. However all things must come to an end. I'll be going with Montrose and the last game I went to with him was the Packers pre-season game and we lost. I'm hoping I got my loss out of the way there, so we'll see.

I don't like Polumbus, who struggled all through camp, starting. I don't like that we don't attack down field more and I don't like our punt unit. I think we'll be doing a lot of punting. McDaniels said they had their best week of practice this week, but I'm still in "show me" mode and until we can win these types of games, I'm remaining skeptical. I don't expect to win, but I'll hope to enjoy myself and enjoy rooting for a new, tougher Broncos team. Let's hope I'm wrong!

Durango
11-08-2009, 09:58 PM
This is one ticket I wish I had kept for this season, but fearing weather issues, I wasn't sure I could make it. I expect a smash mouth affair that the Steelers win, but I also honestly believe special teams and a turn-over or two will decide this one. The Broncos have surrendered a kick of one kind or another for a touchdown in two straight games. This can't happen again for the Broncos to have a chance.

Orange4Life
11-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I want to change my vote. It reeks of bad karma, how dumb of me. I expect us to lose and lose big.

cabronco
11-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm sure Piit. will crowd towards the LOS for runs , screens, and the short passing game. Thats what makes it important to throw down field . Even if thats not his strong suit, Orton needs to throw some deep patterns to keep the defense from stacking the line. We need a strong effort in all 3 phases to win this game.

BroncoMan4ever
11-08-2009, 10:35 PM
this isn't going to be a blowout game either way. this is going to be a dogfight all night long, and it is going to come down to who plays better in the 4th quarter. no matter the outcome, win or loss, it is going to be a game decided by less than 7

Dagmar
11-08-2009, 11:00 PM
I voted no. I'm undefeated in games (that matter) attended and haven't been to a game in years. However all things must come to an end. I'll be going with Montrose and the last game I went to with him was the Packers pre-season game and we lost. I'm hoping I got my loss out of the way there, so we'll see.

I don't like Polumbus, who struggled all through camp, starting. I don't like that we don't attack down field more and I don't like our punt unit. I think we'll be doing a lot of punting. McDaniels said they had their best week of practice this week, but I'm still in "show me" mode and until we can win these types of games, I'm remaining skeptical. I don't expect to win, but I'll hope to enjoy myself and enjoy rooting for a new, tougher Broncos team. Let's hope I'm wrong!

I dont like this post. This post makes me sad...

Bob's your Information Minister
11-08-2009, 11:19 PM
It's gonna be ugly for you guys.

This is the week the cracks in the wall start to widen.

Panic is going to set in around this place and Popps can't hold everything up by himself...

Kaylore
11-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I dont like this post. This post makes me sad...

If it's any consolation I can guarantee we don't get embarrassed. We might lose, but we'll play hard for sixty minutes.

Archer81
11-08-2009, 11:40 PM

Panic is going to set in around this place and Popps can't hold everything up by himself...

Go suck a dick you skin flap tits man bitch.

:Broncos:

BroncoBuff
11-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Lots of known quantities on the field tomorrow night.

Seems like a good opportunity for Josh and Mike the coach-strategists to make the difference, to carve out the advantage. And I think they will.

BroncoMan4ever
11-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Go suck a dick you skin flap boobies man b****.

:Broncos:

that is hilarious.

although, i love that Bob is spreading his anti-Denver propaganda, it seems every time he calls for us to get our asses beat, we win again.

so with that in mind i say bring it on Bob

BroncoMan4ever
11-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Lots of known quantities on the field tomorrow night.

Seems like a good opportunity for Josh and Mike the coach-strategists to make the difference, to carve out the advantage. And I think they will.

to be completely honest, i have wanted to see how McDaniels would respond to a loss. tomorrow is a big test. it is easy to coach and have everyone follow your lead when you are winning, but it is a little more difficult when there is a loss.

i think McDaniels has spent a lot of time finding areas the team can exploit against Pittsburgh and he is going to make sure the team is ready to come out really well prepared

Play2win
11-09-2009, 12:43 AM

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9330/buyavowel.jpg

UberBroncoMan
11-09-2009, 02:01 AM
This game is the epitome of a must win thanks to the Giants falling the **** a part.

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 03:47 AM
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9330/buyavowel.jpg

how exactly is mock wrong? hes 1000% correct. last weeks team was constantly out of position, out matched, out schemed, and flat out out played in EVERY aspect of the game (defense not in the first, but in the 2nd they started messing up. blame offense if you want for coming off field so fast but doesnt change what happened)

NYBronc
11-09-2009, 04:16 AM
I have a great feeling about this game especially since this season is playing out like 1977. <A HREF="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/1977.htm">November 6, 1977</A>

Holding teams to 26 points after 4 <A HREF="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2009.htm">games</A> convinced me we're onto some serious Oskie Majik.

oubronco
11-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Squeelers 9000000-0

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Pitt missing a lot of key bodies and that O-line is still weak. HFA helps, too.

cmhargrove
11-09-2009, 07:07 AM
My Karma vote - we get destroyed 76.3 to 5.

My realism vote - I don't know what the hell guys around here are thinking? Lots of strong negative vibe in this thread.

1. The Steelers are going to commmit to the run, but we know the game will ultimately be in the hands of Big Ben. Our coverage so far this season has been excellent, and that bodes well for us. I feel like most of Elvis' sacks this year have been coverage sacks, and no QB in the league tries to stretch a play more than Ben. I see us getting 2-3 sacks tonight. If one of those is a fumble, that would be sweet.

2. I expect our offense to make more progress this week, and I expect Marshall and Scheffler to each get a TD grab. Polumbus isn't spectacular - but I don't think he played badly either. He looks every bit as good as Pears was at RT, but Polumbus might be a better run blocker. I would like to see Orton operate a little more from the shotgun and keep the defense spread out. In other words - I don't expect McD to lay two eggs in a row.

I see a tough battle again, and it is a huge challenge. My greatest concern going into tonight is our punting unit. If they don't allow a blocked punt, I think we win.

crawdad
11-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Big Ben will struggle against our 'D'. Broncos win 27-17.

BlaK-Argentina
11-09-2009, 07:51 AM

Well there you go.

Broncos by 10.

Rohirrim
11-09-2009, 08:05 AM
If STs and/or defense can get a score (or two) we can win. If not? Nope.

Hotrod
11-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Denver rolls in this one

Rohirrim
11-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Denver rolls in this one

Rolls what? Doobs?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Close game... I think Kyle takes us down the field to seal it with a late field goal, putting us up by 7 and letting the D close the door.

24-17, Broncos.

crawdad
Denver rolls in this one

:thumbs:

WolfpackGuy
11-09-2009, 08:17 AM
How about an opening drive score from the Broncos offense?

That would fuggin help.

Br0nc0Buster
11-09-2009, 08:24 AM
How the F do you say in one sentence that you don't expect them to run the same plays as last week, and then in the next say that you expect them to use the screen early and often?

umm our line was getting owned on 5 and 7 step drops, on top of that we had no answer for their blitzes

Pittsburgh is gonna come after Kyle after last week, which is why instead of having Kyle drop back and get hit over and over again they will start out with some screens to at least attempt to make Pittsburgh dial it down

Rabb
11-09-2009, 08:25 AM
I know this is fairly obvious but if we win the turnover battle, we will win this game.

BlaK-Argentina
11-09-2009, 08:25 AM
How about an opening drive score from the Broncos offense?

That would fuggin help.

This!! The offense needs to get it going fast. If we fall behind against this team, we're not coming back. (same as with Baltimore)

Broncomutt
11-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Baltimore scared me more than Pittsburgh.

I think we can win this by double-digits.

go_broncos
11-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I am worried about this game.

I hope this is not the same DEN team that starts well and keep losing games in the end.

I know the coach is different and it might not happen this time.

Somehow, I just don't have confidence in this team.

I still can't believe that we couldn't win the division last year.

Mcd..PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG

WolfpackGuy
11-09-2009, 08:47 AM
The defense has to keep Ben bottled up in the pocket even at the expense of sacks.

The Steelers whole passing game relies on him keeping the play alive.

The offense really has to come out firing early to give itself some rhythm.

400HZ
11-09-2009, 09:01 AM

I was going to say that Denver loses a close one, but the Bobo Bump will put them back over the top.

snowspot66
11-09-2009, 09:02 AM
umm our line was getting owned on 5 and 7 step drops, on top of that we had no answer for their blitzes

Pittsburgh is gonna come after Kyle after last week, which is why instead of having Kyle drop back and get hit over and over again they will start out with some screens to at least attempt to make Pittsburgh dial it down

I wouldn't even be shocked to see a first play screen.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-09-2009, 09:03 AM

And how many screens did they try to run in the 1st half last week? All they do is run screens.

Br0nc0Buster
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
And how many screens did they try to run in the 1st half last week? All they do is run screens.

no it isnt
Just because Denver doesnt throw bombs doesnt mean all they do is screens
Kyle didnt have a problem throwing 14-20 yards down the field against SD

But against Baltimore he didnt have time and despite the fact that Baltimore kept blitzing, we kept having Kyle drop back and try to go through his progressions even though the oline was getting manhandled

Cito Pelon
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
This is a W. By 6.

DrFate
11-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Will this team generate any pressure from the offense? Can Orton and Co. actually score some points? That's the question.

OABB
11-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Thanks Bob!

You let me down ravens week...You weren't your usual self. Thanks for doing this, I owe you a beer.

mhgaffney
11-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I think the question on offense is whether Orton can find the open receiver under pressure -- and deliver the ball accurately.

If he can and does -- we will win. If not -- we lose.

NFLBRONCO
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm torn I think winning is the best overall but, some part of me thinks a Steeler blowout would reinforce to McD Orton ISN'T a long term solution to get us to next level.

Dagmar
11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm torn I think winning is the best overall but, some part of me thinks a Steeler blowout would reinforce to McD Orton ISN'T a long term solution to get us to next level.
Oh for ****s sake.

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

cmhargrove
11-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I think the question on offense is whether Orton can find the open receiver under pressure -- and deliver the ball accurately.

If he can and does -- we will win. If not -- we lose.

Yep.

People keep talking about defenses for this game, but the real storyline tonight will be the offenses. Both defenses should do adequately well against the run. That means it is down to a QB/receiver game.

If Orton can find open receivers 20+ yards downfield, we win.

OABB
11-09-2009, 12:35 PM

wow.

just. wow.

OABB
11-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Oh for ****s sake.

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

this rocks....every time I refresh I get a new one...so cool.

BroncoMan4ever
11-09-2009, 12:57 PM

our line was getting owned on everything last week. Baltimore flat out just overpowered them all game long. that isn't going to be the case with Pittsburgh, because they don't have the necessary talent along the line to do what Baltimore did. I mean FFS they are starting Nick Eason at one of the ends tonight. the guy not only wasn't good enough to make the team on our turds of a Defense the last few years, and was completely out of football until a few weeks ago.

I am worried about this game.

I hope this is not the same DEN team that starts well and keep losing games in the end.

I know the coach is different and it might not happen this time.

Somehow, I just don't have confidence in this team.

I still can't believe that we couldn't win the division last year.

Mcd..PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG

i really don't think this is a team that will falter in the 2nd half of a season. simply because of us not faltering in the 2nd half or in 4th quarter of games. we are playing better in the 2nd half of games.

under Shanahan when we would fade down the stretch we also faded in the 2nd half of games a lot. discipline was not there for the team in the 2nd half of games or 2nd half of the season. that isn't the case this season.

wtf is wrong with idiots like you still spouting that same crap that maybe a loss is the best thing for the franchise.

in the offseason it was lets hope we tank this season so McDaniels gets fired. now in the presence of a 6-1 start it is lets hope we **** this season away so that we get a new QB.

grow a brain retard. be happy that this team is kicking ass, and go with it. hope that Orton shows he is a guy that McDaniels can hitch his future to and lead us to playoffs and championships.

i couldn't stand McDaniels early in the offseason, but because i am a Broncos fan, i never once called for him to be a failure in Denver, i was pulling for him to be right in his moves and be a success. true Broncos fans should hold that same attitude, you may not like a guy or think he is as good as someone else, but you should stand behind that man hoping he proves you wrong and handles his business and gets the job done.

also, this season it isn't like we are winning despite Orton playing like ****. he is playing really well. and is responsible for a couple of our wins. he outplayed arguably the best in the game head to head when we beat NE, with 2 late 90+ yard TD drives to tie the game and another 58 yard drive in OT to get us into field goal range for a win.

he has shown he can take the team onto his back and carry them to victory, what more does he have to do for people like you to see that and stop asking for his replacement and just be happy he is kicking ass right now.

Br0nc0Buster
11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
our line was getting owned on everything last week. Baltimore flat out just overpowered them all game long. that isn't going to be the case with Pittsburgh, because they don't have the necessary talent along the line to do what Baltimore did. I mean FFS they are starting Nick Eason at one of the ends tonight. the guy not only wasn't good enough to make the team on our turds of a Defense the last few years, and was completely out of football until a few weeks ago.

this is why I am not concerned about the "blueprint to beat us" yet
Not every team has guys like Ngata and Suggs

With that said, our line had some protection issues and blew some assignments
Definately needs to be addressed if we are to compete with some of the other top defenses in the leauge

Rabb
11-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I would say the Dallas D Line is better than the Pittsburgh D Line, and the Ravens have the toughest one we will have seen all year

Their line isn't what concerns me, where they bring LB's and the secondary in to blitz from is what concerns me

HAT
11-09-2009, 03:05 PM

:rofl:

And yet, there are some people around here who claim that people aren't secretly wishing for Denver FAIL.

Amazing.

Circle Orange
11-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Home teams on Monday night = 87% clip, regardless.

Odds favor. Just sayin.' :sunshine:

11-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Keep hoping, guys!

Dagmar
11-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Keep hoping, guys!

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/l/lol_cat-12926.jpg

11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I am shot with luck for the Denver Broncos. I gotta get outta hea!

Anaximines
11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
well I was right :/

Hercules Rockefeller
11-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Damn, this guy was spot on. What a bad ass.