PDA

View Full Version : Ochocinco bribing refs

Bronx33
11-08-2009, 05:39 PM
:spit: pretty funny stuff

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/3803/82148718.jpg

The artful use of a folded bill can get people past a long line at a club, seated quickly at a restaurant with a 45-minute wait or, as countless detective shows have demonstrated, a good piece of information from a cab driver with a hazy memory. As Chad Ochocinco(notes) found out today, it will not get you a call during an NFL game.

The impish Cincinnati Bengals receiver playfully tried to bribe an NFL official today during his team's game with its division rival, the Baltimore Ravens. With the Cincinnati Bengals up 14-3 in the third quarter, Ochocinco caught a 15-yard Carson Palmer(notes) pass near the sideline. The side judge ruled it a catch, but the Ravens contended that Ochocinco's foot was out of bounds. While the ref was under the hood looking at the replay, Ochocinco borrowed a dollar bill from an assistant and playfully tried to hand the one-spot to another official.

Ochocinco was smiling the entire time and, as you can see above, the official put a stop to the hijinks before they really began. It didn't work, the ref overturned the call on the field and ruled that the pass was incomplete.

You're either going to be in one of two camps with this. Either you think it's hilarious (like me) or you think that the mere appearance of bribery toward officials is uncouth and needs to be dealt with swiftly. Judging by his track record, Roger Goodell will fall firmly in the latter camp. Expect a fine for Ochocinco, even though nobody will seriously think that this was ever meant to be anything but a goof.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Attention whore seeks attention. Next thing you know, he'll post shirtless pics of himself with an inflatable lobster.

Man-Goblin
11-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I usually don't like athlete schtick, but 85 is pretty damn funny.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-08-2009, 05:49 PM

Child, please...

ColoradoDarin
11-08-2009, 05:49 PM
I think it's pretty funny and harmless, but I bet he gets a very large fine from the no Fun League.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I have to say that my opinion of Chad changed significantly towards the positive after watching the Hard Knocks series this year. He is just cashing in on the any attention is good attention philosophy...

DenverBound
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
child, please...

lol!!!

Ambiguous
11-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Funny and harmless, but gooddell is going to be pissed

BroncoDoug
11-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I have to say that my opinion of Chad changed significantly towards the positive after watching the Hard Knocks series this year. He is just cashing in on the any attention is good attention philosophy...

same here, and I know twitter is gay, blah blah blah, he is really good on there. always doing good things for everyone and just likes to have fun, i don't get how you can not like him.

Wes Mantooth
11-08-2009, 06:21 PM

absolutely agree.

Bronx33
11-08-2009, 06:22 PM
same here, and I know twitter is gay, blah blah blah, he is really good on there. always doing good things for everyone and just likes to have fun, i don't get how you can not like him.

Ask hogan :rofl:

Meck77
11-08-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm coming around to the antics.....He should have had a peso in his hand though.

bronco militia
11-08-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm coming around to the antics.....He should have had a peso in his hand though.

uno dinero is worth about one peso

:spit:

baja
11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't mind him at all he's funny

Hogan11
11-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Ask hogan :rofl:

True enough. He's not funny, he's an embarrassment to professional football. An immature player whose celebrated by immature people...no more, no less.

To each there own I guess. Personally, I can't wait till he hangs it up for a failed TV/movie career :welcome:

watermock
11-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't mind him at all he's funny

How 'bout an Amero Ref?

Dagmar
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM

I wish I could have seen that. Cannot find a download at all...

Broncotilldeath
11-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah I figure Hogan doesn't like him, all that's left for him to do is change his name on his license.

richpjr
11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
True enough. He's not funny, he's an embarrassment to professional football. An immature player whose celebrated by immature people...no more, no less.

To each there own I guess. Personally, I can't wait till he hangs it up for a failed TV/movie career :welcome:

What he said.

lazarus4444
11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Get the stick out of your collective asses hogan & rich, it was obviously a joke because chad knew it was going to be reversed. I'd be shocked if anything happened but you never know with the no fun league.

worm
11-08-2009, 11:56 PM
He should be funny....he tries awfully hard and long at it.

Everything is fun and games when your winning like the Bengals are now. He wasn't nearly as funny to Bengal fans when they were losing.

Atwater His Ass
11-09-2009, 01:18 AM

How long's that stick been up your ass anyway? Do you ever sit down?

Jerry Curl
11-09-2009, 04:46 AM
C'mon Son!

Cleo McDowell
11-09-2009, 06:12 AM

hate! hate! hate!
http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/nurshad/silky_johnson1.jpg

DHallblows
11-09-2009, 07:29 AM
hate! hate! hate!
http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/nurshad/silky_johnson1.jpg

Mark ass mark

crawdad
11-09-2009, 07:30 AM
I think the guy is funny and apparently he can afford the fines.

Broncos4tw
11-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't care what the guy does off the field. Twitter, be a flavor-clown, whatever. But keep that crap off of the field imo. I am all about celebrations, and enjoying the game. But that attention-seeking crap is best done off the field of play.

WolfpackGuy
11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm surprised the ref didn't take him up on it.

The zebras don't make that much and it shows.

gunns
11-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Of course it was all harmless fun and technically it was not done on the field. But with what the NBA is going through I bet he does get a fine.

snowspot66
11-09-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm surprised the ref didn't take him up on it.

The zebras don't make that much and it shows.

Don't they make six figures? That's not making much money for doing something they love for 20 or so weekends a year?

USAFBronco
11-09-2009, 09:05 AM

You do know that football is a game right? One that's played by children accross the country?

I'd play the same way, getting millions of dollars to play a game I play now for free.

GeniusatWork
11-09-2009, 09:39 AM
The $1 bill is pure comic genius. Not professional, but comic genius.

Hogan11
11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
You do know that football is a game right? One that's played by children accross the country?

I'd play the same way, getting millions of dollars to play a game I play now for free.

You know that garbage like that isn't allowed in any other level of the game from Pop Warner on up to College right? There's a reason for that.

You people can call me whatever you want to, I think the guy is an embarrassment to the game and that he, his team and all the closet Bengal fans out there are a disgrace.

mr007
11-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I used to think he was a dumbass. Now I think he's pretty much hilarious. Count me among those who like his antics.

OABB
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM
HOw anyone can not like this guy i beyond me.

I can see hating flava clowns, and I agree, but this guy is actually good at it.

Its refreshing that there is thought being put into it.

DOn't confuse ocho for every other dbag athlete that tries this stuff, he is at the very least mildly amusing which is more than I can say for a lot of them.

SureShot
11-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I dont see why all the anger. I think the guy is hilarious.

broncofan
11-09-2009, 01:08 PM
lol...i love it.

He should and will be fined...but I find it hilarious anyway.

Cito Pelon
11-09-2009, 01:17 PM
The $1 bill is pure comic genius. Not professional, but comic genius.

O5 is one of a kind. I have to agree that the $1 bill is pure comic genius. I bet the referees tell that story for the rest of their lives to crack people up at cocktail parties.

jhns
11-09-2009, 01:23 PM
I have always liked Chad. He is all about having fun. I think all people getting payed to play a game should have fun. I would be.

The only thing I can understand people not liking was him doing the TD celebrations after they started handing out penalties for them. He hasn't done a single other thing that hurts his team. It's not like he is the same distraction as a TO.

Cito Pelon
11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
lol...i love it.

He should and will be fined...but I find it hilarious anyway.

Absolutely.

Crushaholic
11-09-2009, 02:14 PM
LOL That was hilarious. The best thing about it is that it was only $1. I think some of the humor would have been lost if the bill was larger...

ak1971
11-09-2009, 02:19 PM
maybe he can bring Sanchez a hot dog when they play the Jets.

Meck77
11-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I think the guy is funny and apparently he can afford the fines.

Not only that he's backing up his smak talk with yardage. 7th in the league to be exact.

Hogan lighten up buddy.

bombay
11-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I like him. He having fun playing a game.

HAT
11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
How can you not like #85?

lazarus4444
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
He plays well when he's having fun and there is nothing wrong with that. The guy can flat out catch the ball...

ro_50
11-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I laughed when I saw that. Hope the No Fun League won't come down hard on him.

I swear when people who get angry at stuff like this -- at the end of the day, it's a game and meant to be fun.

Cito Pelon
11-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I laughed when I saw that. Hope the No Fun League won't come down hard on him.

I swear when people who get angry at stuff like this -- at the end of the day, it's a game and meant to be fun.

I can see where some people are upset with the clowning around, but sometimes funny is just funny. As I said above, the referees in that game will be getting laughs for all their lives over that. It's perfect subtle humor. A $1 bill? Perfect subtle humor. Nobody is hurt and everybody gets something to talk about.

DHallblows
11-09-2009, 04:48 PM
MAAAA! I'm old! I don't have a sense of humor anymore!