PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News : Tomlin motivates with Denver's No. 1 message

Bronco Rob
11-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Tomlin motivates with Denver's No. 1 message

Associated Press
Friday, Nov. 6, 2009 - 1:55 p.m. ET

PITTSBURGH -- The more coach Mike Tomlin keeps talking about it, the more agitated his players get.

Exactly the response Tomlin wants from his Pittsburgh Steelers.

Tomlin keeps referring to the Broncos as having "the world's best defense," a reference to Denver's spot atop the NFL team yardage statistics. He mentioned it during the weekly team meeting. Before practice on Wednesday. Before practice on Thursday. And he'll likely keep saying it until game time Monday.

By constantly reminding that the Broncos (6-1) are playing better statistically than the Steelers (5-2) are, Tomlin is trying to motivate both his offense and his defense. He wants his offense determined to prove it can move the ball, and his defense mad that it's no longer No. 1.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-11-06/tomlin-motivates-denvers-no-1-message

bfoflcommish
11-07-2009, 10:21 AM
i picked up my wife from DIA lastnight and it was flooded with steel fans getting into town, people going need to be loud!!!!!!!!!

Bronco Rob
11-07-2009, 10:26 AM
i picked up my wife from DIA lastnight and it was flooded with steel fans getting into town, people going need to be loud!!!!!!!!!

@markschlereth I just landed @ DIA its amazing how well the Steelers travel, alreays a bunch of Steelers fans here for Monday night. about a minute ago

BOO!

theAPAOps5
11-07-2009, 10:26 AM

I know what you are saying! I work there and was in the terminal! Told a few you guys are going home losers. Their response was its going to be an easy wi on Monday. My retort, you don't get it you still have to go back to pittsburgh..... you lose!

It was all in fun and we laughed but its going to be full of Steelers!

Paladin
11-07-2009, 11:04 AM
If fans played the game......

TheReverend
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I know what you are saying! I work there and was in the terminal! Told a few you guys are going home losers. Their response was its going to be an easy wi on Monday. My retort, you don't get it you still have to go back to pittsburgh..... you lose!

It was all in fun and we laughed but its going to be full of Steelers!

:rofl:

RMT
11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
my dad had some extras to the game but refuses to sell to a steelers' fan ... it's a shame some of our "devoted" season ticketholder peers aren't as devoted as they should be.

as for tomlin "motivating" his team with statements about the Broncos' "great defense" - if that's what it takes to get his team "up" for a huge game like this, then he has a bigger problem than he realizes. the players should be motivated by the sheer magnitude of the game itself.

i plan on giving **** to every steelers' fan after the game - those assholes deserve it after the **** we put up with after the AFC title game 4 years ago;