s0phr0syne
11-07-2009, 09:59 AM
wait... what?

link?

is this a serious thread?

sadly, yes.

Bronco Rob
11-07-2009, 10:03 AM
"Williams was a fourth-round selection by the Broncos in the 2008 draft and part of the final draft class of Mike Shanahan’s tenure."

:wave:

LRtagger
11-07-2009, 10:04 AM
@Adam_Schefter: And now it is official: Broncos signed five-time Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law and waived cornerback Jack Williams.

per Scheft's twat

Dagmar
11-07-2009, 10:05 AM
There's a storm comin' Lord, and it's gonna be nasty...

Irish Stout
11-07-2009, 10:08 AM
wait... what?

link?

is this a serious thread?

milehighreport.com

decent article.

I'm not sure how I feel about this... Williams was clearly playing better this year rather than last. I kinda hope we get him on the practice squad.

bap454
11-07-2009, 10:11 AM
He had a good game against the pats. No sure Im on board with this. Trade Cutler, now JMFW.... oh hells to the no. Im putting my shoes on as we speak....

bfoflcommish
11-07-2009, 10:16 AM
He had a good game against the pats. No sure Im on board with this. Trade Cutler, now JMFW.... oh hells to the no. Im putting my shoes on as we speak....

because yes jmfw is same calibur as cutler....jesus people come on, he wasnt that great!

Kaylore
11-07-2009, 10:17 AM
because yes jmfw is same calibur as cutler....jesus people come on, he wasnt that great!

I think he was joking.

bfoflcommish
11-07-2009, 10:18 AM
I think he was joking.

he said hes not on board with this leading me to believe he wasnt joking

bap454
11-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Sorry to confuse you my friend, it was a joke.

bfoflcommish
11-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Sorry to confuse you my friend, it was a joke.

ok good. my bad!

Kaylore
11-07-2009, 10:44 AM
ok good. my bad!

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1421/sarcasmdetectoro.jpg

bronco militia
11-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I wonder if Mcdaniels cuts Smith in 2010...IMO Jmfw and Smith are almost the same player

Paladin
11-07-2009, 11:02 AM
I wonder if Mcdaniels cuts Smith in 2010...IMO Jmfw and Smith are almost the same player

That may have been the issue. Why keep two when you can get a vet CB?

So, the undercard changes......

elsid13
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I really don't like this move. You lose a young cheap corner, that shown flashes, and plays special teams, for a old veteran that can only play in zone coverages and doesn't play special teams. What Williams lacked was experience and that why he struggled at times.

Florida_Bronco
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm sure he'll be signed back at some point.

ludo21
11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
no big deal. He sucked for the most part. There are a lot of corners around just as good as JMFW on the market if need be later on.

tonngo0
11-07-2009, 11:39 AM
I think JMFW was a hair better Alphonso Smith, but you can't cut Smith so JMFW has to go ... I think JMFW has an opportunity to make the practice squad.

tsiguy96
11-07-2009, 11:40 AM
he will absolutely get claimed by someone.

Bronco Yoda
11-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Well it's official... that just set us back 10 years!

j/k

cutthemdown
11-07-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't get caught up in things like this. JMFW was a decent player but probably won't ever be a starting corner. But I said same thing about Foxworth. Still though I don't foxworth that good. IMO JMFW is pretty average as well.

IMO Broncos realize they will need good zone defense in many games this yr. Adding a player like Law who can play corner and some safety, knows a lot about zones and how to play them, is a pretty decent move for depth.

cutthemdown
11-07-2009, 12:00 PM
he will absolutely get claimed by someone.

I agree young corners with some recent playing experience not really abundant this time of yr.

Popps
11-07-2009, 12:11 PM

I agree. Cutler needs to have a good game this season before we can put him in Williams' class.

snowspot66
11-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I agree young corners with some recent playing experience not really abundant this time of yr.

I'm sure he'll get claimed by somebody with a lot of injuries too. But let's not think that age will be any part of the consideration at this point in time. They'll want a guy they can hopefully trust to play and do so in the playoffs and age won't matter until the offseason.

That said, I'm not thrilled with the move but I don't think we really lose anything in Jack Williams. Yeah the guy was young but he never really showed himself to be anything better than a Foxworth at best.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-07-2009, 12:19 PM
$10 says he ends up with the Colts.

meangene
11-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Doesn't this mean we almost have to activate Law for Pitt? We only carried four corners. And, Smith > JMFW any day.

MrPeepers
11-07-2009, 12:30 PM
take away the MF and what do you really have? more name than game.

eddie mac
11-07-2009, 12:44 PM
AFAIK Williams can only be re-signed to the active roster. He does not have practice squad eligibility.

OBF1
11-07-2009, 12:45 PM
I agree. Cutler needs to have a good game this season before we can put him in Williams' class.

LOLHilarious!LOL

Rabb
11-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Doesn't this mean we almost have to activate Law for Pitt? We only carried four corners. And, Smith > JMFW any day.

yes, I don't remember where I saw it but they said Law will play Monday

and I agree, Smith is far more talented

I loved JMFW as much as the next guy but he was a liability last week, and not that great in the nickle

that said, I hate seeing young talent go for a one year thing, but again...I will defer to McD on this one

oubronco
11-07-2009, 12:53 PM
This is an awful move Law is washed up, cutting a young talented player for an old was talented player is stupid

SonOfLe-loLang
11-07-2009, 12:55 PM
This is an awful move Law is washed up, cutting a young talented player for an old was talented player is stupid

We often overrate our "young talented players" on this board

lostknight
11-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Honestly, the whole JMWF stuff has struck me as a joke day one. Short corners don't do well in this league unless they have phenominal skill and instincts behind them, and Jack just didn't.

The jury is still out on Smith, but there has been absolutely ziltch to convince me that he is worth the 1st we gave up on him.

azbroncfan
11-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Williams might be one of the biggest lost players in space I have ever seen.

oubronco
11-07-2009, 12:59 PM

young talent > washed up talent everyday

tsiguy96
11-07-2009, 01:01 PM

except when that young talent can be a liability and the team is going for a championship.

s0phr0syne
11-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Is there any particular reason that JMFW was never given a shot at safety if he's as bad in space as some of you say?

He's been a reliable tackler and has that Bob Sanders-like frame...very stout.

I dunno, just seems like he's being discarded way too easily here.

oubronco
11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
except when that young talent can be a liability and the team is going for a championship.

after watching Law for the last couple years you can say he isn't a liability?

JCMElway
11-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Honestly, the whole JMWF stuff has struck me as a joke day one. Short corners don't do well in this league unless they have phenominal skill and instincts behind them, and Jack just didn't.

The jury is still out on Smith, but there has been absolutely ziltch to convince me that he is worth the 1st we gave up on him.

We keep complaining that we gave up a first for Smith, but we did select him with the 3rd or 4th selection in the 2nd round. When all is said and done, Seattle will probably be selecting between 25 and 32 with that selection. It's not as if we gave up a mint to get him.

I would wager that we only lose about 10 draft slots or so. Not a big loss for a player who has a ton of upside.

JCMElway
11-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Williams might be one of the biggest lost players in space I have ever seen.

Excellent observation. He never did seem to have the best instincts. This move actually fits the McD mold very well. He would rather take a smart, instinctual player than one who has athleticism, but no instincts.

I would pan this move, but McD's track record, although short, has been good up to this point. I'm willing to wait and see how it turns out.

tsiguy96
11-07-2009, 01:08 PM

not that hes perfect or what he used to be, but when you are playing for THIS year, you generally take the vet over teh 2nd year. personally i dont think we gain a whole lot by signing law, but im sure thats the way they see it.

Bronco Yoda
11-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Obviously McD is mashing down the peddle for a postseason push. Who would have thunk it... but I'll take it.

Full speed ahead!

This season is fun thats for sure.

oubronco
11-07-2009, 01:11 PM
not that hes perfect or what he used to be, but when you are playing for THIS year, you generally take the vet over teh 2nd year. personally i dont think we gain a whole lot by signing law, but im sure thats the way they see it.

I think they regress a little Law has lost a couple steps and isn't going to get any faster

Paladin
11-07-2009, 01:15 PM
*pout* *spit* *pout*

:)

Youth and talent are always trumped by age, experience and cunning......

Popps
11-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I guess this whole "Do Your Job" thing isn't a joke, huh?

I'm guessing Williams may have been struggling on STs, as well... because law won't be playing STs. So, they must have just seen him as a total liability.

BroncoInferno
11-07-2009, 01:34 PM

Ty Law is "washed up" in the sense that he is a shadow of the great player he used to be, but he is still a better player than Jack Williams. Williams is a scrappy player with good quickness, but he doesn't have the skill set to overcome his lack of size and be more than a backup CB/special teams guy. If it turns out we are signing Law to be a starter, I will agree it's a questionable move. But signing him to be the 3rd or 4th corner for little money carries very little risk. I imagine his 52 career INTs are something they are looking at with this signing as well. He may now longer have an elite skill set, but he still has the same smarts and anticipation that lead to all those turnovers and that could prove an invaluable addition to the team.

UberBroncoMan
11-07-2009, 01:35 PM
I guess this whole "Do Your Job" thing isn't a joke, huh?

I'm guessing Williams may have been struggling on STs, as well... because law won't be playing STs. So, they must have just seen him as a total liability.

That's basically what McDaniels said in his presser. It was essentially we can only wait so long to see if things change; we did it with our punter two weeks ago and felt the need to make another change now IE cut JMFW and bring in Law.

Aside from how so many people are pissed about this, we are clueless to the actual blown assignments that JMFW has probably been making that cost him his spot on the team. Sure he had some great pass breakups vs Dallas and New England, but really... who knows how many things he's been screwing up on film and in a scheme that we have no access to.

BroncoInferno
11-07-2009, 01:36 PM
I think they regress a little Law has lost a couple steps and isn't going to get any faster

He is still a better player than Williams, so it's an upgrade.

oubronco
11-07-2009, 01:36 PM
He is still a better player than Williams, so it's an upgrade.

Whatever

oubronco
11-07-2009, 01:38 PM
That's basically what McDaniels said in his presser. It was essentially we can only wait so long to see if things change; we did it with our punter two weeks ago and felt the need to make another change now IE cut JMFW and bring in Law.

Aside from how so many people are pissed about this, we are clueless to the actual blown assignments that JMFW has probably been making that cost him his spot on the team. Sure he had some great pass breakups vs Dallas and New England, but really... who knows how many things he's been screwing up on film and in a scheme that we have no access to.

only time will tell if Law is a liability as well it's not like he's playing in the Pats defense this is Nolans

BroncoInferno
11-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Whatever

Great retort. Any time you add a player better than the one he replaces, it's an upgrade. But go ahead and keep bitching about every move McDaniels makes. Maybe you will learn your lesson one day.

BroncoInferno
11-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Whether or not you like this move, one thing you have to appreciate about the new staff is the clear emphasis they are placing on turnovers. Shanny paid lip service to turnovers (and to be fair the defenses early in his tenure were good in that department), but as GM he failed to follow through on the talk by signing and drafting players with the knack for the turnover. McDaniels and his staff are clearly looking for guys who can help in that era, and this is another example.

Meck77
11-07-2009, 01:53 PM

I thought you would have learned your lesson of jumping to conclusions too early. See 6-1 Broncos.

oubronco
11-07-2009, 02:01 PM
I thought you would have learned your lesson of jumping to conclusions too early. See 6-1 Broncos.

I'm not jumping I just think this move is stupid

Dagmar
All these people who think they know better than McDaniels :~ohyah!:

http://calvinandhobbes.home.sapo.pt/imgs/e_cards/laughing.gif

Dagmar

http://i34.tinypic.com/dfvs6w.jpg

Durango
11-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I thought Williams' major contributions were on special teams. He's a sure tackler and seemed to cover both KO's and punts very well.

Does Law play special teams? If not, this is a net loss to the team.

BroncoInferno
11-07-2009, 02:08 PM

Yeah, you've thought every McDaniels move was stupid. Of course, the results have proven you to be the mentally feeble one. Guess you still haven't learned your lesson.

oubronco
11-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah, you've thought every McDaniels move was stupid. Of course, the results have proven you to be the mentally feeble one. Guess you still haven't learned your lesson.

dude did I shyt in your wheaties or what? please explain

watermock
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Are we questioning the Great Coprnholio?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7MMTwIlWlU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7MMTwIlWlU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dagmar
11-07-2009, 02:15 PM
What's a coprnholio? Is that slang for, "coach that is 6 - 1 in the NFL and not some tinfoil hat wearing retard drunk?"

Meck77
11-07-2009, 02:16 PM
OU ever heard the saying "easiest thing to lose and the hardest thing to regain is your reputation"?

The point is 95% of this site lost all credibility with their idiotic takes this offseason about how we were doomed, how McD would suck, how bowlen was a gutless drunk.

Add in the fact that Coach McD has spent nearly everyday with JMFW since his arrival I think his evaluation of his talent is probably a bit more accurate than yours.

snowspot66
We can easily go out this off season and sign a veteran CB for cheap to fill the void of Jack Williams and have no downgrade in performance. Jack Williams was not an up and coming stud. The absolute best we could have reasonably hoped for was a solid but unspectacular nickle CB. Jack Williams was not at that point yet and there was no guarantee he ever would be.

Law may get beat physically but at least we can be confident he will rarely get beat mentally. Jack Williams could get beat both ways.

Steve Sewell
How much you wanna bet that Law makes some big plays in the defense this year?

oubronco
11-07-2009, 02:18 PM
OU ever heard the saying "easiest thing to lose and the hardest thing to regain is your reputation"?

The point is 95% of this site lost all credibility with their idiotic takes this offseason about how we were doomed, how McD would suck, how bowlen was a gutless drunk.

Add in the fact that Coach McD has spent nearly everyday with JMFW since his arrival I think his evaluation of his talent is probably a bit more accurate than yours.

Agreed but i'm more against the Law signing in general there is a reason he hasn't stayed with teams the last few years

TonyR
11-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Is there any particular reason that JMFW was never given a shot at safety if he's as bad in space as some of you say?

Bob Sanders is listed at 5-8 206.
Jack Williams is listed at 5-8 181.
25 pound difference on a 5-8 frame is huge. No comparison between the two other than their height, and JW's only advantage is that he stays healthy more than Sanders. Williams cannot play safety.

snowspot66
11-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Agreed but i'm more against the Law signing in general there is a reason he hasn't stayed with teams the last few years

Yeah. It's because he's old and a stop gap player. We have a gap where Williams was playing. Hopefully Law can fill it the rest of this season and we can fill it next off season.

Steve Sewell
11-07-2009, 02:21 PM

How dare you question an Omane poster's pro football credibility!

Hogan11
11-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Pfft.....bringing in a washed up player and then cutting a never was player is a push.

outdoor_miner
11-07-2009, 02:44 PM

In general, I tend to agree... However, I think you may be over-emphasizing JMFW's "talent". If his talent is easy to replace (ie. we have a guy on the practice squad who is young and has the same upside or if you can get someone in the 4th or 5th round of the drafrt), then you go with the guy that can help you this year - ie. Law.

Don't we have two CBs on the Practice Squad? Maybe one of them is looking good.

BroncoBuff
11-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm sure he'll be signed back at some point.

I can't see that. I think he'll be signed elsewhere before we even kickoff against the Steelers.

BroncoBuff
11-07-2009, 02:49 PM
This is exactly the kind of move made by a team with an eye on the postseason.

If we were 4-3 right now, and in rebuild mode, no way we make this move. I like seeing Josh alter his approach based on what's happening.

Watch, JMFW will be signed elsewhere very quickly.

eddie mac
11-07-2009, 02:52 PM

If McDaniels thought anyone on the roster was worth holding over as a safety bar Barrett, why on earth did he sign 2 starting FA safeties and then follow that up by drafting another 2 in the first 4 rounds?

eddie mac
11-07-2009, 02:53 PM
This is exactly the kind of move made by a team with an eye on the postseason.

If we were 4-3 right now, and in rebuild mode, no way we make this move. I like seeing Josh alter his approach based on what's happening.

Watch, JMFW will be signed elsewhere very quickly.

If he goes on to make anything of himself in this league with another team, he'll join a very short list.

baja
11-07-2009, 03:03 PM

Amazing you can see that 7 games into his rookie season. Wow!

SportinOne
11-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Well... I guess Law is only 35 years old. I was under the assumption that he was at least 37, possibly 39. The fact of the matter is that he hasn't played in quite a while. Why not? If he had any value at all, why didn't Josh pick him up months ago? Can Law even play CB anymore? Obviously, Josh knows something that I do not, so I will trust that he thinks he can be of value to us.

But why Jack Williams?

Is it necessary to have 5 safeties? Wouldn't it make more sense to have 5 CB's? Some here are saying Law can play safety, too. Again, if this is the plan I think we had that position covered.

Either he sees something in Barrett and Bruton or Jack Williams has some character issues. If it's the latter, and Law is a decent human being... then great move.

If not, i have no clue...

SportinOne
11-07-2009, 03:10 PM

Alphonso smith looks like he could be a solid CB but he's not exactly a burner. Since he doesn't have that top end speed he's going to have to learn the position real well to make up for that, which I expect will take some time. He looks to be a complete player, though.

DenverBrit
11-07-2009, 03:11 PM

Good bet, especially now that Law isn't available. :thumbsup:

baja
11-07-2009, 03:12 PM

Na he'll end up in NE as a starter, this is the first move of the conspiracy that Blue tried to warn us about back in pre season.

DenverBrit
11-07-2009, 03:16 PM

Yeah, Nolan's stupid, hasn't a clue. You should write and set him straight. Ha!

Bronco Yoda
11-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Na he'll end up in NE as a starter, this is the first move of the conspiracy that Blue tried to warn us about back in pre season.

Baja removed from Blue's Christmas Card list.... check Ha!

tsiguy96
11-07-2009, 03:32 PM
he should get claimed early by a team with poor defensive quality starters, and there are a lot. i imagine someone with a top half waiver gets him, and multiple claims put in on him. hes not great, but hes good-ok, and those players have a spot for them on someones roster.

NYBronco
11-07-2009, 03:42 PM

...and underrate the ability of our coaches to evaluate a players performance.

HILife
11-07-2009, 04:12 PM
wow, I thought he was having a good season

go_broncos
11-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I knew he will be cut when we started praising him in Mane.

Dedhed
11-07-2009, 04:16 PM

Yeah, because Sanders has been really stout throughout his career.:wave:

Dedhed
11-07-2009, 04:26 PM
People seem to have forgotten that the only reason JMFW saw the field was because Smith went down with a sprained ankle in week 2 or 3. Smith looked extremely good before being injured, and I don't think he's 100%. At 75% he's better than "rat tail" Jack Williams.

outdoor_miner
11-07-2009, 04:27 PM

Well - they are both short! And as we all know, all short corner backs play exactly the same way. Alphonso is doomed!

KevinJames
11-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I think its a good move can't have a buncha small starting corners for the future, I suspect me go after a taller CB in the 2nd or 3rd round to pair opposite of Smith for the future.

tsiguy96
11-07-2009, 04:29 PM
...and underrate the ability of our coaches to evaluate a players performance.

fo sho.

rugbythug
11-07-2009, 04:56 PM
JMFW is really sick. In 2 weeks we may just cut law for JMFW. We need 4 corners for this weeks game. We also need physical corners. You have to cut somebody. Corner for corner makes it easy.

Man-Goblin
11-07-2009, 04:57 PM
JMFW's Madden rating was only 60. Ty Law's will be WAY higher than that. This is a huge upgrade.

watermock
11-07-2009, 04:58 PM
What is exactly William's illness?

baja
11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
What is exactly William's illness?

Jack Williams haas Mobile Phone Illness

Read about it here;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1557293/Mobile-phones-dumbing-down-brain-power.html

Hercules Rockefeller
11-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Oh noes!!!! Someone added the "mf" to his name because of 1 preseason play with the scrubs in and all of a sudden he's a huge loss. Dude hasn't done dick in a real game yet.

Bronco Warrior
11-07-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't get caught up in things like this. JMFW was a decent player but probably won't ever be a starting corner. But I said same thing about Foxworth. Still though I don't foxworth that good. IMO JMFW is pretty average as well.

IMO Broncos realize they will need good zone defense in many games this yr. Adding a player like Law who can play corner and some safety, knows a lot about zones and how to play them, is a pretty decent move for depth.

Ty LAw is broken down and used up two years ago and JMFW is out third best corner and a better tackler that Goodman. This is a F-up0 move along the lines of signing Berger and Cutting Kern!

DenverBrit
11-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Ty LAw is broken down and used up two years ago and JMFW is out third best corner and a better tackler that Goodman. This is a F-up0 move along the lines of signing Berger and Cutting Kern!

LOL

Quick, call Nolan and share your superior knowledge, he's obviously unaware and clueless.

HAT
11-07-2009, 06:18 PM

That settles it....Now I KNOW that this is a good move.

DarkHorse
11-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Damn I was rooting for him - played college ball very close to me at Kent State.

baja
11-07-2009, 06:38 PM

I'm glad you hate the move it just about assures it will be one of the best moves of a season full of great moves.

vanbrugh
11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Maybe shanahan and SLOWIK can find a use for the HOF 4th round pick next year?

However I still find myself asking what chance does any D player have while learning under the master BOB....?

snowspot66
11-07-2009, 07:40 PM

BW hates the move so it must be the right move.

SportinOne
11-07-2009, 07:52 PM
6-1 start and all of a sudden they are incapable of screwing up. That's not how it works. Time will tell.

tsiguy96
11-07-2009, 08:01 PM
6-1 start and all of a sudden they are incapable of screwing up. That's not how it works. Time will tell.

no, it means they are 6-1 and thus he has shown that he can make some pretty good personnel moves, even though people like you refused to see that before. he has earned the right to make moves without being doubted all day long.

Popps
11-07-2009, 08:02 PM

Wow. You sound almost hopeful.

Sorry this hasn't worked out for you. Keep the faith. We may go in the tank, yet.

Popps
11-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm glad you hate the move it just about assures it will be one of the best moves of a season full of great moves.

:spit:

Popps
11-07-2009, 08:05 PM
If he goes on to make anything of himself in this league with another team, he'll join a very short list.

Exactly.

Half of the slobs we cut from last season are out practice squads, at best. Most out of work.

Williams was a bloody nickel CB with marginal talent who's had a couple seasons to prove something. He really hasn't, and now we're going to all get our panties twisted up our asses because we swapped him for someone that might know what he's doing out there?

Honestly. Some of you people need lives. Go build a Josh McDaniels voodoo doll and sell it on Ebay or something.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Are you going to write an article about it in your local rag? Or did they laugh at you after reading your last atrocity and serve you with cease and desist papers?

You claim to know football and have been mentored by some NFL greats but the more you post the more its clear you are pretty much the dumbest poster on this site.

Now hurry and go take pictures with paid entertainment and claim you are a stud. Prostitutes need the money!

SureShot
11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I just got a message from Bronco Warrior on Myspace.......Mayock just stole is ideas on how bad of a move this is.

azbroncfan
11-07-2009, 10:07 PM

Yep I liked the move since BYU invented the system for overrating talent.

bowtown
11-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I just got a message from Bronco Warrior on Myspace.......Mayock just stole is ideas on how bad of a move this is.

To be fair, they aren't soley his ideas. He and Andy Reid formed them together.

broncocalijohn
11-07-2009, 10:20 PM

i will agree to part of your point that McDaniels knows what he isnt missing in Williams but how could he know what he know has in a guy that hasnt played all of this year and didnt do much last time he played. I hope he isnt on Law based on way past experiences. We will be getting that chance to see what he is made of really soon. All I ask for is an upgrade from Williams. If not, there is always the UFL ready to end their season.

broncocalijohn
11-07-2009, 10:21 PM
To be fair, they aren't soley his ideas. He and Andy Reid formed them together.

Was that before or after they taped an episode for the tv show?

ZONA
11-07-2009, 11:06 PM

You're kidding right? Take a close look at Bob Sanders and JW again and then come back and tell me they have the same body. JW could NEVER play safety in this league, unless he gained about 30 pounds and grew at least 2 inches. He's actually a very small man (5-9 and 183 pounds)............definitely not a safety.

Broncoman13
11-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Ty Law gets into good position and makes plays on the ball... I liked JMFW, would have rather seen somebody else go, but what the hell.

s0phr0syne
11-07-2009, 11:29 PM
You're kidding right? Take a close look at Bob Sanders and JW again and then come back and tell me they have the same body. JW could NEVER play safety in this league, unless he gained about 30 pounds and grew at least 2 inches. He's actually a very small man (5-9 and 183 pounds)............definitely not a safety.

Yeah, I quickly realized that after someone else basically posted the exact same thing that you did. I didn't realize that JMFW gave up 20+ lbs to Sanders.

I stand corrected.

Kaylore
11-08-2009, 12:38 AM
It just now occurs to me that there may have been a lot of people on this board who thought SoCal and I were being serious when we were saying that JMFW was "destroying worlds" in camp. I make no apology. The joke is on you.

ol number 7
11-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Well it's official... that just set us back 10 years!

j/k

He's working on a neck beard so he can come back. Try selling cellphone packages at Aurora Mall. Hey it worked for Tatum Bell didn't it??

Popps
11-08-2009, 02:14 AM

I just love the notion that people deem this a "bad move" with absolutely no supporting evidence. The guy had a horrible game last week, had a couple of decent plays this season and I highly doubt anyone has broken down his special teams work, which is a huge part of why he's on the roster.

Yea, it's a terrible move... it's just that no one has any tangible, credible, evidence-backed argument as to why. It's just a bad move because they say so.

As you said... you'd think people would have learned their lesson from the off-season...

ScottXray
11-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Learning lessons has not been the strong point of a lot of posters here lately.

Or ever.

It takes all kinds of people to make an internet "community".

I think I'll trust McD as to talent evaluation , versus everyine here.

On the other hand the Berger signing seems to have been a mistake....
Kern was better than what we saw from Berger last week. Hopefully he (Berger)
just had a REALLY bad week, cause a few more performances like that would
indicate that that was a definite mistake on McDs and the other coaches part.

I still wonder why they didn't bring Colquitt back for a look see, He seemed to do well in PS. And Berger has been around for a while. Quite a while!

so maybe its the krafty old Vet vs inexperienced 2nd year guy in that case too, but with punting the krafty old vet just doens't have the leg a young guy does. And Berger was just plain SLOW to get the ball out.

It seems to me that there must be SOME young punters out there that have
learned the technique of DIRECTONAL kicking. What ever happened to the coffin corner kick? You put the ball out of bounds on the sideline rather than kicking it to dangerous return guys. Get as much yardage as you can but keep the returner from getting a chance to kill you.

Of course you can't do that on kick offs....but punts are fair game.
We used to have great corner kickers in the 80s. I thought Colquitt showed some of that ability in a few of the PS games.

broncogary
11-08-2009, 07:57 AM
It just now occurs to me that there may have been a lot of people on this board who thought SoCal and I were being serious when we were saying that JMFW was "destroying worlds" in camp. I make no apology. The joke is on you.

Well, we got what we paid for. ;D

errand
11-08-2009, 08:33 AM

Ok, let's look at the moves involving McDaniels.

He was hired to replace Mike, and people bitched and moaned...he's currently has this team in first place with two game lead over Chargers, at 6-1.

He traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton, and people cat-r-walled again....and again we're sitting at 6-1, in 1st place. Orton has 9 TD's to only 1 INT, while Cutler is 4-3, tied for 2nd place 2.5 games out...and while he's thrown for 2 more TD's than Orton, he's also thrown 9 more INT's.

He made Orton our starter almost immediately, and people on here bitched longing for Chris Simms or Tom Brandstater to start instead, especially after Orton's pre-season debute....and well, see above paragragh

He signed some low-rent moderately tolerable free agents like Andra Davis, Ronald Fields, etc. and implemented a 3-4 defense, and some people wailed again....and we've held opposing teams to less than two touchdowns per game while maintaining a top 5 ranking so far.....compiling a 6-1 1st place record

And now he's cut a 4th round guy who, until this year hasn't shown anything to anyone, and has basically played good in one game, for an older guy who has made a few Pro bowls before to be a coach on the field and provide the team with even more leadership...and here you guys go again.

I'm not saying every move McDaniels makes is gonna turn to gold...but my God! Haven't you guys learned not to make knee jerk reactions to them?

I think McDaniels has earned more credibility about his knowledge of football, and running this team.....so please, a little respect?

errand
11-08-2009, 08:41 AM

I'm sorry, but that's funny...I don't care who you are.ROFL!

errand
11-08-2009, 08:49 AM

Yes, we should keep ignorant non-performing players that are young, over proven veteran players who can teach them how to do their jobs better.

Again, hero worship will get you nothing in the NFL, except bitter feelings when they're cut. Hell there probably are people out there still bent that Law was released at some time too.

Law is familiar with McDaniels and has made a few plays in his time. He is known as being a pretty good zone CB, and can play safety if need be, and while he doesn't play ST...Williams' release means another youngster can play them, gaining valuable experience as well. He can also help mentor and coach the younger guys that will soon replace him.

And because all who have doubted McDaniels to date always seem to end up eating a huge ****burger in the end...why question the move? LOL

errand
11-08-2009, 08:54 AM

...and yet another food critic dying to taste another Josh McDaniels ****burger.

Doesn't it get old?

errand
11-08-2009, 08:56 AM

...exactly. How many of our released "young talented" players have gone on to do a whole hell of alot elsewhere in the NFL?

errand
11-08-2009, 08:59 AM

experienced > inexperienced

Law has seen this on both sides....he's been cut so some young hot shot could play...and he's been signed to mentor young hotshots.

errand
11-08-2009, 09:03 AM

...and we have a winner folks!

Josh isn't about developing young talent, or keeping fan favorites...his job as I'm sure Pat Bowlen explained to him upon his hiring, is to win the Super bowl. and if the players you have on your tream are deemed as a hindrance to that goal, you get rid of them and get players who will help you achieve it.

errand
11-08-2009, 09:20 AM

So are you telling us you've been reviewing game film of him?

Comments like this boggle my mind. you clowns cannot see anything that anyone else does if you watch the games on TV. Hell, if the truth be known, your eyes follow the ball just like everyone else's eyes do.

You don't have several different camera angles nor does the NFL send you copies of video so you can critique the players. You've no contacts inside the locker rooms to give you insider info. So please quit making ignorant comments like this. You haven't watched Law the past couple of years either.

errand
11-08-2009, 09:29 AM

...yes yet another stupid move by the Broncos.

Like firing Mike Shanahan....and replacing him with a guy who had never been a head coach before

Trading Jay Cutler and a 5th round pick for Kyle Orton, two #1's and a 3rd...

Trading up into this year's 2nd round to grab Smith and giving up next year's first rd. pick

Switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4....

Signing low rent team first free agents vs. big $$$ me first guys....

I'm thinking that someone is stupid...but it ain't the Broncos or their young head coach.

errand
11-08-2009, 09:36 AM

...yeah, because he's getting a bit long in the tooth. but there's also a reason why he's always being signed by teams looking for a coach on the field and who has experience. you don't play in the NFL for a decade without having some skills...and chicks dig guys with skills.

errand
11-08-2009, 09:44 AM
But why Jack Williams?

If not, i have no clue...

to give the move some perspective....

Have you ever dumped a girlfriend and had everyone ask you-

"why? She seemed like such a sweet girl." or "you two seemed like a happy couple"

Well they questioned your move because they didn't spend as much time with her as you did.

errand
11-08-2009, 09:48 AM

...you're kidding right? She :egbgb: actually thought that McDaniels was a Belichick plant, sent here to destroy the Broncos by sending them all our "young talent' for their "old washed up" talent?

Please link the posts or thread...i've gotta read that.....ROFL!

oubronco
11-08-2009, 09:52 AM
experienced > inexperienced

Law has seen this on both sides....he's been cut so some young hot shot could play...and he's been signed to mentor young hotshots.

I forgot what a stellar job he did for the chiefs and oh the jets he took them to the dance too right GTFO

errand
11-08-2009, 09:54 AM

It's not that their incapable of screwing up...it's that their track record so far has shown that they evaluate the situation and make calculated move that they truly believe will improve the team.

and their track record has also shown that a "wait and see" attitude is the best one to have when evaluating their moves.....

errand
11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I forgot what a stellar job he did for the chiefs and oh the jets he took them to the dance too right GTFO

...and where exactly has JMFW taken us?

baja
11-08-2009, 10:09 AM
...you're kidding right? She :egbgb: actually thought that McDaniels was a Belichick plant, sent here to destroy the Broncos by sending them all our "young talent' for their "old washed up" talent?

Please link the posts or thread...i've gotta read that.....ROFL!

I wouldn't know how to find that but it's there and she is not the only one that thought there was a possible Belichick conspiracy to ruin the Broncos because we are the only team he can't beat.

errand
11-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Just as you should know better than to question McDaniels personnel moves...you should know better than to challenge me looking up numbers.

Ty Law's last 4 seasons 2 with Jets and Chiefs have seen him put up the following numbers

55 starts (23 Jets, 32 chiefs)...

16 INT's (10 Jets, 6 Chiefs)....

193 tackles (112 Chiefs, 81 Jets)....

1 sack (Chiefs)....

28 PDF's (18 Chiefs, 10 Jets)....

4 FF's (3 Chiefs, 1 Jets)....

1 TD via return (Jets) .....

...oh, and for his career he's returned 13% of his INT's for TD's. basically one every other year. He didn't return one last year, FYI.

Jack JGC* Williams could only pray for those kind of career numbers.

* "Just Got Cut"

You are yet another one-legged man that decided to come to an ass-kicking contest.

errand
11-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't know how to find that but it's there and she is not the only one that thought there was a possible Belichick conspiracy to ruin the Broncos because we are the only team he can't beat.

Wow, and I use to think LABF was the only conspiracy theory whack job on here.....

Cito Pelon
11-08-2009, 10:41 AM
JMFW wasn't exactly kicking ass and taking names.

Popps
11-08-2009, 11:01 AM
JMFW wasn't exactly kicking ass and taking names.

This has to be the only fan-board where a marginal, back-up nickel CB getting cut causes mass-suicides.

snowspot66
11-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Just as you should know better than to question McDaniels personnel moves...you should know better than to challenge me looking up numbers.

Ty Law's last 4 seasons 2 with Jets and Chiefs have seen him put up the following numbers

55 starts (23 Jets, 32 chiefs)...

16 INT's (10 Jets, 6 Chiefs)....

193 tackles (112 Chiefs, 81 Jets)....

1 sack (Chiefs)....

28 PDF's (18 Chiefs, 10 Jets)....

4 FF's (3 Chiefs, 1 Jets)....

1 TD via return (Jets) .....

...oh, and for his career he's returned 13% of his INT's for TD's. basically one every other year. He didn't return one last year, FYI.

Jack JGC* Williams could only pray for those kind of career numbers.

* "Just Got Cut"

You are yet another one-legged man that decided to come to an ass-kicking contest.

If he can do all that while getting torched then I say **** yeah bring him in. Jack Williams hasn't produced anything like that while getting torched.

Cito Pelon
11-08-2009, 11:36 AM
This has to be the only fan-board where a marginal, back-up nickel CB getting cut causes mass-suicides.

Some people just keep hoping the disaster theory will come to fruition.

HAT
11-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Ok, let's look at the moves involving McDaniels.

He was hired to replace Mike, and people b****ed and moaned...he's currently has this team in first place with two game lead over Chargers, at 6-1.

He traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton, and people cat-r-walled again....and again we're sitting at 6-1, in 1st place. Orton has 9 TD's to only 1 INT, while Cutler is 4-3, tied for 2nd place 2.5 games out...and while he's thrown for 2 more TD's than Orton, he's also thrown 9 more INT's.

He made Orton our starter almost immediately, and people on here b****ed longing for Chris Simms or Tom Brandstater to start instead, especially after Orton's pre-season debute....and well, see above paragragh

He signed some low-rent moderately tolerable free agents like Andra Davis, Ronald Fields, etc. and implemented a 3-4 defense, and some people wailed again....and we've held opposing teams to less than two touchdowns per game while maintaining a top 5 ranking so far.....compiling a 6-1 1st place record

And now he's cut a 4th round guy who, until this year hasn't shown anything to anyone, and has basically played good in one game, for an older guy who has made a few Pro bowls before to be a coach on the field and provide the team with even more leadership...and here you guys go again.

I'm not saying every move McDaniels makes is gonna turn to gold...but my God! Haven't you guys learned not to make knee jerk reactions to them?

I think McDaniels has earned more credibility about his knowledge of football, and running this team.....so please, a little respect?

You forgot trading Denver's 1st rounder next year rather than Chicago's.

:thumbsup:

barryr
11-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Only a bozo would find getting of a CB who hasn't shown he can play a lick as a bad move. Did you not see him getting torched repeatedly last week? Heck, he was even tripping over his own feet. He was a 4th round pick bozos, so hardly much was invested in him, thank goodness. Whether Law will do anything, we'll see, but he has experience and a good track record at least. Williams will do good to ever be a nickel back on a winning team. More like just a special teamer, if that. The McDaniels is stupid crowd have to be at full desperation mode to find this move worth bitching about.

lazarus4444
11-08-2009, 03:33 PM
This needed to be done, i'm happy about it. This is a part of "Accountability". Do your f'n job or gtfo, nuff said.

tsiguy96
11-08-2009, 04:06 PM
This needed to be done, i'm happy about it. This is a part of "Accountability". Do your f'n job or gtfo, nuff said.

as bronco fans, we arent used to it with shanahan. think back to nate webster and rodgers/fox/mcree/manual playing and spencer larsen and josh barret on the sidelines.