PDA

View Full Version : PFW: Insider: McDaniels 'knows what he is doing'

Bronco Rob
11-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Insider: McDaniels 'knows what he is doing'

Posted Nov. 05, 2009 @ 4:51 p.m.
By PFW staff

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

"Josh McDaniels made a lot of brash decisions (upon his arrival in Denver) and everyone was critical of him, me included, but he knows what he is doing. He's got his players prepared. He's done a good job of managing Kyle Orton within that system, just like he did with (Tom) Brady and (Matt) Cassel. He manages them extremely well, teaches what to look for and where to take shots. That's what (Bill) Belichick does. He outcoaches (opponents). When you look at Orton, you've got to remember there is a lot of talent around him. He has a very good offensive line. He has a solid center, two very good tackles, a very good RB situation and some outstanding receivers. You can plug a lot of quarterbacks into that system with the weapons they have and the time (the quarterback) has to throw, and they would be successful."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/11/05/insider-mcdaniels-knows-what-he-is-doing

8')

watermock
11-06-2009, 10:36 AM
What he is saying is you plug in any stiff into QB with the talent we allready had, as long as he doesn't throw picks, and the D gets stops and turnovers.

HILife
11-06-2009, 10:38 AM
sounds about right.

Mr.Meanie
11-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Good thing we had that "insider" there to give us some really powerful "insider" knowledge. Thanks for that.

Br0nc0Buster
11-06-2009, 01:55 PM
phew, now I can relax

All throughout our 6-0 start I still didnt know if Josh "knew what he was doing", but now that PFT has confirmed this, I feel so much better

DenverBrit
11-06-2009, 05:10 PM
He has a very good offensive line. He has a solid center, two very good tackles,

The guard play hasn't impressed. ;D

SonOfLe-loLang
11-06-2009, 05:14 PM
When minnesota lost their first game, i'd love to hear what people were saying then. I have a feeling it sounded nothing like what their saying about denver.

boppool
11-06-2009, 05:28 PM
In other news: Water Is Wet

Hogan11
11-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Evil Genius

Rabb
11-06-2009, 07:02 PM
What he is saying is you plug in any stiff into QB with the talent we allready had, as long as he doesn't throw picks, and the D gets stops and turnovers.

but honestly, who cares?

if we win the super bowl with any stiff at QB, does it make it less awesome?

save your time thinking about it, the answer is a big ****ing NO

SpringStein
11-06-2009, 09:22 PM
phew, now I can relax

All throughout our 6-0 start I still didnt know if Josh "knew what he was doing", but now that PFT has confirmed this, I feel so much better

ProFootballWeekly, not pro football talk.