PDA

View Full Version : Broncos need to sign this UNM prospect...

24champ
11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
We could use this kind of attitude. :rofl:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNmPybFK2_o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNmPybFK2_o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reminds me of Romo a little.

BroncoDoug
11-05-2009, 11:16 PM
That chick is insane and what on earth possessed her to do this?!

That said, sign her up.

2k...

BroncoMan4ever
11-05-2009, 11:20 PM
That chick is insane and what on earth possessed her to do this?!

That said, sign her up.

2k...

where the hell was the BYU enforcer to put the bitch on her ass? don't soccer teams like hockey teams have enforcers who are just muscle for the team and not much else?

UberBroncoMan
11-05-2009, 11:28 PM
No close-lines?!

MrPeepers
11-05-2009, 11:38 PM
that's a dirty girl!

chickennob2
11-05-2009, 11:45 PM
where the hell was the BYU enforcer to put the b**** on her ass? don't soccer teams like hockey teams have enforcers who are just muscle for the team and not much else?

Nope. Soccer is like baseball. Once a player comes out, they're done for the game. You also have a limited number of substitutions. So an enforcer would make little sense.

Doggcow
11-06-2009, 12:01 AM
She should have been ejected from that game. The officiating was ****ing pathetic. I would refuse to play UNM if she suited up if I was a college soccer coach.

Caveat Lector
11-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Meh, if she wanted to play rough with me I'd let her...

BroncoMan4ever
11-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Nope. Soccer is like baseball. Once a player comes out, they're done for the game. You also have a limited number of substitutions. So an enforcer would make little sense.

thank you for the info on that. that is kind of gay. i guarantee the ratings for soccer would go up if they had enforcers who came into the game for the sole purpose of knocking the crap out of someone. who wouldn't tune in to watch Beckham get hammered through the grass?

BroncoMan4ever
11-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Meh, if she wanted to play rough with me I'd let her...

she might rip your ball sack off in the same fashion she pulled that chicks hair.

Killericon
11-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Yeah, we need to compete in the division.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R-N-COI6hhc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R-N-COI6hhc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

watermock
11-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Jeepers.

She'd be a handfull in bed. No thanks, she is a dyke and should of been ejected.

Popps
11-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Wow, pretty embarrassing for the school. Imagine if one of those victims out there was your daughter.

I've got no problem with rough sports... on level playing field, but that's just cheap, dirty play. (Obviously.)

Pretty sad what's happened to scholastic sports where this **** is tolerated.

easymobee
11-06-2009, 01:35 AM
We could use this kind of attitude. :rofl:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNmPybFK2_o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNmPybFK2_o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reminds me of Romo a little.

I'd Hit It ......

elsid13
11-06-2009, 02:09 AM
There is playing tough and physical and there is playing out of control and over the line. She crossed the line and should be suspend for the 6 to 8 games next season.

RhymesayersDU
11-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Wow, pretty embarrassing for the school. Imagine if one of those victims out there was your daughter.

I've got no problem with rough sports... on level playing field, but that's just cheap, dirty play. (Obviously.)

Pretty sad what's happened to scholastic sports where this **** is tolerated.

UNM is nothing but embarrassments.

From the Locksley thing (football coach punching an assistant a la Tom Cable) to this, UNM's new gimmick might be the dirtiest sports program in the country.

loborugger
11-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Woof, woof, woof.

Since it was done against BYU, its ok. :thumbsup:

ColoradoBuff
11-06-2009, 07:14 AM
BYU has some HOTT soccer players!

Kaylore
11-06-2009, 08:24 AM
byu has some hott women!

fyp.

Smiling Assassin27
11-06-2009, 08:26 AM
I'd Hit It ......

obviously, she'd hit you back...early and often. if that was my daughter, i'd be having a long talk with her, come Christmas break.

gyldenlove
11-06-2009, 09:36 AM
It is soccer, it is a contact sport, if you want to cry go play golf or tennis.

Seriously though, that was vicious, I have never in all my days seen such poor refereeing and I have been involved in my share of poorly refereed games.

atomicbloke
11-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Let's go Lobos Woof Woof Woof

PS... I hate BYU

underrated29
11-06-2009, 10:16 AM
lol.

I love that after that one play she kicked the ball right into that girls head. effing awesome.

But if i was one of those girls, i would have "Falcon punched" the baby maker. See if she tries pulling that stunt with me again.

DomCasual
11-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Let's go Lobos Woof Woof Woof

PS... I hate BYU

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJpz_TYIO54&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJpz_TYIO54&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

loborugger
11-06-2009, 11:13 AM
fyp.

Negative rep me again, Kaylore, and I will drop you like that chick with the ponytail...

Ha!

gyldenlove
11-06-2009, 11:22 AM
obviously, she'd hit you back...early and often. if that was my daughter, i'd be having a long talk with her, come Christmas break.

Honestly, I would be happy to have a daughter who can take care of herself, especially if she is at a redneck academy like New Mexico.

bronco0608
11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
How is this any different than what LaGarret Blount did at Oregon? Every single one of those hits were cheapshots.

jacob2125
11-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I'd watch it if I were her. I know if I were gonna be playing against her and I saw this vid I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to take out her ass. Legally of course ;D

24champ
11-06-2009, 12:02 PM
It's a dirty game alright...;D

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/heraldextra.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/9/ca/64f/9ca64f31-e5cc-51a4-a293-dff7c281ac3f.image.jpg?_dc=1257494575

JCMElway
11-06-2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705342645/New-Mexico-womens-soccer-player-suspended-indefinitely.html?linkTrack=rss-32

New Mexico women's soccer player suspended indefinitely

University of New Mexico head women's soccer coach Kit Vela announced Friday that junior defender Elizabeth Lambert has been suspended indefinitely for her actions in Thursday's match against BYU in the semifinals of the Mountain West Conference Championship in Provo.

Effective immediately, Lambert is prohibited from participating in all team practices, competition and conditioning activities.

"I am deeply and wholeheartedly regretful for my actions," said Lambert. "My actions were uncalled for. I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation. I take full responsibility for my actions and accept any punishment felt necessary from the coaching staff and UNM administration.

"This is in no way indicative of my character or the soccer player that I am. I am sorry to my coaches and teammates for any and all damages I have brought upon them. I am especially sorry to BYU and the BYU women's soccer players who were personally affected by my actions. I have the utmost respect for the BYU women's soccer program and its players."

The physical play made highlight rounds on ESPN Thursday, (viewable here on a YouTube link), with show hosts and one soccer analyst talking about various questionable plays of the match.

"Liz is a quality student-athlete, but in this instance her actions clearly crossed the line of fair play and good sportsmanship," said Vela.

"Liz's conduct on the field against BYU was completely inappropriate," said UNM Vice President for Athletics Paul Krebs. "There is no way to defend her actions."

atomicbloke
11-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Honestly, I would be happy to have a daughter who can take care of herself, especially if she is at a redneck academy like New Mexico.

What an idiot. Making some of the statement without knowing anything about it.

Check out the medical physics research going on at UNM.

loborugger
11-06-2009, 12:26 PM

Or the fact that UNM is the most liberal, PC college in the Southwest. But, never let the facts get in the way of a good story or ignorance keep you from speaking your mind.

atomicbloke
11-06-2009, 12:32 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJpz_TYIO54&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJpz_TYIO54&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ugh... that almost made me puke.... ROFL!

gyldenlove
11-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Oh yeah, ranked 382 in the world, what a quality institution. As for Medicual physics, they aren't even CAMPEP approved.

broncocalijohn
11-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Yeah! You know it isnt like New Town, North Dakota !Booya!
BTW: You notice someone from Denmark (way over in Europe) called out your town.

24champ
11-06-2009, 12:57 PM
BYU has some HOTT soccer players!

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/I-can-t--I-m-mormon-mormons-332318_400_400.jpg

DomCasual
11-06-2009, 01:02 PM
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/I-can-t--I-m-mormon-mormons-332318_400_400.jpg

I think you have that picture plastered to the ceiling above your bed.

And this disturbs me.

Smiling Assassin27
11-06-2009, 01:03 PM

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/heraldextra.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/9/ca/64f/9ca64f31-e5cc-51a4-a293-dff7c281ac3f.image.jpg?_dc=1257494575

wow. just wow.

Smiling Assassin27
11-06-2009, 01:06 PM

taking care of herself is one thing. violating all standards of fair play and sportsmanship is quite another. hard nosed play is fine, but hair pulling is over the line and so is punching someone in the back--and I'm a lifelong rugby player. she embarrassed herself out there, and she needs to understand, while the price is still relatively small, that those tactics and that mindset won't cut it.

24champ
11-06-2009, 01:24 PM
I think you have that picture plastered to the ceiling above your bed.

And this disturbs me.

The only thing that is on the ceiling above my bed are mirrors.:wave:

atomicbloke
11-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Oh yeah, ranked 382 in the world, what a quality institution. As for Medicual physics, they aren't even CAMPEP approved.

As a PhD, you must know how much rankings matter for niche sciences.

All I am saying is that there is some really good research going on at UNM. It is far from some redneck university that you make it out to be. It actually has a very liberal student and faculty populace.

atomicbloke
11-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah! You know it isnt like New Town, North Dakota !Booya!
BTW: You notice someone from Denmark (way over in Europe) called out your town.

I fail to understand the point and logic of your post.

What does him being from Europe have to do with anything? I grew up in the Netherlands too, so I don't understand what you are saying.

gyldenlove
11-06-2009, 02:01 PM
taking care of herself is one thing. violating all standards of fair play and sportsmanship is quite another. hard nosed play is fine, but hair pulling is over the line and so is punching someone in the back--and I'm a lifelong rugby player. she embarrassed herself out there, and she needs to understand, while the price is still relatively small, that those tactics and that mindset won't cut it.

Lets be honest, her chances of making it to the Olympics or anything similar were small to non-existant to begin with, this may be her last chance at winning something significant.

I am not arguing that she went over the line, the hair pulling alone should have landed her a red card.

Fair play is honestly overrated in competitive sports, I understand there should be a measure of fair play, but in competitive sports fair play often clashes with optimizing your chances of winning and at the end of the day that is what people pay for, that is why the school employs a coach, that is what the fans pay for and that is what all the other students pay for in that little obscure fee they pay to varsity sports.

Hypothetical situation, the Hochuli debacle from last season. From a fair play point of view Cutler should just have taken a knee to run out the time after Hochuli ****ed up that call. We can all agree that the call was blatantly wrong and it was obvious to everybody and their dog, so the only fair thing to do is to ensure that the mistake doesn't change the outcome of the game.
However I am sure that if that had happened the NFL would have a thing or two to say about it, and they probably wouldn't involve the words, good, fair or play.

In competitive sports you have a duty and an obligation to try to the best of your ability to win within the rules of the game as it is being officiated.

We see it on almost every single snap in the NFL the center looks down before he snaps that ball, that is false start and a 5 yard penalty according to the rulebook, but the game is not officiated that way so the center can do it, even though it is against the rules.

gyldenlove
11-06-2009, 02:02 PM
As a PhD, you must know how much rankings matter for niche sciences.

All I am saying is that there is some really good research going on at UNM. It is far from some redneck university that you make it out to be. It actually has a very liberal student and faculty populace.

I retract the word redneck then.

Rabb
11-06-2009, 02:06 PM

I call that move "the clam slam"

cmhargrove
11-06-2009, 02:07 PM
it's a dirty game alright...;d

ballz!

Abqbronco
11-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Lets be honest, her chances of making it to the Olympics or anything similar were small to non-existant to begin with, this may be her last chance at winning something significant.

I am not arguing that she went over the line, the hair pulling alone should have landed her a red card.

Fair play is honestly overrated in competitive sports, I understand there should be a measure of fair play, but in competitive sports fair play often clashes with optimizing your chances of winning and at the end of the day that is what people pay for, that is why the school employs a coach, that is what the fans pay for and that is what all the other students pay for in that little obscure fee they pay to varsity sports.

Hypothetical situation, the Hochuli debacle from last season. From a fair play point of view Cutler should just have taken a knee to run out the time after Hochuli ****ed up that call. We can all agree that the call was blatantly wrong and it was obvious to everybody and their dog, so the only fair thing to do is to ensure that the mistake doesn't change the outcome of the game.
However I am sure that if that had happened the NFL would have a thing or two to say about it, and they probably wouldn't involve the words, good, fair or play.

In competitive sports you have a duty and an obligation to try to the best of your ability to win within the rules of the game as it is being officiated.

We see it on almost every single snap in the NFL the center looks down before he snaps that ball, that is false start and a 5 yard penalty according to the rulebook, but the game is not officiated that way so the center can do it, even though it is against the rules.

What? You're comparing taking advantage of a blown call to out and out dirty play? Hell, lets give the o-line razor blades to cut the d-line a little. As long as they don't get caught. They are obligated to do everything they can to win right? Fair play being overrated and all.

You have made some very ignorant statements in this thread. You... Are an arrogant idiot.

Back on topic. UNM has had a series of embarrassing situations over the past few months. The football program has reached an all time low and this woman's actions are horrible. Hopefully the AD gets a grip on the entire athletic population quickly. I hate to see my "redneck academy" in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

Rocket 7
11-06-2009, 03:43 PM
I hope she tranfers to the football team. Katie Hnida only kicked the ball. Elizabeth Lambert would kick some ass.

elsid13
11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Why did the coach not pull her? It not like the she didn't see what was happening. There more blame to go around then just on the player.

atomicbloke
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Why did the coach not pull her? It not like the she didn't see what was happening. There more blame to go around then just on the player.

I think the coach had used up all 3 substitutions.

Popps
11-06-2009, 04:31 PM
From a fair play point of view Cutler should just have taken a knee to run out the time after Hochuli ****ed up that call. .

So, a missed call is more or less the same as someone attempting to snap another defenseless person's neck from behind?

Let's see, one could have ended in paralysis... and the other in a turnover on downs.

Pretty much the same thing. I get it.

elsid13
11-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I think the coach had used up all 3 substitutions.

So. She could of pulled her over to sideline and still given her tongue lashing. She didn't need to substitute for her. The coach and refs are also fault here.

Pony Boy
11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
So. She could of pulled her over to sideline and still given her tongue lashing. She didn't need to substitute for her. The coach and refs are also fault here.

Yep, she looks like she would enloy a good tongue lashing..... :rofl:

Sodak
11-06-2009, 05:35 PM
I think BOTH teams should lose if the score is 1-0. Lame.

RMT
11-06-2009, 06:34 PM
if the coach wanted to do the right thing and had used up all of her substitutions, she still should have yanked that player's ass off the field and let her team finish the game one player short.

had the coach done that, perhaps the player's suspension would have been less severe.

Bronx33
11-06-2009, 07:01 PM
15 is one nasty bitch.

gyldenlove
11-06-2009, 07:29 PM
So, a missed call is more or less the same as someone attempting to snap another defenseless person's neck from behind?

Let's see, one could have ended in paralysis... and the other in a turnover on downs.

Pretty much the same thing. I get it.

I don't know where got your MD but you should ask for a refund.

When was the last time you heard of someone suffering paralysis from having their hair pulled? I don't know if you have been drinking, I really hope so because that comment is beneath your normal level of intellect.

Popps
11-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't know where got your MD but you should ask for a refund.

When was the last time you heard of someone suffering paralysis from having their hair pulled? I don't know if you have been drinking, I really hope so because that comment is beneath your normal level of intellect.

Dude, an unsuspecting female having her head yanked at an odd angle backwards so forcefully that it rips her to the ground is dangerous, and yea... probably dangerous enough to cause neck/spinal damage in the right situation.

It's not remotely comparable to a ref blowing a call on a fumble in a pro sports game.

If we're going to discuss intellect, let's begin by using analogies properly.

~Crash~
11-06-2009, 09:22 PM
I'd Hit It ......

so the chick that hits her in the tit is fine you guys need to open your eyes they were cheap shoting her first just like a morman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Crash~
11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Dude, an unsuspecting female having her head yanked at an odd angle backwards so forcefully that it rips her to the ground is dangerous, and yea... probably dangerous enough to cause neck/spinal damage in the right situation.

It's not remotely comparable to a ref blowing a call on a fumble in a pro sports game.

If we're going to discuss intellect, let's begin by using analogies properly.

look at the **** the lady that got her hair pulled . hope she still has a head ack

~Crash~
11-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Mormons suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every stink en one of them

~Crash~
11-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Kaylor would respond but he is out looking for a wagon train of settlers to shoot

ZONA
11-06-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm all for physical play but this chick goes way overboard. Doing those kinds of stunts gets you kicked out of games and what good are you to your team then? Usually the people that cheat that obvious are doing so to make up for their lack of talent. They're pissed that everybody is better then they are.

Rocket 7
11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Kaylor would respond but he is out looking for a wagon train of settlers to shoot

Don't be an ass. PM him if you have a problem.

Sodak
11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Now that I think of it, I might actually watch soccer *shudder* if there were more girls like that on the teams.

DomCasual
11-06-2009, 11:14 PM
so the chick that hits her in the tit is fine you guys need to open your eyes they were cheap shoting her first just like a morman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound so dumb when you disparage a whole group of people with such a ridiculous generalization. When you do it by misspelling their name, then adding all those exclamation points - well, it's just rich. :rofl:

Rocket 7
11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
You sound so dumb when you disparage a whole group of people with such a ridiculous generalization. When you do it by misspelling their name, then adding all those exclamation points - well, it's just rich. :rofl:

What a douche. He couldn't be a bigger asshole.

WABronco
11-06-2009, 11:28 PM
I WANT CRIMINAL CHARGES.

Whatevs...this and the black-body-paint costume can go to hell, cuz that's where irrelevant faux offensive news belongs.

Kind of a joke that the ref/line judge didn't see anything, because that player should've been ejected long before.

Pony Boy
11-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Now that I think of it, I might actually watch soccer *shudder* if there were more girls like that on the teams.

Most of those girls all eat at the Y and they enjoy the punching and hair pulling and when soccer is over they will become lady wrestlers....

Sodak
11-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Most of those girls all eat at the Y and they enjoy the punching and hair pulling and when soccer is over they will become lady wrestlers....

Even better. Awesome. :thumbsup:

Kaylore
11-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Crash has a crush on me. :curtsey:

Bronx33
11-07-2009, 09:52 AM

Now that right there is some serious talent.

Bronx33
11-07-2009, 09:55 AM

Congrats on being an idiot.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-07-2009, 12:53 PM
I just love that this was done to BYU (mormon) players!

Br0nc0Buster
11-07-2009, 12:53 PM
screw that *****, she wants to play like that, put her on the mens rugby team and see how rough she wants to play

seriously yanking hair is bush league

Br0nc0Buster
11-07-2009, 12:55 PM
BTW am I the only one who doesnt think Crash's first language is English?

Half the time I dont know what he is talking about

~Crash~
11-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Congrats on being an idiot.

Thank you . Mormons treated me and my wife like dirt growing up . So I take it you are a Mormon and are completing a circle .

~Crash~
11-07-2009, 08:12 PM

Try this one on for size kiss my ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Crash~
11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I love how you guys think it was one person only doing cheap assed crap . Mormons a the biggest bunch of people I have ever seen gang up on people I have ever seen and that is a fact !

Kaylore
11-07-2009, 08:48 PM

I'm glad all the bigots are coming out of the woodwork. It let's everyone see you guys for who you are. This will also make it easier for me to take anything you guys say seriously.:thumbsup:

broncocalijohn
11-07-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm glad all the bigots are coming out of the woodwork. It let's everyone see you guys for who you are. This will also make it easier for me to take anything you guys say seriously.:thumbsup:

they can hate who they want, but the problem is that they would go against the grain based on their personal feelings of a group. It was obvious the beatch had the suspension coming and was wrong on every level. They root for the villian because they would love to do that themselves. You never know that possibly that chick feels the same way and playing a Mormon school (not all the players are Mormon) is where she decided to go for the kill.
Hope those with those feelings are never in power as a cop, judge, etc.

DomCasual
11-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Thank you . Mormons treated me and my wife like dirt growing up . So I take it you are a Mormon and are completing a circle .

Well, to be fair, you come across as sort of an idiot with comments like this. Maybe they were treating you like dirt because of that?

Here's a thought. Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-black area, and black people will "treat you like dirt."

Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-Russian Orthodox area, and Russian Orthodox people will "treat you like dirt."

Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-homosexual area, and homosexuals will "treat you like dirt."

Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-Catholic area, and Catholics will "treat you like dirt."

Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-Jewish area, and Jewish people will "treat you like dirt."

You see where I'm going with this?

Mormons, like any group, are far from perfect. But you acting like you act and calling them out is rich with irony.

DomCasual
11-07-2009, 11:06 PM

Did he change his moniker? Honestly, for a guy with 4K+ posts, I don't have any idea who he is.

s0phr0syne
11-07-2009, 11:08 PM
People need to use "moniker" more...

Kaylore
11-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Hope those with those feelings are never in power as a cop, judge, etc.

They always will be. I think you can try as a society, and we have laws in place to protect attacking someone based on race, sex, age, religion, disability, etc. That doesn't change that people are going to get into position where they will use their hatred of a particular group of people to abuse their position. It's just how people are.

I will say there is a disturbing rise in attacks on religion in general, and perhaps more disturbing is how many people are ok with it. There are a lot of people on this site who literally want to cause physical harm to not just specific religious groups, but religion in general. This thread has several instances of people taking the time to post that they enjoyed seeing a woman attacked because she was LDS. You can imagine what they think privately to themselves or to like-minded people is even more violent and disturbing. And that's just the ones who don't like people who are LDS. For every one of those there is a Catholic, protestant, Muslim, Jewish basher. And yes, Jews are also an ethnic group, but the core of the bashing is rooted in religious intolerance.

And true to form. This site allows religion bashing to go on on the front page. I usually stick up for the mods around here, but their take on ripping on any religion is to let stand, even when it's off topic because "it's a choice." There are a ton of other threads on other beliefs that stay on the front page to allow it to be torn to shreds.

As any member of the LDS faith that has grown up outside Utah, we are used to it, but I do find it interesting that so many people these days want to attack faith so much and don't consider it under the protected status that the US and state laws do. It's just a sign of the times.

I personally predict that violence against religion will continue to escalate, and the irony will be that the people perpetuating the hatred of faith will use faith as a reason to justify it. "Religions cause war so we're going to attack you." How many times have you heard that sophistry or something similar to bash away at someone? It's just how things are these days.

atomicbloke
11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
And true to form. This site allows religion bashing to go on on the front page. I usually stick up for the mods around here, but their take on ripping on any religion is to let stand, even when it's off topic because "it's a choice." There are a ton of other threads on other beliefs that stay on the front page to allow it to be torn to shreds.

I can attest to this.

There was a very offensive thread about native americans, with one poster making blatant sweeping generalizations about native americans.

I reported it to Taco, and he replied saying it was ok.

In fact, broncocalijohn tried ribbing me for that in this very thread a few posts ago.

I guess the doctrine about not making sweeping generalizations about an ethnic group only apply to some groups, but some groups are fair game.

BroncoMan4ever
11-07-2009, 11:53 PM
She should have been ejected from that game. The officiating was ****ing pathetic. I would refuse to play UNM if she suited up if I was a college soccer coach.

forget the officiating. why did no one retaliate on her all day? i mean i know some contact is to be expected, it is a sport afterall, but if someone nearly tears your head off retaliation should be automatic. there were at least 4 separate incidents in that video where a BYU player could have gotten up and punched her face in and no one would have faulted her for doing it.

BroncoMan4ever
11-07-2009, 11:57 PM

who gives a **** about the religion or the religion of the region where the BYU soccer players come from?

they are athletes, i don't give a damn if they are mormon, christian, jewish, catholic, satanists or just athiests, why should religion matter? believe whatever you want, i just say religious or not, someone from BYU should have knocked the **** out of that girl

uplink
11-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Jeepers.

She'd be a handfull in bed. No thanks, she is a dyke and should of been ejected.

she isn't too bad looking. I think I'm not going out on a limb saying that it not that uncommon for men to get turned on watching women fight a bit as long as no one gets hurt. I'm being serious, why is this? Do women enjoy watching men go at it?

~Crash~
11-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Well, to be fair, you come across as sort of an idiot with comments like this. Maybe they were treating you like dirt because of that?

Here's a thought. Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-black area, and black people will "treat you like dirt."

Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-Russian Orthodox area, and Russian Orthodox people will "treat you like dirt."

Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-homosexual area, and homosexuals will "treat you like dirt."

Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-Catholic area, and Catholics will "treat you like dirt."

Grow up an idiot in a predominantly-Jewish area, and Jewish people will "treat you like dirt."

You see where I'm going with this?

Mormons, like any group, are far from perfect. But you acting like you act and calling them out is rich with irony.

Nope I tuned out and stayed the hell away from them and by the way I really doubt I was rude to them like you say 220 of them to I so try again . My wife not so lucky she got ganged up on and beat up quite regally oh before you talk bad of my wife know this she is a quite person and is a very nice person! No I don't see your point Mormons are a-holes and single out people . kind of like what you are doing right now a-hole.

I have a million reason why I should sue the area I went to school at all because I was not the right religion for the area

~Crash~
11-08-2009, 10:13 AM
who gives a **** about the religion or the religion of the region where the BYU soccer players come from?

they are athletes, i don't give a damn if they are mormon, christian, jewish, catholic, satanists or just athiests, why should religion matter? believe whatever you want, i just say religious or not, someone from BYU should have knocked the **** out of that girl

"religious" lol what a word. that word has killed just how many people with no consequences

broncocalijohn
11-08-2009, 12:27 PM
I can attest to this.

There was a very offensive thread about native americans, with one poster making blatant sweeping generalizations about native americans.

I reported it to Taco, and he replied saying it was ok.

In fact, broncocalijohn tried ribbing me for that in this very thread a few posts ago.
I guess the doctrine about not making sweeping generalizations about an ethnic group only apply to some groups, but some groups are fair game.

No, I ripped on New Town, N. Dakota because we were both in that thread and it would seem that New Town is a hell hole by those that live there. The rip had nothing to do with Indians but how bad the town is. I am also taking it on the opinion of those that have been there since I never have been there. There is also a lot of sarcasm and remarks made based on inside jokes of other threads here. In that post on this thread, I never ripped you or Indians just that town. Just like it was ok for Gyld to rip on your town (or school).

DomCasual
11-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Nope I tuned out and stayed the hell away from them and by the way I really doubt I was rude to them like you say 220 of them to I so try again . My wife not so lucky she got ganged up on and beat up quite regally oh before you talk bad of my wife know this she is a quite person and is a very nice person! No I don't see your point Mormons are a-holes and single out people . kind of like what you are doing right now a-hole.

I have a million reason why I should sue the area I went to school at all because I was not the right religion for the area

Let's review how you've been "singled out."

This is a thread about an incident that had nothing to do with religion. No one mentioned religion, until you started whining about how mean Mormons are to you.

Unprovoked, these are your comments - all in separate posts - in this thread:

Mormons suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every stink en one of them
I love how you guys think it was one person only doing cheap assed crap . Mormons a the biggest bunch of people I have ever seen gang up on people I have ever seen and that is a fact !
Mormons are a-holes and single out people.

Yeah, you sound like quite a victim.:rofl:

I'm sure the "Mormans" are all out to get you.

Bronx33
11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Nice research dom some folks simply don't remember wtf they post..

FantomForce
11-09-2009, 07:28 AM
[QUOTE=DomCasual;2633522]Let's review how you've been "singled out."

This is a thread about an incident that had nothing to do with religion. No one mentioned religion, until you started whining about how mean Mormons are to you.

Tried to read your comments and come up with a idea of where you were coming from crash but I couldn't quite complete the circle, or um cycle

Abqbronco
11-09-2009, 04:46 PM
forget the officiating. why did no one retaliate on her all day? i mean i know some contact is to be expected, it is a sport afterall, but if someone nearly tears your head off retaliation should be automatic. there were at least 4 separate incidents in that video where a BYU player could have gotten up and punched her face in and no one would have faulted her for doing it.

Maybe it's because they have a different view on things like that and consider that type of play immoral. Maybe they have far higher standards and retaliation goes against those standards. I'll take the higher standards.

Cito Pelon
11-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Why oh why did I click on this thread.

DomCasual
11-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Let's review how you've been "singled out."

Lots of Crash's inflammatory, unprovoked attacks snipped...

Yeah, you sound like quite a victim.:rofl:

I'm sure the "Mormans" are all out to get you.

Well, the poor little fellow sent me a negative REP over this post. And this, after I had sent him positive REP a couple times earlier in the thread.

He apparently isn't a big fan of constructive feedback. ???

Bronx33
11-14-2009, 09:28 AM
here is a fresh Idea **** you mother ****er

thanks for the rep crash..