PDA

View Full Version : Important Questions F/Baltimore Game:

Vegas_Bronco
11-03-2009, 11:31 PM
So, I missed some of the game on Sunday and I have a few questions that you guys who were watching or DVR the game might answer and then a few that just seem downright common sense:

1) The opening of the 2nd half we see a KR for a TD. Was it Peyton Hillis who missed the first tackle. Looked like #26 had a shot too, but I can't make out who the first guy is that downright whiffs on the diving tackle.

2) How long will we keep our ST coach?

3) Orton question: Why oh why does this guy take the sack in the worst possible situations. I can't help but notice that he plays a little stupid on the blitz when they obviously bring more in the box than we have blockers. He takes a sack in the worst situations too. Isn't there a quick check on every play that he can at least throw at their feet to avoid the sack? Josh is a QB coach and we shouldn't see this at this point in the season.

4) Why pump fake to your man before you throw it? Orton has the worst habit of showing the defense where the ball is going before he throws it to Moreno...he pump fakes to the screen man on a screen!!! Killing me! He did this against Dallas on Moreno's TD grab. Is there anyone close to McD that can get the bug in his ear?

5) If you could summarize what happened to our offense in the 1st and 2nd half, in one sentence? Just a general answer....7 points in the entire game is horrible and shouldn't be happening this late in the season or after a 'bye' week.

6) Dawkins looked awful on the highlight reel in this game...nearly ever man he covered was 5-7 yards wide open. He plays really physical which is great in Run Defense but isn't always under control which can lead to some big gains. I'm wondering how good he really is in coverage...anyone?

7) Andre Goodman...here is the question: Is he any more reliable than Dre Bly? Better or worse?

....sorry for the negative sided questions...I hate Baltimore about as much as the Fade.

snowspot66
11-04-2009, 12:42 AM
1.) Don't know. Don't have anyway to look at it.

2.) Probably the rest of the year.

3.) What sack are you referring to? He hasn't taken tons of bad sacks at all this year. The one in Cincinnati was the absolute worst and even that one is debatable.

4.) Don't know. But I haven't noticed it. Lots of reasons he might have pump faked. Not just for the sake of trying to fake the defense. He's a Pro QB. I'm sure he knows the purpose of a pump fake.

5.) We didn't block for **** and you can't score if you don't block.

6.) Dawkins seemed fine to me for the most part. We had guys out of position on a few plays. Just didn't execute well. Still didn't play bad on D. Played pretty decent actually.

7.) He's better than Bly and cheaper but when you have Champ on the other side you'll always be the goat on the highlight reels.

Popps
11-04-2009, 01:40 AM
Our special teams have been up and down. Our coverage was really solid early in the season, but two runbacks in two weeks is just unacceptable. We have a lot of young guys out there, but this **** has to be addressed.

We probably would have still had trouble, but take away that 2nd half kickoff return, and who knows how that game plays out.

We're not the type of team that can absorb those kinds of plays. They need to stop.

Popps
11-04-2009, 01:43 AM
5) If you could summarize what happened to our offense in the 1st and 2nd half, in one sentence? Just a general answer....7 points in the entire game is horrible and shouldn't be happening this late in the season or after a 'bye' week. .

B's front 7 was dominant. NFL Network had a segment tonight on the game. (Playbook, I think.) They basically broke down our offensive plays and showed the repeated pressure on Orton. Almost every throw, he was hit or rushed. It was just brutal. I'm not sure how we went from protecting him so well, to such a disaster in one week... but it was horrible.

Conversely, I love Doom... but these are the games where you'd like to see him make a play, and he really couldn't do much. No one could, for us.

I'm not sure that you can make that much of this game, though. IMO, Baltimore will be competing for a title game, again... and we're a growing team. They were in do or die mode, and we sort of flew in after the bye week expecting to go through the motions.

On another weekend, this game might have played out differently.