PDA

View Full Version : It was bound to happen

crawdad
11-03-2009, 12:53 PM
I quote directly from the FOX sports power ranking page.

" It was bound to happen. The skeptics were waiting patiently the past few weeks for the Broncos to come back to reality. But don't kick too much dirt on 'em, it's never a good idea to overreact to one game win or loss. They faced a Ravens team sporting "mad dog" syndrome, coming off three straight tough losses and a bye week to think about it. Now the SB champs come to town Monday, so get ready to either jump on or off the bandwagon next"

I, for one, am on board with Josh and the team. I would not want to come into Mile High and play Denver next week.

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 12:58 PM
I quote directly from the FOX sports power ranking page.

" It was bound to happen. The skeptics were waiting patiently the past few weeks for the Broncos to come back to reality. But don't kick too much dirt on 'em, it's never a good idea to overreact to one game win or loss. They faced a Ravens team sporting "mad dog" syndrome, coming off three straight tough losses and a bye week to think about it. Now the SB champs come to town Monday, so get ready to either jump on or off the bandwagon next"

I, for one, am on board with Josh and the team. I would not want to come into Mile High and play Denver next week.

brian dawkins is gonna be pissed coming off that loss.

atomicbloke
11-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Unfortunately, the Steelers are coming off a bye week too.... not making any excuses, but the Broncos do have a really hard schedule this year.....

jhns
11-03-2009, 12:59 PM
It will be interesting to see how the team responds to the first ass-kicking. It will be even more interesting to see what Josh does against an equally good defense that could easily do what the Ravens did.

crawdad
11-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately, the Steelers are coming off a bye week too.... not making any excuses, but the Broncos do have a really hard schedule this year.....

That makes it all the more important for us to succeed. Pitt is coming out of a malaize. aka sleepy time.

BroncoMan4ever
11-03-2009, 01:02 PM
screw the haters, Denver is a damn good team, and are going to get revenge for the Baltimore game, against Pittsburgh

enjolras
11-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Are there any stats about how teams do coming off of the bye? Just from anecdotal experience it seems that it's more harmful than helpful.

crawdad
11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Are there any stats about how teams do coming off of the bye? Just from anecdotal experience it seems that it's more harmful than helpful.

I am sure there are but I don't know where to find them.

_Oro_
11-03-2009, 01:12 PM
There's a link running around that says basically there's no advantage.

Tombstone RJ
11-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm banking on a Bronco's victory. We all knew they were going to lose sooner or later and the Ravens just flat out played the Broncos. I don't see the stellers out playing the Broncos.

broncocalijohn
11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
we beat this team at home when our defense sucked. No reason our team cant be ready to play on MN and in front of an excited crowd.

UberBroncoMan
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I'll say it. We beat Pitt and we're in the playoffs.

I simply can't see how we go 7-1 and then miss the playoffs... but with 4 hand-me games in 2 KC 1 Oak, 1 Wash. We have realistic shots of beating San Diego and the Giants at home too.

Garcia Bronco
11-03-2009, 01:39 PM

It's the luck of the draw. But if we can make it through and get in the playoffs we'll be battle tested like no other team out there, IMO.

Garcia Bronco
11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
I'll say it. We beat Pitt and we're in the playoffs.

I simply can't see how we go 7-1 and then miss the playoffs... but with 4 hand-me games in 2 KC 1 Oak, 1 Wash. We have realistic shots of beating San Diego and the Giants at home too.

That Washington defense is pretty good. Their stregth will meet our weakness.

crawdad
11-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Are you talking about their secondary?

Ambiguous
11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
That Washington defense is pretty good. Their stregth will meet our weakness.

They still have to score points to beat us. Can you imagine the meltdown our D would have to go through to get in a shootout with these guys?

crawdad
11-03-2009, 01:53 PM
They still have to score points to beat us. Can you imagine the meltdown our D would have to go through to get in a shootout with these guys?

I agree 1000%

DenverBound
11-03-2009, 03:52 PM

I approve this. :approve:

Doggcow
11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
It's the luck of the draw. But if we can make it through and get in the playoffs we'll be battle tested like no other team out there, IMO.

Yep, the last 4 weeks have been a playoff calibur schedule... 3-1 was solid practice.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 04:05 PM
At the time the scheduale was released I figured we would lose @ SD, Baltimore, Pittsburg, Giants, @Indy, and @Philly and go 10-6 and win the west. We are one ahead of that so I guess I shouldn't bitchhh. Pitt is very possible but will be a bonus IMO!