PDA

View Full Version : bears fans are funny

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 09:13 AM
http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1883814.aspx

they have reverted from cutler will save the day to cutler didnt lose this game for us. :giggle:

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 09:15 AM
I agree. Cutler did exactly what the coaches asked him to do. He threw the ball away and took sacks instead of forcing the ball into coverage. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done. That means somtimes we take 3 FGs in the red zone instead of mabye a pick or two and a TD. It's ugly, but it can win you games. He also got the crap beat out of him and he kept on coming back. He seems like a tough SOB which I like.

he just described EVERYTHING orton ever did in chicago, yet orton still gets flamed there, but cutler is chicago qb god because of it. perception anyone?

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 09:16 AM
and from another thread by a bears fan who is facing reality of their situation:

Bears record against teams with winning records, 1-3
Bears record against teams with losing records, 3-0
Our highpoint of the year so far appears to be the week two victory over the Steelers. Considering Pitt shanked two FG's, was probably having a SB hangover and has now won 4 in a row, this is looking more like a lucky win...one of those games where we didn't beat the other team, but we did win the game. I doubt if we could beat the Steelers again if we had to play them now. I'll take those wins any day, but our overall record of 4-3 is not really indicative of a team ready to kick butt, take names, and roll into the playoffs.

However, Offense...ugh, what a train wreck...again. Our offense is really schizophrenic this season. Against the bottom feeders of DET, SEA and CLE, it is averaging 34.3 pts per game. However, against teams with winning records, it plunges...really struggling to score with only a 13.5 pts per game average. As of this morning, it is ranked 20th in the league, however this is skewed a bit because of the prolific output against those weaker teams...the reality is it is probably about 24-25, which is where I estimate it will finish when the season is over. You're not gonna go far in the playoffs if you can't score.

Mogulseeker
11-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Cutler's numbers were very similar to Rex Grossman's numbers vs. Tennessee last season. The board was filled with hate that day and to think Tennessee had a top 5 defense on the field and our o-line was just as bad.
Only difference is that the media now points blame to the o-line instead of the qb.

At least someone knows how to call it like it is.

Taco John
11-03-2009, 09:32 AM
obsessed with bear boards, eh.

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 09:33 AM
yes taco, obsessed. good call.

Taco John
11-03-2009, 09:42 AM
yes taco, obsessed. good call.

Well carry on then.

BroncoInferno
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Ha! You aren't fooling anyone, Taco.

Taco John
11-03-2009, 09:47 AM

I wouldn't even be interested in trying to.

Eldorado
11-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I'll admit it. I'm obsessed with where our 1st round pick will be next year.

BroncoInferno
11-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't even be interested in trying to.

You know damn well what kind of crap you'd be posting if Cutler weren't playing like ass.

DenverBrit
11-03-2009, 09:50 AM

As if you didn't start the whining and b*tching with your 'Gutless drunk' thread. Ha!

Taco John
11-03-2009, 09:55 AM
You know damn well what kind of crap you'd be posting if Cutler weren't playing like ass.

I think regardless of how Cutler is playing, it's going to be easy for critics to make the argument that this team is one Cutler away from being a top tier team in this league - and further, I think you'll see that case in the media more and more as we get closer to January.

You won't see me making that case though, because I find it as irrelevant. We don't have Cutler. We have Orton. It's up to Josh to find ways to win with Orton right now; not Cutler.

Taco John
11-03-2009, 09:55 AM
As if you didn't start the whining and b*tching with your 'Gutless drunk' thread. Ha!

That was about Bowlen/Shanahan. Not Cutler.

What does that have to do with tsi's obsession over Cutler? The guy is still trolling bears boards, despite our team being 6-1 right now.

BroncoInferno
11-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I think regardless of how Cutler is playing, it's going to be easy for critics to make the argument that this team is one Cutler away from being a top tier team in this league - and further, I think you'll see that case in the media more and more as we get closer to January.

You won't see me making that case though, because I find it as irrelevant. We don't have Cutler. We have Orton. It's up to Josh to find ways to win with Orton right now; not Cutler.

Anyone making that argument is retarded. Cutler ihas the same supporting cast that Orton did on offense and is actually playing worse.

And, yeah, we all know how you like to frame your opinions in such a way so that later, when they inevitably are shown to be wrong, you can claim they weren't your opinions at all. Us long time posters know the routine for what it is.

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM

What does that have to do with tsi's obsession over Cutler? The guy is still trolling bears boards, despite our team being 6-1 right now.

a. explain, again, how im obsessed because im interested in bears fans perceptions of our former QB?
b. you are aware we have their first round pick, and that is directly tied to how cutler is playing, right?
c. as opposed to being obsessed with how awful mcdaniels is and how he destroyed this team and how shanahan is the greatest thing ever, and bowlen is an idiot etc etc etc we know, you are always right taco.

DenverBrit
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM

Nothing to do with TSI's obsession.

But you have to admit, your Gutless thread began the incessant whining, the Cutler trade piled it on and here we are......still on course.

I hope Chicago fails miserably, but that has to do with draft position.

Gort
11-03-2009, 10:05 AM
http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1883814.aspx

they have reverted from cutler will save the day to cutler didnt lose this game for us. :giggle:

1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. acceptance

sounds like step 1.

sutoazul
11-03-2009, 10:06 AM
So taco you really think we would be 6-1 or better if Cutler was the Broncos' QB??

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 10:08 AM
1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. acceptance

sounds like step 1.

i started at 2, and quickly proceeded directly to 5, hell it may have even been joy that we dont have a whiner that refuses to take accountability for his actions and loses games as much as he wins them. orton may not be the answer, but cutler DEFINITELY never wins a championship, he cant go enough games in a row against great teams without throwing 2-4 picks.

Gort
11-03-2009, 10:15 AM
i started at 2, and quickly proceeded directly to 5, hell it may have even been joy that we dont have a whiner that refuses to take accountability for his actions and loses games as much as he wins them. orton may not be the answer, but cutler DEFINITELY never wins a championship, he cant go enough games in a row against great teams without throwing 2-4 picks.

it's just a matter of time until the Bears give up on Jay and he ends up in Oakland. 2011? 2012? 2013? of course, he'll get a HC or 2 fired in Chicago before that happens, but it's inevitable.

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 10:20 AM
it's just a matter of time until the Bears give up on Jay and he ends up in Oakland. 2011? 2012? 2013? of course, he'll get a HC or 2 fired in Chicago before that happens, but it's inevitable.

i really do think he will get lovie fired in chicago, especially if (when?) they dont make the playoffs this year. the next HC will almost certainly be an offensive coach, i dont think shanny will go as chicago is a much bigger rebuilding project then i think most people realize, they need a lot of help at WR, oline, DB and LB with urlacher always hurt.

would be cool to see him end up in oakland.

chex
11-03-2009, 10:58 AM
I think regardless of how Cutler is playing, it's going to be easy for critics to make the argument that this team is one Cutler away from being a top tier team in this league .

Nah.

If you said we're a QB with an arm like Cutler's away, then maybe I'd agree.

But to say Cutler, all in, no we are not.

chex
11-03-2009, 11:02 AM
he just described EVERYTHING orton ever did in chicago, yet orton still gets flamed there, but cutler is chicago qb god because of it. perception anyone?

I guess they felt they needed to spend 20 mil guaranteed and ship out alot of good draft picks to justify doing so.

BroncoMan4ever
11-03-2009, 11:30 AM

he described Orton's play here, but still some bitch and moan about how he isn't big mistake Jay

Williams
11-03-2009, 12:04 PM

How top tier do we need to be? We're a top 4 team according to these critics... but more importantly 6-1.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7016884077?Week%20Eight:%20Saints%20Atop%20'AHN%20 Top%20Ten'%20NFL%20Power%20Rankings%20For%20Third-Straight%20Week
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2009/11/03/weei-nfl-power-rankings-week-9/
(nothing from big sports networks yet, but last week we were "power ranked" @ #2 or 3)

I would make the argument Orton's mistake free play is part of the reason we are a top tier team at this point... and that we wouldn't be with Cutler.

Popps
11-03-2009, 12:15 PM

Oh, you didn't hear?

Yea, see... if you joke around about Cutler now, you really need to get a life.

That's the new mandate that's been handed down from the Jay-Gays who spent the entire off-season and part of this season bitching about him being gone, and obsessing about him day and night.

But, now that Jay is showing his true colors in Chicago... suddenly these people have all "moved on."

Ain't that something?

What a coincidence, huh?

Popps
11-03-2009, 12:20 PM
I think regardless of how Cutler is playing, it's going to be easy for critics to make the argument that this team is one Cutler away from being a top tier team in this league.

Wait, are you talking about the same "critics" that said we'd be horrible this year? The ones that said we'd be 3-13 and that Oakland could contend with us for the basement? Those critics?

Jamie Dukes?

The only thing we're one "Cutler away" from is being .500. No way he would have taken good enough care of the ball to win the Dallas/NE/SD games.

"Critics."

Hilarious!

Black96WS6
11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
So do you guys think Orton is the long term solution for Denver or will you look elsewhere next year?

Taco John
11-03-2009, 01:00 PM
But you have to admit, your Gutless thread began the incessant whining, the Cutler trade piled it on and here we are......still on course.

lol

Uh, no. I am not going to take responsibility for how anyone else reacted to the firing of Shanahan. That's ridiculous. I can take responsiblity for my own reaction, but everybody else gets to be responsible for themselves.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-03-2009, 01:00 PM
So do you guys think Orton is the long term solution for Denver or will you look elsewhere next year?

his 27-13 record says, to me at least, that he's a good quarterback.

As for his future... why can't we just focus on our 6-1 team and see what happens next? I'm far more interested in that.

Taco John
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Wait, are you talking about the same "critics" that said we'd be horrible this year? The ones that said we'd be 3-13 and that Oakland could contend with us for the basement? Those critics?

Jamie Dukes?

The only thing we're one "Cutler away" from is being .500. No way he would have taken good enough care of the ball to win the Dallas/NE/SD games.

"Critics."

Hilarious!

I didn't say that I agreed with them. Just that is the story line that is being set up right now. You can see it in Kiszla's article yesterday. Whitlock has already gotten his placemarker in for that attack. It's an unfair attack, but that isn't going to stop people from making it, and others from being bothered by it.

CEH
11-03-2009, 01:06 PM

Making it to the playoffs will factor in but how Orton performs in the playoffs may have the most dramatic impact on his future here in Denver

The good news is I think McD will have enough facts on Kyle to make the correct decision by seasn's end

HEAV
11-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Remember back in that days when TJ was a troll on every other team board trying to draw interest to the O-Mane. He's register at a rival site talk Sh&t and then leave a link to the Mane....

On a side note I love this Sig!
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7628/lovieboat.jpg

Why can't we have Avy's and Sigs back?

bronco militia
11-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Remember back in that days when TJ was a troll on every other team board trying to draw interest to the O-Mane. He's register at a rival site talk Sh&t and then leave a link to the Mane....

On a side note I love this Sig!
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7628/lovieboat.jpg

Why can't we have Avy's and Sigs back?

Ha!

broncocalijohn
11-03-2009, 01:31 PM

With the threads that started here after our first loss in 7 games, this is at least something different to read. Plus, if those fans can now compare Orton to the love fest of Cutler, it makes a fun read from the outside. It is football and tied directly to our team for next year.

broncocalijohn
11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Making it to the playoffs will factor in but how Orton performs in the playoffs may have the most dramatic impact on his future here in Denver

The good news is I think McD will have enough facts on Kyle to make the correct decision by seasn's end

That sure didnt help Plummer when we made it to the AFC Championship game and Shanny signed Cutler. Orton is kind of like Plummer that year as the playbook was made to make less risky plays and go with higher percentage passes. If McD thinks he can get the most out of Orton then he will stay. It is amazing what he can do with QBs in his system. Look no farther than our own QB and Cassel in KC.

Paladin
11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Whether they draft a QB will depend on how McD and the coaches see Brandstater. Kid's got the arm and seems to be able to move - at least in the liittle we saw. But I am just a fan, not like all the "experts" around here........

BroncoMan4ever
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
That sure didnt help Plummer when we made it to the AFC Championship game and Shanny signed Cutler. Orton is kind of like Plummer that year as the playbook was made to make less risky plays and go with higher percentage passes. If McD thinks he can get the most out of Orton then he will stay. It is amazing what he can do with QBs in his system. Look no farther than our own QB and Cassel in KC.

i think it is a guaranteed situation that Orton will get a new deal from us. as much time as McDaniels spent working 1 on 1 with him, teaching him his offense, going through the growing pains of the offseason, and being the guy he hitched the beginning of his coaching career to, is going to lead to a situation where McDaniels and Orton become extremely successful together or flame out together.

plus this season even though it is going great, is more about just setting a foundation of a team to become a perenial contender to be built upon, and Orton is a big part of that. if he can build off of a strong season this year, he can only get better with more time in the system and with McDaniels.

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 02:13 PM
i think it is a guaranteed situation that Orton will get a new deal from us. as much time as McDaniels spent working 1 on 1 with him, teaching him his offense, going through the growing pains of the offseason, and being the guy he hitched the beginning of his coaching career to, is going to lead to a situation where McDaniels and Orton become extremely successful together or flame out together.

plus this season even though it is going great, is more about just setting a foundation of a team to become a perenial contender to be built upon, and Orton is a big part of that. if he can build off of a strong season this year, he can only get better with more time in the system and with McDaniels.

unless mcdaniels views him as reaching a low ceiling, he will definitely then get a QB for probably the year after next year.

BroncoMan4ever
11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Whether they draft a QB will depend on how McD and the coaches see Brandstater. Kid's got the arm and seems to be able to move - at least in the liittle we saw. But I am just a fan, not like all the "experts" around here........

i don't think Brandstater has any bearing at all on Orton's situation. Brandstater was brought in to be Matt Cassel in Denver. he was brought in to know the system and sit on the bench and in case of emergency start for the team in a pinch. there are no plans to hand the offense over to him. Plus as a rookie he is only a year younger than Orton

whether they draft a QB will depend on whether or not the coaches believe Orton can get the job done, or if there is a guy they think is better for the team.

BroncoMan4ever
11-03-2009, 02:19 PM
unless mcdaniels views him as reaching a low ceiling, he will definitely then get a QB for probably the year after next year.

if the 1st 7 games of the season are showing anything, it is that, Orton is intelligent, a great leader, and has plenty of room to continue to get better. also, his age, is a big thing. McDaniels chained his early HC career to Orton. they will either succeed together or fail together. there are no other options.

if McDaniels decides to go in a new direction after this season and offseason, he will again be building the team up from the bottom again. we are seeing flashes and little glimpses of the offense begining to click. if we go another route, we will need to deal with another season of the offense trying to mesh.

like it or not, barring an epic meltdown of the Jay Cutler type of the last 3 games of last season, Orton is our guy for the next 5 years at least.

Dagmar
11-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Some people on this website will NEVER accept Orton, he will get a pass when he wins but will be blamed for losses by those people. Arguing with them is pointless.

DenverBrit
11-03-2009, 04:58 PM
lol

Uh, no. I am not going to take responsibility for how anyone else reacted to the firing of Shanahan. That's ridiculous. I can take responsiblity for my own reaction, but everybody else gets to be responsible for themselves.

'Gutless Drunk' set the tone. IMO ;D

snowspot66
11-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Some people on this website will NEVER accept Orton, he will get a pass when he wins but will be blamed for losses by those people. Arguing with them is pointless.

Plummer made it work. Orton's better than Plummer. They can hate all they want.

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 05:29 PM
if the 1st 7 games of the season are showing anything, it is that, Orton is intelligent, a great leader, and has plenty of room to continue to get better. also, his age, is a big thing. McDaniels chained his early HC career to Orton. they will either succeed together or fail together. there are no other options.

if McDaniels decides to go in a new direction after this season and offseason, he will again be building the team up from the bottom again. we are seeing flashes and little glimpses of the offense begining to click. if we go another route, we will need to deal with another season of the offense trying to mesh.

like it or not, barring an epic meltdown of the Jay Cutler type of the last 3 games of last season, Orton is our guy for the next 5 years at least.

not true at all, if mcdaniels thinks there is a better option he will hvae no problem putting them out there. one reason the patriots are so successful, you either "do your job" or they will find someone who can do it better.