PDA

View Full Version : even fabian washington says we need to throw down field

tsiguy96
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12456882

we saw it all preseason, mcdaniels reverted to the screens all day. he has to let orton toss it down field, hes not THAT bad and if he throws a pick, so what atleast the defense will take notice that we are trying to move the ball downfield.

RhymesayersDU
11-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Perhaps we do, but we'll never be able to if our line can't keep Orton up for more than 3 seconds.

I mean, a lot of those plays Hamilton was getting beat before he was even out of his stance.

tsiguy96
11-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Perhaps we do, but we'll never be able to if our line can't keep Orton up for more than 3 seconds.

I mean, a lot of those plays Hamilton was getting beat before he was even out of his stance.

i agree, just saying when the threat isnt even there, they dont need to protect a lot of the field. i dont think tossing downfield is smart every single play like the raiders as it clearly doesnt work, but the offense has to keep the THREAT of going downfield real to open up the underneath routes, and right now that threat isnt there because it looks like ortons first several reads are just 5 yards away. however, cassel went through the same progressions last year with the pats and eventually they started letting him throw downfield.

ZONA
11-02-2009, 11:21 PM
however, cassel went through the same progressions last year with the pats and eventually they started letting him throw downfield.

Excellent point there.

Killericon
11-02-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't think I want to see Orton throwing downfield.

UberBroncoMan
11-03-2009, 01:18 AM
I don't think I want to see Orton throwing downfield.

He should have been picked off 3 times with 2 going for 6 vs Baltimore.

That said... he does need to throw downfield even thought he ****ing sucks at it. I believe he has 11% completion of 20 yards + rofl. His 10-20 was something like 30% too which is horrid.

_Oro_
11-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Couldn't find any other threads this might be relevant?

barryr
11-03-2009, 05:48 AM
If the o-line protects better, then throwing down the field is an option. If the o-line keeps playing like they did against the Ravens, having time to just throw the shorter routes is a chore.

LRtagger
11-03-2009, 05:55 AM
He should have been picked off 3 times with 2 going for 6 vs Baltimore.

That said... he does need to throw downfield even thought he ****ing sucks at it. I believe he has 11% completion of 20 yards + rofl. His 10-20 was something like 30% too which is horrid.

FALSE

Pass Thrown: 11-20 yds. 18 for 36 315 yards 50.0% 1 TD 0 INT 89.5 Rating

Pass Thrown: 21-30 yds. 6 for 14 166 yards 42.9% 1 TD 0 INT 111.0 Rating

BossChief
11-03-2009, 06:02 AM
Ed Reed would have been licking his chops if Orton put the ball up deep.

BroncoInferno
11-03-2009, 06:09 AM
FALSE

Ha! UberBroncoMan caught just making **** up.

In any case, We do need more attempts downfield. We are averaging about two a game, probably need to double that so it become a real threat. That said, the line will have to protect better than they did Sunday. There was no time for deep pass plays develop even had they been called.

bronco militia
11-03-2009, 07:33 AM
"They don't throw it down the field," Ravens cornerback Fabian Washington said. "They don't take a lot of chances. We've taken a lot of abuse around here for the way we've played on the corners, and I can accept it because we haven't played well. But they didn't even try and throw it down the field. With that No. 15, you'd think they'd just throw it up once in a while."

chicken **** offense

bronco militia
11-03-2009, 07:35 AM
that was an interesting article....damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of deal with orton. The bottom line is that he has to go out there and make a play.

BroncoInferno
11-03-2009, 07:40 AM
that was an interesting article....damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of deal with orton. The bottom line is that he has to go out there and make a play.

Yeah, Orton should have pass blocked better for himself so deep patterns would have time to develop downfield. It also would have helped to keep pressure off of him if he hadn't had such a piss poor game run blocking as well.

You guys are unreal. Orton beats three playoff caliber teams in a row playing lights out in the 4th quarter, and he has one medicore game and you act like it means he sucks. Idiots.

broncofan2438
11-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Offense was ugly on Sunday. Hard to even watch. MCD better pull his head out of his ass and come up with some better plays. For the offensive mastermind, I dont see crap.

bronco militia
11-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah, Orton should have pass blocked better for himself so deep patterns would have time to develop downfield. It also would have helped to keep pressure off of him if he hadn't had such a piss poor game run blocking as well.

You guys are unreal. Orton beats three playoff caliber teams in a row playing lights out in the 4th quarter, and he has one medicore game and you act like it means he sucks. Idiots.

if you're satisfied, then so be it.

I'm not becasue this is the same crap we saw before plummer and cutler got here.

thank god McD fixed the defense.

alkemical
11-03-2009, 07:47 AM

I'm not becasue this is the same crap we saw before plummer and cutler got here.

Exactamundo!

dbfan4life
11-03-2009, 07:49 AM
We have the waepons to go donwfield. I really believe we do. I think that McD has Orton programmed to not take those shots. How many times have you seen Orton chewed out this season? You take enough ass chewings and you become tentative. Look at Plummer, for exapmle. He took a lot a rippings from Shanahan and he was a different player. Maybe I'm reaching here but there's no reason for this team to not excel with the talent we have on that side of the ball.

BroncoInferno
11-03-2009, 07:53 AM

Last seasons offense with Cutler was not very good. After a hot start in the first three games, they averaged less than 20 points per game in the final 13 games of the season and were a turnover machine. But go ahead and believe the myth that this offense was some juggernaut under Cutler. The numbers show that for the bulk of last season it wasn't much more productive than this offense, and probably less when you factor in the negative impact of the turnovers.

Am I satisfied? No. We need to get better for sure. But it's far more complex than the lame "Orton sucks" takes we get from some of you.

alkemical
11-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Last seasons offense with Cutler was not very good. After a hot start in the first three games, they averaged less than 20 points per game in the final 13 games of the season and were a turnover machine. But go ahead and believe the myth that this offense was some juggernaut under Cutler. The numbers show that for the bulk of last season it wasn't much more productive than this offense, and probably less when you factor in the negative impact of the turnovers.

Am I satisfied? No. We need to get better for sure. But it's far more complex than the lame "Orton sucks" takes we get from some of you.

Much more complex like Cutler sucks..... lol ;D

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 07:59 AM
FALSE

Does this count YAC or position downfeild where ball was caught? Cause if it doesn't count YAC I call bulshiK. And go 30 or more he has one 5 games ago to Gaffney.

Seriouslly when you attempt less than 2 passes over 20 yards a game with almost 60% chance it will be incomplete, and worse than that on anything longer you aren't much of a threat past 20 yards. How sad is that, with the big play guys we have in Marshall and Royal? I guarentee that most of the misses are from 25 to 30 on that longer stat.

Proves my point that nobody respects Orton's deep ball and they don't have to play the whole field. But, I'm just a hater and was cheap shotted every thread since the game for suggesting the same thing. Funny how flamers end up getting proved they don't know Shiet!

alkemical
11-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Does this count YAC or position downfeild where ball was caught? Cause if it doesn't count YAC I call bulshiK. And go 30 or more he has one 5 games ago to Gaffney.

Seriouslly when you attempt less than 2 passes over 20 yards a game with almost 60% chance it will be incomplete, and worse than that on anything longer you aren't much of a threat past 20 yards. How sad is that, with the big play guys we have in Marshall and Royal? I guarentee that most of the misses are from 25 to 30 on that longer stat.

Proves my point that nobody respects Orton's deep ball and they don't have to play the whole field. But, I'm just a hater and was cheap shotted every thread since the game for suggesting the same thing. Funny how flamers end up getting proved they don't know Shiet!

Word man, i'm dealing with that exact same problem.

BroncoInferno
11-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Much more complex like Cutler sucks..... lol ;D

Well, the numbers thus far show he doesn't suck any less than Orton, at any rate ;D

alkemical
11-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Well, the numbers thus far show he doesn't suck any less than Orton, at any rate ;D

;)

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 08:02 AM

dude, you are agreeing with bronco warrior, that should prove you are totally wrong. its like agreeing with rastaman or lex, just dont do it.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
FACT: Cutler was undefeated in regulation and one loss when Farve threw a TD on first play of OT, when the Defense held to under 21 points. (13-1). And when you are always behind you tend to press alot more and take chances. Chances might make some of you think that it shows a lack of brains but it does show heart! And Cutler had the tools to make more plays than were mistakes. Sacks and Fumbles and weak play on 3 and 4th and short, are as bad as ints and ORton has none of Cutler's upside.
Orton needs to show he cares about winning ON THE FIELD, In the Huddle, and not just when he is behind a microphone, spouting platitudes.

Did you notice on Kyle's Run in Quicksand for a first down that they were shocked? Didn't have a spy on him at all? Not a threat to run or throw past 25 yards...makes a really short coverage area for the opposition!

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 08:14 AM
And I'm not saying "Waaaah Let's get Cutler back...water under the bridge, just a little reality check for the guys with Orton's sack on their chins!

BroncoInferno
11-03-2009, 08:15 AM
FACT: Cutler was undefeated in regulation and one loss when Farve threw a TD on first play of OT, when the Defense held to under 21 points. (13-1). And when you are always behind you tend to press alot more and take chances. Chances might make some of you think that it shows a lack of brains but it does show heart! And Cutler had the tools to make more plays than were mistakes. Sacks and Fumbles and weak play on 3 and 4th and short, are as bad as ints and ORton has none of Cutler's upside.
Orton needs to show he cares about winning ON THE FIELD, In the Huddle, and not just when he is behind a microphone, spouting platitudes.

Did you notice on Kyle's Run in Quicksand for a first down that they were shocked? Didn't have a spy on him at all? Not a threat to run or throw past 25 yards...makes a really short coverage area for the opposition!

Most QBs have a good record when their team allows less than 21 points, dumbass. Shaun Hill only has one loss under those parameters just like Cutler. All that means is that you usually win when your defense allows less than 21 points. Well, no ****.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 08:16 AM
dude, you are agreeing with bronco warrior, that should prove you are totally wrong. its like agreeing with rastaman or lex, just dont do it.

So all the times I defended you against guys like Reverend being an ass to you, I was wrong? Hmmmm good to know you're loyal like that! :thumbs:

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Most QBs have a good record when their team allows less than 21 points, dumbass. Shaun Hill only has one loss under those parameters just like Cutler. All that means is that you usually win when your defense allows less than 21 points. Well, no ****.

21 points a game is average. Last year Rivers was .500 with the same D stat. Orton's record is just as poor with Chicago. And I like the namecalling touch, It similtaniously makes you sound smart and proves you right...impressive!

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 08:22 AM
So all the times I defended you against guys like Reverend being an ass to you, I was wrong? Hmmmm good to know you're loyal like that! :thumbs:

you sit here and constantly talk about how bad orton is and how much he sucks, we get it. hes not a top 5 QB we understand, you dont need to constantly tell us because he is what we have here now and hes won 6 games. someone gameplanned effectively against the ENTIRE offense and beat us straight up, what are we supposed to do, can everyone and start over?

think about it, everything you are saying doesnt make a damn bit of sense, especially when we have a coach like mcdaniels who is able to adjust the offense to what is working and what isnt. i guarantee you he understands the intricacies of this offense and what is and isnt working 100x better than you, and will do what is in his power to fix it, what else do you want?

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 08:23 AM

PS that was a test to see if people actually read what is written or just find one part that they think they can say something negative and in this case inaccurate instead of getting the point of the post!
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 08:34 AM
you sit here and constantly talk about how bad orton is and how much he sucks, we get it. hes not a top 5 QB we understand, you dont need to constantly tell us because he is what we have here now and hes won 6 games. someone gameplanned effectively against the ENTIRE offense and beat us straight up, what are we supposed to do, can everyone and start over?

think about it, everything you are saying doesnt make a damn bit of sense, especially when we have a coach like mcdaniels who is able to adjust the offense to what is working and what isnt. i guarantee you he understands the intricacies of this offense and what is and isnt working 100x better than you, and will do what is in his power to fix it, what else do you want?

The last two days are the only time I have shown frustration w Orton. I have always said that with Orton the glass is either half full or half empty depending how you look at it but atleast is was a 6-0 Glass! and I drank KOOLAID out of it! And now I feel stupid for buying into Orton because up till Sunday McDaniels had gameplanned for his deficiencies fairly well.

Sundays game pointed out, that won't always be the case. If Orton can't or McDaniels won't get more creative with Orton, and doesn't quite playing it safe to not expose Orton and just let him play and take chances then we are screwed. If Orton CAN"T Roll out, Can't run for first downs, Can't throw deep then it's time to put in somebody that can. Talent wise Orton isn't even the second best QB we have...and his Smarts to me are in question when he stares down receivers, and misses seeing open guys all year.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 08:38 AM
And yes, Baltimore Gameplanned all over our asses! AND they had the team to carry it out. One weakness the Ravens has shown all year was that their corners can't hold up one on one deep and outside, that was why we were going to win according to every expert that picked us! they just forgot one thing; WE don't have a QB that can even try to exploit that! Guess what Baltimore knew that!

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 08:47 AM
The last two days are the only time I have shown frustration w Orton. I have always said that with Orton the glass is either half full or half empty depending how you look at it but atleast is was a 6-0 Glass! and I drank KOOLAID out of it! And now I feel stupid for buying into Orton because up till Sunday McDaniels had gameplanned for his deficiencies fairly well.

Sundays game pointed out, that won't always be the case. If Orton can't or McDaniels won't get more creative with Orton, and doesn't quite playing it safe to not expose Orton and just let him play and take chances then we are screwed. If Orton CAN"T Roll out, Can't run for first downs, Can't throw deep then it's time to put in somebody that can. Talent wise Orton isn't even the second best QB we have...and his Smarts to me are in question when he stares down receivers, and misses seeing open guys all year.

so you bought into the orton koolaid when hes playing good, but he finally has a bad game when our oline got destroyed on EVERY play, and he sucks and is not even the best QB on the team anymore? that doesnt make a damn bit of sense.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 09:10 AM
so you bought into the orton koolaid when hes playing good, but he finally has a bad game when our oline got destroyed on EVERY play, and he sucks and is not even the best QB on the team anymore? that doesnt make a damn bit of sense.

Talent-wise he was always the zthird best on the team, that's nothing new. He has alwys had the weaknesses, just went along for the ride and tried to be positive. Now that it has been shown, for the first time THAT McD HAS NO ANSWER FOR THOSE WEAKNESSES WHEN THEY ARE EXPOSED it has me concerned. That revelation is new, atleast to me. The O line play wasn't as bad as you all think, he had time but they shut down the screens and short stuff...BECAUSE THEY DIDN"T HAVE TO RESPECT THE LONG BALL, or Orton's ability to move in the pocket or defend against bootlegs and roll outs. FOOTBALL 101: To beat the Blitz You make them pay with a medium to long ball, or a hot-route (which also can be a deep ball). Can't throw the long ball against the resulting one on one coverage..that just leaves the hots to be worried about, and they knew it and shut it down. Blitz beater #2: Move the launch point with Bootlegs and Roll outs. Oh Wait they didn't even bother to assign a spy to Orton to the point that the one time he ran for the first they were caught off guard, and you could time that run with a sundial!

tsiguy96
11-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Talent-wise he was always the zthird best on the team, that's nothing new. He has alwys had the weaknesses, just went along for the ride and tried to be positive. Now that it has been shown, for the first time THAT McD HAS NO ANSWER FOR THOSE WEAKNESSES WHEN THEY ARE EXPOSED it has me concerned. That revelation is new, atleast to me. The O line play wasn't as bad as you all think, he had time but they shut down the screens and short stuff...BECAUSE THEY DIDN"T HAVE TO RESPECT THE LONG BALL, or Orton's ability to move in the pocket or defend against bootlegs and roll outs. FOOTBALL 101: To beat the Blitz You make them pay with a medium to long ball, or a hot-route (which also can be a deep ball). Can't throw the long ball against the resulting one on one coverage..that just leaves the hots to be worried about, and they knew it and shut it down. Blitz beater #2: Move the launch point with Bootlegs and Roll outs. Oh Wait they didn't even bother to assign a spy to Orton to the point that the one time he ran for the first they were caught off guard, and you could time that run with a sundial!
you clearly did not watch the game then if you think the oline wasnt bad, even the blogger for db.com noticed it.

they were beyond bad last game, as bad as theyve played in 2 seasons. quit whining because a defense showed up prepared and won the game, it has nothing to do with us being exposed, it was a bad game specifically for the oline, they had no push on runs and no pass blocking. try rewatching the game and you will understand. orton isnt great by any means and clearly has his flaws, but this entire game isnt on orton. he does need to look downfield more often to open the entire field but i think that may be on the gameplan as much as anything else. the ravens played GREAT defense, our offense didnt show up, its that simple. you talk as if the seasons over and orton is done because he lost a game, guess what he also won 6 others.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 09:31 AM
you clearly did not watch the game then if you think the oline wasnt bad, even the blogger for db.com noticed it.

they were beyond bad last game, as bad as theyve played in 2 seasons. quit whining because a defense showed up prepared and won the game, it has nothing to do with us being exposed, it was a bad game specifically for the oline, they had no push on runs and no pass blocking. try rewatching the game and you will understand. orton isnt great by any means and clearly has his flaws, but this entire game isnt on orton. he does need to look downfield more often to open the entire field but i think that may be on the gameplan as much as anything else. the ravens played GREAT defense, our offense didnt show up, its that simple. you talk as if the seasons over and orton is done because he lost a game, guess what he also won 6 others.

Really I'm not blaming ORton..he is what he is. He didn't ask to be slow and weak he just is. That doesn't mean that his weaknesses and the coach's lack of a plan to make up for then isn't a major cause! When our line was being out matched, with say Elway, there were things that a Coach and a QB could do to make them hesitate and play honest instead of just pinning their ears back and swarming the QB. I have listed them till I'm sick and you guys don't get it.

Here are the facts: If the line,and our special teams, and our backs, and our receivers play well, We win! But if they don't, and are outmanned and outschemed because Orton has no arms and no legs, and the gameplan is stale and simple...WE LOSE! Can you live with that? If Orton can't complete a pass over 20 yards more than 50% of the time and try more than 2 time a game, and can't boot or roll out, or take off running when the pocket breaks down there will be more games like Sunday against the Ravens!

PS Edit: There are only a few teams that can do that to us, like Pitt, Philly, and maybe Indyand NY left, so the sky isn't falling just yet! Season is far from over!

SonOfLe-loLang
11-03-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm tryin to eat my lunch here, someone wanna get Fabian away from me?

Popps
11-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Most QBs have a good record when their team allows less than 21 points, dumbass. .

:spit:

Honestly, that's just a classic Orange Mane summer argument. I thought that silly **** had been put to bed.

I love how he framed it with "FACT" before hand, though.

ROFL!

Just awesome.

BlaK-Argentina
11-03-2009, 10:00 AM

FACT: Kyle Orton is 6-0 this season when the defense held opponents to under 21 points. :clown:

Lolad
11-03-2009, 10:00 AM
FALSE

I think these stats are probably run after the catch. Because he has not thrown the ball down the field that many times. I can only rememer a couple to gaffney that went far.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 10:01 AM
:spit:

Honestly, that's just a classic Orange Mane summer argument. I thought that silly **** had been put to bed.

I love how he framed it with "FACT" before hand, though.

ROFL!

Just awesome.

Gotta love the Classics!

LRtagger
11-03-2009, 10:06 AM
No those are not YAC numbers. The 85 yard tip ball to Stokely in week one is categorized as a 31-40 yard pass.

LRtagger
11-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Also there is this category in the same stat list. If you can figure out a way these numbers INCLUDE yac in this dimension, please share.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Pass Thrown: Behind line</TD><TD>25 for</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>199 yards</TD><TD>83.3 %</TD><TD>6.63 YPA</TD><TD>30 yards (longest play) </TD><TD>94.3 Rating</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BossChief
11-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I think these stats are probably run after the catch. Because he has not thrown the ball down the field that many times. I can only rememer a couple to gaffney that went far.

It is "ball in the air" not rac

here is the link to where he pulled the stats from, I posted it yesterday:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=8520

If you want to compare how he does to other NFL qbs, use the tool on the right side of the page.

If you guys (not everyone obviously, but you know who you are) would stop picking him apart, you would realize he is likely the best QB your team has had since Elway. You can win a championship with Orton.

Playing qb is not only about throwing the deep ball, its about responsibility, patience, intelligence, leadership, confidence, maturity, composure, work ethic, accuracy...among many other things the qbs since Elway didnt have all of, Orton possess almost all of them at a high level. Orton is gonna prove alot of the naysayers here wrong.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Playing qb is not only about throwing the deep ball, its about responsibility, patience, intelligence, leadership, confidence, maturity, composure, work ethic, accuracy...among many other things the qbs since Elway didnt have all of, Orton possess almost all of them at a high level. Orton is gonna prove alot of the naysayers here wrong.

Funny you didn't mention a single physical attribute in you're qualities in a good QB, and that's like saying it doesn't matter if your girl is hot as long as can cook and clean! And when the cooking isn't all that then what?

Patience and responsibility don't help you throw a ball or avoid a pass rush, or run for a first down! To Orton's credit he has shown some improvement over the season and alot from his years at Chicago, but you still are just putting lipstick on a pig and asking us to marry it!

lazarus4444
11-03-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't know bronco warrior...The QB you describe would have helped us against a D like BAL. But mentioning that orton is bad because he's slow? C'mon man, peyton manning probably runs a 5.6 40 yard dash but nobody ever says he needs to run to win games. I understand where you are coming from but your arguments have a lot of holes.

Orton can throw short to intermediate pretty well. He is not a noodle arm like people keep saying, he just isn't. The stats show that as well. Why aren't we going deep more often? Maybe our receivers are struggling to get open or maybe after 7 games qb and receivers aren't a 100% comfortable. You write like its the end of the world for Orton but its not.

My point is you don't have to be a michael vick or vince young in order to play well as a qb. Hell, those guys are pretty mediocre QB's and they have cannon arms and crazy legs. That kid up in MIN before favre could run too but that didn't help him. Lets see, what other qb's could run but their legs didn't help them be a better qb? Anybody?

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 03:36 PM
LAz, You have a point about legs don't make you a great QB but they don't hurt right? And Orton struggles even with the intermediate passes, just ask Royal when the last time he had a pass come his way that he didn't have to comeback 10 yards to catch, Dive for, or that wasn't led right into a defender? Orton's weakness isn't the end of the world and we win alot more games with him, but this game was a case where Orton's shortcomings absolutely made the team worse rather than better. Coaching has to come up with ways to cover for is limitations like they had the 6 games before. Magic McD needs to come up with a whole new bag of Tricks! The traditional Bootlegs and Roll outs and deep passes against 1 on 1 coverage to slow down an agressive pass rush isn't in Orton's skillset as of sunday. Can he learn them?

randomtask
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Peyton Manning actually ran a 4.7 at the combine. Just saying. :)

rmsanger
11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
drama fugging queens... we lose 1 game to a team that can play real football and you ladies are ready to cry a fuggin river... The Ravens are the only team that play smack you in the mouth football and we have not historically been able to play that.

We are transitioning from a soft team from last year to slightly more stout lines but still are not built for that kind of football.

BossChief
11-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't know bronco warrior...The QB you describe would have helped us against a D like BAL. But mentioning that orton is bad because he's slow? C'mon man, peyton manning probably runs a 5.6 40 yard dash but nobody ever says he needs to run to win games. I understand where you are coming from but your arguments have a lot of holes.

Orton can throw short to intermediate pretty well. He is not a noodle arm like people keep saying, he just isn't. The stats show that as well. Why aren't we going deep more often? Maybe our receivers are struggling to get open or maybe after 7 games qb and receivers aren't a 100% comfortable. You write like its the end of the world for Orton but its not.

My point is you don't have to be a michael vick or vince young in order to play well as a qb. Hell, those guys are pretty mediocre QB's and they have cannon arms and crazy legs. That kid up in MIN before favre could run too but that didn't help him. Lets see, what other qb's could run but their legs didn't help them be a better qb? Anybody?

Dan Marino had 87 career rushing yards

good post

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Dan Marino had 87 career rushing yards

good post

But Marino had a cannon of an arm, and the quickest release ever!!!

BossChief
11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
But Marino had a cannon of an arm, and the quickest release ever!!!

FFS I'm trying to say every qb doen't have to rollout to be good. Like Elway.

You might not ever have another Elway, give the qbs you do have a chance to write their own chapter before you throw them out the window because they dont have a cannon arm and can roll out all day long. FTW!!!

oubronco
11-03-2009, 05:46 PM

well mother****ing OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOL

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 05:48 PM

You might not ever have another Elway, give the qbs you do have a chance to write their own chapter before you throw them out the window because they dont have a cannon arm and can roll out all day long. FTW!!!

Wait am I mistaken or did you just suggest that Elway didn't couldn't roll out or bootleg?

snowspot66
11-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Wait am I mistaken or did you just suggest that Elway didn't couldn't roll out or bootleg?

No your just retarded. You can't follow a point from one post to the very next.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 06:01 PM
No your just retarded. You can't follow a point from one post to the very next.

In the English language, this combination of words strung together in this exact order states that the "Like Elway" following any sentance denotes a direct comparison to the preceeding statement RETARD! ;)

That is why I asked for a clarification rather than just assume it was a misguided and eronious statement.

Soul-Bronco
11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
In the English language, this combination of words strung together in this exact order states that the "Like Elway" following any sentance denotes a direct comparison to the preceeding statement RETARD! ;)

That is why I asked for a clarification rather than just assume it was a misguided and eronious statement.

give the porn a rest and get out more man. Will do you some good

snowspot66
11-03-2009, 06:11 PM

On the internet people on forums hit the wrong keys and make TYPOS. You're either too stupid to comprehend the meaning of the statement based on the context of the post and previous posts or are being a little bitch and nitpicking the presentation of the argument because you have no way of refuting it.

LRtagger
11-03-2009, 06:12 PM

wow

Soul-Bronco
11-03-2009, 06:16 PM

lol

Steve Prefontaine
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM

POTY on so many levels.

BossChief
11-03-2009, 06:26 PM

OMFG!!!

Are you in china right now, never haven seen a football game and using a ****ing translator or something? If so, kudos cause you're doing just fine.

BossChief
11-03-2009, 06:29 PM

Hilarious!

I would suggest going on read only, but that would deprive us all of a few good laughs.

UberBroncoMan
11-06-2009, 05:24 AM
FALSE

Talking about in the air not counting YAC can you confirm that because during the game is where they gave the 11% stat.