PDA

View Full Version : It's pretty simple really

crazyhorse
11-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Your offensive line got owned.

You cant lay the blame on the defense. You cant blame the QB.

The QB isn't going to do well when the O line is getting whipped at the LOS. You're defense did well until the second half when thier backs finally broke.

Take it from a Chiefs fan. When the O line is struggling it effects the whole team.

The reality is, Orton has been the beneficiary of an excellent O line. He is very average and unspectacular. That is how he played without the benefit of protection he has enjoyed up to this point.

Football 101. If you're O line is great, you will have a great offense. It dont matter who the QB is. If you have a lousy O line, you will have a lousy offense. There is no such thing as a system QB. Same with the defense. If you have a good line, you will play good defense.

The good news is, your line probably didn't just forget how to play. They likely had a bad game. Orton will probably look better next week.

The bad news is, you likely wont enjoy the amount of luck you have been receiving. So you aren't as good as you've looked any more than you are as bad as you looked yesterday. You'll win some more games. You might even make the playoffs.

Finally, let me take this opportunity to tell you that your team lost yesterday while the Chiefs didn't. It may be my last chance:~ohyah!:

Killericon
11-02-2009, 03:56 PM
The sanest thread on the first page is from a Chiefs fan.

Blarg.

Archer81
11-02-2009, 03:58 PM
The sanest thread on the first page is from a chiefs fan.

Blarg.

Sickening.

Double blarg.

:Broncos:

rbackfactory80
11-02-2009, 03:59 PM
I agree with this post for the most part but I still think that return after the half killed us and completely shifted momentum. We played a desperate team on the road in a must win and without even moving the ball and it was a touchdown game in the fourth. That shows me the D is alright.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-02-2009, 04:04 PM
The highest rated QB in the league plays behind one of the worst O-lines, though. How is that possible?

KS Bronco
11-02-2009, 04:05 PM
agree with the oline playing horribly...
with that said, i think we got out coached as well. we need to adapt if our line cant block. more hot routes, screens and spread offense to get the ball out of orton's hands. we do that, and they have to respect us and not blitz as often.
we flat out got out coached by a good team. time to learn from it and prepare for the steelers!

HEAV
11-02-2009, 04:08 PM
The O-line play was bad, the scheme wasn't the best, Orton didn't play well and the running game was null & void.

On defense Jack Williams got owned by Kelly (frick'n) Washington on 3rd downs.

P.S. Stay healthy Craz

Eldorado
11-02-2009, 04:12 PM
You're offensive line got owned.

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyup!

crazyhorse
11-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I agree with this post for the most part but I still think that return after the half killed us and completely shifted momentum. We played a desperate team on the road in a must win and without even moving the ball and it was a touchdown game in the fourth. That shows me the D is alright.

No doubt a KR can be devastating. But you must 1st have the momentum before it can shift. The Broncos never had the momentum. They were out played the whole game. The Ravens never let the Broncos establish anything resembling momentum, IMO.

PRBronco
11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
You're offensive line got owned.

The QB isn't going to do well when the O line is getting whipped at the LOS. You're defense did well until the second half when thier backs finally broke.

Take it from a Chiefs fan. When the O line is struggling it effects the whole team.

The reality is, Orton has been the beneficiary of an excellent O line. He is very average and unspectacular. That is how he played without the benefit of protection he has enjoyed up to this point.

Football 101. If you're O line is great, you will have a great offense. It dont matter who the QB is. If you have a lousy O line, you will have a lousy offense. There is no such thing as a system QB. Same with the defense. If you have a good line, you will play good defense.

The good news is, your line probably didn't just forget how to play. They likely had a bad game. Orton will probably look better next week.

The bad news is, you likely wont enjoy the amount of luck you have been receiving. So you aren't as good as you've looked any more than you are as bad as you looked yesterday. You'll win some more games. You might even make the playoffs.

Finally, let me take this opportunity to tell you that your team lost yesterday while the Chiefs didn't. It may be my last chance:~ohyah!:

YOUR offensive line got owned. One must always check for typos when discussing ownage, or you risk having ownage reversed on you!

But yeah, they did. It was very surprising, I considered it the team's greatest strength. Hamilton's back has to be hurting him still, I wonder if we'll see Hochstein replace him soon.

crazyhorse
11-02-2009, 04:28 PM
YOUR offensive line got owned. One must always check for typos when discussing ownage, or you risk having ownage reversed on you!

But yeah, they did. It was very surprising, I considered it the team's greatest strength. Hamilton's back has to be hurting him still, I wonder if we'll see Hochstein replace him soon.

You have to know how to spell before you check your spelling. But yeah, I didn't catch that.

I was urprized too.

If I would have guessed what part of the team would fail, I would 1st guess the D.

crazyhorse
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
The highest rated QB in the league plays behind one of the worst O-lines, though. How is that possible?

Who?

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Who?

Aaron Rodgers.

crazyhorse
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

Rating can mean smart QB, but not mean great offense. the Packers dont have a great offense.

I like him though

He's a good QB IMO.

Rigs11
11-02-2009, 04:46 PM
The chef fan gets it.Already at work these so called fans are screaming about how much better baby Jay is. After one freaking loss.

Popps
11-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I was pretty proud of how our defense hung in there, considering.

Agree on the O-line. They were pushed around. Either that, or Baltimore just game-planned us flawlessly. I swear to god, they were in our backfield before Orton could take the snap.

There's a reason that team seems to hang around come playoff-time every year. Dominant lines are the formula, folks. No surprises there.

We're in the midst of a philosophy shift, and this is going to take time. We're going to be bigger and more physical on the lines, but that doesn't happen overnight.

Thus far, the O-line has played well. They faced a talented, angry defense and had an off day.

crazyhorse
11-02-2009, 04:52 PM
The chef fan gets it.Already at work these so called fans are screaming about how much better baby Jay is. After one freaking loss.

Jay isn't all that. I wouldn't want him on my team. He chokes too much. He has great plays but not great games. He still hasn't hit .500 in his carreer.

bronco610
11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
No doubt a KR can be devastating. But you must 1st have the momentum before it can shift. The Broncos never had the momentum. They were out played the whole game. The Ravens never let the Broncos establish anything resembling momentum, IMO.

Exactly !!!! However, it was one game and every team has a bad game and I never believed they would go un-defeated.

Good to see you post Crazy.:thumbs:

Rigs11
11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Jay isn't all that. I wouldn't want him on my team. He chokes too much. He has great plays but not great games. He still hasn't hit .500 in his carreer.

dude how dare you! He is teh greatest evah!Hilarious!

Mogulseeker
11-02-2009, 05:12 PM

Actually a fairly strong post... true, if not obvious. Some popel on here don't get that (blame Orton, Defense, etc.)

Popps
11-02-2009, 05:37 PM
I can make this even simpler...

Maybe we're better than the Chargers, but simply just not as good as the Ravens at this stage?

Crazy, I know... but maybe that's reality.

Patience, folks.

Bronco Warrior
11-02-2009, 05:57 PM
We swarmed Flacco every other passing play and he still made plays..why is that?

maher_tyler
11-02-2009, 05:58 PM
I was pretty proud of how our defense hung in there, considering.

Agree on the O-line. They were pushed around. Either that, or Baltimore just game-planned us flawlessly. I swear to god, they were in our backfield before Orton could take the snap.

There's a reason that team seems to hang around come playoff-time every year. Dominant lines are the formula, folks. No surprises there.

We're in the midst of a philosophy shift, and this is going to take time. We're going to be bigger and more physical on the lines, but that doesn't happen overnight.

Thus far, the O-line has played well. They faced a talented, angry defense and had an off day.

Yea we punted like 8-9 times..roughly 3 of those punts were 3 and outs. The D can't play that good forever...especially to a team with its back against the wall on the road in an early game on the east coast!

...and Ben Hamilton specifically was man handled...after a bit i thought we were going to put in hochstien or olsen. Thats the worst i've seen the o line play since the 07 season before we had Clady..this before Harris went down mind you!

rbackfactory80
11-02-2009, 05:59 PM

No we didn't have momemtum, but we never had momemtum in any of the last big three games we won until late. I hate to use ifs, but if we don't give up the return and then score we actually lead 7-6 in the third, and maybe grab some steam. As bad as it was we had a shot for most of the game.

Popps
11-02-2009, 06:06 PM
We swarmed Flacco every other passing play and he still made plays..why is that?

Because he's better than Orton at eluding the rush?

Maybe he's better than Orton all together?

Peyton Manning is better than Orton, too. Just in case that was your next question.

Some QBs are better than others. Doesn't mean Orton isn't talented enough to be a part of a SB winner.

ColoradoDarin
11-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Hamilton was getting blown up so much he looked like he was setting up as deep as a tackle should to form the pocket.

Br0nc0Buster
11-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Our oline got that butts handed to them
Orton did not play well
No one on offense played well
Special teams were poor

The Ravens game worried me because they were/are a much better team than their record indicates, plus they played fired up like it was a playoff game

Im not too worried about one game, this stuff happens

But at the same time if we make the playoffs they are not a team I want to see us play first

El Minion
11-02-2009, 06:56 PM

To hear some people you think it is the QB that makes for lousy O line play (http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1884805.aspx).

azbroncfan
11-02-2009, 11:00 PM

Yep I thought the same thing. Good post Crazyhorse.

OABB
11-02-2009, 11:04 PM
I just want to say it's damn good to see you post crazyhorse.

That is all.

Blueflame
11-02-2009, 11:58 PM
To hear some people you think it is the QB that makes for lousy O line play (http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1884805.aspx).

Very few QBs are going to look even halfway good if their O-line is struggling. The most important battles on a football field are won or lost "in the trenches".

NFLBRONCO
11-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Very few QBs are going to look even halfway good if their O-line is struggling. The most important battles on a football field are won or lost "in the trenches".

I agree with you about OL struggling. On the other hand you can't expect every game to have a clean pocket you MUST make plays under pressure or a bad game by OL if you don't your team goes nowhere. For the most part for the last dacade we get hammered every time. BM and Royal were mopey and tenative all day I can't wait to see us fight even in games like this on O. I miss Rod and Eddie more and more.

Blueflame
11-03-2009, 02:02 AM
I agree with you about OL struggling. On the other hand you can't expect every game to have a clean pocket you MUST make plays under pressure or a bad game by OL if you don't your team goes nowhere. For the most part for the last dacade we get hammered every time. BM and Royal were mopey and tenative all day I can't wait to see us fight even in games like this on O. I miss Rod and Eddie more and more.

No doubt... there are many players I miss from those SB teams. TD was an absolutely amazing runner....

Blart
11-03-2009, 03:43 AM
Great QB's don't need an o-line, yeah right. Remember when Manning blamed his o-line for losing a playoff game to the Steelers?

He wasn't right to say it, but what he said was right.

chrisp
11-03-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm concerned about the olde and lighter part of our interior O-line - Hamilton and Wiegmann.

I'm not saying that I have closely re-watched the tape and broken down the line play to the point where I know that's the problem, Just that I'm thinking about Dan Neil's last year in the league when we had similar shortyardage problems.

Wiegmann was on the verge of retirement this offseason despite his pro bowl nod last year, adn Hamilton has that history of concussions plus god knows what else wear and tear on that 285lb body.

A while back the whole o-line was in the 280-290lbs category and as the guys got older they really started to get pushed around. As they older guys got replaced they tended to be succeeded by guys just the right side of 300lbs so I can see that process continuing either later this season or some time in the offseason....

Bronco Rob
11-03-2009, 06:22 AM

1.) Orton is 27-13 as a starter in the NFL
2.) how on earth can being 6-1 have anything to do with luck?
3.) I guess going 3-29 is "lucky" as well.
4.) Don't blame the o-line for matt cassel's failures. he was sacked 47 times in New England...face it..you gave up the 34th overall pick and 63 million dollars for ELVIS BONO...Congrats...

Enjoy going 3-37

:thumbs:

gtown
11-03-2009, 06:51 AM

Maybe we're better than the Chargers, but simply just not as good as the Ravens at this stage?

Patience, folks.

That is my assessment. The Ravens have much of their old dominant defense intact (even if they were underachieving a bit before the Broncos game), plus a great QB, bookend tackles, and Ray Rice.

The good thing for the Broncos is that guards and centers are relatively undervalued in the draft and we have the chance to get an elite one. Of course, I wanna see what Olsen can do though, before the season is up. He looked pretty good in there during preseason.

TonyR
11-03-2009, 07:10 AM
The Ravens game worried me because they were/are a much better team than their record indicates...

Yep, their 3 losses were by a combined 11 points. They were rested coming off a bye, healthy (just got O-lineman Jared Gaither back), desperate, and at home. None of this excuses the Broncos losing so decisively nor playing so poorly, but it was a tough spot. And unfortunately things don't get much easier with a good, rested Steelers team coming to town.

CEH
11-03-2009, 08:18 AM

Patience, folks.

Balt did go to the AFCC game last year IIRC so they are a really good football team and deparate

All I needed to see was Derrick Mason a 13 year pro go ballistic because Zo pulled his jersey. Gee you would think he'd seen that or done it himself in his 13 years in the league. That right there told me BALTneeded this game way much more than Denver and came in amped up and a little tight knowing their season was on the line

Overall I liked what the defense did but the Oline was not prepared but the good news is we have a quality Oline one that will continue to get better after adding some more bulk inside. It's nice to have the outsides locked down for the next 10 years with Clady and Harris. Unlike KC and OAK who will continue to suck and spend top 10 money on average players because that is how the draft is now a days.

crazyhorse
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
1.) Orton is 27-13 as a starter in the NFL
2.) how on earth can being 6-1 have anything to do with luck?
3.) I guess going 3-29 is "lucky" as well.
4.) Don't blame the o-line for matt cassel's failures. he was sacked 47 times in New England...face it..you gave up the 34th overall pick and 63 million dollars for ELVIS BONO...Congrats...

Enjoy going 3-37

:thumbs:

Are you really Kyle Orton?

Because I'm really Chuck Norris.

Need I say more?

LRtagger
11-03-2009, 12:32 PM

Because Orton gave blood and Flacco didnt?? Just a guess.