PDA

View Full Version : chargers release chris chambers

tsiguy96
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
didnt this guy take us for 2 TDs last year?

i thought they just traded a 2nd for him from miami like 2 years ago too...

bronco militia
11-02-2009, 01:22 PM
wow....yeah, they gave up a 2nd for him

but he's been terrible since he messed up his ankle last year

Killericon
11-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Wow. What a fall from grace.

PRBronco
11-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Definitely surprising, the Charger trolls told me he was the awesomes!

gtown
11-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Bring him in!!

...It never gets old.

supermanhr9
11-02-2009, 01:32 PM
hahaha I say bring him in as well. Haven't you seen his NFL Fantasy files?

loborugger
11-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Bring him in!!

...It never gets old.

He'd definitely break off 2K in our system.

However, you know someone soon will seriously call for him to be brought in.

gtown
11-02-2009, 01:37 PM
wow....yeah, they gave up a 2nd for him

but he's been terrible since he messed up his ankle last year

Sounds a bit like Javon Walker.

55CrushEm
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
He'd definitely break off 2K in our system.

However, you know someone soon will seriously call for him to be brought in.

I say have him come in and compete for the punting job........

Bronco Rob
11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Loads of potential never quite fulfilled.

;)

WolfpackGuy
11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Wasn't he the one Kenoy Kennedy lit the fug up several years back?

backup qb
11-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes he was Wolfpack. He was also the guy Elway's dad was pleading with Shanahan to draft. I think we went with Middlebrooks instead-if memory serves correctly.

broncosteven
11-02-2009, 02:27 PM
didnt this guy take us for 2 TDs last year?

i thought they just traded a 2nd for him from miami like 2 years ago too...

He was a great pickup at the time for them.

He was the reason Jackson was able to develop into the great WR he is now. He had time to grow into the position.

I am guessing that the Roids are taking their toll on his body, but that is just an InTErneTs guess.

I am surprised they didn't just sit him until he was healthy, maybe there is something else we don't know about?

Smiling Assassin27
11-02-2009, 02:30 PM
I'd rather defend Floyd than Chambers, to be honest. This is addition by subtraction...for us.

boltaneer
11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
He was a great pickup at the time for them.

He was the reason Jackson was able to develop into the great WR he is now. He had time to grow into the position.

I am guessing that the Roids are taking their toll on his body, but that is just an InTErneTs guess.

I am surprised they didn't just sit him until he was healthy, maybe there is something else we don't know about?

Yeah, he was great in his first year here in SD. The knock on him was that he could make the circus catches but drops the easy ones. But he was catching everything early on.

Last year, he screwed up his ankle and just hasn't returned to his old form. But he's only 31 so it's hard to believe that he can't come back and have a couple of more productive years at least.

The rumor floating around is that he's been pretty vocal about his decrease in playing time. What does he expect though? The guy just can't get separation like he used to and he's dropping passes like he's T.O. this season. I would have liked to see him benched and keep him for insurance later on if he gets healthy but his attitude might have been the reason to just cut ties with him now.

He would have been a free agent next year and he knew he wasn't coming back with the younger receivers here developing well. So it's not a big loss in the long term. Short term, I hope this doesn't come back to haunt them later on in the season.

Bronco Yoda
11-02-2009, 03:27 PM
So in other words he's a bigger, older, gimpier Ashley Lelie...

...bring him in. (jk)

KS Bronco
11-02-2009, 04:07 PM
watch for oakland to sign him!

HEAV
11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
watch for oakland to sign him!

Nah The Faiders are all about the younglins now. I'd bet Chambers try's out for the Chefs by Wednesday.

broncofan2438
11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
hahahaha, nice

SportinOne
11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
He will land somewhere, not with us though.. Marshall and Royal are better and he doesn't fit the roles that Gaffney and Stokely play.

Bears?

400HZ
11-02-2009, 06:16 PM
He lost his ability to get open downfield after his ankle injury and that was really the only part of his game that was special. I'm still kind of surprised that he was cut, though. Floyd is the more effective receiver right now, but he has had injury problems every year that he's been asked to be a starter. I'm never a fan of reducing depth at a position even if it appears strong at the time.

kdissette
11-02-2009, 06:18 PM
we dont have waiver priority to get him but i say put in a claim for him and hope for the best

lander
11-02-2009, 06:19 PM
He lost his ability to get open downfield after his ankle injury and that was really the only part of his game that was special. I'm still kind of surprised that he was cut, though. Floyd is the more effective receiver right now, but he has had injury problems every year that he's been asked to be a starter. I'm never a fan of reducing depth at a position even if it appears strong at the time.

I'm not a fan of reducing depth either but we need to sign another linebacker to cover for the injuries to Dobbins and Burnett.

baja
11-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Does he play any guard?

UberBroncoMan
11-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Something tells me he's going to be a Bear.

Kaylore
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
He's been done for awhile now.

baja
11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
He's been done for awhile now.

can he punt?

JJJ
11-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Definitely surprising, the Charger trolls told me he was the awesomes!

Was is the operative word. Got two strong years out of him. Mentally couldn't seem to handle not being a starter. Time to move on and give the young guys more playing time.

tsiguy96
11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Was is the operative word. Got two strong years out of him. Mentally couldn't seem to handle not being a starter. Time to move on and give the young guys more playing time.

it seems like they cut him so they didnt have to steal reps from the young guys to give to him out of loyalty or wahtever, this is an easy way for them to get their good guys on the field without any drama or anything.

JJJ
11-02-2009, 11:31 PM
it seems like they cut him so they didnt have to steal reps from the young guys to give to him out of loyalty or wahtever, this is an easy way for them to get their good guys on the field without any drama or anything.

Fully agree.

Only drawback though is two of their young guys historically have been injury magnets, Floyd and Davis.

HEAV
11-03-2009, 02:44 PM
The Chiefs have reportedly claimed Chris Chambers off waivers from the Chargers.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-03-2009, 02:57 PM
The Chiefs have reportedly claimed Chris Chambers off waivers from the Chargers.

Yep.
CREDIT ESPN NFL INSIDER ADAM SCHEFTER

According to a league source, the Kansas City Chiefs have claimed WR Chris Chambers on waivers.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why? Not only does he suck, but you're helping out the Chargers by taking this guy off their books for $2.5

HEAV
11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Yep.
CREDIT ESPN NFL INSIDER ADAM SCHEFTER

According to a league source, the Kansas City Chiefs have claimed WR Chris Chambers on waivers.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why? Not only does he suck, but you're helping out the Chargers by taking this guy off their books for $2.5

Well they got some cash back from LJ...:giggle:

bronco militia
11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Nah The Faiders are all about the younglins now. I'd bet Chambers try's out for the Chefs by Wednesday.

nice one!

http://www.codexmagica.com/images/miss_cleo.jpg