PDA

View Full Version : Holy *%$# RELAX everyone!

garandman
11-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Why is everyone freaking out? Yea we had a bad game, a very bad game but it was bound to happen eventually. We will not win every game, let's see how we respond next week.

I am still drinking the kool-aid, the offensive line took the day off and when that happens your offense will look like it did. Its an abberation folks, take it easy....

SonOfLe-loLang
11-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Because this is the mane. No thinking involved.

dbfan4life
11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Seriously, did you really expect it NOT to happen? It was inevitable. Expect the same for subsequent losses.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Seriously, did you really expect it NOT to happen? It was inevitable. Expect the same for subsequent losses.

Seriously, if we lose to Pitt next week (and its def. possible, they are a good team that matches us REALLY well), this place will go FULL meltdown mode...even though any of us would have taken 6-2 halfway through the season. So shortsighted.

cousinal11
11-02-2009, 09:55 AM
At least we're not Packer fans this morning.

Rohirrim
11-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Who is "everyone?" Name names.

GoBroncos DownUnder
11-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I actually don't think it's too bad in here. Especially compared to the insanity of our off-season meltdown.

We lost, yeah, was bound to happen.

BigPlayShay
11-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YersIyzsOpc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YersIyzsOpc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TailgateNut
11-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I actually don't think it's too bad in here. Especially compared to the insanity of our off-season meltdown.

No shiate. (however,there were a few who thought we were going undefeated:spit:)

cousinal11
11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YersIyzsOpc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YersIyzsOpc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What exactly was he attempting to do with that remote?

Looks like a future duke grad. Hilarious!

Ambiguous
11-02-2009, 10:25 AM

I was just thinking that people around here are a lot more level headed and calm than I expected. I guess I just got used to the drama after last season's meltdown and the crazy off season.

Pony Boy
11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOE9S1K5hc4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOE9S1K5hc4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sassy
11-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Really. I thought the board was actually kind of boring. No real meltdowns...a lot just seem to have accepted it.

missingnumber7
11-02-2009, 10:51 AM
No shiate. (however,there were a few who thought we were going undefeated:spit:)

Exactly...Not a bad team to lose to, crappy loss, but there are worse teams to lose to.

Endy
11-02-2009, 10:54 AM

WHAT?!?!?! WE'RE GOING TO LOSE AGAIN?????? I'm going out to lay in the street.

Hulamau
11-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Why is everyone freaking out? Yea we had a bad game, a very bad game but it was bound to happen eventually. We will not win every game, let's see how we respond next week.

I am still drinking the kool-aid, the offensive line took the day off and when that happens your offense will look like it did. Its an abberation folks, take it easy....

Who is freaking out??

Bronco Warrior
11-02-2009, 11:01 AM
All loses suck. Riding a high like we have been is bound to have a nasty withdrawl. Critiquing team weakness isn't panic or over-reaction, and if we disagree, it all that is, a difference of opinion. Every pro coach would have a diferent take on why we lost, and how to fix it. Which of you are above being disagreed with; with your flawless analysis and perfect football knowledge? Strenuously disagree if you must! Take your best shots at one another on the merits of the game and how we played, but when you resort to words like idiot, and asshat, and take shots at a poster personally, you reduce it to just sheer immatured angry crap that doesn't bode well for your creditbility or your ability to communicate. It is something I need to work on as well.

Blart
11-02-2009, 11:02 AM
"Calm down" threads are more common than freakout threads

Cito Pelon
11-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Eh, it's still too early to tell how the AFC playoff picture will pan out. Just gotta wait and see how the season plays out. The bottom line is there will be six teams that make the AFC playoffs. Denver, despite stumbling Sunday, is still probably one of the six or seven best teams in the AFC.

Just gotta wait and see how it plays out. Denver gets to play Indy and Pitt, two of the top AFC teams. If Denver loses both those games, our playoff chances drop maybe not dramatically but certainly drop after losing to Baltimore.

The cold hard fact IMO is Denver has to win the AFC West, and that will require a 10-6. Here is SD's remaining schedule:

9 Nov 08 SD @ NYG Giants Stadium 4:15 PM
10 Nov 15 PHI @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:15 PM
11 Nov 22 SD @ DEN Invesco Field at Mile High 4:15 PM
12 Nov 29 KC @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:05 PM
13 Dec 06 SD @ CLE Cleveland Browns Stadium 4:05 PM
14 Dec 13 SD @ DAL Cowboys Stadium 4:15 PM
15 Dec 20 CIN @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:05 PM
16 Dec 25 SD @ TEN LP Field 7:30 PM
17 Jan 03 WAS @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:15 PM

SD at 4-3 right now will prolly finish 9-7 at worst.

It's certainly gonna be interesting to see how it plays out, but that's what we hope for, right? To have it be an interesting season.

cutthemdown
11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
If freaking out means realizing that this team might not be built as big and physical as some of the teams we have to play, then whatever.

Broncos blueprint for success goes beyond first yr. Great start for Mcdaniels which for him was huge, but it's obvious for this offense to work we need to run the ball better and not fumble.

Orton is what he is. We won't be having as explosive offense under him as we did Cutler. It's back to being more like Plummers was were he can put up yrds, but mostly in the context of an smooth running offense.

Orton along with other didn't play well and they got smacked in the mouths. Broncos are licking there wounds, lets see how they respond against another tough physical team.

NFLBRONCO
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
What I don't get is 95% of the board picking 6 or less wins this year including myself and we are freaking out over 1 loss. Regardless of how we finish record wise WE still have the same issues and concerns we had going into the season. This team lacks clutch players that can handle adverse situations. Stokes BM Royal and Orton folded afraid of getting hit yesterday bad games are one thing wilting like flowers is another esp from your best players.

broncofan2438
11-02-2009, 11:53 AM
At least we're not Packer fans this morning.

Or Giants fans

Miss I.
11-02-2009, 12:19 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNPp6x7j9I8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNPp6x7j9I8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

barryr
11-02-2009, 12:25 PM
The Shanahan fans apparently believe the Broncos went 16-0 quite often and didn't experience any bad losses. Just people who have been saving up for their bitch session finally getting their wish when thinking they would have had the chance a long time ago.

Broncomutt
11-02-2009, 12:26 PM

I agree.

Bronco Warrior
11-02-2009, 12:35 PM
The sad thing for me is that I had predicted this as a loss when the season started, as one of our 6 LOSES, but after the start of 6 and 0 I got all jacked up for another win. McDaniels schemes had covered up Orton's glaring deficiencies well enough to win inspite of his underthrown passes and inability to throw deep...was drunk on the Koolaid! Makes me feel kinda stupid now. That is my biggest problem...I knew better and this game hit home to reality. I liked it better when I was deluded into thinking that ORton could play up to the level needed to get us all the way there. Yes it is only one loss but it's feels like the end of the world to get snapped back to reality like that!

Beantown Bronco
11-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Seriously, if we lose to Pitt next week (and its def. possible, they are a good team that matches us REALLY well), this place will go FULL meltdown mode...even though any of us would have taken 6-2 halfway through the season. So shortsighted.

To be fair, of course ALL of us would've taken 6-2 and been ecstatic if given the option back in July or August. But, if you presented that option during the bye-week, when we already knew the team was 6-0, do you really expect someone to be just as happy about it?

Should someone be happy with an 8-8 team that lost their last 8 games of the season just because they predicted 6 or 7 wins for them at the beginning of the season?

Having said that, I took yesterday's loss much better than I've taken any loss in recent memory. It was just one of those duds that was bound to happen. Sucks that they looked so bad after a bye week, but that's what happens when you run into a really good team at home that tends to have your number and is REALLY pumped up for the game.