PDA

View Full Version : McD must open up the play book--Fans need to support

rastaman
11-02-2009, 08:08 AM
I think Orton needs to have more confidence in himself! and McD and the fans need to show more confidence and SUPPORT for Orton. Simply put, Orton needs to take more calculated RISK on occassion and WE need to support HIM. Even if he throws an interception every now and then. Yesterday, Orton managed the game so well that he had ZERO TD passes and ZERO interceptions!!! This proves that managing the game dosen't necessarily equal to WINNING GAMES.

The Defense has played its heart out thus far and can't be expected to carry the offense. McD on the other hand needs to trust the offensive players he has assembled. The players have bought into what McD wanted to do, now its time for McD to trust as well and open up the play book and let the chips fall where they may the last two months.

The Broncos practices from now until the end of the season needs to have "Deep Ball" drills and plays run over and over again until they get it right! McD needs to pull Orton aside and implore confidence in Kyle that he can complete the deep ball, and let the chips fall where they may!! Oh and by the coach McD.......lets cut the empty back field formation on every play practically and lets put a lead blocking full back in front of Buckhalter and Moreno!!!

And we Fans need to trust and stand behind McD and Orton regardless of the out come during the next two months! Can we finally get some fan buy in?? You DANCE WITH WHO BRUNG YOU.

November and December is not the time for fans to start Monday morning QBcking. And McD needs to trust his players and not micro-manage. You know you can "Micro-Manage" your out of the playoffs and into a losing season.

Orton needs to basically have the attitude of "Take-the-Handcuffs off" and let me lead this team on the field and interceptions be DAMNED! McD needs to open up the playbook so the players can gain confidence in themselves for the remainder of the season and build for next season!!

McD can micro-manage from March-October! November thru Jan you open up the play book and trust your offensive players to get the job done and even support them when they fail.

As for us fans....we should also partak in 20/20 hindsight, the Monday morning quarter backing two step, biatch-moan and complain MARCH-OCTOBER as well. But once November-January time frame rolls around we gotta man-up and support!

ENOUGH SAID.

Pick Six
11-02-2009, 09:12 AM
ENOUGH SAID.

You should have stopped there...Ha!

Look, the bottom line is that we were beaten on this particular week. Nothing from the play yesterday indicates that it will become a pattern. We just couldn't get our offense on track. It happens from time to time. It's very rare for a team to go undefeated in a season, anymore.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Orton did not have time to do anything because the OL had an uncharacteristically poor game. We also could not run the ball. Unless Peyton Manning is your QB, you are going to have problems offensively under those circumstances. Fortunately, Cutler was not our QB yesterady; this is the sort of game where he would have tossed 2 or 3 picks and we probably have a demoralizing 44-7 loss.

HEAV
11-02-2009, 09:52 AM
For this offense to be effective it has to run the ball. The run will set up the play-action pass, allowing Orton to throw downfield when the defense playing up to stop Moreno and C-buck.

Running the ball is a must in any offense, but for this offense you have to run and run effective. Now that's not to say that trying a deep throw won't lossen the defense and free up the run. It's just that the front line at times gets dominated and allows pressure inside.

Orton clearly had a bad day yesterday, playcalling could have been better, blocking could have been better, recievers could have made more plays... bad day for the offense overall as a whole.

cousinal11
11-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Orton did not have time to do anything because the OL had an uncharacteristically poor game. We also could not run the ball. Unless Peyton Manning is your QB, you are going to have problems offensively under those circumstances. Fortunately, Cutler was not our QB yesterady; this is the sort of game where he would have tossed 2 or 3 picks and we probably have a demoralizing 44-7 loss.

Agree, but I've seen Manning have some bad days against great defenses.

BroncoMan4ever
11-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I think Orton needs to have more confidence in himself! and McD and the fans need to show more confidence and SUPPORT for Orton. Simply put, Orton needs to take more calculated RISK on occassion and WE need to support HIM. Even if he throws an interception every now and then. Yesterday, Orton managed the game so well that he had ZERO TD passes and ZERO interceptions!!! This proves that managing the game dosen't necessarily equal to WINNING GAMES.

The Defense has played its heart out thus far and can't be expected to carry the offense. McD on the other hand needs to trust the offensive players he has assembled. The players have bought into what McD wanted to do, now its time for McD to trust as well and open up the play book and let the chips fall where they may the last two months.

The Broncos practices from now until the end of the season needs to have "Deep Ball" drills and plays run over and over again until they get it right! McD needs to pull Orton aside and implore confidence in Kyle that he can complete the deep ball, and let the chips fall where they may!! Oh and by the coach McD.......lets cut the empty back field formation on every play practically and lets put a lead blocking full back in front of Buckhalter and Moreno!!!

And we Fans need to trust and stand behind McD and Orton regardless of the out come during the next two months! Can we finally get some fan buy in?? You DANCE WITH WHO BRUNG YOU.

November and December is not the time for fans to start Monday morning QBcking. And McD needs to trust his players and not micro-manage. You know you can "Micro-Manage" your out of the playoffs and into a losing season.

Orton needs to basically have the attitude of "Take-the-Handcuffs off" and let me lead this team on the field and interceptions be DAMNED! McD needs to open up the playbook so the players can gain confidence in themselves for the remainder of the season and build for next season!!

McD can micro-manage from March-October! November thru Jan you open up the play book and trust your offensive players to get the job done and even support them when they fail.

As for us fans....we should also partak in 20/20 hindsight, the Monday morning quarter backing two step, biatch-moan and complain MARCH-OCTOBER as well. But once November-January time frame rolls around we gotta man-up and support!

ENOUGH SAID.

it isn't that Orton chose to play the game manager role yesterday, he didn't have the necessary time to allow deeper riskier routes to develop and take shots down the field. almost all game Baltimore was almost immediately right in his face on almost every snap it seemed. how can he go downfield if it takes longer for those routes to develop and he barely had enough time to get rid of the ball on short underneath routes?

also, give me a break with this support the coach and QB. all true fans support them and are happy to be 6-1 in a season where the majority of people felt we would be lucky to win 6 games all season.

people need to stop putting so much stock into the Baltimore game. they are a very tough team and a few odd plays away from being undefeated. there record did not portray them correctly. Baltimore came out from the opening snap and punched Denver in the mouth. they set the tempo immediately, and did not give the offense any opportunity to get going.

also, there are not many teams in the league built like the Ravens, so the way they beat us isn't going to happen every week now.

HEAV
11-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Just remember that rastaman and broncowarrior are friends...nuff said.

Hulamau
11-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Think I'll let Josh short this one out, rather that hand it over to the Rasta's of the world ... :-) six weeks ago Rasta would have posted a FAN petition to have Josh tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail, so excuse me if his sudden 'Flash of Football Insight' into the supposed structural ill's at Dove Valley rings a little shallow !!! Tootaloo!

broncocalijohn
11-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Just remember that rastaman and broncowarrior are friends...nuff said.

Does BW hang on Shanny's nuts too like Rasta? Amazing we lose one game in all three parts of the game and now we can pin point it to find the problem to cure all. Look, one game, we were overmatched and we will easily bounce back from this. Orton is better off throwing in the pocket. How many times was he chased out to throw? Hell, last sack was on Bucky with one of the worst blocks a back can (try) to make. It was just ugly all around. Steelers are a different team and the home cooking will help. I am more confident on this game then I was vs the Ravens. 6-1 record with this team has been awesome and I see no reason to not win at least 5 more.

gtown
11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I watch the Ravens every weekened. That team should have been 6-0 coming into the game yesterday. We simply got worked by a very good team in all three phases.

Nothing to be ashamed about and focus on the Steelers, who are not quite as good as they were last year.

Dagmar
11-02-2009, 11:31 AM
This rasta guy is asking the fans to support us! Hilarious!

enjolras
11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
I, like everyone else, couldn't disagree more. Yesterday was a complete and utter breakdown of pass protection. I haven't seen a Bronco QB under that much pressure in a LONG time.

Particularly: We need a running back who can actually pick up a decently skilled linebacker in pass protection. They kept overload blitzing, and our running backs kept whiffing throughout the game. That's what McD really needs to solve.

Rohirrim
11-02-2009, 11:51 AM
I, like everyone else, couldn't disagree more. Yesterday was a complete and utter breakdown of pass protection. I haven't seen a Bronco QB under that much pressure in a LONG time.

Particularly: We need a running back who can actually pick up a decently skilled linebacker in pass protection. They kept overload blitzing, and our running backs kept whiffing throughout the game. That's what McD really needs to solve.

I thought the first play from scrimmage in that game was a harbinger of what was to come.

Dagmar
11-02-2009, 11:51 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/2/129016613064051459.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
11-02-2009, 12:16 PM

exactly. so many are saying we couldn't pass the ball downfield because Orton lacks the arm strength and is nothing but a game manager, that is completely bogus. he didn't have the time necessary for those deeper routes to develop, and was forced to go short, throw the ball away or take a sack. it had nothing to do with lack of arm strength or him being a supposed game manager, our OL got worked over by Baltimore and Orton was under constant pressure.

Popps
11-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Yesterday, Orton managed the game so well that he had ZERO TD passes and ZERO interceptions!!! This proves that managing the game dosen't necessarily equal to WINNING GAMES.

ENOUGH SAID.

The winning QB yesterday had 1 TD and 175 yards.

WOW!

They really "opened up" that Baltimore offense, huh? Practically the 99 Rams.

How's this, if we would have been able to run for 4 yards on first down like most of the season, Orton would have been fine. If he would have had time to throw the ball, Orton would have been fine.

But, Baltimore was in kitchen-sink mode and Orton barely had time to take the snap. The one play where he had time to throw, we had to use trickery to get him a couple of seconds.

Baltimore outplayed and out-coached us.

The only thing Orton did by "game managing" was kept us in a game we probably could have been blown out of.

6-0 at the half, and 13-7 mid-way through the 3rd. It's not as if weren't in this game.

Why do people have such a hard time grasping the simple concept that superior defenses win games? Why is that so difficult for the average fan?
Baltimore throws an epic defensive effort at us, and people just assume our offense is flawed.

How about this... defense trumps offense in games like this. How many times do we have to go over this ****?

anon
11-02-2009, 12:59 PM
If we hadn't given up a TD on special teams, momentum might have been different. I didn't mind the conservatism on offense until later when we really needed to score quickly to have a chance.

snowspot66
11-02-2009, 01:30 PM
6-0 at the half, and 13-7 mid-way through the 3rd. It's not as if weren't in this game.

And 10 of those points fall at the feet of offensive and special teams ****ups. We should have been in the lead but we shot our own foot off.

Bronco Yoda
11-02-2009, 01:50 PM
I watch the Ravens every weekened. That team should have been 6-0 coming into the game yesterday. We simply got worked by a very good team in all three phases.

Nothing to be ashamed about and focus on the Steelers, who are not quite as good as they were last year.

I agree. I had them at as a playoff team from the start. IMO they are the most physical team now that the titans have gotten a little softer. They have lost some very close games so far. They could be 7-0 without stretching it too far.

lazarus4444
11-02-2009, 01:59 PM
When you play teams like Dallas, NE, SD, BAL, PIT, IND there is very little margin for mistakes. We made too many mistakes as a team and got flipped over pretty quickly. Our defense was playing well yesterday but special teams let us down and the offense never got in rhythm. It's all about mistakes and taking advantage of them. We made mistakes, BAL didn't, they took advantage of ours, end of story.