PDA

View Full Version : Ravens vs Broncos By The Numbers

HEAV
11-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Ravens: 340 315 309 315 310

Broncos: 325 290 285 303 300

The numbers you see above are the weights of the starting Offensive linemen of both teams.

290 is Hamilton and Casey Wiegmann at 285 could be the lightest starting center in the league!

It's clear that Hamilton can't handle BIG defensive linemen and even on the lone TD run, by Knowshon, Russ Hochstein was inserted at fullback and help plow a hole. Heart alone can't block.

Looking at the Patriots line they have everyone of their starters over 300.

Basically over the next few (maybe one) years we will see the Broncos get bigger up front via draft & free agency. But for now Mcdainels has to work with what was left over.

NFLBRONCO
11-01-2009, 10:10 PM
I think a top priority will be adding size to interior OL next offseason.

snowspot66
11-01-2009, 10:43 PM
We need to buff up badly on the left side. It's really going to cost us if we don't. We have too much talent on offense to not be more consistent but the left side just isn't able to handle it consistently. Same as last year.

Doggcow
11-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Broncos should pick up Kenny Alfred and groom him to take the starting job in a few years.
http://wsucougars.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/alfred_kenny00.html

I'm being a little bit of a homer here, but I do believe Alfred will be a solid Pro. He's one of the best lineman in the PAC-10 (which is hard when he plays for our dog**** team). He is a solid team guy and will bring great leadership to the line and he's just a beast on the field.

ColoradoDarin
11-02-2009, 05:28 AM
Seth Olsen is 308 pounds, so hopefully that's one answer, but we'll still need a C.

gyldenlove
11-02-2009, 07:13 AM
There is no doubt we are going to add an offensive lineman in the draft this year, I think Olsen will get some looked at LG at some point, especially if Hamilton keeps getting dominated by size.

I noted with Hamilton yesterday he got beat by taking bad angles on a number of snaps, he would either go wide and the DE would cut inside or he would go inside and the DE would go by on his outside shoulder.