PDA

View Full Version : We Were Exposed... So What

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 02:33 PM
I will say that I'm highly impressed with this year's team, even when you don't take into account how bad the defense was last year. We play to win, not for stats. It's not necessarily flashy but it's fun to watch, especially when the defense is playing at a high level. That said, despite the crazy stats that we have accumulated and the shiny record, the same things that plagued us today have been there all season. It has less to do with us coming out flat and more to do with the limitations of the team. The first 6 teams failed to take advantage of those weaknesses. The Ravens did not. They were completely on top of their game. They had an incredible amount of intensity that, aside from Dawkins and Larsen, we failed to match. They also executed when it counted.

Weaknesses:
Smart, but limited talent at QB.
Fumbles
Non-existent first half offense plus mediocre first half defense
Goodman (a pass rush makes him look much better)
Lack of a pass rush when not sending the house
Special teams (please, just push ctrl+z and give Kern a bonus for being a sport)
Royal as a returner (sans week 6)

Again, these things have been here all year long. Being limited at QB doesn't hurt you unless you play a great defense that forces you to make big-talent plays. Orton is quasi-capable of this (Scheffler TD against SD), but not today.

All that said... we knew (or at least should have known) that we weren't the '07 Patriots. The fact of the matter is that this team will only get better over the next few years when we get more and more talent in here. The team is playing well but these guys are not pro bowlers by any means. Our success is the product of great coaching, quality leadership, and average to above average players who are willing to follow. We are definitely a playoff-caliber team, and, due to the brand of football we play, we still have a shot to win any game. No, it's not likey, but we could win the superbowl. That's more than most teams can say.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 02:39 PM
So the revolving door OLine is due to the QB limiting his team. Orton isn't a superstar but he isn't limiting the team. The OL got destroyed by a chaotic pass rush scheme. The OL is what worries me

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 02:44 PM
So the revolving door OLine is due to the QB limiting his team. Orton isn't a superstar but he isn't limiting the team. The OL got destroyed by a chaotic pass rush scheme. The OL is what worries me

Being limited at QB doesn't hurt you unless you play a great defense that forces you to make big-talent plays. Orton is quasi-capable of this (Scheffler TD against SD).

Kaylore
11-01-2009, 02:45 PM
I disagree with some of what you posted and some I agreed with.

You are right in that our special teams is still sub-par. Eddie Royal dances too much. He needs to take the ball and go. He also needs to kneel down when he's five yards deep. I still think we can do better for our return man. Royal's two returns against San Diego he was untouched. He didn't do anything amazing to make guys miss. Our coverage is bad too. Larsen back and blowing people up is good, but overall I am not satisfied with Priefer at all.

You're wrong that we "have no pass rush when we don't send the house." Half our sacks are when we rush four this year and that's the same number everyone else gets. We also got back there but couldn't finish. We had the QB or RB behind the line and they'd find a way to get out of it. I just think we had a bad game.

Orton can throw down field, but he doesn't. He should. Also he's not looking for Stokely on third down and a couple times in the last two games Stokely was wide open and he didn't even look for him. We need to take shots down field or we'll never get the run game going and defense's will eat us alive.

Not worried about fumbles. I felt the fumble today was just a good hit and arguably an incomplete pass.

I agree that Goodman was exposed. They picked on him pretty bad today and I wish they would let Champ Shadow their best receiver.

I thought we did a good job stopping the passes to the TE's and the backs. I thought the Raven's have a good line and that's why the pressure wasn't as good. It didn't suck, we just played a good team. Nolan out-thought himself a bit and we got out-coached on a few plays.

The good news is we're 6-1 and I look forward to seeing how McDaniels addresses a loss. I think some of the team was reading their press clippings during the bye. I think we picked a good day to lose with an extra day to prepare for the Steelers. We'll need to bring our A-game next Monday.

I will be attending and I'm undefeated in Bronco games I attend outside of one preseason loss to the Packers.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 02:46 PM
The O has to go long ball more often.

I don't care if they don't complete them, they have to attempt them to loosen up the D. The long ball has to be part of the overall strategy. No NFL offense has been successful without at least attempting the long pass.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I agree Orton isn't throwing down field but I think he is being told not too. Maybe its McD that needs to slacken up the reigns.

But today was a bad day to try to go down field. He had no pocket and no time. Ravens played an awesome game of Defense today.

NYBronco
11-01-2009, 02:50 PM
McD has done an incredible job putting this team together and the results at this point far exceed my expectations especially when you consider the off season drama theatre. It will take him more then one offseason to get the kind of players he is looking for to fit into his system.

Teams are exposed each week and they adjust after a week of game film review and planning for their next opponent.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I disagree with some of what you posted and some I agreed with.

You are right in that our special teams is still sub-par. Eddie Royal dances too much. He needs to take the ball and go. He also needs to kneel down when he's five yards deep. I still think we can do better for our return man. Royal's two returns against San Diego he was untouched. He didn't do anything amazing to make guys miss. Our coverage is bad too. Larsen back and blowing people up is good, but overall I am not satisfied with Priefer at all.

You're wrong that we "have no pass rush when we don't send the house." Half our sacks are when we rush four this year and that's the same number everyone else gets. We also got back there but couldn't finish. We had the QB or RB behind the line and they'd find a way to get out of it. I just think we had a bad game.

Orton can throw down field, but he doesn't. He should. Also he's not looking for Stokely on third down and a couple times in the last two games Stokely was wide open and he didn't even look for him. We need to take shots down field or we'll never get the run game going and defense's will eat us alive.

Not worried about fumbles. I felt the fumble today was just a good hit and arguably an incomplete pass.

I agree that Goodman was exposed. They picked on him pretty bad today and I wish they would let Champ Shadow their best receiver.

I thought we did a good job stopping the passes to the TE's and the backs. I thought the Raven's have a good line and that's why the pressure wasn't as good. It didn't suck, we just played a good team. Nolan out-thought himself a bit and we got out-coached on a few plays.

The good news is we're 6-1 and I look forward to seeing how McDaniels addresses a loss. I think some of the team was reading their press clippings during the bye. I think we picked a good day to lose with an extra day to prepare for the Steelers. We'll need to bring our A-game next Monday.

I will be attending and I'm undefeated in Bronco games I attend outside of one preseason loss to the Packers.

Salient point.

Bronx33
11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
we were outplayed and out coached not exposed imo.

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 02:53 PM
I agree Orton isn't throwing down field but I think he is being told not too. Maybe its McD that needs to slacken up the reigns.

But today was a bad day to try to go down field. He had no pocket and no time. Ravens played an awesome game of Defense today.

I agree with the notion that McD has some serious clamps on Orton's decision making. For good reason and with great results. 9 Touchdowns and, basically, 0 interceptions. But when the **** hits the fan, more often than not he's not going to make the Roethle-something play. It's fine, though. It goes to show what we have in McDaniels. 2 drafts and 2 free agency periods from now and you might be looking at a juggernaut of a team.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 02:54 PM

Dude had time in the second half, but it was all short patterns.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I agree with the notion that McD has some serious clamps on Orton's decision making. For good reason and with great results. 9 Touchdowns and, basically, 0 interceptions. But when the **** hits the fan, more often than not he's not going to make the Roethle-something play. It's fine, though. It goes to show what we have in McDaniels. 2 drafts and 2 free agency periods from now and you might be looking at a juggernaut of a team.

Yep completely agree! I think this is a great team but a juggernaut is in reach easily, especially if they keep picking personnel like they have.

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Salient point.

Agree that he COULD go down the field. Really, though, most NFL QB's should be able to. Can he go down the field in the face of pressure? Can he evade defenders and find someone wide open when it breaks down? Well?

Edit: It's like a major league hitter... Most of them can hit fastballs out of the park, it's how you deal with the curveball (and other offspeed pitches, obviously).

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 02:58 PM
we were outplayed and out coached not exposed imo.

Exactly, we were outplayed. And yes, the coaches were a little off today.. However, it is a balance. A better team doesn't get beat by 23 when the coaches call a few bad plays. Last year's team gets beat by at least 30, though. Interception city.

elsid13
11-01-2009, 03:00 PM

McDonald is most likely concerned with lack of accuracy. I believe the stat that CBS flashed at beginning of the game for Orton was

80% completion percentage 0-10 yards
30% completion percentage 11-20 yards
11% completion percentage over 20 yards

I can live with poor percentage deep, but that mid-tier passing is unacceptable. He needs to be in upper 50s to low 60s for that range.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Look, I don't care if Orton overthows Marshall long, I'd like to see him throw long. Maybe it's a situation of where Denver got out-coached today. I saw someone that said that and that may be the case.

SportinOne
McDonald is most likely concerned with lack of accuracy. I believe the stat that CBS flashed at beginning of the game for Orton was

I can live with poor percentage deep, but that mid-tier passing is unacceptable. He needs to be in upper 50s to low 60s for that range.

I don't know about low 60's... I would have to see how guys like Peyton and Brees do in that category as a measuring stick.

Lolad
Dude had time in the second half, but it was all short patterns.

agreed. I have a feeling Orton is getting too comfortable behind our line. The 1st play of the game said that.

I think you limit yourself when you can't throw accurately down the field. I'm not talking about 8 yards I mean 12-20 range. A lot of plays I saw Marshall in single coverage on the outside. I think that's a match up you would want to exploit.

Oh.. and Marshall needs to go forward. that 4th down play if they didn't go offsides we didn't make the 1st. He could've easily picked it up. I wonder if he wants TD's since he knows his catches will not be on par with years past??

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh.. and Marshall needs to go forward. that 4th down play if they didn't go offsides we didn't make the 1st. He could've easily picked it up. I wonder if he wants TD's since he knows his catches will not be on par with years past??

I could be wrong, and I agree that he should be more Boldin-like and less Barry-like, but on that particular play I think he saw the flag and knew he had a free play to try and make something happen. If that's the case, that's a smart play. Although, the guy is always looking to score and that has been the case since day one. If anything, until recently at least, he has gotten better about north south running.

Popps
11-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Folks, the Colts barely got by the 49ers today.

The Cards beat NY last week, and now they're getting killed at home against freakin' Carolina.

The Saints almost lost at Miami.

We're just a good team. We're not unbeatable, and all of the cliche' **** about taking care of the ball and not making mistakes played out today. We got sloppy, and frankly... just looked outclassed. Are the Ravens a better team? Maybe. Probably. Could we beat them next Sunday? Sure.

It's way too early to look for patterns in this. It's one loss, and this team is still finding their way. Dealing with losses and moving on is a huge part of it.

As I said before the season, I just want this team to finish strong. We're going to lose games. But, as long as we don't have continued repeat performances like this... it's one game, and you move on.

The NFL is too close in talent to win every week. This stuff happens.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Exactly, we were outplayed. And yes, the coaches were a little off today.. However, it is a balance. A better team doesn't get beat by 23 when the coaches call a few bad plays. Last year's team gets beat by at least 30, though. Interception city.

Yah, it was an outplayed and outcoached sort of situation like you and Bronx33 said.

fontaine
11-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I disagree that Goodman got exposed. The guy has been playing very well this year and in this game he picked up an injury. He was taken to the sidelines and only came back much later so he wasn't at 100% and that's when he gave up a few completions.

From what I could see the Ravens front 7 just played very very well. Our offense couldn't match their coverage even though our running game was moving the chains on 1st/2nd downs.

So far our passing offense has gotten it done in the 2nd half but today they didn't and they all need to play better, not just Orton, but all of them.

Orton isn't the type of QB that can make plays by himself on third downs so it's important that the offense don't make mistakes like missed blocks by Moreno/Hamilton and help him out.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 03:13 PM

True and I can't argue about it except maybe the first 4 games were recovering from a compound dislocation and the glove.

But if the trend continues its definitely cause for concern.

elsid13
11-01-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't know about low 60's... I would have to see how guys like Peyton and Brees do in that category as a measuring stick.

Manning is 65.9% in that area
Brees is 63.6%
Cutler is 57.6%
Ryan is 53.2%
Brady is 50.2%

All stats are from ESPN splits as of last week.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Folks, the Colts barely got by the 49ers today.

The Cards beat NY last week, and now they're getting killed at home against freakin' Carolina.

The Saints almost lost at Miami.

We're just a good team. We're not unbeatable, and all of the cliche' **** about taking care of the ball and not making mistakes played out today. We got sloppy, and frankly... just looked outclassed. Are the Ravens a better team? Maybe. Probably. Could we beat them next Sunday? Sure.

It's way too early to look for patterns in this. It's one loss, and this team is still finding their way. Dealing with losses and moving on is a huge part of it.

As I said before the season, I just want this team to finish strong. We're going to lose games. But, as long as we don't have continued repeat performances like this... it's one game, and you move on.

The NFL is too close in talent to win every week. This stuff happens.

Yup. Gonna have to address that.

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Brees is 63.6%
Cutler is 57.6%
Ryan is 53.2%
Brady is 50.2%

Are those the leaders or just a random selection ordered from best to worst?

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I disagree that Goodman got exposed. The guy has been playing very well this year and in this game he picked up an injury. He was taken to the sidelines and only came back much later so he wasn't at 100% and that's when he gave up a few completions.

From what I could see the Ravens front 7 just played very very well. Our offense couldn't match their coverage even though our running game was moving the chains on 1st/2nd downs.

So far our passing offense has gotten it done in the 2nd half but today they didn't and they all need to play better, not just Orton, but all of them.

Orton isn't the type of QB that can make plays by himself on third downs so it's important that the offense don't make mistakes like missed blocks by Moreno/Hamilton and help him out.

I believe that was Hill that got injured. Goodman is a decent CB, but he has been at his best, as any CB would, when we get pressure on the QB. I guess you could consider my calling him a weakness a bit picky but when you have Champ who usually plays well no matter what it's hard to not be.

I think it's worth noting that his open-field tackling did him in more than his coverage today.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 03:25 PM

Last year Pittsburgh lost a game 31-14
2007 Giants lost to Minnesota 41-17
2006 the Colts lost 44-17 to Jacksonville.

Good teams have bad games every year. We all know what the end result for the 3 above were those years. Not saying the Broncos will do the same but teams have bad days. So there is no need to panic or say anything was exposed.

Popps
11-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Yup. Gonna have to address that.

Sure, and that's why the optimistic around here tried to keep expectations in check, preseason. Turns out, we're going to compete for a playoff spot. But, we have a way to go. We're still building this team.

Sounds like "coach-speak," but you really DO find out where you are on a day like today. They're a damned good, desperate team. They came out and muscled us pretty much from the get-go.

Basically, they're the team we're working on being.

But, we've got progress to make and in reality, probably a couple of players to add.

This "exposed" talk is just overdone, though. We are what we are... an improving team in a tightly-competitive league.

Weeks like this suck, and are a reminder that you'd better enjoy those wins when we get them.

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Last year Pittsburgh lost a game 31-14
2007 Giants lost to Minnesota 41-17
2006 the Colts lost 44-17 to Jacksonville.

Good teams have bad games every year. We all know what the end result for the 3 above were those years. Not saying the Broncos will do the same but teams have bad days. So there is no need to panic or say anything was exposed.

This thread isn't about panic. I like where this team is, I'm just saying that there is much room for improvement... which is exciting. I guess you could say that this organization now has a very high ceiling.

*Famous*
11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
We didn't have the intensity today and didn't get any turn overs. One subtle move i think played a big part is that when we won the toss we elected to recieve. Baltimore was fired up and the strength of their team is the Defense. We had to face them out of the gate and once they got us on the first play big sack it was a 3 and out. We lost the field position battle the entire first half from then on. Also at halftime we kicked to them and they took it to the house. Two huge momentum generators for the home team.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
This thread isn't about panic. I like where this team is, I'm just saying that there is much room for improvement... which is exciting. I guess you could say that this organization now has a very high ceiling.

I know you aren't panicking! But I am sure others are. It was a bad loss and shows some needs to fix. I agree its exciting. Plus I am sure the bye, goofy practice schedule with the storm, 11am game, Ravens playing hungry added to just a bad day. It happens and even if this team goes 5-5 for the second half they finish 11-5 and most likely in the playoffs. So there is really not much to be concerned of yet.

SportinOne
11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Sure, and that's why the optimistic around here tried to keep expectations in check, preseason. Turns out, we're going to compete for a playoff spot. But, we have a way to go. We're still building this team.

Sounds like "coach-speak," but you really DO find out where you are on a day like today. They're a damned good, desperate team. They came out and muscled us pretty much from the get-go.

Basically, they're the team we're working on being.

But, we've got progress to make and in reality, probably a couple of players to add.

This "exposed" talk is just overdone, though. We are what we are... an improving team in a tightly-competitive league.

Weeks like this suck, and are a reminder that you'd better enjoy those wins when we get them.

Public opinion is going to be that we were exposed. My underlying point was that any bronco fan, or anyone that has paid attention to every play this year, would not be surprised by today's results and would have been aware of our limitations. I don't really feel bad about today. It was highly entertaining while we were still in it. Lots of good hits, near misses, exciting plays. If we had to lose, I'm glad that we lost to a team of that caliber. When they are playing well on defense it's hard to move the ball, and we even did that at times.

LRtagger
11-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Brees is 63.6%
Cutler is 57.6%
Ryan is 53.2%
Brady is 50.2%

And according to ESPN Orton is 50.0%, not 30%... and 43% in throws 21-30 yards...pretty on par with most of the league's QBs.

elsid13
11-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Are those the leaders or just a random selection ordered from best to worst?

Random selection of some better known QBs to use as a comparison. I didn't go out of my way on selecting QBs.

elsid13
11-01-2009, 03:45 PM
And according to ESPN Orton is 50.0%, not 30%... and 43% in throws 21-30 yards...pretty on par with most of the league's QBs.

I just noticed this too. I wonder why CBS showed those other numbers?

Bronx33
11-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I just noticed this too. I wonder why CBS showed those other numbers?

It's part of obamas media diversity ( dry run i think).

Gort
11-01-2009, 04:07 PM
We didn't have the intensity today and didn't get any turn overs. One subtle move i think played a big part is that when we won the toss we elected to recieve. Baltimore was fired up and the strength of their team is the Defense. We had to face them out of the gate and once they got us on the first play big sack it was a 3 and out. We lost the field position battle the entire first half from then on. Also at halftime we kicked to them and they took it to the house. Two huge momentum generators for the home team.

i thought that too. i thought i'd rather see their O on the field first, rather than let their D set the intensity. plus we get the ball to start the 2nd half. i have to believe McD thought of that in advance. i wonder why he chose not to do it.

Gort
11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
I know you aren't panicking! But I am sure others are. It was a bad loss and shows some needs to fix. I agree its exciting. Plus I am sure the bye, goofy practice schedule with the storm, 11am game, Ravens playing hungry added to just a bad day. It happens and even if this team goes 5-5 for the second half they finish 11-5 and most likely in the playoffs. So there is really not much to be concerned of yet.

if they finish 5-4 in their last 9 games, there's not much to be confident about going into the playoffs. this team needs to go 6-3 or better from here on out. we've got 2 against KC, 1 against OAK, and 1 against WAS. they MUST win those 4 and pick off 2 more W's against other so-called good teams for me to be confident that they are ready to make a push in the playoffs. it's not enough to get there... they need to advance in the playoffs.

oubronco
11-01-2009, 05:29 PM

sorry but when you can't throw a accurate pass longer than 10 yds the defense will stack the line and take away the short throws he's got to throw it downfield to open it up the question is can he?

azbroncfan
11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Patriots always had a game or two like this every year except the 16-0 regular season year. A loss whether or not it was a blowout or not still counts as only a loss. Step it up and fight a fight with Pittsburgh next monday and get a W at home.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 05:33 PM
sorry but when you can't throw a accurate pass longer than 10 yds the defense will stack the line and take away the short throws he's got to throw it downfield to open it up the question is can he?

Yeah but he can so whats your point? Oh wait this is the overreaction I was referring to.

::)

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Patriots always had a game or two like this every year except the 16-0 regular season year. A loss whether or not it was a blowout or not still counts as only a loss. Step it up and fight a fight with Pittsburgh next monday and get a W at home.

Yep and so has every team who has won the Superbowl in the past 3+ years.

Archer81
11-01-2009, 05:44 PM
**** happens.

Bring on Pixberg.

:Broncos:

BlaK-Argentina
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Exposed? What a dumb think to say. As Apa pointed out, a lot of factors played out and we just got outplayed. I'm not even convinced the Ravens are a better team, they HAD to have this one and they didn't get desperate, they played smart, passionate football and we were not on the same level of intensity. They also got most of the breaks and took advantage of them. We played a sloppy game but most of the credit goes to Baltimore.

I thought we were 4 or 5 plays away from being in this one at the end. Flacco escaping sacks, missed tackles in the backfield, the huge KO return all played a big part in us losing, it just wasn't our day as it's been the first 6 weeks. I'm not worried at all. Now the team sees that we're not unbeatable and they will stay hungry. I think you always need a good kick in the nuts in life to keep you real and working hard. I'm guessing we'll come out on fire at home next week and beat Pitt who by all means looks beatable.

Congrats to the Ravens on a good game. GO BRONCOS!

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Nothing was really exposed here. As I mentioned in another thread, the Ravens executed and took advantage of their opportunities (and had a big ST play). We only gave up 290 yards (I believe?) and the D only gave up one TD of consequence. For all the talk of Goodman being exposed, sure he gave up a few completions and gave up the TD (which was a great rope by flacco and also a play where the safety never rolled over to that side of the field.) We got beat...the Ravens may have come into this game 3-3, but they lost their last three by a total of 11 points. They are a very good team and it was in their backyard.

No reason to press the panic button, lets see how we respond.

jsco70
11-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm not even convinced the Ravens are a better team, they HAD to have this one and they didn't get desperate, they played smart, passionate football and we were not on the same level of intensity. They also got most of the breaks and took advantage of them. We played a sloppy game but most of the credit goes to Baltimore.

I thought we were 4 or 5 plays away from being in this one at the end. Flacco escaping sacks, missed tackles in the backfield, the huge KO return all played a big part in us losing, it just wasn't our day as it's been the first 6 weeks. I'm not worried at all. Now the team sees that we're not unbeatable and they will stay hungry. I think you always need a good kick in the nuts in life to keep you real and working hard. I'm guessing we'll come out on fire at home next week and beat Pitt who by all means looks beatable.

Congrats to the Ravens on a good game. GO BRONCOS!

Good post. I didn't expect Denver to win this game regardless of their record. Ravens are tough to beat as it is, add the fact they had lost a few games in a row, had to have this game, and you get what we had here today.

Rohirrim
11-01-2009, 06:13 PM
The Broncos weren't "exposed." That would mean they aren't for real and are going to suck from here on out. Totally untrue. They came out flat. Sometimes that happens after a bye week. The Ratbirds came out clawing and scratching to keep their season alive. They put it all out on the table and the Broncos didn't respond with the same intensity. If McD is the coach I think he is, I'll bet Pittsburgh won't like what they see next Monday night. Also, I'll be curious to see if the ratbirds have anything in the tank for Cincy next week. If I had to guess, I would say that the Bengals are going to burn them good. The Broncos are one of the better teams in the league right now. They will bounce back next week.

baja
11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Even if we lose to the Steelers we will be in the hunt at the end of the season.

azbroncfan
11-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I wished I could see a zoomed out version of our blocking on the kickoff returns and see if anyone even hit a raven running down the field. It seemed like as soon as Royal started running there were a minimum of 4 Ravens there to smash him.

oubronco
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah but he can so whats your point? Oh wait this is the overreaction I was referring to.

::)

your blind to think so they showed a graphic before the game that proved it anything over 10 yds and he sucks

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
your blind to think so they showed a graphic before the game that proved it anything over 10 yds and he sucks

Which has subsequently been discounted by stats on other websites including ESPN. Sounds like you are the blind one, with hate.

Archer81
11-01-2009, 08:49 PM

Really? One loss and he sucks? Check ESPN...they disprove CBS.

:Broncos:

SportinOne
11-02-2009, 08:56 AM
The Broncos weren't "exposed." That would mean they aren't for real and are going to suck from here on out. Totally untrue.

Being exposed can mean a lot of things. Had you read the entire OP you would understand what I was getting at.

Rohirrim
11-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Being exposed can mean a lot of things. Had you read the entire OP you would understand what I was getting at.

Of course I read it. Sorry your panties are in a knot. "Exposed" is a..., well let's just say, an exagerration. The Broncos came out a little flat against a good team that was in a desperate situation playing for their season. It was a must win for them. Not so much for us. If anything got exposed, it was the Oline right around where Hamilton and Weigmann occupy space. I guess if the Broncos beat Pittsburgh next week that will "expose" something else. Let's just say I find the OP a little over-dramatic.

hambone13
11-02-2009, 09:08 AM
McD has done an incredible job putting this team together and the results at this point far exceed my expectations especially when you consider the off season drama theatre. It will take him more then one offseason to get the kind of players he is looking for to fit into his system.

Teams are exposed each week and they adjust after a week of game film review and planning for their next opponent.

Master of the Obvious kicks us square in the nuts again...

hambone13
11-02-2009, 09:16 AM

LOL, panicking about panic? This thread strikes me as addressing issues people saw, not panic.

Bigdawg26
11-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I agree completely with McChamp our weaknesses were exposed and the first 6 teams did not take advantage of them. Look I'm not saying Orton is a bad QB anymore but I will say he is limited. He can not throw the deep ball (look all during TC and preseason he struggled doing it) and we really don't run a two minute drill because Mcdaniels does not trust him throwing the ball down field. But he does know how to manage the game and make alot of great decisions and he does have a bit of luck (I would say that he could of easily had 6 picks by now but dropped by defenders). I think what happened to our offense was that the ravens put 8 in the box and dared the broncos to go deep.

gtown
11-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I don't think we were exposed. Nothing that occured in the game yesterday cannot get patched up in a short period of time. We just couldn't match their will to save their season, and we were overmatched by their front three.

Getting exposed means an opponent found your fatal flaw. If our fatal flaw is that we can't throw down the field, I'll take it.

snowspot66
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
I agree completely with McChamp our weaknesses were exposed and the first 6 teams did not take advantage of them. Look I'm not saying Orton is a bad QB anymore but I will say he is limited. He can not throw the deep ball (look all during TC and preseason he struggled doing it) and we really don't run a two minute drill because Mcdaniels does not trust him throwing the ball down field. But he does know how to manage the game and make alot of great decisions and he does have a bit of luck (I would say that he could of easily had 6 picks by now but dropped by defenders). I think what happened to our offense was that the ravens put 8 in the box and dared the broncos to go deep.

Go watch his Chicago highlights. He can throw deep.

The deep shots weren't open yesterday in the few times he had the blocking to actually attempt one. You can't throw deep every ****ing play. You get a couple of chances per game and that's it. They covered ours and the rest of the time nobody blocked for **** so we couldn't set them up for anything else because nothing was working.

You don't block you don't win.

Enough of this can't throw the long ball ****.

And if you still insist Orton can't throw the long ball then Cutler couldn't throw it either. I don't think he completed one single long ball to the receiver in stride last year. It was usually 20 yards overthrown or picked in triple coverage.