PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Harris Injury

LetsGoBroncos
11-01-2009, 01:06 PM
For anyone that listened to the game on KOA, did they say how severe it was?

fdf
11-01-2009, 01:08 PM
For anyone that listened to the game on KOA, did they say how severe it was?

I heard big toe, which if true, could be a big problem. Even little big toe injuries mess up linemen badly. That's where their push comes from.

Hope it's something really little :)

SoDak Bronco
11-01-2009, 01:39 PM
This little piggy went to the market..this little piggy got all ****ed up

BroncoDoug
11-01-2009, 01:57 PM
denverbroncos (http://twitter.com/denverbroncos)
Ryan Harris was on crutches, with right foot heavily wrapped and in one of those soft, flat-bottom shoes

Blart
11-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Noooooooooooooooo

ghwk
11-01-2009, 02:22 PM
<sigh> man up and just cut the thing off.

BossChief
11-01-2009, 02:23 PM
This little piggy went to the market..this little piggy got all ****ed up

well played sir

Kaylore
11-01-2009, 02:32 PM
That sucks. He was really playing well for us. At least it's not season ending.

SoDak Bronco
11-01-2009, 02:33 PM
well played sir

screw off

BlaK-Argentina
11-01-2009, 05:36 PM
If we lose him for an extended period of time it will be a huge blow. Way worse than losing this stupid game.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Big toe is worse for a speed and cutting player than a lineman! If he missed a game he's a pussy! :D The Ice and the Boot are to minimize swelling and keep him off it as a precaution. A stubbed big toe hurts like hell when you first do it :D

baja
11-01-2009, 05:48 PM
What if he has the dreaded turf toe. ;D

baja
11-01-2009, 05:49 PM
To this day Deion Sanders can't walk on carpeting.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 05:59 PM
If its the big toe its not good its used for balance, really hinders planting and driving. Something needed for a tackle against DE's.

Hope its not anything too bad and if so hope Polumbus or whomever can step in and step up.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Polumbus seemed to hold his own today. The pressure mainly came from the middle, not the edges.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Big toe is worse for a speed and cutting player than a lineman! If he missed a game he's a p***Y! :D The Ice and the Boot are to minimize swelling and keep him off it as a precaution. A stubbed big toe hurts like hell when you first do it :D

:spit: the big tow is a big issue for a lineman. I thought you knew football and were a pupil under some greats or something. I know its all made up but at least know something about football, and injuries if you are going to lie!

BlaK-Argentina
11-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Polumbus seemed to hold his own today. The pressure mainly came from the middle, not the edges.

Yeah I liked what I saw from Polumbus, but losing Harris would be a huge blow. Hope he's ok.

broncosteven
11-01-2009, 08:10 PM

From what I was able to see on the dish 76 held his own, Hamilton on the other hand was a problem.

houghtam
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
From what I was able to see on the dish 76 held his own, Hamilton on the other hand was a problem.

Maybe we can put Harris with his boot in for Hamilton next week.

Couldn't be much worse.

Harris with a boot > Hamilton

I'm going to send Hamilton a pair of rollerskates for Christmas. With a note on it telling him his old pair looks worn out.

giveemlove
11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
:spit: the big tow is a big issue for a lineman. I thought you knew football and were a pupil under some greats or something. I know its all made up but at least know something about football, and injuries if you are going to lie!

I'm a girl and I friggen know that a big toe is HUGE issue for a lineman. My goodness...I think that was just about the dumbest post I have read on a message board in my 5 years of posting on them.

Balance and planting Warrior.....2 of the key jobs of a lineman. And the big toe is the biggest part of balance and planting.

Wow, just wow.

giveemlove
11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Big toe is worse for a speed and cutting player than a lineman! If he missed a game he's a p***Y! :D The Ice and the Boot are to minimize swelling and keep him off it as a precaution. A stubbed big toe hurts like hell when you first do it :D

Big difference between stubbing your toe on a door jam and turf toe....but I just figured a football genius like yourself would know the difference.

baja
11-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm a girl and I friggen know that a big toe is HUGE issue for a lineman. My goodness...I think that was just about the dumbest post I have read on a message board in my 5 years of posting on them.

Balance and planting Warrior.....2 of the key jobs of a lineman. And the big toe is the biggest part of balance and planting.

Wow, just wow.

Shouldn't you be Give me McLove.

BroncoMan4ever
11-01-2009, 10:15 PM

exactly. Polumbus was fine. it was Hamilton and Weigman getting owned today. as much as i like those guys, it is time to get younger and bigger at their positions

giveemlove
11-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Shouldn't you be Give me McLove.

McGEM. I came over from the Forums and saw the dandy post earlier and had to post.

Give me McLove works also. :D

giveemlove
11-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Just a bit for Warrior....he's a pussy if he misses time eh?

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/turf-toe

Turf toe injury is most commonly seen when an axial load is delivered to a foot fixed in equinus. The typical scenario, which often occurs in football linemen, involves the fixation of the forefoot on the ground in the dorsiflexed position with the heel raised. An outside force then pushes the foot into further dorsiflexion, resulting in traumatic hyperextension of the hallux MTP joint (see Image 1 (http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/turf-toe#target1)). Although turf toe is most frequently seen in football players, it can occur in athletes in any sport (eg, basketball, soccer, rugby).

Once thought to be a low-morbidity injury, significant disability can occur with damage to the periarticular structures of the MTP joint complex. This often is accompanied by both long- and short-term sequelae. As many as 50% of those with turf toe injuries have persistent symptoms after 5 years. In the short term, running and pushing-off are compromised, and players frequently miss games and practices. Possible long-term sequelae include hallux rigidus, hallux valgus, hallux cock-up deformity, and failure to regain push-off strength.

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 11:03 PM
McGEM. I came over from the Forums and saw the dandy post earlier and had to post.

Welcome, GEM! :welcome:

giveemlove
11-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Welcome, GEM! :welcome:

Heya Blue!! How's it goin! :D

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Heya Blue!! How's it goin! :D

Good... would have been been better if we'd gotten a win today, but... can't have everything I suppose. :)

Atwater His Ass
11-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Harris must not have practiced with enough pads on or done the proper dynamic stretching prior to the game.

Hulamau
11-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Give em hell, GEL :kiss:

barryr
11-02-2009, 05:36 AM
Harris didn't play that well before the injury. Really no one on the o-line did, but Hamilton really stood out for poor play. I think he might lead the lineman in penalties too. He might not be around after this year if he continues this.

cmhargrove
11-02-2009, 05:53 AM
I though Polumbus did fine as well.

We just lost folks. I think we will rebound just fine and still be a playoff team (which hasn't happened in quite a while). This team still has issues, but let's see how the coach addresses them next Monday night.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Harris didn't play that well before the injury. Really no one on the o-line did, but Hamilton really stood out for poor play. I think he might lead the lineman in penalties too. He might not be around after this year if he continues this.

I thought the tackles played fine. It was the inside pressure that was killingus and some poor blitz pick up. I dont recall any of our tackles (polumbus included) getting beat off the edge. But of course, i could be wrong!

LittleFloyd
11-02-2009, 08:44 AM
hallux rigidus, hallux valgus, hallux cock-up deformity, and failure to regain push-off strength.[/QUOTE]

Now that part sounds very serious. I would never want to have my hallux cock-up hurt and be on crutches for it.

HEAV
11-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Coach McDaniels just said Harris won't play this Monday. Polumbus will start at right tackle.

The Joker
11-02-2009, 10:51 AM
That sucks, but some experience for Polumbus might be the silver lining.

Ravens and Steelers.

Heck of a pair of teams to have your first two games of NFL action against.

TotallyScrewed
11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
What if he has the dreaded turf toe. ;D

Exactly...And turf toe is supposed to be a very painful and long healing injury. We need an official report...not happening.

Lower extremity injury.

Peoples Champ
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
That sucks, but some experience for Polumbus might be the silver lining.

Ravens and Steelers.

Heck of a pair of teams to have your first two games of NFL action against.

He is from Cherry Creek, he should be able to handle it.

55CrushEm
11-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Per Denver Post, Ryan Harris will miss 3 weeks.

Mr. Elway
11-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Two dislocated toes, according to the Post. It does not say which toes. It says 3 weeks, maybe less.

bowtown
11-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Fire tuten!

snowspot66
11-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Two dislocated toes, according to the Post. It does not say which toes. It says 3 weeks, maybe less.

Could have been worse. Thankfully we've got two home games and at Washington over the next three weeks to ease the blow.

Garcia Bronco
11-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Could have been worse. Thankfully we've got two home games and at Washington over the next three weeks to ease the blow.

Washington has a pretty good defense. It's bad...there is no softening of the blow.

Ambiguous
11-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Washington has a pretty good defense. It's bad...there is no softening of the blow.

And those 2 home games - SD and PIT - nice way to go in to your first starts as a rookie.

Peoples Champ
11-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Fire tuten!

lol

snowspot66
11-03-2009, 08:57 AM

But their offense sucks big time. More room for error.

snowspot66
11-03-2009, 08:57 AM
And those 2 home games - SD and PIT - nice way to go in to your first starts as a rookie.

I thought he was a second year guy.

tubbs
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Anyone find an update on Harris?

oubronco
12-07-2009, 12:02 PM

Hi Gem ;D