View Full Version : Official Overreaction to Our First Loss Thread

Pages : [1] 2

The Joker
11-01-2009, 01:49 PM
But... but...

We needed to go 16-0!

Good teams don't have bad days!!

Orton has two left arms!!!

C'mon lads, wave your bloody tampons in the air for the whole world to see in this thread. :flower:

Kid A
11-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Also known as the Official Game Day Thread.

Williams
11-01-2009, 01:54 PM
We were outplayed today. We're still a top 5-10 NFL team. We'll regroup.

Bring on the Steelers. Go Broncos.

atomicbloke
11-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Well it was a pretty lopsided game.... guess we were flat after the bye....

TonyR
11-01-2009, 01:55 PM
The "Denver is overrated" stories will be everywhere this week. Only beating the Steelers next week will stop it. And we'll need a lot more offense to accomplish that.

fontaine
It's a tough loss but B'more outplayed us offensively and on ST today and deserved to win. They came out hungrier and we came out flat.

The important thing is that our OL and passing game need to adjust to the pressure better. They were awful when B'more increased the pressure and the offense caved instead of hitting them up with the hot read.

Hopefully they'll work on that and get better.

I can't even begin to describe how bad the ST blocking was though.

chadta
the sky is falling

extralife
Well, we did get obliterated

broncosteven
11-01-2009, 01:57 PM
We were outplayed today. We're still a top 5-10 NFL team. We'll regroup.

Bring on the Steelers. Go Broncos.

I thought they were outcoached today.

2 weeks to prep for the Ravens and the O can't do anything more than 1 drive that was helped by the officals.

The D played well until they ran out of gas. That is only bright spot today.

SoCalBronco
11-01-2009, 01:57 PM
We're fine. These things happen, especially vs. quality teams on the road who absolutely need a win. Orton's limitations are apparent, but the OL probably deserves the lion's share of his struggles, today. Hopefully Harris can be back next week. I actually didn't have a problem with those screens we were throwing early on....even though they weren't successful, it is the proper antidote to heavy pressure....unfortunately they werent getting the proper blocks and we couldn't break one.

The defense did a very good job until they got tired in the fourth and they started running on us. I was happy with the performance of ILB's. DJ with 11 tackles, at least one for a loss and Davis had several TFL and a sack. The OLBs were a bit disappointing. Oher did a nice job on Doom....I don't mind Doom getting a little antsy and going offsides...its all timing and instinct, he just guessed wrong a few times. I was happy to see Ayers make a nice play in the backfield. The main problem was the lack of pass rush. Baltimore's OL did a very nice job neutralizing our blitzes and Flacco is a quality passer, so he'll find the open reciever.

I do agree that they need to call Kern back and get rid of Berger. Kern has been pretty solid most of his time here...just cause he had a rough patch was probably not reason to get rid of him. It seems the bigger problem is the coverage units, IMO. They gave up another ST TD like last week.

We'll clean it up. We played pretty damn good on defense and were able to run at times. I think we'll be fine. We're 6-1 and healthy for the most part. DEN is in good shape.

extralife
11-01-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't know that this team has the talent to win when things don't go our way.

GreatBronco16
I am very upset in this teams play today. Not so much on the defense, but the offense and special teams just looked flat out terrible. And they had a bye week at that, and this is how they came out to play.

With that said, Balts defense came to play today without a doubt. Holy crap, the first play when Orton got sacked, I knew right then that our offense was in trouble. On to next week.

Broncomutt
The offense looked intimidated, that's worrisome.

The defense did not, that's encouraging.

houghtam
11-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Just a flukey day IMO where all three phases underperformed. The team looked overmatched and sluggish.

Eddie Royal can be explosive, but he needs to learn to take what he's given.

Getting rid of Brett Kern is going to come back and bite us. Guy wasn't bad at all, and Mitch Berger looked terrible.

Interior offensive line was horrible today. That's about half the season so far where Hamilton has been manhandled. Wiegmann and Kuper looked like a couple of rodeo clowns out there.

Andre Goodman got owned on at least three major pass plays.

Tackling was awful.

Hope these guys go back this week and keep doing what they were doing before the bye week. I don't think there's any major cause to be concerned for this team, but no one can be impressed with the product they put on the field today.

bpc
All things correctable. Baltimore just outcoached and outplayed us at home. Credit to them.

We should learn a lot from this game and I hope we are ready to play Pittsburgh next week.

Williams
I thought they were outcoached today.

I agree. Outplayed, outcoached.

bpc
The offense looked intimidated, that's worrisome.

The defense did not, that's encouraging.

... and the special teams????

frerottenextelway
11-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Did Flacco have an incomplete pass in the second half?

fontaine
11-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Well I'm not concerned about our special teams. They've sucked all year and that's not going to change overnight.

I'm more concerned that our offense looked abismal. Yes we played an inspired B'more defense but only Cleveland scored less points than us today so far. Considering the talent on this offense that's unacceptable.

They only made it to the B'more half what once all day?

Usually they adjust in the 2nd half but they didn't today.

BroncoDoug
11-01-2009, 02:04 PM
fire everyone! coaches, players, sell the team!!!!!!!! move the franchise to LA, terrible!!

K, got that all out here, moving on to next week

fdf
11-01-2009, 02:04 PM
But... but...

We needed to go 16-0!

Good teams don't have bad days!!

Orton has two left arms!!!

C'mon lads, wave your bloody tampons in the air for the whole world to see in this thread. :flower:

D played pretty well until mid 4th quarter. OL sucked. Special teams sucked.

Does that qualify for your finely tuned overreaction filter?

go_broncos
11-01-2009, 02:06 PM
We are exposed..We are Pretenders..We suck

Next week..it will become tougher

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Well, I'd say we got our ass-kicked pretty much. Not much else to say.

cabronco
11-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Keep Berger, give s/t's a day off Monday , convert Hillis to waterboy. Seriously the whole team just had an off day along with playcalling imo. We will bounce back after this poor performance. I hope Harris injury doesnt keep him out long.

Bronx33
11-01-2009, 02:09 PM
It was a piss poor game plan from top to bottom MCD failed to make any meaningful adjustments just forget it and focus on next weeks game were 6-1 still and that isn't a bad thing.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Just ran into a home team that was desperate to right their ship.

No cause for alarm.

All the more motivation for our players to prepare for next week.

DarkHorse
11-01-2009, 02:10 PM
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/images/smilies/crybaby2.gif

UberBroncoMan
11-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Did Flacco have an incomplete pass in the second half?

Went 14-14 to finish the game.

Que
11-01-2009, 02:18 PM
the sky is falling

Sell SKY sell SKY

bombay
11-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Very glad the Broncos don't play Baltimore every week. That defense is murder to start with, and when they're revved up like they were today.... tough sledding.

The first play from scrimmage was an indicator of how the day would go.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Baltimore was certainly a notch above Denver today. That's how it goes sometimes. There wasn't much available to Orton the times he had time to throw.

Baltimore delivered an ass-kicking pretty much.

go_broncos
11-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Very glad the Broncos don't play Baltimore every week. That defense is murder to start with, and when they're revved up like they were today.... tough sledding.

The first play from scrimmage was an indicator of how the day would go.

PIT Defense is much better than Ravens..Next game will be tough to win

Taco John
11-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm nervous about two things:

- Baltimore gave the template to beat us, and exposed the defense - particularly in the second half (where Nolan pretty well got owned)

- Orton down two scores looks like Griese down two scores.

This team is still a top 10 team in this league. I'd have felt much better about losing a game by a score. Losing like this - we just got owned in every phase of the game.

Josh is (and should be) pissed. I'm looking forward to how he handles the team in a loss, and how the team responds.

SonOfLe-loLang
One of those games where the offense could never get into rhythm mostly because of the pressure up the middle that never allowed Orton to get set. Also, the kick return at the beginning of the half just ****ing killed us. I thought we had one real chance to over take momentum in the game (the subsequent raven drive after our TD..WE NEEDED A 3 and out), but didn't take advantage of the moment.

Just got whipped today. Let see how this team reacts to a loss. 6-1 is hardly the end of the world. 6-2 would hardly be the end of the world either to be honest.

Que
Outplayed, outcoached, dominated. Now let's see how Josh handles this. I am sure he will do fine

wait! This is the overreaction thread. Blow the team up!! Start Simms. Trade fumble fingers Knowshon!!! McDouche failed us today! Shanny would never have let this happen... Oh wait

bombay

Disagree on pitt defense.

Of course it will be a tough game.

That One Guy
11-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I'd rather a blowout than a close loss. A blowout gets people's attention.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 02:24 PM

- Baltimore gave the template to beat us, and exposed the defense - particularly in the second half (where Nolan pretty well got owned)

This team is still a top 10 team in this league. I'd have felt much better about losing a game by a score. Losing like this - we just got owned in every phase of the game.

Josh is (and should be) pissed. I'm looking forward to how he handles the team in a loss, and how the team responds.

I dunno that there's a template. Its not like they were doing one thing that repeatedly killed us. They just executed. Sure they ran on us that last drive, but the D was exhausted and that hadn't really worked up till this point.

You can say the template to manhandling the offense is to pressure the middle, but thats obviously easier said than done.

Taco John
11-01-2009, 02:26 PM
I dunno that there's a template. Its not like they were doing one thing that repeatedly killed us. They just executed. Sure they ran on us that last drive, but the D was exhausted and that hadn't really worked up till this point.

You can say the template to manhandling the offense is to pressure the middle, but thats obviously easier said than done.

There is plenty on the tape that teams will be game planning around.

snowspot66
11-01-2009, 02:27 PM

Got exposed? I don't know where you're getting that.

We didn't blitz very effectively and it didn't seem like we blitzed a lot. Our defense still held a very dangerous offense in check for pretty much the entire game. Ten points off of a turn over and a return for a TD and a garbage time TD account for more than half of their points. Offense never showed up and didn't help them at all. I think the defense played just fine all things considered.

snowspot66
11-01-2009, 02:28 PM

Like what?

BossChief
11-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I was going to start a thread like this...good that someone did.

Josh Mcd will use this as a motivational tool for practice this week and for the rest of the year. They will come out and give Pittsburg the fight of their lives next sunday, mark it down.

Honestly, I wouldnt think too much of it if it happens again next week, you have a young team with younger coaching and there will be times where they appear better than they really are, and there will be times where they look much worse than they really are.

The great teams persevere through times like this and come out stronger and better prepared for it.

Believe it or not, this loss will make you a stronger team.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 02:29 PM

You can say that about any loss. What jumped out at you as a trend? Think about their scoring drives. There was really only one touchdown of consequence. The last one was a garbage time TD when the D was exhausted and the KickReturn is a special teams TD. I didnt see a troublesome trend in there defensively

bombay
11-01-2009, 02:30 PM
I'd be thrilled with an 11-5 season, and that still looks possible.

Taco John
11-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Like what?

I'll have to watch it again, but if I were an offensive coordinator, I'd be licking my chops over what I saw from Goodman this game.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 02:32 PM
The ravens had 292 total yards..Yeah, the score was 30-7, but even though we got pushed around pretty good, did this honestly feel like that much of a blow out?

Taco John
11-01-2009, 02:32 PM
I think that I"m just going to keep quiet. It's clear that people don't want to talk the X's and O's behind this loss, and instead just want to rally around and say it doesn't matter because we still have a good record. Which is fine. I can dig that.

We still have a good team that can beat any other team in this game.

BossChief
11-01-2009, 02:33 PM
All things correctable. Baltimore just outcoached and outplayed us at home. Credit to them.

We should learn a lot from this game and I hope we are ready to play Pittsburgh next week.

good attitude man

Taco John
The ravens had 292 total yards..Yeah, the score was 30-7, but even though we got pushed around pretty good, did this honestly feel like that much of a blow out?

Yes. It felt like a blow out. 30-7. That's about how it felt.

SonOfLe-loLang
I'll have to watch it again, but if I were an offensive coordinator, I'd be licking my chops over what I saw from Goodman this game.

Goodman has techinically been our weakspot on D all season and it hasnt affected us too much. Plus, the TD he gave up was a perfectly thrown ball and the safety wasn't there to help. I can think of 2 other completions he gave up where he was right there and just a victim of a really strong throw

ScottXray

Disagree....Ravens D was absolutley Lights out today...
Pitts D is not as good as what we saw today.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Yes. It felt like a blow out. 30-7. That's about how it felt.

Youre overreacting if you think some fatal flaw was exposed this game.

Taco John
11-01-2009, 02:34 PM

I agree with this. I have Pittsburgh in my keeper league, so I have been watching them close this year - and from what I saw, the Ravens D is more fundamenally sound.

broncosteven
11-01-2009, 02:35 PM
One of those games where the offense could never get into rhythm mostly because of the pressure up the middle that never allowed Orton to get set. Also, the kick return at the beginning of the half just ****ing killed us. I thought we had one real chance to over take momentum in the game (the subsequent raven drive after our TD..WE NEEDED A 3 and out), but didn't take advantage of the moment.

Just got whipped today. Let see how this team reacts to a loss. 6-1 is hardly the end of the world. 6-2 would hardly be the end of the world either to be honest.

I still think they need to replace Hamliton and Weigman next year. There was a screen to Graham early in the game where Hamliton couldn't get out in front and Graham couldn't wait for him to throw his block.

That plus getting owned all day hurt.

Go Oakland! Beat the Chuggers!

Taco John
Youre overreacting if you think some fatal flaw was exposed this game.

I'm not overreactng at all. I never said anything about "fatal flaw." We couldn't possibly know that at this point. We won't know about that until we play Pittsburgh next week. But like I said, if I was an OC, I'd be looking closely at the Goodman tape.

snowspot66
You can say that about any loss. What jumped out at you as a trend? Think about their scoring drives. There was really only one touchdown of consequence. The last one was a garbage time TD when the D was exhausted and the KickReturn is a special teams TD. I didnt see a troublesome trend in there defensively

I'm very encouraged by one trend I've seen. Whenever the offense gives it up on our side of the field the defense keeps it to three almost every time.

We pretty much gave them 10 points off of our mistakes. We hurt ourselves and the offense never got off the plane. The score doesn't do justice for what the defense did.

Williams
11-01-2009, 02:36 PM

Better than Cutler down two scores, fwiw.

RMT
11-01-2009, 02:36 PM
i hope berger gets cut this week - where is colquitt? berger is NOT the best punter available. i can't believe we signed him after watching today's inept punting performance. i mean, it was awful!

Taco John
11-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Better than Cutler down two scores, fwiw.

I disagree with that.

bronco militia
11-01-2009, 02:37 PM
kyle orton still sucks

snowspot66
11-01-2009, 02:38 PM
We won't know about that until we play Pittsburgh next week. But like I said, if I was an OC, I'd be looking closely at the Goodman tape.

Of course you would look at the Goodman tape. We've had Champ here so long we should expect them to look at Goodman. It's not like he was getting torched for massive yardage and tons of catches.

Three off of a fumble, seven off a kick return, and seven in garbage time after playing the majority of the game. The defense is responsible for 13 meaningful points in that game. I'll take that any day.

If anybody on offense even bothered to show up we're right in that game and have a good chance to win.

BossChief
11-01-2009, 02:38 PM
you guys match up better to Pitt though.

Baltimores style of dlinemen is a bad matchup for your style of olinemen.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm not overreactng at all. I never said anything about "fatal flaw." We couldn't possibly know that at this point. We won't know about that until we play Pittsburgh next week. But like I said, if I was an OC, I'd be looking closely at the Goodman tape.

But this isnt a secret. People like KC Joyner have been pointing out Goodman for weeks and we've masked it just fine. They only gained 292 yards and the TD against goodman was a damn good throw.For a "weak link" he's really not that bad at all either.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Offensively we couldn't make Baltimore pay for not respecting the "noodle" lol! Baltimore decided to smother anything short and wide and make Orton beat them deep and he couldn't do that! Can't fix a weak arm and suprised it didn't happen earlier. What to do about it I have no idea! More Play action? I'm not sure why we don't keep zone blocking more. These inside counters and pulling guard crap isn't fooling anybody!

bombay
The Broncos ran up against an inspired D today and got whipped. I don't see that happening to the same degree again.

We shall see.

Beej
Our offense looked really vanilla. Why can't we mix it up a bit? Seems like the wild horses might have helped.

snowspot66
But this isnt a secret. People like KC Joyner have been pointing out Goodman for weeks and we've masked it just fine. They only gained 292 yards and the TD against goodman was a damn good throw.For a "weak link" he's really not that bad at all either.

I'm sure Baltimore would like to have Goodman as their weak link in the secondary instead of the guys they're trotting out.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Offensively we couldn't make Baltimore pay for not respecting the "noodle" lol! Baltimore decided to smother anything short and wide and make Orton beat them deep and he couldn't do that! Can't fix a weak arm and suprised it didn't happen earlier. What to do about it I have no idea! More Play action? I'm not sure why we don't keep zone blocking more. These inside counters and pulling guard crap isn't fooling anybody!

He couldnt go down the field because he never had time to do so. Its hard to throw downfield when you can't step up in the pocket.

snowspot66

God you're a tool. How the **** is anybody supposed to throw deep with the protection he was getting today? It starts at the line and they played bad.

Bronco Warrior
I'm very encouraged by one trend I've seen. Whenever the offense gives it up on our side of the field the defense keeps it to three almost every time.

We pretty much gave them 10 points off of our mistakes. We hurt ourselves and the offense never got off the plane. The score doesn't do justice for what the defense did.

A Freaking Men!

BossChief
11-01-2009, 02:42 PM

yup

the defenses will catch up, but dont think Josh doesnt know that and isnt prepared to switch it up.

You can self scout and find what defenses are keying on and use that against future teams by showing them the same thing but giving them something different.

Taco John
11-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't think you can blame Orton for this loss, except to say that when he gets hit early and often, he's not much to look at. He's not going to be mistaken for the late Steve McNair in the same circumstance.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 02:45 PM
God you're a tool. How the **** is anybody supposed to throw deep with the protection he was getting today? It starts at the line and they played bad.

Why do you think they played so bad? Do they all of a sudden suck now? Or were they outschemed? Where they getting a stiff rush and shutting down all the routes including the hot ones Orton lives off? Hell even running a go route once in a while would help but they know Orton can't hit one..so no more than single coverage!

BossChief
11-01-2009, 02:45 PM

you just noticed and pointed out what other teams will. They will run the ball using strength based formations to tire the defense so it opens operutnities in the fourth.

Josh will know that and throw curveballs to upcoming defenses, plan on it.

bombay
11-01-2009, 02:46 PM
you just noticed and pointed out what other teams will. They will run the ball using strength based formations to tire the defense so it opens operutnities in the fourth.

Is that a nut operation of some kind?

bronco militia
11-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't think you can blame Orton for this loss.

don't worry, I wll

Bronx33
11-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Well by tacos logic we should lose every game from here out.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I saw nothing that even looked like gameplanning for this one! all Vanilla now toppings!

NYBronco
11-01-2009, 02:48 PM
kyle orton still sucks

That statement says alot also about the offensive line, RB's and receivers.

bronco militia
11-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I saw nothing that even looked like gameplanning for this one! all Vanilla now toppings!

I agree...I thought we played right into their hands

BossChief
11-01-2009, 02:50 PM

they are a better defense, but your players match up to theirs better than was the case against Baltimore.

Baltimore wants to manhandle teams at the line and your oline is (correct me if Im wrong) made of smaller players that are based on more finesse blocking schemes than physically pushing teams around. I know Weigman is like that.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 02:51 PM

You dont think think teams have tried this in our first 6?

Bronx33
11-01-2009, 02:52 PM

I thought you said it was all ortons fault?

BossChief

very closely

bet your ass they will be moving Santonio Holmes all around trying to get him matched up on goodman and far away from safety help.

again, if I notice it Josh McD will too and he will make the proper adjustments.

Dawk will know where holmes is at all times, guaranteed.

Bronco Warrior
If Orton didn't run like a schoolgirl in cement pumps they could have moved the launch point with boots and roll outs. that sets up alot of things and slows passrush! How many games since we could biotch about Line play outside of Hamilton?

I saw no misdirection or anything creative in the Offensive plan today!

snowspot66
they are a better defense, but your players match up to theirs better than was the case against Baltimore.

Baltimore wants to manhandle teams at the line and your oline is (correct me if Im wrong) made of smaller players that are based on more finesse blocking schemes that physically pushing teams around. I know Weigman is like that.

Two of our older guys are smaller. Our younger guys are all around or over 300.

Just poor blocking and effort all around today. Defense earned its paycheck but that was about it.

snowspot66
11-01-2009, 02:53 PM
If Orton didn't run like a schoolgirl in cement pumps they could have moved the launch point with boots and roll outs. that sets up alot of things and slows passrush! How many games since we could biotch about Line play outside of Hamilton?

Dude, McDaniels has never favored bootlegs and such. It's not his thing. We did however run one or two and it worked.

Taco John
11-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Well by tacos logic we should lose every game from here out.

How is that? I certainly said nothing even close to that.

Why such an overreaction by you?

bombay
11-01-2009, 02:55 PM
So the Broncos won't finish 16-0?

They aren't perfect? Damn.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I thought you said it was all ortons fault?

Orton has only so much he can with his skills. Because he is a lead foot and noodle arm you have to plan for that possibility and have an answer. If Orton has the tools to threaten deep EVER it wouldn't be an issue and they do what i just said. That part Orton's (limitations) fault. The fact that the staff didn't have a plan B once a team figured out the obvious.... Josh's fault!

Taco John
11-01-2009, 02:56 PM

That's not true. The double reverse fake over the top was a very well designed play and almost worked.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Denver got their ass kicked in all three phases.

When you get your ass kicked, you acknowledge it and move on.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Dude, McDaniels has never favored bootlegs and such. It's not his thing. We did however run one or two and it worked.

Amen..but why not more times? If it can save your QB's ass it needs to be your thing real quick! It is the same way Brady gets beat, except Brady has a better than fair chance at completing a 25 + yarder, Orton does not!

NFLBRONCO
11-01-2009, 02:59 PM
kyle orton still sucks

This is what scares me longterm in FO is their love for Orton. He does fine against half the league but, in playoff type games his flaws will show.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 03:00 PM

yep

Paladin
11-01-2009, 03:01 PM
There are......what?...9 games left? People need to get off the hyteria and planning the draft until the season is played out.....

BossChief
11-01-2009, 03:01 PM
That statement says alot also about the offensive line, RB's and receivers.

no it doesnt, it means that Orton had a bad game.

the line and skill position players are the least of the worries.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
That's not true. The double reverse fake over the top was a very well designed play and almost worked.

Wasn't a double reverse. it was a dive with a reverse fake, that we set up but never actually ran...creative would have run those at them till they stopped over pursuing and stayed home and played honest..same with deep throws. Make those sad Corners cover Marshall deep every single play he isn't vital to the play scheme!

cabronco
11-01-2009, 03:03 PM

This pretty much sums it up.

McD swallow your pride and sign Kern back.

Kid A
11-01-2009, 03:06 PM
This pretty much sums it up.

McD swallow your pride and sign Kern back.

Could Kern perfectly aim his punt between Ed Reed's outstretched arms? I think not.

He could probably manage the whole 30 yard punt thing, though.

BossChief
11-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Two of our older guys are smaller. Our younger guys are all around or over 300.

Just poor blocking and effort all around today. Defense earned its paycheck but that was about it.

that is considered small in todays terms of olines

defense didnt do too bad, the point total is bad, but field position and kick returns dictated how most of the points went on the board

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Here are the facts: Orton has limited physical skills and that was officially revealed to the league, and McD didn't have a contingency plan for it THIS TIME. Next Time? Who knows..cross your fingers that he is as good at scheme as we think he is. If I was Orton I would make Scheffler, Marshall and Royal stay after 2 hours every day and throw nothing but deep go routes and post and flag routes over 30 yards. deep seam routes too.... till I could hit more than 2/3 of those..then he would never have a day like today :(

ScottXray
11-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Could Kern perfectly aim his punt between Ed Reed's outstretched arms? I think not.

Kern isn't an option ...Tennessee signed him immediately after we released him...

They need to bring Colquitt back in for a looksee, since berger was Dogshyt out there today.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Resign Kern..if not Find somebody but don't let Berger on the Plane!!

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Resign Kern..if not Find somebody but don't let Berger on the Plain!!

plain?...you mean Wyoming?

Bronx33
11-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Resign Kern..if not Find somebody but don't let Berger on the Plain!!

we can't resign KERN!

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkl3oB.5KmDABNYVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByZWgwN28 5BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=131l0j19v/EXP=1257199976/**http%3a//www.profootballweekly.com/2009/10/27/titans-release-p-hodges-sign-kern

Taco John
11-01-2009, 03:13 PM

I agree with this, except that I like to acknowledge it and then look at what went wrong so that I can appreciate what is going right when we're winning.
Opposing teams will look at this tape today and into the next three seasons - maybe even longer. Every time we face a playoff team, this game is going to be on the view list.

I don't think that it makes you a bad fan to want to understand (and thus discuss) where we broke down this week.

BossChief
11-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Here are the facts: Orton has limited physical skills and that was officially revealed to the league, and McD didn't have a contingency plan for it THIS TIME. Next Time? Who knows..cross your fingers that he is as good at scheme as we think he is. If I was Orton I would make Scheffler, Marshall and Royal stay after 2 hours every day and throw nothing but deep go routes and post and flag routes over 30 yards. deep seam routes too.... till I could hit more than 2/3 of those..then he would never have a day like today :(

believe me, the league already knew what Orton could and could not do before this game.

baja
11-01-2009, 03:14 PM

You mean the plays were the safety help was spinning in circles in the center of the field leaving Goodman on one on one coverage deep?

Jekyll15Hyde
11-01-2009, 03:16 PM

please just stop. Oh wait, this is the "overreaction thread." Carry on

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 03:17 PM
I agree with this, except that I like to acknowledge it and then look at what went wrong so that I can appreciate what is going right when we're winning.
Opposing teams will look at this tape today and into the next three seasons - maybe even longer. Every time we face a playoff team, this game is going to be on the view list.

I don't think that it makes you a bad fan to want to understand (and thus discuss) where we broke down this week.

Yeah, that's kind of the point of a football fan board...but i guess we can't do that. We have to go and blow sunshine up everyone's ass or we'll get ostracized. The sky isn't falling or anything, but seriously...SOMETHING went wrong!

BossChief
11-01-2009, 03:20 PM

you are a credit to this site Mr Taco, they should be glad to have you.

Its better to watch the games objectively, otherwise you get to emotional and miss what could be the best part of the game.

To me, I saw a little Priest Holmes flash today when Moreno got the ball. He should be starting over Buckhalter IMHO. They should be moving him around, splitting him wide and have him go out on routes, use swing passes to him after counter-motion...you know, the stuff KC used to use to kill teams.

IMHO Knowshon didnt touch the ball nearly enough today.

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 03:20 PM

yeah, Orton and his wide outs never work on these routs, or never do it one their own time. Please, even High school football players work routs after practice. You act like they haven't been running these routs together since march.

Bronx33
11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Its better to watch the games objectively, otherwise you get to emotional and miss what could be the best part of the game.

To me, I saw a little Priest Holmes flash today when Moreno got the ball. He should be starting over Buckhalter IMHO. They should be moving him around, splitting him wide and have him go out on routes, use swing passes to him after counter-motion...you know, the stuff KC used to use to kill teams.

He owns the site..

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 03:22 PM

Trust me. We all appreciate your good take, and insightful posts. So this has nothing to do with you when i say this. As a Broncos fan though, can I ask that you please NEVER compare our RB's to priest Holmes ever again. Thanks bud..;D:thumbs:

bombay
11-01-2009, 03:26 PM
believe me, the league already knew what Orton could and could not do before this game.

I was thinking the same thing. It's possible that Orton's physical limitations were detected at some point in his first 40 NFL starts by some clever coordinator. Glad that bronco warrior was able to ferret it out now, though.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 03:26 PM

I have bolded everything I found useful in this post.

I mean the lack of any pass protection or running game is all on Orton. Moron!

This team looked bad on all fronts. No one person deserves the blame. This is on the entire team. Good teams have bad days and move on and learn.

This is a good team in the eyes of many so I think they learn from this get a reality check and come back hungry and angry.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 03:27 PM
You mean the plays were the safety help was spinning in circles in the center of the field leaving Goodman on one on one coverage deep?

You saw that too? That TD was all about the Saftey Goodman side freezing and not getting back. Strange that usually is a strength for us!

snowspot66
This is what scares me longterm in FO is their love for Orton. He does fine against half the league but, in playoff type games his flaws will show.

What are you talking about? I don't think he's even had the chance to play in a playoff type game.

BossChief
He owns the site..

I got egg on my face, eh?

"boy, do I feel dumb"

elsid13
I am not worried about the team, but the weakness that lurking on offense was display today. If other teams are able to penetrate up the A-gaps, then that screws up the running plays and make Orton extremely uncomfortable. The Ravens have two very good power DEs - Pryce and Ngata - that are able to overpower our Guards, in particular Hamilton.

It doesn't help that Orton lack of mobility doesn't allow the offense to roll out to ease the pressure on the guards. The good news we won't experience that could of interior power again until the Giants game.

BossChief
11-01-2009, 03:29 PM
What are you talking about? I don't think he's even had the chance to play in a playoff type game.

if my memory serves me correctly, when Grossman got healthy, he started in the playoffs and lead them to the superbowl.

snowspot66
11-01-2009, 03:29 PM
that is considered small in todays terms of olines

defense didnt do too bad, the point total is bad, but field position and kick returns dictated how most of the points went on the board

The guys over 300 are all pretty much standard weight for the league. The small guys in the middle are far too light these days though.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
yeah, Orton and his wide outs never work on these routs, or never do it one their own time. Please, even High school football players work routs after practice. You act like they haven't been running these routs together since march.

I was being overly obvious but if they have why has he missed ever single deep route but one this season? Tell me that? Need more work looks like to me!

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 03:32 PM
The guys over 300 are all pretty much standard weight for the league. The small guys in the middle are far too light these days though.

Small and quick is great for a zone block scheme but not so good for this trapping and pulling crap we have fallen in love with. Weigeman and Hamilton are the little guys. They will most likely be gone next year. too bad I liked those guyS!

BossChief
11-01-2009, 03:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It's possible that Orton's physical limitations were detected at some point in his first 40 NFL starts by some clever coordinator. Glad that bronco warrior was able to ferret it out now, though.

the offense doesnt really need a QB to have a "Flacco arm", it needs a guy that gets the ball to its playmakers and doesnt make decisions that force the qb to play out of its comfort zone.

The Joker
if my memory serves me correctly, when Grossman got healthy, he started in the playoffs and lead them to the superbowl.

Didn't Rex play all year when they went to the SB?

I think the year that Orton got pulled for Grossman in the playoffs as when they lost to Carolina, the year before the SB run.

bombay

Grossman's play deteriorated badly over the course of the '06 season, and by the end of the regular season both Griese and Orton got at least brief looks. Neither looked very good. There's little doubt that that particular team was largely carried by the defense. They caused an inordinate number of turnovers, IIRC. They also had many special teams scores.

The box scores are here:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2006.htm

By weeks 12-13-14 Grossman had a couple of `10-29, four pick kind of games but the team was good enough overall to overcome it.

Broncos4tw
11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Our defense did not get whooped, it was doing fine. You can't give up that many 3-and-outs and expect your defense to keep up.

Our special teams has certainly had some issues these last two weeks.

But biggest issue is offensive line today, it was a sieve. Second issue is Orton. He wasn't bad, he was himself. Which is to say.. as I said weeks ago... if there is a game where they shut down our running game and put pressure on him, can he carry the team and make something happen to win the game? Obviously not. Aside from a first down run, he was very average, and did nothing special to help pull a comeback together. That's the good and bad with Orton. Stable, you really know what to expect week in and week out. Unfortunately, so does the defense. And if they can put the game on his shoulders, it's never going to be pretty.

I'm not at all panicked, however. I think the "system" will keep the wheels turning most games. My biggest concern are the playoffs. And Pitts. Because they also can shut down facets of our game.

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I was being overly obvious but if they have why has he missed ever single deep route but one this season? Tell me that? Need more work looks like to me!

He missed because of pressure on misreads of the zone. I'm willing to bet everything I own that a pro QB could hit an NFL wide out on a post rout in a D-Less skeleton at practice 3 or 4 times in a row pretty easy. He needs to watch a bit more film and the coaches need to make better adjustments.

BossChief
11-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I am not worried about the team, but the weakness that lurking on offense was display today. If other teams are able to penetrate up the A-gaps, then that screws up the running plays and make Orton extremely uncomfortable. The Ravens have two very good power DEs - Pryce and Ngata - that are able to overpower our Guards, in particular Hamilton.

It doesn't help that Orton lack of mobility doesn't allow the offense to roll out to ease the pressure on the guards. The good news we won't experience that could of interior power again until the Giants game.

Orton will never be Elway or Plummer. You should be glad you have him, he is the least of the worries in Denver IMO.

The days of Denver qbs rolling out and throwing the ball 75 yards to Rod Smith are over. Sorry if that was uncalled for, it is meant with good intentions.

Taco John
11-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Joe Flacco may be the most underrated quarterback in the game. That guy is a straight up hoss. The Ravens are a fine team.

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Orton will never be Elway or Plummer. You should be glad you have him, he is the least of the worries in Denver IMO.

The days of Denver qbs rolling out and throwing the ball 75 yards to Rod Smith are over. Sorry if that was uncalled for, it is meant with good intentions.

ouch...he said plummer

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Joe Flacco may be the most underrated quarterback in the game. That guy is a straight up hoss. The Ravens are a fine team.

I thought that when they played a game earlier this year against the bears. He really has become a complete QB

bombay
11-01-2009, 03:40 PM

You really think he's underrated? It seems to me that people have raved (deservedly) about his play. He's still pretty new, but a hell of a player.

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 03:41 PM
You really think he's underrated? It seems to me that people have raved (deservedly) about his play. He's still pretty new, but a hell of a player.

I think people notice him, but I think he's even better than that. I think they should be talking about him like they do guys like Rivers or even Cutler.

Kid A
11-01-2009, 03:47 PM

Very elusive. Obviously that pitch to Rice was great, but the whole game he was avoiding sacks. He's got some game.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 03:50 PM

He's also a great Ballet dancer. Did you see that pirouette before the sack.

elsid13
11-01-2009, 03:53 PM

We don't need the QB to roll out and throw 75 yards for the TD. The lack of Orton's mobility doesn't allow this team to move the pocket and help the line when it's struggling. Currently when the team goes into passing play the pocket is set and defense understand at what point they need to get to pressure the QB.

Br0nc0Buster
11-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Our defense did not get whooped, it was doing fine. You can't give up that many 3-and-outs and expect your defense to keep up.

Our special teams has certainly had some issues these last two weeks.

But biggest issue is offensive line today, it was a sieve. Second issue is Orton. He wasn't bad, he was himself. Which is to say.. as I said weeks ago... if there is a game where they shut down our running game and put pressure on him, can he carry the team and make something happen to win the game? Obviously not. Aside from a first down run, he was very average, and did nothing special to help pull a comeback together. That's the good and bad with Orton. Stable, you really know what to expect week in and week out. Unfortunately, so does the defense. And if they can put the game on his shoulders, it's never going to be pretty.

I'm not at all panicked, however. I think the "system" will keep the wheels turning most games. My biggest concern are the playoffs. And Pitts. Because they also can shut down facets of our game.

He already has
It was called the New England game
Orton has played well so far this year but didnt have his best game today, to dismiss his play against San Diego and New England because the offense as a whole was terrible today it beyond stupid

Hulamau
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
We're fine. These things happen, especially vs. quality teams on the road who absolutely need a win. Orton's limitations are apparent, but the OL probably deserves the lion's share of his struggles, today. Hopefully Harris can be back next week. I actually didn't have a problem with those screens we were throwing early on....even though they weren't successful, it is the proper antidote to heavy pressure....unfortunately they werent getting the proper blocks and we couldn't break one.

The defense did a very good job until they got tired in the fourth and they started running on us. I was happy with the performance of ILB's. DJ with 11 tackles, at least one for a loss and Davis had several TFL and a sack. The OLBs were a bit disappointing. Oher did a nice job on Doom....I don't mind Doom getting a little antsy and going offsides...its all timing and instinct, he just guessed wrong a few times. I was happy to see Ayers make a nice play in the backfield. The main problem was the lack of pass rush. Baltimore's OL did a very nice job neutralizing our blitzes and Flacco is a quality passer, so he'll find the open reciever.

I do agree that they need to call Kern back and get rid of Berger. Kern has been pretty solid most of his time here...just cause he had a rough patch was probably not reason to get rid of him. It seems the bigger problem is the coverage units, IMO. They gave up another ST TD like last week.

We'll clean it up. We played pretty damn good on defense and were able to run at times. I think we'll be fine. We're 6-1 and healthy for the most part. DEN is in good shape.

Good take SoCal, pretty much how I saw it too. Defense gets an A for effort outside of a few lapses. but they were on the field all day and got little help from the O. The run up of the score at the end didn't accurately reflect how well the D really played this game.

I think this will wake up some other younger guys as well. There is no way with all the Cinderella stories and accolades floating around and building each week that some of the guys, Marshall perhaps included, weren't listening to all the talk at least a little.

A good thumping by a very solid and desperate team can be a good antidote about now for any overconfidence. Marshall had a soft game an needs to play with convintion from here on out starting Monday night.

Berger sucked mighty and directly contributed to the score run up on what might have other wise been another nail biter at the end. Him and the rest of the special teams who have some real tightening up to do on kick coverage.

Too often lately he stops as soon as he catches the ball and tries to out fake the defender instead of just running over them.

He dropped a sure key first down hearing foot steps and another one too and even as the announces noted was running some sloppy routes not helping out Kyle.

We'll be alright and I suspect they will come out a lot more focused Monday night.

Williams
11-01-2009, 04:36 PM

Hilarious! That looked so awkward. It looked like they should have called him for travelling, lol.

Ratboy
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
This was a tough loss. We were out coached, out played, out everything.

This game showed that Kyle Orton is just an average QB. He wasn't horrible, but he was missing every other pass, staring down receivers, you name it, he did it.. or in our case, didn't do it.

I am not overreacting, we're in a better place than what I figured we would be in. I am so disappointed because we could not do anything right.

Williams
11-01-2009, 04:46 PM
This was a tough loss. We were out coached, out played, out everything.

This game showed that Kyle Orton is just an average QB. He wasn't horrible, but he was missing every other pass, staring down receivers, you name it, he did it.. or in our case, didn't do it.

I am not overreacting, we're in a better place than what I figured we would be in. I am so disappointed because we could not do anything right.

Average quarterbacks throw interceptions. For all his flaws, the man does not turn the ball over. I agree all the "top 5 QB" talk is overboard... but Orton is certainly well above average this season. This is the first week he hasnt improved, and like other folks have mentioned he had no pocket today. Cant blame this L on Kyle.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-01-2009, 04:50 PM
The "Denver is overrated" stories will be everywhere this week. Only beating the Steelers next week will stop it. And we'll need a lot more offense to accomplish that.

HA! are you kidding we would have to shut out every opponent we face and beat em by 50 to get even 1 national sports media person to give us respect

go_broncos
11-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Now..i am wondering if we can reach playoffs

Taco John
11-01-2009, 04:57 PM

I did see that, and while it looked goofy, it showed a certain pocket mobility that he seems to be able to capitalize from.

Ratboy
11-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Average quarterbacks throw interceptions. For all his flaws, the man does not turn the ball over. I agree all the "top 5 QB" talk is overboard... but Orton is certainly well above average this season. This is the first week he hasnt improved, and like other folks have mentioned he had no pocket today. Cant blame this L on Kyle.

I will spread the blame. I just don't think Orton has the ability to take the game in his hands and win it (like previous QB's). He needs a lot of help to win games, which he didn't get this game.

I thought the play calling was off today, it seemed like we rarely took chances and played the game safe, even when we really needed to be aggressive. We also never got our running game going (kudos to the Ravens).

Williams
11-01-2009, 05:05 PM
kudos to the Ravens

Indeed. It was an offensive struggle all day.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 05:08 PM
I will spread the blame. I just don't think Orton has the ability to take the game in his hands and win it (like previous QB's). He needs a lot of help to win games, which he didn't get this game.

I thought the play calling was off today, it seemed like we rarely took chances and played the game safe, even when we really needed to be aggressive. We also never got our running game going (kudos to the Ravens).

Watch out I made the same points and the trolls were out for blood!

Bronx33
11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
A different team better show up next week.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2009, 05:12 PM

What? I thought I was pretty clear there. Apparently I wasn't.

Yes, I agree. Are we square now? Jesus.

Have a good day.

The Joker
11-01-2009, 05:14 PM

Very few QB's can take games like this and win.

Offensive line having a bad day, running game not getting going. Up against a defense that was on top of its game, as well.

Sure, the elite QB's could have won this game for us. But we've not had one of those in over a decade.

fontaine
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Very few QB's can take games like this and win.

Offensive line having a bad day, running game not getting going. Up against a defense that was on top of its game, as well.

Sure, the elite QB's could have won this game for us. But we've not had one of those in over a decade.

It's not just today though, our offense has sucked balls all year in the first half. They did enough in the 2nd to make it up but not this time and it caught up to them.

Br0nc0Buster
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM

except he already has done that...cough cough New England game

I guess you missed that one

Hercules Rockefeller
11-01-2009, 05:17 PM
3, 10, 13, 7, 7, 3, and 0

That's the output by the offense (not including Royal's returns against SD) in the 1st half through 7 games. That's 43 points in the 1st half, and 23 came against the horrendous Browns and Raiders.

Saying that this is a serious problem is not an overreaction. Yes they were going to lose eventually, but they've had 7 games to get the offense going and it stinks in the 1st half.

The Joker
11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
It's not just today though, our offense has sucked balls all year in the first half. They did enough in the 2nd to make it up but not this time and it caught up to them.

A lot of this will be how diverse our gameplans are, IMO.

We seem to have a very different gameplan every week, I think the O is struggling to get in its rhythm from the start.

Usually we seem to grow as the game goes on, but today it didn't happen for whatever reason.

For now I'm writing it off as a bad day. We were due one, and long term it'll help the team having a performance like today.

Pittsburgh next week will be a good test, hoping for a much improved display.

snowspot66
11-01-2009, 06:10 PM

He's shown he can lead teams to a win. Or did we forget the last few weeks? Even Elway wouldn't have been able to do anything about this one. Nobody showed up on offense. I don't honestly think we can even evaluate Orton's play. The blocking sucked it up so much today that he never had a chance on most plays.

Our receivers weren't getting open and the play calling was uninspired. The game plan just wasn't going to get it done today.

baja
11-01-2009, 06:37 PM

Maybe Josh can hire Shanny as a consultant in charge of scripting the first 15 plays. ;D

Archer81
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Who the **** panics when the team has a 6-1 record? Rather have these **** games now rather than in January.

:Broncos:

Atwater His Ass
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
3, 10, 13, 7, 7, 3, and 0

That's the output by the offense (not including Royal's returns against SD) in the 1st half through 7 games. That's 43 points in the 1st half, and 23 came against the horrendous Browns and Raiders.

Saying that this is a serious problem is not an overreaction. Yes they were going to lose eventually, but they've had 7 games to get the offense going and it stinks in the 1st half.

It's not just first half offense. The offense has been terrible all year, doing just enough to get by.

Now, I don't think anyone is surprised by this and only people with blinders on would not have noticed this during our winning streak. It's the same people that refuse to acknowledge that we got a lucky one against CIN.

Hopefully they get it figured out, but it was dissapointing not to even put up a fight on the offensive side, considering we had an extra week to prepare.

baja
11-01-2009, 06:51 PM
keep in mind it took Josh 10 games to get cassel to produce at a high level in this complex system and cassel had 2 years to watch and learn.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
It's not just first half offense. The offense has been terrible all year, doing just enough to get by.

Now, I don't think anyone is surprised by this and only people with blinders on would not have noticed this during our winning streak. It's the same people that refuse to acknowledge that we got a lucky one against CIN.

Hopefully they get it figured out, but it was dissapointing not to even put up a fight on the offensive side, considering we had an extra week to prepare.

Terrible all year? Youre being dramatic

SonOfLe-loLang
11-01-2009, 07:08 PM
My God, we're 6-1. If I offered you 6-1 for a testicle at the beginning of the year, most of you would have gladly handed it over.

tsiguy96
11-01-2009, 07:12 PM
My God, we're 6-1. If I offered you 6-1 for a testicle at the beginning of the year, most of you would have gladly handed it over.

i think thats why the vast majority of us arent too upset about a loss. the only ones who are pissed are the same doom and gloomers from the offseason.

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 07:29 PM
i think thats why the vast majority of us arent too upset about a loss. the only ones who are pissed are the same doom and gloomers from the offseason.

So which stance is it that the "same doom and gloomers from the offseason" are supposed to be taking? "Upset that the team was winning" or "pissed over the loss that we were supposedly 'secretly hoping for'"? (Neither is accurate, for the record... but the two are contradictory, so you guys need to make up your minds which myth to run with). :P

jhat01
11-01-2009, 07:36 PM

You're going to do your best to keep this thing going aren't you? I'm pissed about this loss, and I''m not a so called doom and gloomer. I just don't jump around and get all bent about it. I expected a better effort coming off a bye week. I'm sure they will bounce back at home...But can we get off this fued shiit already? It's old...

baja
11-01-2009, 07:44 PM
So which stance is it that the "same doom and gloomers from the offseason" are supposed to be taking? "Upset that the team was winning" or "pissed over the loss that we were supposedly 'secretly hoping for'"? (Neither is accurate, for the record... but the two are contradictory,<b> so you guys need to make up your minds which myth to run with). :P

This appears to be one man's thoughts where do you get off including all these others?

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM
You're going to do your best to keep this thing going aren't you? I'm pissed about this loss, and I''m not a so called doom and gloomer. I just don't jump around and get all bent about it. I expected a better effort coming off a bye week. I'm sure they will bounce back at home...But can we get off this fued shiit already? It's old...

this

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 08:03 PM
This appears to be one man's thoughts where do you get off including all these others?

Other "optimistic" posters have claimed that the so-called "mopey mafia" was upset that the team was winning and/or harbored secret hopes for a loss. Tsiguy's post alleged that the same group ("gloom and doomers from the offseason") are the only ones who are pissed off over today's loss. Again, neither stance is accurate, but in the rush to bash other posters the obvious contradictions were apparently overlooked.

In reality, I believe most Broncos fans (regardless of offseason opinions) are pissed off over the loss (who wouldn't be?), but are nevertheless happy with leading the division at 6-1.

broncosteven
11-01-2009, 08:07 PM

Your the one who started the thread bagging on the D and they played well until they ran out of gas because the O was going 3 and out or not sustaining any drives in the 1st quarter.

bombay
11-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Good God.

Boo freaking hoo hoo hoo.

6-1

baja
11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Other "optimistic" posters have claimed that the so-called "mopey mafia" was upset that the team was winning and/or harbored secret hopes for a loss. Tsiguy's post alleged that the same group ("gloom and doomers from the offseason") are the only ones who are pissed off over today's loss. Again, neither stance is accurate, but in the rush to bash other posters the obvious contradictions were apparently overlooked.

In reality, I believe most Broncos fans (regardless of offseason opinions) are pissed off over the loss (who wouldn't be?), but are nevertheless happy with leading the division at 6-1.

If you stop contributing to the situation it will end that much sooner.

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 08:32 PM
If you stop contributing to the situation it will end that much sooner.

Sorry... just thought his comment was "full of it".... and makes no sense whatsoever. And obviously I'm not the only one who saw it as "taking yet another shot at other posters"... but whatever.

broncosteven
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry... just thought his comment was "full of it".... and makes no sense whatsoever. And obviously I'm not the only one who saw it as "taking yet another shot at other posters"... but whatever.

It is not like you started tens upon tens of meanlingless meanspirited polls or threads demanding Crow to be eaten Blue!

LOL

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 08:37 PM

baja :slapsilly blue

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 08:42 PM
It is not like you started tens upon tens of meanlingless meanspirited polls or threads demanding Crow to be eaten Blue!

LOL

You made me curious so I had to check my thread-starting habits. I've started two threads this year; one in January and one in July. Both were "positive" threads... ;D

tsiguy96
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Your the one who started the thread bagging on the D and they played well until they ran out of gas because the O was going 3 and out or not sustaining any drives in the 1st quarter.

i bagged on the d's missed tackles, and there was a TON in the backfield taht should have never got out of there hands.

and no, i think everyones pissed about the loss, clearly.

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
ok lets settle this....who's the biggest fan!!!

http://www.gklsolutions.com/resources/01_00005.jpg

Dudeskey
11-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Loud voices!!!™

baja
11-01-2009, 09:00 PM

http://www.flaktwoods.com/53d88c8d-ac0d-486e-a3c5-d875eb2877d6

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 09:00 PM
loud voices!!!

i don't know what we're yelling about!!!

Hercules Rockefeller
11-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Good to see that now that Blue has joined the thread, it's no longer about football but how we shouldn't be questioning each other's fandom. What a surprise!!

broncosteven
11-01-2009, 09:03 PM

I am more of a rocket kinda guy:

http://moontag.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/saturnv.jpg

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Good to see that now that Blue has joined the thread, it's no longer about football but how we shouldn't be questioning each other's fandom. What a surprise!!

The thread was never about football in the first place, Herc... unless "venting our frustrations over a loss" falls under the heading of "football"....

Hercules Rockefeller
11-01-2009, 09:13 PM
The thread was never about football in the first place, Herc... unless "venting our frustrations over a loss" falls under the heading of "football"....

Of course it wasn't, anyone who posted anything football related was told that it was only one loss and it's an overreaction despite the fact that the offense has been sputtering for 7 games now and people just want to ignore that.

But then you jump in and start with the same tired old **** that you post constantly, stop calling people out who pissed and moaned this offseason. We're all fans. Blah, blah, blah, please ignore that I said I despised all things that were the "Patriot Way" this summer, adding to voluminous list of things that I was absolutely wrong about in my time here, i.e. see all things QB related. You're like the Wizard of Oz, "There's nothing to see behind the curtain. Just pretend I never posted at all since mid-March."

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Of course it wasn't, anyone who posted anything football related was told that it was only one loss and it's an overreaction despite the fact that the offense has been sputtering for 7 games now and people just want to ignore that.

But then you jump in and start with the same tired old **** that you post constantly, stop calling people out who pissed and moaned this offseason. We're all fans. Blah, blah, blah, please ignore that I said I despised all things that were the "Patriot Way" this summer, adding to voluminous list of things that I was absolutely wrong about in my time here, i.e. see all things QB related. You're like the Wizard of Oz, "There's nothing to see behind the curtain. Just pretend I never posted at all since mid-March."

That is not what I said at all. If you're gonna attribute something to me, please provide a quote rather than making stuff up.

theAPAOps5
11-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Man I never seen people fight over one loss! This place is just crazy sometimes. I wonder what it would have been like back in 97 and 98!

Herc the offense has sputtered in some games but not all 7 thats an overreaction. Yes there is stuff that needs to be corrected. The OL and the play calling. They need to stretch the field and keep the defense honest.

But its not the end of the world. Its a bad loss to learn from! Hopefully the team didn't come out to dinged up but this will be a test to their mental toughness!

Smiling Assassin27
11-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I KNEW we shoulda hired Spagnuolo...

NFLBRONCO
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM

I'm thrilled with the 6-1 record but, this game shows our flaws we knew we had over the summer. Yes I hate losing to the Ratbirds I wanted to beat them.

This was a bad game all teams have them. The worrisome thing to me is all our key O weapons if they get bullied they fold and don't really step up and make plays the rest of the game. Its a trend I wondered about after BM Porter fiasco a few years ago. Quickest fix is better QB if we stay with Orton longterm I think Denver lacks that special HR threat everytime he touches the ball big things happens. Still its no that big of deal but, something I have noticed.

NFLBRONCO
11-01-2009, 09:48 PM
i knew we shoulda hired spagnuolo...

lol

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm thrilled with the 6-1 record but, this game shows our flaws we knew we had over the summer. Yes I hate losing to the Ratbirds I wanted to beat them.

This was a bad game all teams have them. The worrisome thing to me is all our key O weapons if they get bullied they fold and don't really step up and make plays the rest of the game. Its a trend I wondered about after BM Porter fiasco a few years ago. Quickest fix is better QB if we stay with Orton longterm I think Denver lacks that special HR threat everytime he touches the ball big things happens. Still its no that big of deal but, something I have noticed.

Somehow it does hurt more that the loss was to the Ravens... I really dislike that team. LOL

baja
11-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Somehow it does hurt more that the loss was to the Ravens... I really dislike that team. LOL

Then you must have really enjoyed the win over NE. ;D

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
http://www.flaktwoods.com/53d88c8d-ac0d-486e-a3c5-d875eb2877d6

http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/wind_turbine_aalborg.jpg

baja
11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/wind_turbine_aalborg.jpg

http://spxcooling.com/images/1973-largest-fan.jpg

Hercules Rockefeller
11-01-2009, 10:13 PM
That is not what I said at all. If you're gonna attribute something to me, please provide a quote rather than making stuff up.

I don't like the Pats.... or their cheating. I do not want the Broncos to be like them (turn into New England West). Cheating is bad for the sport.

And about half of the forum thinks he's doing OK even though there's no evidence to support that conclusion yet either. The tough schedule is primarily the reason why I don't look for playoffs or even a .500 year in '09.

I'm very disappointed in the way he's handled the entire Cutler thing. Letting the soap opera play for four days without an "official" announcement was inexcusable.

The FA signings are not terribly impressive with the exception of Dawkins... and I do not like the Patriot philosophy. At all.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2332367&highlight=patriot#post2332367

Talk about a reach, Popps. We were talking about my not liking the Patriot philosophy... of the ends justify the means. Who else's kids would I possibly be talking about in the terms I used?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2332389&highlight=patriot#post2332389

Actually I was trying to put aside my distaste for his Patriot connection, prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then he got the Goodmans fired, dismantled the offense when we needed help on defense and special teams, cut a Bronco player in order to pay more for a Patriot, and fubared everything with Cutler. If "f*ing up the team" was his goal, then it looks to me like he succeeded. Rational and logical enough for you? :P

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2355964&highlight=patriot#post2355964

I'm never going to love the Patriot. ;D

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2386277&highlight=patriot#post2386277

Fixed.

I've made no secret of the fact that I intensely dislike Belicheat and everything he stands for.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2401815&highlight=patriot#post2401815

If you can't see his arrogance, cockiness, and attitude that his way (the so-called "Patriot Way") is infallible (despite already being embarrassingly schooled by Belichick and having Bowlen publicly acknowledge that he's made "rookie mistakes"), then trying to explain it to you would be an exercise in futility...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2472276&highlight=patriot#post2472276

I've never, ever stuttered about not liking the man. And I don't like "the Patriot Way" either.

However, the man positively exudes cockiness and overconfidence, despite appearing to some of us to be totally in over his head.

I cannot "own" the claim of being bitter, however... because that would be untrue. I'm nervous over the future of the team I love... this kid has set his own "bar" very high... and I'm dubious of his ability to live up to it.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2472302&highlight=patriot#post2472302

It was more like... "If I want to trade 'the player', I will. And I don't have to include someone so lowly as "the player" in the decision-making process". By taking on the highest-profile player on the offense, he told every player on that team that they were expendable and unimportant; the only thing that matters is "his scheme" (the "Patriot Way).

Oh, and if you think my anti-Patriots bias is hidden somehow... I suspect you have never clicked on my sig (yes, it is a clickable link).... I do not "hide it".... nor do I see why a distaste for the Patriots affects my Bronco fanship... I always want what's best for the Broncos. I'm just not at all convinced McDaniels is that.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2476253&highlight=patriot#post2476253

From the very beginning, I've made no secret that I intensely dislike McDaniels... because he was a Spygate-era Patriot. And while I fervently hope that I'm wrong, I do suspect that he's in over his head with the HC job. I am not convinced that he can do a competent job. Again, though... I hope to be proven wrong.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2524996&highlight=patriot#post2524996

Y'know... a lot of the football-watching world hates the Pats because they cheated. I'm hardly alone in it. And until a few months ago, no one here would have said anything about an anti-Pats sentiment. But suddenly we get a HC who worships at the altar of the Dark Lord Belicheat and aspires to emulate him in every way (even donning a ratty-looking hoodie on game day...can't he develop his own schtick? )... so now every "true Bronco fan" is required to love and respect "the Patriot way"? ??? Such hogwash.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2525733&highlight=patriot#post2525733

What didn't you say about the Patriot Way?

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 10:19 PM
http://spxcooling.com/images/1973-largest-fan.jpg

http://www.kidsco.co.uk/Oriental%20Images/GiantFan.gif

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Then you must have really enjoyed the win over NE. ;D

I did. And the ones over SD and Oakland too. :wiggle:

Paladin
11-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Gosh, Blue. Say it ain't so......

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2332367&highlight=patriot#post2332367

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2332389&highlight=patriot#post2332389

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2355964&highlight=patriot#post2355964

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2386277&highlight=patriot#post2386277

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2401815&highlight=patriot#post2401815

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2472276&highlight=patriot#post2472276

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2472302&highlight=patriot#post2472302

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2476253&highlight=patriot#post2476253

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2524996&highlight=patriot#post2524996

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2525733&highlight=patriot#post2525733

So? Those posts were made months ago and have nothing whatsoever to do with the stuff you made up and then claimed I posted tonight on this thread.

SJ Bronco
11-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Hercules Rockefeller
http://www.jimbo.info/weblog/2008/06/02/MrT15.jpg

Blueflame
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Sylvester-Stallone---Rocky-III-Photograph-C12150466.jpeg

Dagmar
11-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I posted this in the chatroom, I stated the SoCal and Blueflame would be VERY active posters after this game.

Quell surprise.

Popps
11-01-2009, 10:59 PM

:rofl:

Holy ****!!!

What a massive, heaping pile of FAIL!

Wow.

Popps
11-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I posted this in the chatroom, I stated the SoCal and Blueflame would be VERY active posters after this game.

Quell surprise.

Yea, shocker to see Blueflame back in here after a loss, huh?

Dagmar
11-01-2009, 11:12 PM
I seriously cannot believe on a Broncos message board 2 moderators are as obtuse as those two.

Just, so much fail.

Dagmar
11-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Our first loss of the season was in NOVEMBER!!!!

Blueflame
11-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Yea, shocker to see Blueflame back in here after a loss, huh?

Yeah, I'm just a posting machine... with 9 whole posts today. Most of them replying to someone else. Too funny.

Oh, my bad. Ten posts.

broncocalijohn
11-02-2009, 12:31 AM
didnt read any of the 8 pages but i thought Drama Llama's thread deserves to be in here.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=86356

broncocalijohn
11-02-2009, 12:36 AM

some dont have any as I go back and read this thing and some like Ass couldnt give you one of his since he turned them in during the offseason for a big vagina.

Atwater His Ass
11-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Terrible all year? Youre being dramatic

How would you rate this offense? One of the key points people like you made all season was about "scoring offense". Well, were does this offense rank scoring wise? Bottom half of the league. If that's not terrible, it's at best below average.

It is what it is.

The Moops
11-02-2009, 04:28 AM
True about a previous post, if you told us after all the offseason brouhaha that the Broncos would suffer their FIRST loss in NOVEMBER, we would think it was a joke . . . no need to stick our heads in the oven.

I knew Ravens would be a tough game, I just thought Denver would show up for it . . .

errand
11-02-2009, 06:32 AM
I don't know that this team has the talent to win when things don't go our way.

maybe we don't...i prefer to look at this game in the following analogy.

A cheetah spies a gazelle grazing in the long grass.....it starts chasing the gazelle, the gazelle puts it into high gear, zig zags and out runs the cheetah after a few anxious moments. The cheetah returns back to his group and the other cheetahs are laughing at him...."what happened to you?" they laugh...

He replies"I was running for my dinner....the gazelle was running for his life"

The point being is that the Ravens raised their intensity up alot more than we did, because unlike the Broncos, the Ravens didn't have another loss to give.

c_lazy_r
11-02-2009, 06:35 AM

;D

Damn, that was funny.

broncogary
11-02-2009, 06:36 AM

Old BlueFlame quote, "Link, please?" :~ohyah!:

barryr
11-02-2009, 06:58 AM
You know people grasp at straws when complaining about a punter being replaced. A punter. Next, will complain that the water boy's bottles are filled with that grape flavored water and instead the berry kind.

cousinal11
11-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Certainly concerned over our o-line, they were manhandled. Berger looked pathetic.

**** happens. Interested to see how we bounce back.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2009, 08:14 AM
I disagree with that.

Give us a couple of examples of Cutler brilliance when down two scores. I can give you one Orton example as a Bronco--down 10 going into the 4th versus Dallas. Just because he didn't play great this week does not mean he is Brian Griese.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2009, 08:16 AM
I don't think you can blame Orton for this loss, except to say that when he gets hit early and often, he's not much to look at. He's not going to be mistaken for the late Steve McNair in the same circumstance.

At least he doesn't serve up multiple turnovers in those circumstances, a la Jay Cutler. This was the sort of game last season when Jay would toss up 2 or 3 picks.

SoCalBronco
11-02-2009, 08:18 AM
We'll be fine. It's just 1 loss. It's not a big deal. I just want Harris back next week. It's not like teams haven't blitzed us before. They have and the OL has been stout, they just had some issues this week that will be corrected.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2009, 08:21 AM

Orton played extremely well in three straight games against playoff caliber teams...he has one mediocre game and all of sudden he can only do fine against half the league. Whatever.

baja
11-02-2009, 08:24 AM
We'll be fine. It's just 1 loss. It's not a big deal. I just want Harris back next week. It's not like teams haven't blitzed us before. They have and the OL has been stout, they just had some issues this week that will be corrected.

nice reaction to the loss

You win the freshly minted weekly "turkey sandwich award' for most level headed poster after a game. ;D

Cito Pelon
11-02-2009, 08:27 AM

Well, there's certainly plenty of breakdowns to discuss. Except the D, they played fairly well. I shouldn't have said "ass kicked in all three phases". The D didn't get their ass kicked.

The O players and ST players had one hell of a hard time blocking and when they did block the blocks weren't sustained for long. That was the big deal. I think Denver's O is better than they showed Sunday. Too many guys came out flat, hungover, still half-asleep, whatever.

I blame it on Daylight Savings Time. ;) Frigging gubmint wants to even control when the sun comes up.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2009, 08:35 AM

Good pioint, SoCal. It's not like teams haven't tried to blitz us until this game. Teams all year have been trying to bring the heat with the idea that they can rattle Orton. This was simply the first game where the OL had a sub-par performance and failed to adjust to the blitz. Of course, some will bloame Orton, but I think the fact that he did not press in the face of all that pressure and make big mistakes is a good thing. He's already shown he can lead the team from behind. Today he showed that he won't fold up his tent when the game isn't going our way.

bronco militia
11-02-2009, 08:36 AM
the broncos should be 6-2...they lost to the ravens and the zebras.

OOOF

god I hate walt coleman.

Cito Pelon
11-02-2009, 08:41 AM
I have bolded everything I found useful in this post.

I mean the lack of any pass protection or running game is all on Orton. Moron!

This team looked bad on all fronts. No one person deserves the blame. This is on the entire team. Good teams have bad days and move on and learn.

This is a good team in the eyes of many so I think they learn from this get a reality check and come back hungry and angry.

They sure got a reality check. You can't have 2 of 11 guys on any given O or ST play stumbling around like they have blindfolds on and their shoes are on the wrong feet.

Denver is actually a little bit better than they showed Sunday. Balt prolly still would have won since they actually played pretty dang well on D and ST's, but Denver sure had some players that were flat.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2009, 08:42 AM
the broncos should be 6-2...they lost to the ravens and the zebras.

OOOF

god I hate walt coleman.

???

Cito Pelon
11-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I think people notice him, but I think he's even better than that. I think they should be talking about him like they do guys like Rivers or even Cutler.

Being strong as a country mule sure helps.

gyldenlove
11-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Orton played extremely well in three straight games against playoff caliber teams...he has one mediocre game and all of sudden he can only do fine against half the league. Whatever.

There is no way you can put this loss on Orton. The defense didn't play well out there, the special teams were the worst they have been all year and the protection broke down around Orton a lot, the run game never got going.

No part of this team held up their end yesterday, it was hopefully a one time thing and we can fix it and get back up to speed against Pittsburgh. The only real positive was that we were able to hold Ray Rice better than most teams except for the last drive when our run defense broke down.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2009, 08:57 AM
I was actually pleased with the defense overall. 7 of the points were on the ST and the TD at the end was garbage time when the D was gassed and knew they weren't going to win. For most of the game, they bottled up Rice and didn't give up big plays in the passing game. Not their best effort by a long stretch, but it wasn't terrible either.

Grumps
11-02-2009, 08:59 AM
The defense was ok, they kept the Broncos in the game through the first half. They were just on the field too long. The real problems were unimaginative playcalling, poor ST, and piss poor OL play. McDaniels also needs to figure a way to get Hillis involved more in the games.

OABB
11-02-2009, 09:02 AM
6-1! we need to be 7-0 and on top of the espn power rankings! 6 and 1! we are never going to be the best team in the BCS! never ever ever!

The Saints better lose tonight so we can still be top five or else.

BroncoInferno
11-02-2009, 09:10 AM
I'll be honest...the aspect of the team that concerns me most (well, aside from special teams) is the run game. Even when we have run the ball well, it has not really been much better than "well.' Knowshon has been decent, but he has yet to really generate any of the big plays you expect to get when you invest a top half 1st rounder in a RB. Even in our wins--with the exception of the two games we played against no-hopers Oakland and Cleveland--we really have only run the ball decently, and get bottled up at times. I guess it has been consistently decent but not much more. Yesterady it was not good at all. Running the ball generally "well" is nothing to panic about, of course, but we are going to need it to be better than that at times and we also are going to need to see more big plays generated out of the run game.

baja
11-02-2009, 09:12 AM
There is no way you can put this loss on Orton. The defense didn't play well out there, the special teams were the worst they have been all year and the protection broke down around Orton a lot, the run game never got going.

No part of this team held up their end yesterday, it was hopefully a one time thing and we can fix it and get back up to speed against Pittsburgh. The only real positive was that we were able to hold Ray Rice better than most teams except for the last drive when our run defense broke down.

I beats me how anyone can say the defense didn't play well. The O gave the Rat Birds the ball on our 28 yard line and the D held them to 3 and despite a very poor showing by the O the score at the half was 6 to 0

The D gave up 17 points and that is tremendous given the field position we cave them all game long.

Pick Six
11-02-2009, 09:26 AM
The Ravens did a great job containing Dumervil. They executed their plays very well. Flacco was flawless in the second half. Bravo to them for a good victory. Now, let's go get the Steelers...:Broncos:

TailgateNut
11-02-2009, 09:30 AM
A side note: When I looked out of my window this morning, the sun came up in the east.

baja
11-02-2009, 09:47 AM
How far East would have to go before the sun starts coming up in the West.

bronco militia
11-02-2009, 09:48 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ravenstoodefensive.gif

gyldenlove
11-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I beats me how anyone can say the defense didn't play well. The O gave the Rat Birds the ball on our 28 yard line and the D held them to 3 and despite a very poor showing by the O the score at the half was 6 to 0

The D gave up 17 points and that is tremendous given the field position we cave them all game long.

How did the defense plays well?

Was it the 14 consecutive completions by Flacco they played well agains? was it the 61% 3rd down conversion rate, forcing 0 turnovers and 4 punts?

The Ravens scored on 5 of their 9 drives how is that good?

So the Ravens scored 7 points off a return for TD, even if we count the 3 off the fumble as not against the D that still leaves 20 points the Defense gave up.

Cito Pelon
11-02-2009, 10:15 AM

Fan-dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTEIWK9CaEs

dbfan4life
11-02-2009, 10:21 AM
I think we get off the field on 3-18 in the 3rd, different ballgame. We just scored and had some momentum. Gun, foot, BANG!

baja
11-02-2009, 10:23 AM
How did the defense plays well?

Was it the 14 consecutive completions by Flacco they played well agains? was it the 61% 3rd down conversion rate, forcing 0 turnovers and 4 punts?

The Ravens scored on 5 of their 9 drives how is that good?

So the Ravens scored 7 points off a return for TD, even if we count the 3 off the fumble as not against the D that still leaves 20 points the Defense gave up.

Most of the stats you are using occurred when the game was out of hand and the D was completely gassed due to extra energy drain resulting from the travel and the O going basically 3 and out except for one drive.

baja
11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
I think we get off the field on 3-18 in the 3rd, different ballgame. We just scored and had some momentum. Gun, foot, BANG!

That was the final nail in the coffin (WallMart now has roll back prices on coffins so we can all afford to die)! ;D

TheDave
11-02-2009, 10:34 AM
This thread is funny...

TonyR
11-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I'll be honest...the aspect of the team that concerns me most (well, aside from special teams) is the run game.

Agree, I'm concerned about this as well and I'm surprised how little this has been discussed. Like the last few years it seems like we can't run effectively when we need to. We need to get bigger on the OL.

bronco militia
11-02-2009, 10:56 AM
This thread is funny...

the thread title is perfect...I'm just as guilty as the rest of us

TheDave
11-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Agree, I'm concerned about this as well and I'm surprised how little this has been discussed. Like the last few years it seems like we can't run effectively when we need to. We need to get bigger on the OL.

This line was built for the ZBS... this is an area that our coach is forcing a round peg in a square hole.

Clady, Harris and Kupe are going to need another year to adjust to this. Unfortunately we will probabley need to replace both weigmann and hamilton.

gtown
11-02-2009, 11:18 AM
This line was built for the ZBS... this is an area that our coach is forcing a round peg in a square hole.

Clady, Harris and Kupe are going to need another year to adjust to this. Unfortunately we will probabley need to replace both weigmann and hamilton.

Good thing that Weigmann and Hamilton are interior OL and not bookend tackles. We can get them relatively cheap in FA or in a mid-low round in the draft.

The one name I did not hear yesterday was Terrell Suggs. He was totally neutralized by the tackles.

And for the record, there haven't been many total overreactions in this thread. The OMane has changed. Where are the flaming threads about how we need to gut the team and bring back Shanny and Frown Cannon?

Eldorado
11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
On the up side, Larson was knocking ****ers out on special teams.

:solid:

Cito Pelon
11-02-2009, 11:23 AM
This thread is funny...

Funny at times and certainly entertaining. As are most Mane threads.

gunns
11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I love the over reaction by the media. I don't understand it by fans. It's one loss. Yes, I have always had concerns about Orton, he's difficult to watch. But with the line play yesterday any QB would have had problems. There are games like this for every team. I have faithin McD and Nolan will fix the problems with what they have. I find it funny the automatic "wow we've got problems" after one loss.