PDA

View Full Version : Cold Hard Football Facts Laugh at the 'experts' Picking Baltimore

prunch
10-31-2009, 11:28 PM
http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2932_Real_and_spectacular_Week_8_picks.html

Couldn't agree more

Denver at Baltimore (-3.5)
Yeah, we did a double-take when we read this one, too. But, for some reason, the Ravens are favored. Apparently, the pigskin public is confusing Denver-Baltimore here in 2009 with a fantastical Denver-Baltimore battle of 2008 – when the Ravens were stronger in all of our defensive Quality Stats.

But this is easily the biggest no-brainer of the week, a game that has us salivating like we standing over a double-order of extra spicy wings at Wendell's.

In fact, the Broncos have powered our gravy train all season. They’re 6-0 this year – and have been underdogs five times in those six games. They were dogs at San Diego. They were dogs at home vs. New England. They were dogs at home vs. Dallas. They were dogs in Week 1 at Cincinnati. Hell, the ultimate insult, they were dogs at Oakland this year.

Denver was favored just once this year, in Week 2 vs. Cleveland.

In other words, the pigskin public and "pundits" are really missing the boat on the Broncos. But we are not.

We’ve ridden this pony all year – picking them to win every single game, and to win and cover against the Browns which, of course, they did. So we're 6-0 in other words, rolling the dice with the Horseshoe and the rest of the Broncos this year.

So, who are you going to listen to? Your buddy at the office who has a “hunch” this week? Or Uncle CHFF?

Besides the trend this year, the Broncos hold all the advantages on the field – including the No. 1 Defensive Hogs in the NFL. The most damning evidence? The Broncos are tied with the Saints with a league-leading 3-0 record vs. Quality Teams. The Ravens are 0-3 vs. Quality Teams – and about to become 0-4.

Need just one more reason to ride the Broncos? Here you go: Prisco is picking Baltimore.

The Broncos win in yet another outright victory by a road dog for the mighty, mighty Cold, Hard Football Facts.

Denver 28, Baltimore 24

spdirty
10-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Vegas is gonna hit the jackpot this week with this game, as stupid as the betting public is.

Popps
11-01-2009, 12:28 AM
I think it's a dead-even match-up on paper. We've gotten a few breaks, and Baltimore really should be 4-2.

I think we're playing more complete football right now, and I also think we're probably headed in the right direction and I'm wondering if they're not starting to show some flaws.

So, being a homer... I still like us in this game. It'll be brutal, and a loss wouldn't surprise me at all. But, I think we find a way to get it done.

Circle Orange
11-01-2009, 08:48 AM
The only reason they're hyping purple pigeons is that cornball bit about the "desperate team needing a win" bit.

Broncos burned the memo on their desk.

Bronco Warrior
11-01-2009, 08:59 AM
"Desperate teams" press make dumb mistakes! The Beast will make them PAY!!!

Endy
11-01-2009, 10:39 AM
The only reason they're hyping purple pigeons is that cornball bit about the "desperate team needing a win" bit.

Broncos burned the memo on their desk.

The other one I've been hearing is that the Ravens are coming off a bye so that gives them the advantage. Ummm... okay.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2009, 10:41 AM
We can break this team if we win. And probably not have to play them again. Deep at their core. They are still the Browns.

frerottenextelway
11-01-2009, 10:41 AM
We were the favorites against Oakland.